HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Old
11-15-2011, 12:24 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
For anyone spending a few days in Nashville, my wfe and I highly reccommend the Nash Trash tour. But you need to book your reservation very early as they sell out quick!
What exactly is that? I've never heard of it.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 04:00 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
http://www.nashtrash.com/index.html It's a comedy tour of Nashville with the Jugg sisters on The Big Pink Bus.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Otto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
http://www.nashtrash.com/index.html It's a comedy tour of Nashville with the Jugg sisters on The Big Pink Bus.
They had us in tears from start to finish!

Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 06:53 AM
tonyin318

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
PRICELINE
Downtown-Vanderbilt-Metroventer: , if you bid $70 on a 3 star hotel, you get a MUCH nicer hotel for not much more money. On the 3 star downtown Nashville, you probably get something liek the Hilton Garden Inn Vanderbilt, Holiday Inn Express Downtown, indigo West Vanderbilt, Doubletree Downtown, Indigo Downtown, etc. Hope that helps!
Hey BroFist,
I never used priceline, but I shrugged my shoulders and gave it a shot. Bid $60 on 3 star and got Millenium Maxwell House Nashville. Total ended up at $79 for one night. (Tonight).

I hope that place is ok for me and my 15 yr old daughter. Anybody have any insight?

Would've loved walking distance, but I'm hoping to make several trips there this year and may as well start now try to figure out the best way to reasonably cut costs.

We'll be at the game saturday too, but we're thinking about heading to Memphis Friday and Friday night. Playing that one by ear.

tonyin318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 07:02 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyin318 View Post
Hey BroFist,
I never used priceline, but I shrugged my shoulders and gave it a shot. Bid $60 on 3 star and got Millenium Maxwell House Nashville. Total ended up at $79 for one night. (Tonight).

I hope that place is ok for me and my 15 yr old daughter. Anybody have any insight?

Would've loved walking distance, but I'm hoping to make several trips there this year and may as well start now try to figure out the best way to reasonably cut costs.

We'll be at the game saturday too, but we're thinking about heading to Memphis Friday and Friday night. Playing that one by ear.
I don't have any insight on that hotel but you really don't have to be within walking distance. There are parking lots everywhere within a 10 min walk. Have fun

Old
11-17-2011, 09:12 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Hey BroFist,

it's not downtown. i've heard their shuttle service is iffy, so i wouldn't use it.

it is fine for one night, but it's not a place to let a 15 year old girl wander anywhere by herself. I wouldn't wander anywhere outside the hotel, except straight to the car.

it will be fine, but just that. unless it has changed.

you'll be fine. just be aware.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:24 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
it's not downtown. i've heard their shuttle service is iffy, so i wouldn't use it.

it is fine for one night, but it's not a place to let a 15 year old girl wander anywhere by herself. I wouldn't wander anywhere outside the hotel, except straight to the car.

it will be fine, but just that. unless it has changed.

you'll be fine. just be aware.
and thats what I hate about priceline... the quoted rate for the MMH online is $69.. you dont usually save that much and its such a crapshoot where you end up

that said, getting a decent room that is truly downtown will cost at least twice that much. (I stay at the hampton because I have Hilton Honors and when I dont use points its about 129 a night plus taxes and they charge for parking now...)

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:33 AM
tonyin318

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
and thats what I hate about priceline... the quoted rate for the MMH online is $69.. you dont usually save that much and its such a crapshoot where you end up

that said, getting a decent room that is truly downtown will cost at least twice that much. (I stay at the hampton because I have Hilton Honors and when I dont use points its about 129 a night plus taxes and they charge for parking now...)
We'll see how it goes.... I checked online this morning just to see and the total for the room would've been $120ish......saved about 40 bucks. Oh and saved about $100 minimum over downtown hotels (I think)

We're going to Memphis friday and back to Smashville Saturday......no Saturday room yet ......may try priceline again depending on how it goes tonight. Playing it "by ear"

Looking forward to my first (two) live games as a full fledged Predator Fan! 201 tonight, 108 Saturday.

Tony

Old
11-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
We'll see how it goes.... I checked online this morning just to see and the total for the room would've been $120ish......saved about 40 bucks. Oh and saved about $100 minimum over downtown hotels (I think)

We're going to Memphis friday and back to Smashville Saturday......no Saturday room yet ......may try priceline again depending on how it goes tonight. Playing it "by ear"

Looking forward to my first (two) live games as a full fledged Predator Fan! 201 tonight, 108 Saturday.

Tony
You might get some good deals over in the Donelson area--it's near the airport. Anything on Elm Hill Pike, Donelson Pike, Royal Parkway or Briley Parkway around I-40 will be good--and if you get around I-40 and Donelson Pike there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:21 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 670
Can anyone recommend a place to eat before the game? I'm from the eastern part of Tennessee and haven't been to Nashville in almost 40 years.

And as for post-game; any recommendation for places to catch a live band near the arena?

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:26 PM
tonyin318

Back from the game. MHH is fine.
frosty-1 Preds win!
I like it I love it I want some more of it.

Old
11-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Can anyone recommend a place to eat before the game? I'm from the eastern part of Tennessee and haven't been to Nashville in almost 40 years.

And as for post-game; any recommendation for places to catch a live band near the arena?
Just walk out the front door of the arena and turn right. You'll have plenty of options for both. Broadway is full of little honky tonks and restaurants ranging from hole in the wall to full service sit down facilities.

Old
11-19-2011, 12:43 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Back from the game. MHH is fine.
frosty-1 Preds win!
I like it I love it I want some more of it.
How was your first game? A win always helps.

Old
11-20-2011, 12:35 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 670
I just want to drop by to give props to the Predators. That was without exception the best hockey barn I have ever visited. The fans & staff were exceptional to us. But the game experience was incredible. The fans were the loudest, had great chants. Great atmosphere. Nashville completely blows away the Columbus game ops experience.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 02:15 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Just a little map with some downtown hotels and where they are to the arena....and the Shelby bridge.

(click for bigger picture)
downtown map of hotels.jpg

Blue dot = Bridgestone Arena
Red dots = Hotels
Green dot = Shelby pedestrian bridge you can park by and walk over or take a shuttle from the lot

1. Hilton - directly across the street (5th Ave)
2. Renaissance - Commerce/7th Ave
3. Holiday Inn Express - Broadway/10th Ave.
4. Hampton Inn - 4th Ave. S. and Korean Veterans Blvd.
5. Hermitage Hotel - 6th Ave / Union St.
6. Courtyard Marriot - 4th/Church
7. Doubletree - 4th Ave between Union/Deaderick Sts.
8. Hotel Indigo - Union St. / 3rd Ave.
9. Sheraton Hotel - 7th Ave / Union St.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:23 AM
tonyin318

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
How was your first game? A win always helps.
I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
I just want to drop by to give props to the Predators. That was without exception the best hockey barn I have ever visited. The fans & staff were exceptional to us. But the game experience was incredible. The fans were the loudest, had great chants. Great atmosphere. .............

Agreed....

I couldn't help but compare it to Atlanta. Made me realize even more how much the owners and management flushed hockey in Atlanta down the toilet. We could have had that, but the management wasn't smart enough or didn't care enough to make Hockey Fever grow like it has in Nashville. "That's all I got to say about that"

I'm a Preds fan now

Old
11-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
I couldn't help but compare it to Atlanta. Made me realize even more how much the owners and management flushed hockey in Atlanta down the toilet. We could have had that, but the management wasn't smart enough or didn't care enough to make Hockey Fever grow like it has in Nashville. "That's all I got to say about that"

I'm a Preds fan now
I've been to games in five buildings: Nashville, St. Louis, Florida, Anaheim, LA.

Nashville blows them all away. I realize they aren't cities way up north but whatever. In their defense, St. Louis was never in the game against us so that didn't help. I saw a lot of games in Florida and their crowds aren't always as bad as people might think....at least against an intriguing opponent...., Anaheim is really boring. I went to Game 2 in the Nashville/Anaheim series last year and it was "loud" but only because it was a playoff game, and it still wasn't even all that loud anyway. Their regular season games I've been to are weak. LA is pretty decent and can get lively. Nashville is the best though and I'm proud to hear any compliments we get about the fans and atmosphere. I think a lot of people are starting to realize Nashville's legitimacy as, if not a hockey town, an exciting place to watch a game or 30.

Last edited by Drake744: 11-22-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:52 AM
PhoneGuy

I just made a comment about this is another thread, but thought I'd post it here as well - anyone else who sits in the lower bowl hate the new glass?? My wife and I sit in section 118 JJ, and when play goes down to the other end of the ice, the view through the glass gets so distorted we can't see anything and have to rely on the megatron to see what's going on. We're probably going to change our seats next year because of it.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
I just made a comment about this is another thread, but thought I'd post it here as well - anyone else who sits in the lower bowl hate the new glass?? My wife and I sit in section 118 JJ, and when play goes down to the other end of the ice, the view through the glass gets so distorted we can't see anything and have to rely on the megatron to see what's going on. We're probably going to change our seats next year because of it.
the consequence of the "new glass" ... did the Preds/NHL research everything wrt the new glass ... as is there a way to not get the "fun house" effect when looking through it?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
I had to change from my seats because of the OLD glass. It was terribly distorted in 104. I'm sitting in 315 now and it's a great view. Might as well be club level as far as the distance and sight lines and I have never noticed the glass nor the netting there. The goal horn is loud, though. There's always a trade off.

Old
11-30-2011, 09:23 PM
diehardbluesfan

Blues fan here.

Me and a couple buddies are coming down for the December 17th game and I was wondering some places to eat. Not looking for anything fancy, but want something decent as were all college students.

Right now we are looking to book the Radisson by the Airport which is $67 a night plus taxes which is a pretty good deal from what I could find. I was hoping to stay downtown within walking distance but those hotels are pretty expensive. I've looked on hotels.com and hotwire.com, any other hotel sites that you guys prefer? Figured most of the sites are the same prices.

Any places that you guys would recommend to check out would be appreciated as well. Were coming in that Friday afternoon so we'll have that day to do some sight seeing.

Thanks!

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

That's a nice hotel. It's not far from a lot of eating establishments that you can walk to. You're near the interstate and it's about a 10 minute drive from there to the arena. Lots of parking nearby at all different rates, which is mentioned in above posts.

As for food, if you want to eat downtown, there are plenty of choices. See the map above. If you walk out of the arena at the front and go right, there are at least 20 places to eat at all price ranges.

As for "must see" places:
Hatch Show Prints (on Broadway) they make those really cool block print music posters
Frist Museum (on Broadway, but the other direction) art deco museum, used to be the main post office and Union Station (with the Flying Saucer pub) right next door. Gorgeous old stone building! Now a hotel, used to be the train station.
The Parthenon (on West End near Vanderbilt University) a life sized replica of the Greek Parthenon

As for other places, kind of depends on what you like. If it's country music, then go to the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Ryman, and the honky tonks down on Broadway

If you're into architecture, two don't miss places are the Downtown Presbyterian Church (only extant church with Egyptian architecture) and Wightman Chapel at Scarritt Bennett Center near Vandy (it's a miniature gothic cathedral).

If you're a Civil War buff, there are lots of opportunities for interesting sites there, too. Fort Negley and Carnton Plantation come to mind, though Carnton is a bit out from the city.

Old
12-01-2011, 09:44 AM
NLfan

I was in Nashville from nov 16 to nov 20 for the games vs Toronto and Columbus. I stayed in the Best Western Downtown Convention Center. It is in fact a motel. Pretty expensive, paid $473 incl tax for 4 nights. But it was the cheapest option in downtown Nashville. And not far from the Bridgestone Arena.

NLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbluesfan View Post
Blues fan here.

Me and a couple buddies are coming down for the December 17th game and I was wondering some places to eat. Not looking for anything fancy, but want something decent as were all college students.

Right now we are looking to book the Radisson by the Airport which is $67 a night plus taxes which is a pretty good deal from what I could find. I was hoping to stay downtown within walking distance but those hotels are pretty expensive. I've looked on hotels.com and hotwire.com, any other hotel sites that you guys prefer? Figured most of the sites are the same prices.

Any places that you guys would recommend to check out would be appreciated as well. Were coming in that Friday afternoon so we'll have that day to do some sight seeing.

Thanks!
It depends on what you like, but if you're a carnivore like me I would recommend Ted's Montana Grill (on West End between 28th and 29th avenues), Blackstone Brewery (off of West End between 18th and 19th I believe. Great beer brewed in-house, great food, no smoking, good atmosphere), the Broadway Brewhouse, Kobe Steaks Japanese Restaurant (off of 25th avenue near Centennial Park) and Ruth's Chris Steak House (just past 19th avenue on West End in the Lowe's Vanderbilt). Blackstone and Broadway Brewhouse will be the cheapest, followed by Ted's (great bison burgers, btw). Broadway Brewhouse is very close to the arena, too.

Also, the arena has very good food if you look around to see what they have. The typical arena fare is easy to find, but if you look around there are a lot of interesting and delicious foods to try.

Enjoy your visit!

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:12 PM
diehardbluesfan

Thanks for the response guys, really do appreciate it.

Does anybody know how much it costs to park downtown? It doesn't have to be right next to Bridgestone, but just a few blocks or so that isn't over $15-$20.

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote