HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official GDT: 11/19 - CAR @ NYR

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2005, 03:49 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
At least I got to see it too and it wasn't a bad effort. In the third we were a bit shaky. I don't know how you blow a two man breakaway. Orts and Moore are great at what they do though. I thought Poti played well. And Weekes was solid. And I liked Strudwick taking on that big oaf Boulerice. He's a good team player. Hollweg was hitting. Ward and Betts played well. Prucha got a goal and threw some nice checks too. And the first line delivered.

Old
11-19-2005, 03:50 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
At least I got to see it too and it wasn't a bad effort. In the third we were a bit shaky. I don't know how you blow a two man breakaway. Orts and Moore are great at what they do though. I thought Poti played well. And Weekes was solid. And I liked Strudwick taking on that big oaf Boulerice. He's a good team player. Hollweg was hitting. Ward and Betts played well. Prucha got a goal and threw some nice checks too. And the first line delivered.
I think on the Orts/Moore breakaway the defensman just lifted Orts stick a little as the puck was coming back. Sam kept saying he missed and and didnt bring up his stick was lifted so im not 100% sure.

Old
11-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

A great effort through two periods. The Rangers looked tired at the end of the third period.

Weekes looked so/so today but he did make some decent saves. Poti and strudwick shouldn't be broken up for the rest of the season. Poti needs to play with somebody that stays back and that is strudwicks game.

Old
11-19-2005, 04:23 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
I think on the Orts/Moore breakaway the defensman just lifted Orts stick a little as the puck was coming back. Sam kept saying he missed and and didnt bring up his stick was lifted so im not 100% sure.
JD acknowledged on the replay that whoever was back for Carolina got a touch on Jed's stick just as he was getting ready to shoot.

Old
11-19-2005, 04:32 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishman3579
Hollweg looks like Bam Margera from Jackass.

Tom Renney looks like Doctor Drew from Loveline.

Kaspar looks like Vince Neil from Motley Crue

Old
11-19-2005, 05:03 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494
JD acknowledged on the replay that whoever was back for Carolina got a touch on Jed's stick just as he was getting ready to shoot.

Ah alright, I had the game on Tivo and was fast forwarding on some on the replays.

Old
11-19-2005, 06:25 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Jagr made some absolutely sick passes today. And it was nice to see Strudwick back in the lineup. And the Rangers back in 1st place!

Old
11-19-2005, 07:10 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
jagr/nylander played real nice today. some of jagr's passes were just awesome. good stuff

Old
11-19-2005, 07:12 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Nice distribution of icetime for the forward lines:

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...6/ES020296.HTM

good catch ...Renney is doing a good job of keeping everyone involved.....it also keeps everyone fresh .

Old
11-19-2005, 07:16 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Yes you and 61494 are right. They showed it on replay right afterwards. Still at the time I couldn't believe it. And I really like to see these guys score especially Orts who doesn't get that many but who works so hard.

Old
11-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Fletch

Strudwick played well...

was surprised that Carolina's speed didn't get to him, but the Rangers came out flying and controlled the play for a good portion of the game, or at least while Poti and Strudwick were out there, as Malik was beat on many occasions today and took three penalties as a result of being beat.

The ice distribution was good - unfortunately it hasn't been throughout the season - being up 4-1 was a reason for it, I imagine.

Old
11-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Fletch

Top line the reason this team won?

I thought it was the power plays, and those power plays seemed to be earned by lines other than the top line, for the most part. I thought Betts' and Moore's lines looked good today. Rucchin's didn't seem to busy today, and the PP worked, although it was mostly the same 'ol boring PP, with the same set-up, and the same guys not taking shots - even though it seemed as though a point shot was the best option.

Prucha seemed to be the most physical player out there too, and his physical play generated a few turnovers. He also took some tough shots - but I like the fact that he doesn't choke before getting hit and will still make the play if there is a play to be made. Glad to see him bounce back because I thought he struggled a bit the last two games.

Old
11-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Prucha seemed to be the most physical player out there too, and his physical play generated a few turnovers. He also took some tough shots - but I like the fact that he doesn't choke before getting hit and will still make the play if there is a play to be made. Glad to see him bounce back because I thought he struggled a bit the last two games.
Prucha is the man. I was at the game and he just impressed me soo much. He had that nice goal of course. But I saw him get whacked, hit hard, and just battered. But he got right back up. There was a play where he got hit in the face and I just followed him in his trip all the way to the bench. He was in a lot of pain but never missed a shift. At one point, someone threw a thunderous check and I looked up expecting Hollweg or Ortmeyer, but it was PRUCHA!! I was happy, the guy just competes.

Who was on the receiving end of Ward's hit, the one where Ward injured his hand? Was it Prucha or someone else?

Old
11-19-2005, 09:19 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Prucha is the man. I was at the game and he just impressed me soo much. He had that nice goal of course. But I saw him get whacked, hit hard, and just battered. But he got right back up. There was a play where he got hit in the face and I just followed him in his trip all the way to the bench. He was in a lot of pain but never missed a shift. At one point, someone threw a thunderous check and I looked up expecting Hollweg or Ortmeyer, but it was PRUCHA!! I was happy, the guy just competes.

Who was on the receiving end of Ward's hit, the one where Ward injured his hand? Was it Prucha or someone else?
Aaron Ward hit Prucha and Ward injured his hand.

Old
11-20-2005, 12:32 AM
BigE

Wow. Afternoon games sure do bring a crowd to the GDT thread.

A couple of spectacular saves from Weekes tonight!

Prucha was much more physical tonight. The Ward hit was tough, but he made a point of getting up immediately, and he deserves credit for that also.

Not a superb final 20, but we'll take it and hopefully learn from it. That killer instinct still needs some work. Keep the pressure on, don't change a damn thing, and certainly don't sit back.

Old
11-20-2005, 01:06 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
JD mentioned it.

Old
11-20-2005, 01:42 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494
Goalieglut, that last play of the game is why you play Ortmeyer outside of the PK
Well I thought of my post when he did that at the end. Still he didn't have to score. Offensively he's terrible. Realy frustrating when he gets a chance and blows it. However, his stick was lifted so it wasn't all him sucking.

Old
11-20-2005, 06:34 AM
eco's bones

I agree with the comments on Prucha. He might be scrawny but we've found out that he can take a hit and pop right back up--that he can give a decent hit--that he will block shots and he's got skills galore. This is more or less the type of player that Lundmark should have/could have been. We've got ourselves a real player here.

Old
11-20-2005, 07:27 AM
phishman3579

Send a message via ICQ to phishman3579 Send a message via AIM to phishman3579 Send a message via Yahoo to phishman3579
Funny Jagr Quote

Jagr set up Martin Straka, Petr Prucha and Michal Rozsival, and nearly set up defenseman Marek Malik in the third period, but Malik fanned on the shot. "I tried to set up all the Czechs," Jagr grinned. "But that one (Malik)'s a tough one. I don't think Wayne Gretzky could do it."

http://www.nj.com/rangers/ledger/ind...120.xml&coll=1

Old
11-20-2005, 08:48 AM
Fletch

With Prucha...

it's more than bouncing back. That's impressive to me, but perhaps if he's bigger, he doesn't fall down, so compared to others, it's not that impressive. What is impressive is that he doesn't puke up the puck when a guy's bearing down on him. He'll wait to the last possible second to see if he can make a play before getting hit - and he will get hit every time. He's going to have to learn how to much the puck forward AND sneak away from the check - but at least he is moving the puck forward, and if he's not going in alone, a Ranger should have a chance to get it, and with Prucha not missing a beat, will be helpful.

It is a shame that this team's most physical player weighs about 175 pounds. This kid has the right attitude. If Lundmark had Prucha's heart and determination, he'd be a top liner. But, he doesn't.

Old
11-20-2005, 10:53 AM
BigE

Quote:
It is a shame that this team's most physical player weighs about 175 pounds. This kid has the right attitude. If Lundmark had Prucha's heart and determination, he'd be a top liner. But, he doesn't.
Hollweg is 215lbs, I believe.

Ortmeyer had a great game last night too, on the physical level as well.

Old
11-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
about MSG Network's inability to run its programming right. This is the 3rd time that the end of a game has been lost. I just emails to both the NYRs and MSG on the subject of losing their feeds at the end of the games. They need to stop the automatic switching of programs without a friggin engineer monitoring what is going on.
All I can say is MSG. We in Sweden had the FOX feed. They really suck.

Quote:
it's more than bouncing back. That's impressive to me, but perhaps if he's bigger, he doesn't fall down, so compared to others, it's not that impressive. What is impressive is that he doesn't puke up the puck when a guy's bearing down on him. He'll wait to the last possible second to see if he can make a play before getting hit - and he will get hit every time. He's going to have to learn how to much the puck forward AND sneak away from the check - but at least he is moving the puck forward, and if he's not going in alone, a Ranger should have a chance to get it, and with Prucha not missing a beat, will be helpful.
Prucha takes allot of hits, but they are almost always against the boards and he makes the D work hard just to catch him. From a injury point of view open ice hits are much more dangerous.

Old
11-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
Ortmeyer had a great game last night too, on the physical level as well.
Just make him the captain right away. Can't think of a better rolemodel for a young guy who comes to NY.

Last edited by Ola: 11-20-2005 at 11:14 AM.
Old
11-20-2005, 11:14 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishman3579
Jagr set up Martin Straka, Petr Prucha and Michal Rozsival, and nearly set up defenseman Marek Malik in the third period, but Malik fanned on the shot. "I tried to set up all the Czechs," Jagr grinned. "But that one (Malik)'s a tough one. I don't think Wayne Gretzky could do it."

http://www.nj.com/rangers/ledger/ind...120.xml&coll=1

Closed Thread