HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dubinsky and Anisimov...

Old
11-20-2011, 12:04 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
They both got off to rough starts, but they've been solid lately. They'll be fine.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:06 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
Rick Nash isn't that good on a Columbus team that has been horrible since... well forever. Imagine what he could do on a real team.
Yea Imagine.... the guy shows flashes of ridiculous skill... no way of knowing is he would be successful in NY though.

Rather have Parise

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:19 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Anni is just yet another russian enigma.
In what way?

He's inconsistent offensively, but he doesn't lack in effort, and he's excellent defensively. What's wrong with a 45-50 point centerman making $1.875M? In what way is that hurting this team?

Quote:
get MDZ the **** off this team, he sucks!
He had a bad game tonight, but he's been great this season aside from a few gaffes. This kid is still only 21, he's way ahead of the normal developmental curve for young defenseman. If he can provide 25-35 points with good defensive play most games, why should we move him? He may have a bad game every once in a while, but every player does.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:32 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Agree. Dubi has skill but has a ten cents brain while Anni is just yet another russian enigma. If Jeff Carter is available from Colombus, package them off for him and while we're at it, get MDZ the **** off this team, he sucks!
This is an overreaction even by my standards

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:58 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
What is wrong with some of you guys? Dubinsky is our best playoff performer among offensive skaters only behind Richards! He's in a rut, he'll get out of it. Dubi is not elite, that's why he's streaky, but when he's on he's one of the best all around players in the game. He forechecks, plays great defense, and puts points up whether it's though assists or goals. He's a must have for this team.

Anisimov however I will not make the same argument for. I like him, but he's really nothing we can't live without. For the money Anisimov makes it's very fair value. He's had some sick flashes of brilliance (boston goal, pitt goal) but those flashes are very very rare. He's a primarily defensive forward and we have a lot of those. I have nothing against AA, but if he has to go for us to improve our team I wouldn't hesitate. I feel if we don't make a big move this year we'll look back at 11'-12' years from now and think about what could have been when Gaborik and Richards are shells of their former selves.

KingWantsCup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 03:00 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
What is wrong with some of you guys? Dubinsky is our best playoff performer among offensive skaters only behind Richards! He's in a rut, he'll get out of it. Dubi is not elite, that's why he's streaky, but when he's on he's one of the best all around players in the game. He forechecks, plays great defense, and puts points up whether it's though assists or goals. He's a must have for this team.

Anisimov however I will not make the same argument for. I like him, but he's really nothing we can't live without. For the money Anisimov makes it's very fair value. He's had some sick flashes of brilliance (boston goal, pitt goal) but those flashes are very very rare. He's a primarily defensive forward and we have a lot of those. I have nothing against AA, but if he has to go for us to improve our team I wouldn't hesitate. I feel if we don't make a big move this year we'll look back at 11'-12' years from now and think about what could have been when Gaborik and Richards are shells of their former selves.
Agree totally on the assessment of Anisimov and Dubinsky. Anisimov I'd trade for the right return.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 03:45 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Agree totally on the assessment of Anisimov and Dubinsky. Anisimov I'd trade for the right return.
I would rather trade the player with the higher cap hit which is Duby. He believes he is worth 4 mil then comes in and puts up 1 goal which was almost an empty netter. If that doesn't get you shopped around the league I'm not sure what will.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:02 AM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12500
Quote:
Agree. Dubi has skill but has a ten cents brain while Anni is just yet another russian enigma. If Jeff Carter is available from Colombus, package them off for him and while we're at it, get MDZ the **** off this team, he sucks!
Yikes. I hope you're joking

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:24 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I would rather trade the player with the higher cap hit which is Duby. He believes he is worth 4 mil then comes in and puts up 1 goal which was almost an empty netter. If that doesn't get you shopped around the league I'm not sure what will.
Then I'm going to go with "you don't know what will."

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:50 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I have them both in my Nash trade.

Unfortunately.
There has been some ruomers that Nash are going to Bruins for Rask.
http://www.csnne.com/pages/video?PID...EYHIcqNcjnq9nM

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 06:37 AM
Dorado*

DUBI , AA , Cally , Feds all our wingers are not shooters besides Gaby . Dubi has decent speed but last night the NYR showed how slow a team they are and how easily without a PMD their stretch pass dump in and chase game is eliminated by a NZT and how weak they are against fast teams that transition well .
At some point there will be a trade I hope , nit because we threw up a stinker last night but because let's move some players for one more pure scorer and promote some young players with speed . Even though we have had a few wins against weak teams I think this next week will prove that our lack of team speed and shooters / scoters will bring us back to earth . I don't think Brad Richards game is built around trying to cycle the puck into the net . Having him constantly play behind the goal is a waste of his talent .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 06:37 AM
msv957

If AA is on the first line with Gaborik he will get the points so this will keep his confidence up.

Dubinsky is a streaky player. He will get his usual 45 - 55+ points. What makes him a good player is that he does other things well besides producing some points. He has grit to his game.

Last edited by msv957: 11-20-2011 at 06:55 AM.
msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 07:54 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
Rick Nash isn't that good on a Columbus team that has been horrible since... well forever. Imagine what he could do on a real team.
Good players put up points despite how terrible the rest of their team is. Hell, look at Gaborik in Minnesota.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:16 AM
JimmyStart*

No they are not ovechkin they are not untradeable. Where was this thread during our winning streak? Coinky dink?

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
There has been some ruomers that Nash are going to Bruins for Rask.
http://www.csnne.com/pages/video?PID...EYHIcqNcjnq9nM
They said on HNIC Chiarelli refuses to trade Rask, he is their future number one. However Columbus did inquire about his availability. They might have mentioned Carter though, not Nash.

11-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Dorado*

This team needs speed beyond Gaby , and more pure shooters beyond Gaby . BR makes plays that some wings with skill would finish . DUBI is a hard working , blue collar 3 rd liner . Cally is a hard working blue collar hard hitting 2 Nd liner . This will be an up n down year once again . It is what it is . Dump , chase , cycle rinse repeat !!!! Besides KREIDER , all our wing prospects are borderline or just like we have true bottom 6 ers or AHLERS .
I can't wait until mid season to hopefully make a few moves . We have over valued a lot of our players . DUBI , AA , all playing out of position . Too much Feds , too much Prust , too much Boyle and too be honest I've seen enough of him this season and would love to see Ryan Borque or Hagelin get a chance this team is very slow .
Prust , Boyle , Feds, slow . Stepan , good with the puck but slow , Cally hard on the puck but hardly fast . DUBI decent speed but a knucklehead and not a shooter .
Start looking to cherry pick teams that are falling fast

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 09:44 AM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

The problem with Anisimov is that his development seems to have plateaued. If the right deal came along I wouldn't hesitate to trade him. We have a glut of defensively responsible forwards both on the team and in the system.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 10:55 AM
PavelBure9

Seriously, it's one game guys

Both are still young and you already want to give them up? Have some damn patience that's why we were terrible for 7 years prior to the lockout!

Whoever said Anisimov is another Russian engima is an idiot. He backchecks, he makes the simple plays you need to win on a hockey team. He's basically a younger version of Datsyuk and yes, if you think I think that he's not exactly Datsyuk, I think he will be. He has the patience, the playmaking ability, and knows when to make plays at the right time. He will be fine hes ****ing 23!!!! Imagine what he'll look like in 3 years. That's why Detroit wins championships because they develop their players correctly.

Dubinsky is off to a rough start, but he will overcome it. When hes hot, he's hot and vice versa. All he needs to do is keep playing hockey and he will get his. We just won seven, I'll take that streak.

PavelBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 10:57 AM
PavelBure9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
The problem with Anisimov is that his development seems to have plateaued. If the right deal came along I wouldn't hesitate to trade him. We have a glut of defensively responsible forwards both on the team and in the system.
Like who? How the hell has he plateaued at age 23. Come on man, it's one damn game. Were you saying the same thing when he had six asissts in three games? He has too much potential to give up.

Old
11-20-2011, 11:14 AM
bluecollarblueshirt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
maybe richards hasent been as good as hes points indicate. Ever think of that no of course not.
just because h's having trouble finding chemistry doesnt mean he's not good

bluecollarblueshirt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:44 PM
NikC

my timing may stink, but this isn't necessarily a reaction because we lost one game. i knew they would lose eventually, but this is more about assessing what's still not working 17g in, after a 7g winning streak. I think this is a good team that finds different ways to win games, but as the competition ramps up, I can't help noticing some guys on the team that aren't carrying their weight.

This is not just "one game". it's 17g in and Dubinsky has one goal which was essentially an open netter in a game where a bad team was collapsing. This is now his 5th season in the league, and what i'm reading amounts to nothing more than excuses.

Inconsistentcies should start leveling out by now. When is this guy going to find his game? He plays hard and is gritty? 4y/4m? great!

PavelBure9 - AA= young Datysuk? wow. it's scary how some overvalue our players. I guess when you've been eating out the garbage can as a fanbase for so many years even a hot dog looks like a gourmet meal. I'd move this kid before he's out of the league from getting hammered while skating with his head down, which is only a matter of time anyway.

both players, 5th season for the latter, 3rd for the former and can't contribute consistently for any length of time. they are defensively sound. great! you should be to earn a spot on an NHL roster.

we essentially have 2 top 3 forwards and 2-3 low end top six forwards. We need more offense. we need more than players that perform just what's exected.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
my timing may stink, but this isn't necessarily a reaction because we lost one game. i knew they would lose eventually, but this is more about assessing what's still not working 17g in, after a 7g winning streak. I think this is a good team that finds different ways to win games, but as the competition ramps up, I can't help noticing some guys on the team that aren't carrying their weight.

This is not just "one game". it's 17g in and Dubinsky has one goal which was essentially an open netter in a game where a bad team was collapsing. This is now his 5th season in the league, and what i'm reading amounts to nothing more than excuses.

Inconsistentcies should start leveling out by now. When is this guy going to find his game? He plays hard and is gritty? 4y/4m? great!

PavelBure9 - AA= young Datysuk? wow. it's scary how some overvalue our players. I guess when you've been eating out the garbage can as a fanbase for so many years even a hot dog looks like a gourmet meal. I'd move this kid before he's out of the league from getting hammered while skating with his head down, which is only a matter of time anyway.

both players, 5th season for the latter, 3rd for the former and can't contribute consistently for any length of time. they are defensively sound. great! you should be to earn a spot on an NHL roster.

we essentially have 2 top 3 forwards and 2-3 low end top six forwards. We need more offense. we need more than players that perform just what's exected.
I hate to do it, but I'm going to have to agree with you on this. I'm pretty disappointed at Dubinsky's lack of consistency/production so far.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:23 PM
PavelBure9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Why is it so crazy to think Anisimov can't be like Datsyuk. I value him because of what I see on the ice. Not only is he great defensivly, he's always in position, and he knows where to go where the puck is. It's because of him that Gaborik-Stepan-Anisimov line was going. Without his defensive play, we are not close to winning the Ottawa or Winnipeg games.

Also, look at Datsyuk and Anisimov stats. Each year they have gone up and improving each time.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:55 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I don't know how you can say Anisimov is not working when he has 10 points and is our best defensive forward.

Dubinsky does need to wake up, though. He's not a third liner, and he has to stop producing like he's one.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 02:04 PM
dccuse

I saw Artie went to the net with the puck against Montreal - I'd like to see more of this. Unfortunately, he went in on his backhand side but he's lethal with the wrister from in there - hopefully he'll gain some more confidence.

dccuse is offline   Reply With Quote