HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Isles' Fans Venting Thread: "Somebody hit somebody!"

Old
11-16-2011, 07:41 PM
BossyMVP
GO SABRES GO!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanperro View Post

You are a factory of sadness!

That is all.
That is awesome! That guy wraps up all my emotions in a minute clip.

BossyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Trumanperro

Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossyMVP View Post
That is awesome! That guy wraps up all my emotions in a minute clip.
The simalarities are amazing. At least it comforting to know that someone, somewhere is going through a similar situation, because I don't think this can get any worse.

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:05 PM
IslesFanGDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ MAC View Post
Yes. I'm a Cleveland Browns fan. I say this stuff every Sunday...lol
I have you all beat...Isles/Orioles/Colts/Penn State(scandal part) fan.....sigh....

IslesFanGDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Knish Of The Crease

Quote:

You are a factory of sadness!

That is all.
Yep.
I had Browns season tickets in my family for 50 years. Had them in my possession for 6 before moving to Vegas. I was fortunate enough to become an Isles fan in '79 at age 3 so I witnessed some cups. Browns still crush me every week.

Knish Of The Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:31 AM
leaponover

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanGDL View Post
I have you all beat...Isles/Orioles/Colts/Penn State(scandal part) fan.....sigh....
Colts aren't a good example, they've been decent in years past they just don't have their QB this year.

I feel your pain on the Orioles though!

leaponover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Trumanperro

How we all feel. Man Browns fans and us are like sister fanbases. HAHAHA.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:55 PM
startainfection

3 games under 500 with the least amount of games played in the east, if they go on a 4 game winning streak they are 500 if they go on a 6 game winning streak they are back in the play off picture

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:00 PM
JetsMetsIsles

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
3 games under 500 with the least amount of games played in the east, if they go on a 4 game winning streak they are 500 if they go on a 6 game winning streak they are back in the play off picture
Asking for a 4 or a 6 game winning streak is asking for a lot.

JetsMetsIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:05 PM
KyleBailey12

Mike Mottau

KyleBailey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Isles Fan

Quote:
The simalarities are amazing. At least it comforting to know that someone, somewhere is going through a similar situation, because I don't think this can get any worse.
So upset you can't even spell FACTORY correct.

Yes, it's that bad.

Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:36 PM
VAIsles
Mickey Mouse FO Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
Love your optimism... But there is no chance in <blank> that this team makes or gets back into the playoff race... 8pts. out already with what six/seven teams ahead of us... Montreal was uninterested and were playing back to back and we almost blew another 3-0 lead... Not trying to pour cold water on the parade... I believe we go back to losing tomorrow night...

VAIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:56 PM
OlTimeHockey

The team played much, much better. If they improve more, we have a chance at the playoffs. Period. We just need to make a serious run to get back into it. No biggie.

Comeau starts scoring, Moulson stops playing like a girl and Grabner gets his breaks earlier and we're in it.

OlTimeHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Trumanperro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Fan View Post
So upset you can't even spell FACTORY correct.

Yes, it's that bad.
Thank you!

Old
11-19-2011, 11:46 PM
desperado462

Just A Lifelong Fans Opinion

First off...does anyone think getting rid of Konopka was a bad move? I mean I know he wasn't a scorer but he seemed to be a leader, especially to the younger guys..you've heard that from every team he has ever played for..Martin loved him and he was a good voice in the locker room and would do anything to not let his team get embarrassed not to mention a good pk/face off guy..(mod edit)

now, I am not looking to upset anyone, nor get into a heated debate..this is just my opinion.. I am as frustrated as all of you..have been a fan since the teams first season..moved away from the Island in early 90's and still follow the team (I get MSG)...the thing is in tonights game I can fault the players for lack of effort BUT, I also have to realize something..with the exception of Tavares, maybe Grabner and Moulson (if he plays like last year) NO ONE on this team would be a top 2 line player on any other team..in fact alot would struggle to be a 3rd liner and most would be in the AHL...so I can't fault these players when they are trying and lose..and in alot of these losses the players were probably doing their best but, lets face it, they just arent good enough..most of these guys could help other teams as role players, but here they are expected to be the CORE of this team..(mod edit)

with the exception of Streit most of the D would be a 5 or 6 or even 7th d-man on most teams..and goaltending, well, I will let that speak for itself..we have 3 backups as potential starters all the time..(mod edit)

its a shame that I feel the same need to bash the players game in and game out as a lot of us do..but I am now starting to feel like they may be giving us all they have most nights (no NOT tonight vs. Boston) and its just never going to be good enough...(mod edit)

remember, the 72 Islanders team was a bunch of cast offs and misfits that no other team wanted and they were truly awful..and look what developed through drafts and seemingly small trades..(mod edit)

unfortunately we now are in an age where free agency is the big thing and money is now the true factor, not allegiance, so we may never see that again on the Island or anywhere for that matter..(mod edit)

I don't think Capuano should be fired..remember last season? Everyone here was yelling "sign him"..and then again look at his team..they were tough and had some vocal guys...the scorers felt protected and therefore played with more of an edge...(mod edit)

Matt Martin, who is the definition of heart to me right now, CANNOT be the only guy on the team looking to try to motivate these guys...where is Haley? Gillies? ANYONE with a little edge or the ability to try to open up the ice a little..not just fight....are they really worse than any 3rd or 4th liner now? (mod edit)

If Mr. Wang is really just playing out his time here because he isn't getting what he wants, but he REALLY would like to keep the team here I would think that MAYBE he should throw all his eggs in one basket, see if he could get some decent players here even if its big big money, put a good team on the ice, get the fans back to the building (I think its AWFUL for the players to have more opposing fans in their building than their own..I actually can't tell when the Isles are home until the goal horn goes off if and when they score! But again I can't blame people for not filling the building) and maybe then he would have a leg to stand on, with full support from many people, to get his new building..as for now, with the exception of the few of us left who remember, and still cling to, the glory days, and judging from a lot of posts on boards all over the internet, not many people, I fear, would care if they left...

(Mod note - I really don't mean to be the grammar police or anything. But that's really tough to read without paragraphs. This also should have gone in another thread, I'll move it there now)

Last edited by Isles Junkie: 11-20-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: just cleaning this up so people will read it
desperado462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:52 PM
cheesemonkey619

I said it when they didn't re-sign him, he always added some energy to the team when they were down and would drop the gloves when the other team was runnng our guys.

cheesemonkey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 11:59 PM
majormet

I am a fan since inception as well the 1972 team was an expansion team with no free agency so they had a very good excuse.

I do not believe the talentless Konopka was a factor. Remember he was on the team during the 20 game losing streak too, so he was part of the problem at one time as well.

The biggest things plaguing this team right now are:

1) Disappearance of Comeau and Okposo both would be top 6 forwards on most teams in the league. Comeau needs proper coaching and Okposo has to be injury recovery issues

2) AHL coach who basically runs the team from an XBOX just making line switches.

3) They only have 3 legitimate top 5 dmen on the team with MacDonald, Hamonic and Streit. Staios, Eaton, Jurcina are 6/7's and Mottau is a beer league guy.

4) Veterans that were brought in were not impact vets, all players that are 5 years plus past their peak seasons. These are not Lidstrom/Hejduk type vets. None of these guys would find a spot on a playoff team. Staios (last team was Calgary, who stink), Reasoner (last team was the 30th ranked Panthers), Rolston (odd man out on the playoff missing Devils), Pandolfo (played in the AHL last season).

5) Three goalies who can't hold Roloson's jock, although Montoya should just get a shot to be the #1.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:03 AM
stranger34

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado462 View Post
First off...does anyone think getting rid of Konopka was a bad move? I mean I know he wasn't a scorer but he seemed to be a leader, especially to the younger guys..you've heard that from every team he has ever played for..Martin loved him and he was a good voice in the locker room and would do anything to not let his team get embarrassed not to mention a good pk/face off guy..now, I am not looking to upset anyone, nor get into a heated debate..this is just my opinion.. I am as frustrated as all of you..have been a fan since the teams first season..moved away from the Island in early 90's and still follow the team (I get MSG)...the thing is in tonights game I can fault the players for lack of effort BUT, I also have to realize something..with the exception of Tavares, maybe Grabner and Moulson (if he plays like last year) NO ONE on this team would be a top 2 line player on any other team..in fact alot would struggle to be a 3rd liner and most would be in the AHL...so I can't fault these players when they are trying and lose..and in alot of these losses the players were probably doing their best but, lets face it, they just arent good enough..most of these guys could help other teams as role players, but here they are expected to be the CORE of this team..with the exception of Streit most of the D would be a 5 or 6 or even 7th d-man on most teams..and goaltending, well, I will let that speak for itself..we have 3 backups as potential starters all the time..its a shame that I feel the same need to bash the players game in and game out as a lot of us do..but I am now starting to feel like they may be giving us all they have most nights (no NOT tonight vs. Boston) and its just never going to be good enough...remember, the 72 Islanders team was a bunch of cast offs and misfits that no other team wanted and they were truly awful..and look what developed through drafts and seemingly small trades..unfortunately we now are in an age where free agency is the big thing and money is now the true factor, not allegiance, so we may never see that again on the Island or anywhere for that matter..I don't think Capuano should be fired..remember last season? Everyone here was yelling "sign him"..and then again look at his team..they were tough and had some vocal guys...the scorers felt protected and therefore played with more of an edge...Matt Martin, who is the definition of heart to me right now, CANNOT be the only guy on the team looking to try to motivate these guys...where is Haley? Gillies? ANYONE with a little edge or the ability to try to open up the ice a little..not just fight....are they really worse than any 3rd or 4th liner now? If Mr. Wang is really just playing out his time here because he isn't getting what he wants, but he REALLY would like to keep the team here I would think that MAYBE he should throw all his eggs in one basket, see if he could get some decent players here even if its big big money, put a good team on the ice, get the fans back to the building (I think its AWFUL for the players to have more opposing fans in their building than their own..I actually can't tell when the Isles are home until the goal horn goes off if and when they score! But again I can't blame people for not filling the building) and maybe then he would have a leg to stand on, with full support from many people, to get his new building..as for now, with the exception of the few of us left who remember, and still cling to, the glory days, and judging from a lot of posts on boards all over the internet, not many people, I fear, would care if they left...
BINGO!

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:03 AM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post
I am a fan since inception as well the 1972 team was an expansion team with no free agency so they had a very good excuse.

I do not believe the talentless Konopka was a factor. Remember he was on the team during the 20 game losing streak too, so he was part of the problem at one time as well.

1) Disappearance of Comeau and Okposo both would be top 6 forwards on most teams in the league. Comeau needs proper coaching and Okposo has to be injury recovery issues

2) AHL coach who basically runs the team from an XBOX just making line switches.

3) They only have 3 legitimate top 5 dmen on the team with MacDonald, Hamonic and Streit. Staios, Eaton, Jurcina are 6/7's and Mottau is a beer league guy.

4) Veterans that were brought in were not impact vets, all players that are 5 years plus past their peak seasons. These are not Lidstrom/Hejduk type vets. None of these guys would find a spot on a playoff team. Staios (last team was Calgary, who stink), Reasoner (last team was the 30th ranked Panthers), Rolston (odd man out on the playoff missing Devils), Pandolfo (played in the AHL last season).

5) Three goalies who can't hold Roloson's jock, although Montoya should just get a shot to be the #1.
Pretty much nailed it.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
The Owner Must Go

Things will never get better until he leaves. Do not care about anything else, and yes, I take the chance they move. He is killing this team more than anyone who would move them out of state would.

So screw him.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:13 AM
islandermike

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormet View Post

The time has come for a trade to push the rebuild along, i don't know if Wang will do it but the time is now.

islandermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:16 AM
PALMETTO BREEZE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
Things will never get better until he leaves. Do not care about anything else, and yes, I take the chance they move. He is killing this team more than anyone who would move them out of state would.

So screw him.
Right let's go get Spano, or Milstein, or Gluckstern..The owner wants to spend but no players want to come until a resolution is found on whether the team is staying on the Island. We'll have to overpay by a good extra million a year to have a player forget his sense and sign with us not knowing where were going to be a 4 years from now...Erhoff at 7 million a year, YAY

PALMETTO BREEZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:17 AM
majormet

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermike View Post
The time has come for a trade to push the rebuild along, i don't know if Wang will do it but the time is now.
The only player I would trade marketable assets for is Rick Nash at this point for JT's sake. The season is gone, one player probably will not make a difference, as long as Cappy coaches this team. I think the Isles would loses a 7 game series to the Sound Tigers.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALMETTO BREEZE View Post
Right let's go get Spano, or Milstein, or Gluckstern..The owner wants to spend but no players want to come until a resolution is found on whether the team is staying on the Island. We'll have to overpay by a good extra million a year to have a player forget his sense and sign with us not knowing where were going to be a 4 years from now...Erhoff at 7 million a year, YAY
This is just wrong. There is a reason this club magically finds itself at the bottom of payroll every year. Give me a break.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Icedemon

Nail Yakupov

Is it safe to say the Fail For Nail campaign is officially on now. Cause this team seems like they are just mailing it in, and we have the worst offense in the league. Tavares needs talent to work with, and this team has about as much talent as an ECHL team.

Icedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Isles Junkie

If you want to vent, use the thread for Venting

If you want to talk draft, use the thread for the draft.

This is both, but more venting so that's where I'm putting it.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote