HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

11/19/2011 "To Crosby Or Not To Crosby" Penguins Vs Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2011, 01:53 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I don't want to break up the top line but we need to try to mix it up for at least one game.
mix it up...by breaking the top line? are you out of your ******* mind? Torts is that you?!?!?

Edit* I think I read quick and overreacted (but I'll leave it in case I was right lol), but I HOPE you meant mix up lines 2-4...

Old
11-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Southern Hockey

Quote:
I don't want to break up the top line but we need to try to mix it up for at least one game.
Why? We're winning and that line is producing. That's just assanine

Old
11-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Hopefully once Upshall comes back he can get his game going. He's been awful. Not just point wise

Old
11-20-2011, 02:57 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Hopefully once Upshall comes back he can get his game going. He's been awful. Not just point wise
no he hasn't. do you even watch the games?

Old
11-20-2011, 03:22 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Whats up with Sams? why hasn't he played for you guys yet?.

Old
11-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
no he hasn't. do you even watch the games?
Almost everyone of them. He should throw his body around more. I hope your not mistaking #18 as #19

Old
11-20-2011, 05:04 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
mix it up...by breaking the top line? are you out of your ******* mind? Torts is that you?!?!?

Edit* I think I read quick and overreacted (but I'll leave it in case I was right lol), but I HOPE you meant mix up lines 2-4...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Hockey View Post
Why? We're winning and that line is producing. That's just assanine
Yeah, swapping out Flash for say Dadanov and Moving Flash to the second line with Santorelli could pay dividends. Dads has the skill the play with Weiss and Versteeg. Something has to be done to spark the second and third line offensively. Whose to say Flash and Santorelli and Kopecky don't have great chemistry? And Weiss, Dads, and Versteeg have great chemistry too? Only way to find out is to mix it up for a game or two.

We're winning and that's the only line producing. We need more offense. When David Backes' line shut them down in St. Louis we got beat. We're going to need more offensive production. Not sure what you think will solve the lack of scoring from the second and third line. My suggestion is hardly asinine.

Old
11-20-2011, 05:04 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Almost everyone of them. He should throw his body around more. I hope your not mistaking #18 as #19
he has had numerous big hits, despite being only 5'11 or 6'0. he was also a tenacious forchecker.

the only thing he wasnt contributing was goals. he was getting chances, but not finishing them.

Old
11-20-2011, 05:05 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
he has had numerous big hits, despite being only 5'11 or 6'0. he was also a tenacious forchecker.

the only thing he wasnt contributing was goals. he was getting chances, but not finishing them.
He wasn't playing well, imo. He was okay at best and that's probably being generous.

Old
11-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
Whats up with Sams? why hasn't he played for you guys yet?.
He was DoA. Damn Vancouver for giving us broken crap.

I heard he's been skating though, so he could be back this week at the earliest.

Old
11-20-2011, 05:24 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Weaver actually had a very solid game last night.
i dont remember him standing out one way or the other last night other than i thought our dmen looked very small compared to the penguins. i definitely missed guds behind the net last night.

Old
11-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
He wasn't playing well, imo. He was okay at best and that's probably being generous.
Feel the same. Seems most have felt that way.

11-20-2011, 05:31 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Yeah, swapping out Flash for say Dadanov and Moving Flash to the second line with Santorelli could pay dividends. Dads has the skill the play with Weiss and Versteeg. Something has to be done to spark the second and third line offensively. Whose to say Flash and Santorelli and Kopecky don't have great chemistry? And Weiss, Dads, and Versteeg have great chemistry too? Only way to find out is to mix it up for a game or two.

We're winning and that's the only line producing. We need more offense. When David Backes' line shut them down in St. Louis we got beat. We're going to need more offensive production. Not sure what you think will solve the lack of scoring from the second and third line. My suggestion is hardly asinine.
no its not asinine. its either extremely bold or foolish, but you really couldnt tell until after you tried it. i actually think youre better off going with santorelli, dadanov, and kopecky on that second line and letting them build some chemistry. santorelli and dadanov have played well for a few games now so id like to see them together a little bit. kopecky doesnt seem to fit that line well because he isnt that fast, but hes really the best offensive forward outside of VW Flash.

Old
11-20-2011, 05:35 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:

The nice thing about Flash is that he is the type of player that makes people around him better. His playmaking skills are phenomenal. He will boost any line he is put on, so I agree with perhaps juggling him around and spreading the wealth, if you will.

Old
11-20-2011, 05:35 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
no its not asinine. its either extremely bold or foolish, but you really couldnt tell until after you tried it. i actually think youre better off going with santorelli, dadanov, and kopecky on that second line and letting them build some chemistry. santorelli and dadanov have played well for a few games now so id like to see them together a little bit. kopecky doesnt seem to fit that line well because he isnt that fast, but hes really the best offensive forward outside of VW Flash.
That's a fair way to put it and I even suggested this before against a Western Conference team since we're worried about losing. But something has to be done. I think we can get Santorelli going with higher end talent, he can finish and Flash could be that guy. One game is worth experimenting. Not like Wiess and Versteeg would be out of it. Plus, PP lines would stay the same.

Closed Thread