HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official OT Thread--Kings Lounge X

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2011, 12:40 AM
  #976
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,151
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
It's interesting that Netflix is bringing back Arrested Development. I think that is a brilliant move on their part, can't wait to see the new episodes.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now  
Old
11-19-2011, 03:48 PM
  #977
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,742
vCash: 500
So I qualified to compete for my IFBB pro card last night. Also mulling over a couple new sponsorship options. I'll be in febuary's muscle and strength magazine edition with ab excersize tips. So stoked.

no name is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 07:05 PM
  #978
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,986
vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
So I qualified to compete for my IFBB pro card last night. Also mulling over a couple new sponsorship options. I'll be in febuary's muscle and strength magazine edition with ab excersize tips. So stoked.
Wow, very impressive dude! Congrats and I look forward to seeing you in the february issue.


Last edited by The Black1963: 11-19-2011 at 08:07 PM.
The Black1963 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 07:07 PM
  #979
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,311
vCash: 500
In other news, Demi Moore and Ashton broke up. Awww.

Shellz is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 08:05 PM
  #980
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,986
vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
In other news, Demi Moore and Ashton broke up. Awww.
Younger guy with an older woman, just isn't a good combination.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 10:03 PM
  #981
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
So I qualified to compete for my IFBB pro card last night. Also mulling over a couple new sponsorship options. I'll be in febuary's muscle and strength magazine edition with ab excersize tips. So stoked.
Great job!

You should list your sponsorship info here. Some people might want to help out.

Kudos!

etherialone is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 11:03 PM
  #982
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,311
vCash: 500
**** just hit the fan in the college football world. 3 of the top 5 went down in the last 24 hours.

KopitarFAN is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 11:06 PM
  #983
cheap77
Go Kings!
 
cheap77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
It's interesting that Netflix is bringing back Arrested Development. I think that is a brilliant move on their part, can't wait to see the new episodes.
Now if only they would bring back Pushing Daisies I would love them forever.

cheap77 is online now  
Old
11-19-2011, 11:32 PM
  #984
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,986
vCash: 2200
Great MMA fights tonight!!!

Faber vs Bowles was pretty much expected I guess. Although, I thought Bowles might give Faber a better fight but Faber made a relatively easy work of Bowles which was pretty impressive.

Silva vs Le again pretty much as expected. Someone who specializes in karate isn't going to defeat a guy like Silva. Le did hurt Silva a couple of times but in the end, the heavy punches and grappling skills of Silva did Le in.

Henderson vs. Rua was one of the best fights ever! Well, at least according to Joe Rogan it was. I thought it was a great fight but I don't know about one of the best ever. Henderson won the first 3 rounds but pretty much then ran out of gas the last 2 rounds. I think the judges got the decision right with an unanimous 1 pt decision for Henderson. I guess that means Henderson may have a shot at Bones Jones? I love the fact that a 41 yr old Henderson is still kicking ass in the MMA but Jones is going to destroy Henderson. Henderson is just too slow for a guy like Jones.

Best part of the fights are that it's all free on the internet. Why pay for PPV?

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 11:33 PM
  #985
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,755
vCash: 1027
It probably was the best fight ever simply because most of the best fights have been non-title fights and this was the first non-title fight in the UFC to go five rounds.

Live in the Now is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 11:38 PM
  #986
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,986
vCash: 2200
Yeah, I'm sure th 41 yr old Hendo was happy with the 5 rounds.

It was a good fight overall. Nothing against Rua, but i was definitely pulling for Hendo. I actually was hoping Hendo could get a rematch with Silva but I'm not so sure after watching tonight's fight.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
11-20-2011, 07:21 AM
  #987
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,061
vCash: 500
I'm still trying to get used to waking UP at 5:30 to 6 in the morning instead of going to bed at 7:30 (from my last job)... I have until Friday to not only get up around that time...but to also get used to some rather loud ringing in my ears that will last until July (courtesy of THE Salvation Army)...

The people at my spot will think they broke a mirror when they see me there for a 7th straight year...

RAZZIE King is offline  
Old
11-20-2011, 09:42 AM
  #988
nocturn
Registered User
 
nocturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Col. Hgts, Virginny
Country: Ireland
Posts: 888
vCash: 500
Anyone know wtb a kings new logo banner or flag of any size? Google renders nothing with the new pencil logo. F-ing blows man.

The front porch flag (3x5) ive been flying for 4 years now has fallen apart. She was a glorious flag and flew proudly. But between the sun and the 60knt winds last week, she needs to be retired and I refuse to pay $30+ for a replacement with a non current logo.


Mahalos!

nocturn is offline  
Old
11-20-2011, 11:26 AM
  #989
Mattias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 500
We haven't had a girl problem on here for a while, my turn!

So, as any story starts it belongs with a girl, a town and a little bit of luck. I will make the story short, however. Met a girl, crazy intelligent. Not a 'thankkkkkkks' texter, but a genuine intelligence that matches mine. She's also in the medicine program and our tests always seem to be in a 2% ~ score. We got along amazingly well, and started to date for a short period of time.

I threw out some of the rulebook with her, gave her a note that said 'I think you're very beautiful', talked very open and genuinely ect. After about 2 weeks she needed to talk, and basically explained how she can't do it. I understand that, but now after 3 days is almost a pseudo-relationship. Because she's the one that basically cancelled it, she's rebooted fine and I'm stuck quazi liking the girl.

I'm thinking I'm stuck in the dreaded 'friend-zone'. So here's my current options I've thought on my own:

a.) Cut her out, it's not worth feeling stupid around the girl (in the non-ling way stupid, but 'why did I bother') and there's so many other girls out there who appreciate my time and energy. It would also help the girl out in the future to appreciate guys who have great value. The downside of this is that it somewhat proves I'm a half ****** and confirms any doubts she had about me.

b.) Stay in the friendzone? It does indeed suck as there's nothing beyond the 'hey, you're a nice guy' mantra. Yet, is it worth riding out for an extended period of time dealing with this girl. If it does work out, that's awesome. She's an incredible personality and I think somewhere in there she does care for me.

So, any thoughts? Any options I am not currently looking at? This is actually the first time something like this has happened to little me, and I'm half excited that I can post some 'HEY HALP ME!' advice on the off-topic area.

Thanks guys, you rock.

Mattias is offline  
Old
11-20-2011, 12:47 PM
  #990
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,376
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
We haven't had a girl problem on here for a while, my turn!

So, as any story starts it belongs with a girl, a town and a little bit of luck. I will make the story short, however. Met a girl, crazy intelligent. Not a 'thankkkkkkks' texter, but a genuine intelligence that matches mine. She's also in the medicine program and our tests always seem to be in a 2% ~ score. We got along amazingly well, and started to date for a short period of time.

I threw out some of the rulebook with her, gave her a note that said 'I think you're very beautiful', talked very open and genuinely ect. After about 2 weeks she needed to talk, and basically explained how she can't do it. I understand that, but now after 3 days is almost a pseudo-relationship. Because she's the one that basically cancelled it, she's rebooted fine and I'm stuck quazi liking the girl.

I'm thinking I'm stuck in the dreaded 'friend-zone'. So here's my current options I've thought on my own:

a.) Cut her out, it's not worth feeling stupid around the girl (in the non-ling way stupid, but 'why did I bother') and there's so many other girls out there who appreciate my time and energy. It would also help the girl out in the future to appreciate guys who have great value. The downside of this is that it somewhat proves I'm a half ****** and confirms any doubts she had about me.

b.) Stay in the friendzone? It does indeed suck as there's nothing beyond the 'hey, you're a nice guy' mantra. Yet, is it worth riding out for an extended period of time dealing with this girl. If it does work out, that's awesome. She's an incredible personality and I think somewhere in there she does care for me.

So, any thoughts? Any options I am not currently looking at? This is actually the first time something like this has happened to little me, and I'm half excited that I can post some 'HEY HALP ME!' advice on the off-topic area.

Thanks guys, you rock.
Never stay in the friend zone. There are plenty of women out there, you should never have to convince somebody to be in a relationship with you.

The Tikkanen is offline  
Old
11-20-2011, 01:53 PM
  #991
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Never stay in the friend zone. There are plenty of women out there, you should never have to convince somebody to be in a relationship with you.
I think its ok to stay in the friend zone as long as you are still on the prowl for other women. Usually once you find a new girl, the friend goes a little nutty. If anything it can force her, the friend, to make a move. Just dont put all of your time into the friend. I would say a majority of the time it leads to nothing.

This whole situation just shows us that women are evil and are sent here to destroy us.

Good luck.

Wildturkey12 is offline  
Old
11-20-2011, 03:13 PM
  #992
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,151
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Onto the next thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...3#post39707233

Telos is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.