HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2011, 08:02 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I understand that the Kings need to do something with their prospects. I'm not even sure if Muzzin is ready for the NHL. It wouldn't be wise to put him on the team right now unless he is playing with a guy like Mitchell, Greene or Scuderi. But, for awhile, not a couple games.

And the biggest thing, I don't see the Devils trading Parise. There might be a small chance they might dangle him come playoff time if the Devils aren't in it. But, I don't see anything serious. Nothing wrong with talking about it, but lets be serious and say it's not going to happen.
Well from what the devils fans have said on our board, there's no way Parise gets traded and I tend to believe them. Having said that, if it isn't Parise or Kovy, I really don't care for anyone on their roster.

Last edited by The Black1963: 11-19-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old
11-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
I really like Palmieri and Clarkson. But Clarkson's overpaid. Either of those two would be a great fit for our squad.

Old
11-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Nex06

vCash: 500
RH63, Shellz, I am thinking the same.

I just don't like those 8 month contracts, especially for TOP unrestricted free agents. We would have to be top 3 Cup contenders for this to work for me. And I am not a big fan of dealing with Doughty's agency again either.

As for expandable asset that I wouldn't regret giving, Stoll and Penner are both there. As for what I'd take from Devils, Parise is pretty much the only interesting option for me.

Old
11-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Well from what the devils fans have said on our board, there's no way Parise gets traded and I tend to believe them. Having said that, if it isn't Parise or Kovy, I really don't care for anyone on their roster.
Yeah, I don't either. Unless we are just giving them a pick of some sorts. Or if it's Martinez or Voynov for another young guy. That's all I really see. Nothing big, but something that could get the bottom lines going.

Old
11-19-2011, 09:31 PM
gonnaneedsomewine

Just wait it out. Parise will test the market and LA is an attractive place to come play.

Kings have a lot of salary coming off the books and no RFA's to worry about after the season so they can make a big run at Parise if they choose to do so. Would be a perfect fit at LW on the first line. Plus you'd get to keep your prospects.

I know a lot of people are looking for that trade that puts this team over the top, but is it really worth it at this point? This team is set up to win for years to come, there's no need to throw away guys like Voynov and Loktionov to try to load up for this year.

Brown - 27
Clifford - 20
Kopitar - 24
Lewis - 24
Loktionov - 21
Richards - 26
Williams - 30
Doughty - 21
Greene - 28
Jack Johnson - 24
Martinez - 24
Voynov - 21
Quick - 25
Bernier - 23

That's a team that should compete for a Cup for the next 5-10 years. Don't do something stupid that's short-sighted. And Dean won't. He's a long term builder.

Old
11-19-2011, 09:44 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
Just wait it out. Parise will test the market and LA is an attractive place to come play.

Kings have a lot of salary coming off the books and no RFA's to worry about after the season so they can make a big run at Parise if they choose to do so. Would be a perfect fit at LW on the first line. Plus you'd get to keep your prospects.

I know a lot of people are looking for that trade that puts this team over the top, but is it really worth it at this point? This team is set up to win for years to come, there's no need to throw away guys like Voynov and Loktionov to try to load up for this year.

Brown - 27
Clifford - 20
Kopitar - 24
Lewis - 24
Loktionov - 21
Richards - 26
Williams - 30
Doughty - 21
Greene - 28
Jack Johnson - 24
Martinez - 24
Voynov - 21
Quick - 25
Bernier - 23

That's a team that should compete for a Cup for the next 5-10 years. Don't do something stupid that's short-sighted. And Dean won't. He's a long term builder.
And theres me thinking JJ was having a good year

Old
11-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I really like Palmieri and Clarkson. But Clarkson's overpaid. Either of those two would be a great fit for our squad.
The way Clarkson is playing this year, he's hardly overpaid. He's on pace for a 30 goal season.

Palmieri though, he could be had.

Old
11-20-2011, 12:25 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
The way Clarkson is playing this year, he's hardly overpaid. He's on pace for a 30 goal season.

Palmieri though, he could be had.
The Kings need someone with a Pulse on the Bottom six, so bad right now.

Old
11-20-2011, 12:33 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Our potential third lines:

Penner-Lokti-Stoll
Penner-Lokti-Lewis
Richie-Lokti-Lewis
Richie-Lokti-Stoll
Penner-Lokti-Richie

And there are more. We're not missing any pieces here guys. You guys just need to be patient and hope that TM will put together the right combo.

Old
11-20-2011, 12:49 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post

Brown - 27
Clifford - 20
Kopitar - 24
Lewis - 24
Loktionov - 21
Richards - 26
Williams - 30
Doughty - 21
Greene - 28
Jack Johnson - 24
Martinez - 24
Voynov - 21
Quick - 25
Bernier - 23

Wow from the looks of this list one would think that we are a pretty legit team. Wonder if a freakin good coach would make a difference.

Old
11-20-2011, 12:53 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
guys, its not going to be Parise, so you can stop speculating that.

I have a hard time believing Clarkson is dealt, either, as both Lou and Deboer love him. also really dont want to move Zubrus.

not sure who else that leaves that interests you, just offering my opinion as a Devils fan. I would also love to get Voynov
I don't understand Devils fans who say things like "I would love Bernier and Voynov", yet are unwilling to even part with Clarkson or Zubrus, let alone Parise.

Old
11-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Wow from the looks of this list one would think that we are a pretty legit team. Wonder if a freakin good coach would make a difference.
No. Don't you know that coaches don't matter?!

Old
11-20-2011, 12:55 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
No. Don't you know that coaches don't matter?!
You have that wrong, Coaches under Dean Lombardi don't matter. Cause they will simply coach (Dean Lombardi Hockey).

Old
11-20-2011, 12:56 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I can't believe for a second Greene will be traded. Muzzin? The guy in the AHL? Yeah, okay, Barry. Eklund said the same thing about the trade. They must have some of the same reporters. Which ya know, is good for nothing.
Um, Barry writes for Eklund's website.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
I don't understand Devils fans who say things like "I would love Bernier and Voynov", yet are unwilling to even part with Clarkson or Zubrus, let alone Parise.
From what I read on Devils forums, they pretty much think that Bernier is unproven and that guy like Tedenby is way more talented that Bernier. So they are not interested in unproven goalie with questionable potential. Not to mention that "there are more quality goalies than spots on the teams." Different teams, different views.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Just for the sake of discussion, let's assume Lombardi really is having discussions concerning Parise. The top two names that I think would have to go are Bernier and Voynov. Not sure if the Kings could get away with swapping Voynov out for Martinez as he is the higher end prospect with the higher ceiling and someone the Devils will greatly value.

On top of that, the Kings would have to add a top six forward and most likely a 1st round pick. The only top six forward that the Kings would move is Dustin Penner. While he's not necessarily an attractive asset right now, his salary has to be moved and it makes sense for him to fill a hole on the Devils roster to finish off the season.

If Lamoriello knows that he will not be able to re-sign Parise or if he has been given orders by his owner to move him, then I would think that a trade of Bernier, Voynov, Penner and a 1st would be an attractive package for the Devils to obtain.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:07 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Just for the sake of discussion, let's assume Lombardi really is having discussions concerning Parise. The top two names that I think would have to go are Bernier and Voynov. Not sure if the Kings could get away with swapping Voynov out for Martinez as he is the higher end prospect with the higher ceiling and someone the Devils will greatly value.

On top of that, the Kings would have to add a top six forward and most likely a 1st round pick. The only top six forward that the Kings would move is Dustin Penner. While he's not necessarily an attractive asset right now, his salary has to be moved and it makes sense for him to fill a hole on the Devils roster to finish off the season.

If Lamoriello knows that he will not be able to re-sign Parise or if he has been given orders by his owner to move him, then I would think that a trade of Bernier, Voynov, Penner and a 1st would be an attractive package for the Devils to obtain.
You can't be serious. Why in the world would we give up all that for a potential free agent? It's one thing if we can get an extension, but as a ufa, there's no way we give them anything close to what you're proposing.

Remember, DL didn't want to give up one of JJ, Simmonds or Brown for Kovi.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:17 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Just for the sake of discussion, let's assume Lombardi really is having discussions concerning Parise.
Alright.

Quote:
The top two names that I think would have to go are Bernier and Voynov
Agreed.

Quote:
Not sure if the Kings could get away with swapping Voynov out for Martinez as he is the higher end prospect with the higher ceiling and someone the Devils will greatly value.
I think Voynov could be replaced by Martinez. Who the Devils value more is not important, we go with the lowest offer they'd still accept.

Quote:
On top of that, the Kings would have to add a top six forward and most likely a 1st round pick.
For unsigned Parise? I consider that to be nothing but a robbery. Why? Because...

Quote:
If Lamoriello knows that he will not be able to re-sign Parise
...of this. They'd move him if they knew they can't resign him. What does this say about Kings chances to resign him? There is no way I am giving Bernier, Martinez, top 6 forward and a first round pick for someone that I know will leave the club at the end of this season - and I don't care if it's Sidney MF Gretzky.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:24 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

If they want Bernier and Voynov, then I want Kovi's name mentioned not Parise.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:33 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
If they want Bernier and Voynov, then I want Kovi's name mentioned not Parise.
What the....you'd rather have Kovy than Parise?? Parise's left nut has more heart than three Kovalchuks.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
You can't be serious. Why in the world would we give up all that for a potential free agent? It's one thing if we can get an extension, but as a ufa, there's no way we give them anything close to what you're proposing.

Remember, DL didn't want to give up one of JJ, Simmonds or Brown for Kovi.
You have to pay to play. Parise is an elite level talent. For comparisons sake, observe the price of other premium forwards who were pending free agents.

Ilya Kovalchuk traded to New Jersey by Atlanta with Anssi Salmela and Atlanta's 2nd round choice (Jonathon Merrill) in 2010 Entry Draft for Johnny Oduya, Niclas Bergfors, Patrice Cormier and New Jersey's 1st (later traded to Chicago - Chicago selected Kevin Hayes) and 2nd (later traded to Chicago - Chicago selected Justin Holl) round choices in 2010 Entry Draft, February 4, 2010.

Marian Hossa traded to Pittsburgh by Atlanta with Pascal Dupuis for Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito and Pittsburgh's 1st round choice (Daulton Leveille) in 2008 Entry Draft, February 26, 2008.

The Kings would be getting the best player in the trade and have exclusive negotiating rights with Parise for the next eight months. If you can get a player like Parise for that package, you do it.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Um, Barry writes for Eklund's website.
But, if you read his blog it's not from Eklund. These two have the same sources. Which aren't very good ones.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:49 AM
Nex06

Quote:
You have to pay to play. Parise is an elite level talent...
... If you can get a player like Parise for that package, you do it.
The main question is what are the chances that player resigns with your club. The second important thing is the state of the club.

Quote:
Ilya Kovalchuk traded to New Jersey by Atlanta with Anssi Salmela and Atlanta's 2nd round choice (Jonathon Merrill) in 2010 Entry Draft for Johnny Oduya, Niclas Bergfors, Patrice Cormier and New Jersey's 1st (later traded to Chicago - Chicago selected Kevin Hayes) and 2nd (later traded to Chicago - Chicago selected Justin Holl) round choices in 2010 Entry Draft, February 4, 2010.
1. Lombardi correctly refused to pay one of our biggest trading assets for him.
2. What you are offering is imo more than what Devils payed.
3. Comparison is less valid because Devils intended to massively overpay for Kovalchuk, they were convinced they had good chances to keep him.

Quote:
Marian Hossa traded to Pittsburgh by Atlanta with Pascal Dupuis for Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito and Pittsburgh's 1st round choice (Daulton Leveille) in 2008 Entry Draft, February 26, 2008.
Oh, so we are the Cup contenders this season? Great, let's do it then. If we are NOT one of the top SC contenders, however, this would not be such a good idea. In other words, not a valid comparison again.

Quote:
The Kings would be getting the best player in the trade and have exclusive negotiating rights with Parise for the next eight months.
His agent couldn't care less about your exclusive rights. He will correctly advice his client to wait for UFA and he will have many great choices, different clubs, financial terms, cities, region... Why would Parise choose not to listen to his agent? Because he has "Kings" tattooed on a private body part?

Old
11-20-2011, 01:51 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
You have to pay to play. Parise is an elite level talent. For comparisons sake, observe the price of other premium forwards who were pending free agents.

The Kings would be getting the best player in the trade and have exclusive negotiating rights with Parise for the next eight months. If you can get a player like Parise for that package, you do it.
Hossa is the very reason why you don't do a deal like that. Luckily for the Pens, Dupuis has turned out to be the 2nd best player in the deal. For the record, Hossa only played 12 games and scored 10 points for the Pens.

There are GMs that will take risky moves, I'm just glad DL isn't one of them.

Edit: Hossa did have a good playoffs for the pens apparently.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:52 AM
damacles1156

Quote:

That's piss poor Management in my mind. Zach is going to stay on the East coast. He would simply listen to his agent (And leave July 1st). He will sign with an East coast team. Most likely the Devils.You do not trade a package like that for an UFA. You use a package like Ber/SLava/Pick for a winger that can pot 30, and is SIGNED on a deal your cap can handle.

People need to look at it this way. The Kings gave up ONE ROSTER player for Richards (not even a top six guy). Cause Brayden is injured again.

Last edited by damacles1156: 11-20-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Closed Thread