HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dubinsky and Anisimov...

Old
11-19-2011, 09:29 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Dubinsky and Anisimov...

Dubinsky - his worst start/streak as a nyr. not a good sign after a 4y/4m contract. Oh sure he'll break out at some point (i guess) and start scoring, but i'm sure he'll hit the skids again during the season.

I'm not liking what i'm seeing with this him. he's overvalued himself and he can't find his game consistently.

Anisimov - apart from the brilliant flashes that appear all too infrequently, i can't determine what kind of player this kid is.
I hardly notice anything he does on the ice.

The first is an overpaid 50-60p player. the second a 50p.
Two players i wouldn't hesisate to move in trade for a proven scorer.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 09:41 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I have them both in my Nash trade.

Unfortunately.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Doesn't Anisimov lead the team in assists IIRC?

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I'm not going to list either as untradeable, I think to do so would be ridiculous under any circumstances.

But Anisimov has 10 points in 17 games as a (in my mind) very solid defensive forward. He doesnt make a ridiculous amount of money, so his goal scoring is not a major concern of mine.

Dubinsky, we all know, is streaky. Maybe he has a down year. Doesn't necessarily mean we will trade him.

11-19-2011, 09:46 PM
ecemleafs

***** about these players all u want but ull be ****ing having a meltdown when we are paying rick nash 7.8 per to put up 65 points.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 09:48 PM
bluecollarblueshirt*

*cue trade thread for lose to habs**

dubinsky is off to a rough start, dont know what the deal is with him especially because his has richards at the center so what gives?

Anisimov needs to be able to play his solid defensive game but he needs to be able to put points on the board. he needs to free up his game a little more and take more chances

bluecollarblueshirt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
***** about these players all u want but ull be ****ing having a meltdown when we are paying rick nash 7.8 per to put up 65 points.
This. Rick Nash isn't that ****ing good.

Old
11-19-2011, 10:16 PM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
This. Rick Nash isn't that ****ing good.
Rick Nash isn't that good on a Columbus team that has been horrible since... well forever. Imagine what he could do on a real team.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 10:19 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
Rick Nash isn't that good on a Columbus team that has been horrible since... well forever. Imagine what he could do on a real team.
Ilya Kovalchuk had 7 straight 40 goal seasons playing with a terrible team.

Nash, simply put, is not as good as people want him to be. He's one of my favorite players, but the accolades for a player who has done so little is ridiculous. 2 70 point seasons? Yeah, not that great. He's a good first line forward, and up to this point, that's about it, sans 2 seasons in his career.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
We're a real team now because we won a few games?

Old
11-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
We're a real team now because we won a few games?
We are a whole lot more real than Columbus is or has been for quite some time.

Does anybody remember their last postseason appearance? Rangers have gone 5 of 6 years since the lockout.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post

Does anybody remember their last postseason appearance? Rangers have gone 5 of 6 years since the lockout.
Sure but how real would we be if we gave up all our depth for Rick Nash? Dubinsky has been down and Anismov isn't scoring goals. That doesn't mean I'm willing to sell these guys for one overpaid player. That's the old way.

Old
11-19-2011, 10:23 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:

Apparently one game changes that.

Really, it was one game. Was it a terrible, horrendous, ass of a performance? Absolutely; but what team doesn't have these type of games once in a while? It really isn't even that big of a deal, given this team's recent history of play in the Belle Centre.

Dubinsky has struggled, but he has at least been involved in plays. He has 7 points in his last 8 games and had a really solid game tonight, was probably the team's most effective forward (although that isn't saying much). Anisimov leads the team in assists.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Sure but how real would we be if we gave up all our depth for Rick Nash?
Well I agree with that, but Pittsburgh is a team that for a long time didn't have much "depth" if Depth is 50 point players on the 3rd line.

Would I trade a guy like Stepan for Nash? Not at the moment. But if a deal like Wolski+Dubinsky somehow fell into our laps I absolutely would say yes.

But with a disclaimer that I dont believe CBJ will trade Nash, and I think it would take too much to get him.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

My thing is we don't even need the payroll of a Rick Nash when a player a notch below Nash would give us plenty of scoring. Even normal Dubinsky would be enough to get where we need to be offensively.

Old
11-19-2011, 10:35 PM
bluecollarblueshirt*

I wouldn't trade for nash, carter different story he has a manageable cap hit and is signed for the next 10 years (or 11?) But i don't think we should all be rushing to trade players that pretty much ran the teams offense last year because they're having a little trouble. Although i do see a trade coming at some point for a scorer if we can't find someone to click with richie.

Old
11-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollarblueshirt View Post
I wouldn't trade for nash, carter different story he has a manageable cap hit and is signed for the next 10 years (or 11?) But i don't think we should all be rushing to trade players that pretty much ran the teams offense last year because they're having a little trouble. Although i do see a trade coming at some point for a scorer if we can't find someone to click with richie.
**** Carter

Old
11-19-2011, 10:39 PM
bluecollarblueshirt*

Quote:
**** Carter
your opinion i wouldn't mind having him on the team. proven consistent scorer. He wouldn't have to say anything in the locker room. cally and the rest would take care of that so im sure he wouldn't effect them in there

Old
11-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Vitto79

soooo why does someone always feel like over reacting when this team loses one freaking game?

Yes Dubi and AA have 1 goal each and that blows, team is doing well.........take a breathe

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 10:57 PM
The Mouth

typical reactionary after a loss. it never ends. even after a 7 game winning streak

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Dubinsky - his worst start/streak as a nyr. not a good sign after a 4y/4m contract. Oh sure he'll break out at some point (i guess) and start scoring, but i'm sure he'll hit the skids again during the season.

I'm not liking what i'm seeing with this him. he's overvalued himself and he can't find his game consistently.

Anisimov - apart from the brilliant flashes that appear all too infrequently, i can't determine what kind of player this kid is.
I hardly notice anything he does on the ice.

The first is an overpaid 50-60p player. the second a 50p.
Two players i wouldn't hesisate to move in trade for a proven scorer.
Agree. Dubi has skill but has a ten cents brain while Anni is just yet another russian enigma. If Jeff Carter is available from Colombus, package them off for him and while we're at it, get MDZ the **** off this team, he sucks!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:18 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
I love how people think that guys will switch teams and be better because the team is better in the standings. It does not work that way, its all about chemistry, ice time just look at Kovalckuk.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:19 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollarblueshirt View Post
*cue trade thread for lose to habs**

dubinsky is off to a rough start, dont know what the deal is with him especially because his has richards at the center so what gives?

Anisimov needs to be able to play his solid defensive game but he needs to be able to put points on the board. he needs to free up his game a little more and take more chances
maybe richards hasent been as good as hes points indicate. Ever think of that no of course not.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:01 AM
adam94
BU Terriers

Quote:

But Anisimov has 10 points in 17 games as a (in my mind) very solid defensive forward. He doesnt make a ridiculous amount of money, so his goal scoring is not a major concern of mine.

Dubinsky, we all know, is streaky.
Agreed on both of those points.

Anisimov hasn't been terrible, a few more goals would be nice but I still think he's valuable to the team. Dubinsky is off to a slow start but I'm confident he'll heat up soon and rack up some points, which will only accelerate the offense even more.

Not really interested in spending millions of dollars on guys like Nash who are certainly improvements but not worth the extra cash. We can fill the void more frugally. No need to make changes just because the streak came to an end, it hurt a little bit to watch but it definitely doesn't justify dumping key players.

adam94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:04 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post

He's got to go for picks to make room for Parise anyways

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote