Notices

Value & price of Nik Antropov

Old
11-18-2011, 11:20 PM
ZetterBurger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmanPat1919 View Post
Kane is an RFA at the end of the year. Bogosian just signed a two year deal and will have another 2 RFA years at the end of that contract.

For either player the Jets would want an elite prospect of comparable ability and potential at the very least, not to mention high picks.
I'm in.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTintheD View Post
im more interested in how jets fans feel about trading bogosian or kane to the wings. It is my one and only dream. Can't you please help my wish come true?
Never say never to any deal.

But I think the Wings or anyone else would have to pay through the nose to get either player.

Trading older players (like Antropov) is one thing. The Jets are in the midst of a rebuild, you have to expect such things. But players like Kane or Bogo are what the rebuild is all about. You don't trade the players that you expect to build your team around.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 01:23 AM
mondo3

vCash: 571
I dont think you want to trade all your older players, as they can have a positive influence on the younger ones.

mondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 01:37 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Ballard (Salary going back and capable D)
Raymond

or Ballard and 1st in 2012/2013

we don't have a deep prospect pool

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
I actually wouldn't mind getting a player like Raymond (as long as his injury heals well).

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Does Buffalo want something like this? Stafford I can see but Tropp is gonna be a very good player in the NHL I think. Is Antropov really worth that much?
I couldn't tell you if they were interested or not. It was posted by a Buffalo fan originally.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Huffer

Quote:
im more interested in how jets fans feel about trading bogosian or kane to the wings. It is my one and only dream. Can't you please help my wish come true?
The Jets are in the middle of a rebuild phase. The only way we deal either one of those guys is for comparable players in talent and age. At that stage, what's the point? Plus, with Detroit picking later in the draft, I don't see anyone in the organization at the same age/talent level. I.E. 20-21 year old possible all-stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgson View Post
Ballard (Salary going back and capable D)
Raymond

or Ballard and 1st in 2012/2013

we don't have a deep prospect pool
Absolutely no interest in Ballard. When our defense-men get healthy, we will have more quality NHL'rs than we can ice, and we would have at least 5, maybe 6 D men better than him anyway. So no reason to pick up a 4.2 million dollar 6th or 7th D man.

I would be interested in a 1st and a guy like Jensen, but I don't see it working for cap reasons.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 09:49 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
I dont think you want to trade all your older players, as they can have a positive influence on the younger ones.
Yep. That's why it's a little tricky with some of these guys like Antro and Oduya. You need older guys that can play well, but you're also not sure if they are the guys that are gonna take you into the playoffs and beyond. I'm hoping by next year we solidify our line-up a little better. Fehr coming back should help this year.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:05 AM
knorthern knight

vCash: 314
Antropov is just too valuable to the Jets. He's effectively tied for the Jets' scoring lead, if yoou remember he's played fewer games than Wellwood/Byfuglien/Kane. And he's a mentor for Burmistrov. Winnipeg's main goal is the playoffs this season.

What I really want Antropov for is next season. Imagine a Winnipeg team with Antropov and Scheifele in the lineup, plus our current works-in-progress with another year under their belts. Winnipeg stands a chance at being a cup contender next season. I do not want to see a cup-contender dismantled BEFORE the run for the cup.

knorthern knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 02:01 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorthern knight View Post
Antropov is just too valuable to the Jets. He's effectively tied for the Jets' scoring lead, if yoou remember he's played fewer games than Wellwood/Byfuglien/Kane. And he's a mentor for Burmistrov. Winnipeg's main goal is the playoffs this season.

What I really want Antropov for is next season. Imagine a Winnipeg team with Antropov and Scheifele in the lineup, plus our current works-in-progress with another year under their belts. Winnipeg stands a chance at being a cup contender next season. I do not want to see a cup-contender dismantled BEFORE the run for the cup.
Whoa there! Try to keep your expectations somewhat realistic and you won't be disappointed. We aren't close to a cup contender atm and I don't see that changing in just a years time.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 10:17 AM
landon989

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
From Winnipeg:
Antropov

From Buffalo:
Time Machine
28 year old Dale Hawerchuck
hmm...so you're saying this is a possibility?

landon989 is offline   Reply With Quote