HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

What could we get for our top prospects?

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2005, 12:55 PM
icthelight

vCash: 500
What could we get for our top prospects?

I was just wondering what some of you thought our top prospects would get in return if traded:

Montoya-since I feel Henke will be the keeper eventually this might be his fate, also his stock is still high so what would we get....

Jessiman-although he was demoted to the ECHL, he is stil a project with a lot of upside(at best Leclair at worst Primeau)...

Dawes-a sniper with good hockey sense and small in stature. I can see him biting us in the butt if dealt ala Savard(obviously a completely different player).

Pock-he seems to have regressed slightly, but he's still high on my list. Nothing like an offensive d-man that can run the powerplay(which we don't have now). I can see us losing patience with him and losing him eventually(one reason to think so would be the switch to wing in several games).

Falardeau-not a top prospect, but he does have some value...I think

Any other prospects you want to add would be great!

Old
11-20-2005, 12:58 PM
ish

Jessiman at worst will be Primeau? Wayne? Why are you looking to trade guys? I've said before if someone knocks our socks off with an offer for Montoya we should jump on it. Don't see any reason to trade anyone else. Falardeau might fetch a case of Powerbars.

Old
11-20-2005, 01:00 PM
FLYLine24*

Jessiman at worst is a bust, not Primeau.

Old
11-20-2005, 01:30 PM
icthelight

Sorry I should have said wayne not keith(althought I think he'll be more like Keith) and I'm not trying to trade anyone(im not the GM) but I was just wondering what we could get for them(hence realizing their value). Just looking for intelligent feedback and analysis on our prospects.

Old
11-20-2005, 01:43 PM
SML

What we could get is absolutely screwed by not having any patience with our young players. We have alot of guys signed to one year deals and SOMEBODY is going to have to step up. Why not have it be a young homegrown guy signed to the rookie max or less than a fat veteran making 3-4x as much?

Old
11-20-2005, 01:58 PM
icthelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
What we could get is absolutely screwed by not having any patience with our young players. We have alot of guys signed to one year deals and SOMEBODY is going to have to step up. Why not have it be a young homegrown guy signed to the rookie max or less than a fat veteran making 3-4x as much?

Agreed, that is what I would like to hapen, let the young guys teo in and prove their worth.

Old
11-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I think at worst Jessiman would be a solid 3rd liner. Almost a "nice" version of Simon who will maybe hit but never throw down the gloves. Kinda one of those enigma guys you know can score but som,ehow comes up short almost every time and frustrates you to no end.

At best, he'll be a premier, top tier 1st line forward in the mold of Guerin (not the Bertuzzi player everyone thinks he can be, however).

Old
11-20-2005, 02:51 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription
I think at worst Jessiman would be a solid 3rd liner. Almost a "nice" version of Simon who will maybe hit but never throw down the gloves. Kinda one of those enigma guys you know can score but som,ehow comes up short almost every time and frustrates you to no end.
He musta done SOMEthing to get ejected and suspended in Charlotte...

Old
11-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Balej20*

If we are going to use Lundqvist as your netminder of the future, I have no problem with trading Montoya, as Holt can eventually be a decent backup, or we can sign a veteran on the cheap to backup Lundy from year to year... If Montoya can bring in enough value, I would absolutely do it, otherwise, there is no need for us to trade prospects, otherwise we're gunna start taking steps back in the wrong direction, the direction we took for so many years... we know where it leads

Old
11-20-2005, 03:39 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML

I like to see this mentality from our fans. I thought that once we got off to a fast start fans would be willing sell the organization's future for a fancy name and a one time shot for a Cup.

Old
11-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Jessiman at worst is a bust, not Primeau.
I hope he meant Wayne Primeau

Old
11-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by icthelight
I was just wondering what some of you thought our top prospects would get in return if traded:

Montoya-since I feel Henke will be the keeper eventually this might be his fate, also his stock is still high so what would we get....

Jessiman-although he was demoted to the ECHL, he is stil a project with a lot of upside(at best Leclair at worst Primeau)...

Dawes-a sniper with good hockey sense and small in stature. I can see him biting us in the butt if dealt ala Savard(obviously a completely different player).

Pock-he seems to have regressed slightly, but he's still high on my list. Nothing like an offensive d-man that can run the powerplay(which we don't have now). I can see us losing patience with him and losing him eventually(one reason to think so would be the switch to wing in several games).

Falardeau-not a top prospect, but he does have some value...I think

Any other prospects you want to add would be great!
Give them some more time before we think about moving them.

A guy like Brendl might have better value at a young age, someone like Dawes won't.

Closed Thread