HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#19|Nov. 19, 2011|Flyers at Jets |3:00 p.m. ET

Old
11-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Flyersfan139

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Yeah, but I don't see any reason Bryz shouldn't of been in there tonight against WPG. It's not like it was a back to back game.
The only thing I can think of is maybe they knew he was going to get booed badly all night and thought it might affect him? Thats still a really bad reason though.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Ryker

What if Laviolette just wanted to give Bobrovsky a chance to gain some confidence after getting lit in that 9-8 game? I mean, it didn't work, but I think there's plenty of other valid reasons for why he, and not Bryzgalov, got the start tonight.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 02:38 AM
spicy

What a game to be at.

You guys have one hell of a team from the dmen forward, year after year.

I hope that our coaching staff uses the flyers organization and grittiness as a measuring stick for the future.

Always entertaining games. And gotta apologize a bit for the Pronger Boos. A bit out of hand, but sounded like he didn't mind, almost enjoyed it.

(I'm a die hard hockey fan, first and foremost, and philly was my team when we lost the jets)

spicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 05:18 AM
observerspb*

I am happy that I saw the game. Lost is not important. Orange dragon spread its wings. appreciate the small

observerspb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 07:04 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by observerspb View Post
I am happy that I saw the game. Lost is not important. Orange dragon spread its wings. appreciate the small
**** YEAH!!!!!

I think this may be the new Mike Richards is Cannon.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 07:23 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy View Post
What a game to be at.

You guys have one hell of a team from the dmen forward, year after year.

I hope that our coaching staff uses the flyers organization and grittiness as a measuring stick for the future.

Always entertaining games. And gotta apologize a bit for the Pronger Boos. A bit out of hand, but sounded like he didn't mind, almost enjoyed it.

(I'm a die hard hockey fan, first and foremost, and philly was my team when we lost the jets)
No apologies needed. It's not like you were booing an injured player. Booing an opposing team's players comes with the territory, especially with guys like Pronger.

For whatever reason, the Jets have our number this year.

LEIFey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 07:50 AM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
**** YEAH!!!!!

I think this may be the new Mike Richards is Cannon.
someone should take a elderscroll skyrim dragon and photoshop him orange with a flyers logo on his chest

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 07:50 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

At one point, the crowd was chanting "we want Ilya" and Hartnell who was sitting on the bench next to Bryz, give him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.

Then Bryz got shown on the jumbotron, fans start booing, he looks up seees himself on the screen and waves lol

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
What if Laviolette just wanted to give Bobrovsky a chance to gain some confidence after getting lit in that 9-8 game? I mean, it didn't work, but I think there's plenty of other valid reasons for why he, and not Bryzgalov, got the start tonight.
Maybe Bob was pissed and went to him and said he wanted the game. I would've if I were Bob.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:15 PM
spicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
At one point, the crowd was chanting "we want Ilya" and Hartnell who was sitting on the bench next to Bryz, give him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.

Then Bryz got shown on the jumbotron, fans start booing, he looks up seees himself on the screen and waves lol
yeah, we were chanting Ilya, and we want Ilya quite alot actually. It looked like as the game ran on, he kind of just laughed it off, but at the beginning he looked a bit uncomfortable.

I hope Laviolette has the balls to play him more than he has been, and leave him in the fire for a bit. Just as he did in PHX, he needs to just deal with bad games, grow some character. If he can do that, youve got a great goalie for the playoffs.

What do you guys, or moreso your media have to say about the stuff coming out about Aucoin and Morris talking about how "weird" and "awkward" Bryz is in the dressing room?

Old
11-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
yeah, we were chanting Ilya, and we want Ilya quite alot actually. It looked like as the game ran on, he kind of just laughed it off, but at the beginning he looked a bit uncomfortable.

I hope Laviolette has the balls to play him more than he has been, and leave him in the fire for a bit. Just as he did in PHX, he needs to just deal with bad games, grow some character. If he can do that, youve got a great goalie for the playoffs.

What do you guys, or moreso your media have to say about the stuff coming out about Aucoin and Morris talking about how "weird" and "awkward" Bryz is in the dressing room?
I am not sure where the shots at Laviolette's balls or Bryz's playing time are coming from. Bryz has been playing. Lavi isn't know as a ***** with goalies or anything (he did play a rookie goalie for 55 games last year and rode Ward to a cup in Carolina). So?

The media reported it and also Bryz's response to it. They followed up with Aucoin and Morris and they reported Morris's response to being pressed for more comments on Bryz's character (all he said was "you'll see"). Other than that, I haven't read much editorializing on the topic. They've been mostly just reporting the facts as far as I can tell (which is a nice change of pace for them as a group, unfortunately).

Last edited by SnS: 11-20-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Don't circumvent the filter.
Old
11-20-2011, 07:54 PM
spicy

Im not taking a shot at Lavi, calm down. All i was saying is that Lavi needs to play Bryz as often as he was being played in Phx. Let him ride the ups and downs. IF you yank a guy like Bryz and sit him for a game or two, you dont let him get back to his normal self, and bounce back. Let him stay in, and prove to himself, and maybe the fans, that he was worth what was given up for him.

When you sit a goalie like bryz, who seems to not have the highest confidence level, it does nothing but eat him up.

Lavi is a great coach, and if he splits the 82 games 50-30 between Bryz and Bobs, i think its going to come back and bite him in the ass. Let Bryz gain confidence through the season. The last thing you want is a splitting games 50/50 between the two when he has such a large investment put on his shoulders.

Thats all. Im not attacking, or throwing insults. lol.

Old
11-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
I'm not taking a shot at Lavi, calm down. All i was saying is that Lavi needs to play Bryz as often as he was being played in Phx. Let him ride the ups and downs. IF you yank a guy like Bryz and sit him for a game or two, you dont let him get back to his normal self, and bounce back. Let him stay in, and prove to himself, and maybe the fans, that he was worth what was given up for him.

When you sit a goalie like bryz, who seems to not have the highest confidence level, it does nothing but eat him up.

Lavi is a great coach, and if he splits the 82 games 50-30 between Bryz and Bobs, i think its going to come back and bite him in the ass. Let Bryz gain confidence through the season. The last thing you want is a splitting games 50/50 between the two when he has such a large investment put on his shoulders.

Thats all. Im not attacking, or throwing insults. lol.
Bryz has been playing a lot. Everyone said before this year he ought to play less than he did in PHX. He has been playing plenty of hockey and doesn't have anything to "bounce back from" that he would need to be playing for. I don't think you're that familiar with what's going on with the team. Lastly, if you're going to question Lavi's balls, at least own it afterward. I'm not even that annoyed by the fact that you did, it's no big deal at all, but own it.

You wrote it as though you were.