HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings AHL / Manchester Monarchs 2011-2012 Update Thread

Old
11-14-2011, 01:19 PM
kkempy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Why is Dwight King's production so low (only 1 goal in 17 games)? Is he only playing the 4th line or something?
He has played plenty just not doing anything this year! Very disappointing
Now that Loktionov has been called up we really need these other guys to pick it up and start scoring!

kkempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
If you think Machester is going to struggle without Loktionov, they are about to lose Voynov too with Martinez heading to IR.

Losing Moller and Holloway really destroyed the offense in Manchester.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 02:42 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
If you think Machester is going to struggle without Loktionov, they are about to lose Voynov too with Martinez heading to IR.

Losing Moller and Holloway really destroyed the offense in Manchester.
Yep, it's going to get ugly for manchester this year.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:15 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
It's been ugly in Manchester for quite a while and now with Lokti gone and Voynov heading to LA any second, it's not looking pretty in Monarchs Country. The Monarchs lost a lot with Moller and Holloway (Elkins too) heading across the pond. Unfortunately, a winning streak in Manchester at this point is one game

I certainly will enjoy watching 2 more Monarchs playing for the Kings though

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:45 AM
kkempy

Quote:
It's been ugly most of the year. It's only going to get worse

Old
11-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Capn Brown

This is pretty much a trial by fire for Kozun, King, & Vey.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

With Voynov in LA, I wonder if Deslauriers will get more playing time. Sounds like he's been a disappointment so far.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:43 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
The fact that Cliche leads the team in points pretty much sums it up.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 07:11 PM
hockeynutz

Quote:
The fact that Cliche leads the team in points pretty much sums it up.
it's been ugly, and will likely get uglier before the season is out.

i've been very disappointed in king's play thus far. he's been around long enough to know what needs to be done & step up his game.

i'm sort of sick of hearing "this is a very young team".

there's way too much talent on this team for there to be so few goals scored.

hockeynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeynutz View Post

i've been very disappointed in king's play thus far. he's been around long enough to know what needs to be done & step up his game.

Like NHL team, like AHL team.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 06:53 AM
kkempy

Quote:

So true! I am sick of hearing how young they are, the fact is most are not rookies. The majority have been here a few years now. King is one of the biggest disappointments!
I am not hopeful for this season!

Old
11-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Are you talking about the Kings or Monarchs? Don't they play the same system?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 10:23 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkempy View Post
So true! I am sick of hearing how young they are, the fact is most are not rookies. The majority have been here a few years now. King is one of the biggest disappointments!
I am not hopeful for this season!
There aren't many excuses left at this point, but I'd have to place some of the blame on guys like Hickey, Cliche, Clune, King, Azevedo, Meckler and Zatkoff for not stepping up as veterans and leaders for some of the other guys on the roster considering many of that group have at least two full seasons in the AHL under their belts.

King has been a disappointment but I think those couple years he was productive was due to having linemates he had really good chemistry with. Holloway especially was always shooting and throwing the puck at the net and I think King benefited from that being being able to just crash the net and have the puck fall in front of him. He's basically AHL Penner at this point in that if you put him with the right guys he'll produce, otherwise he's a thrid liner.

I think part of the blame has to fall on Morris as well (shocked he's survived this long where he is) but I usually only listen to the radio streams so I'm not really sure on what system they are playing but it really doesn't seem like the Kings considering they get outshot as much as they do...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Fat Elvis

Seems like Nolan is finding the score sheet more often this season. How has he looked?

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 01:44 PM
sBarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Seems like Nolan is finding the score sheet more often this season. How has he looked?
He was awesome last night, most exciting player on the ice. He scored 2 shortys, and got in a bit of a scrap. Some people will call it dirty because he was giving Petrecki the hands even after he fell to the ground, but the home crowd loved it. He also got destroyed by Acolatse I believe on a huge open ice hit, that left him on the ground palms in the air looking for a call, which he didn't get. So he responded a little later by laying down a huge hit of his own in the open ice. Great game Nolan, keep it up.

sBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:27 AM
hockeynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
There aren't many excuses left at this point, but I'd have to place some of the blame on guys like Hickey, Cliche, Clune, King, Azevedo, Meckler and Zatkoff for not stepping up as veterans and leaders for some of the other guys on the roster considering many of that group have at least two full seasons in the AHL under their belts.
cliche has actually been playing pretty well. with the departure of lokti, he's the team's leading scorer. he logs huge minutes on PK (along with campbell), and is generally pretty effective.

zatkoff has had some great games in the last couple of weeks. he's given up a few clunkers, but has been sharing playing time with jones. both goalies have been bombarded with lots of shots, and i'm frankly surprised that the scores in games they've lost are quite low.

azevedo works hard, but really seems lost without his best bud, holloway.

clune's role is definitely not to be a leading scorer. he does get points, but he's on a hard-playing, hard checking line, mostly with cliche and meckler.

i think the "older" guys are providing leadership. it may be that the youngsters are just that dense. they're all used to being "stars" in juniors, and they're having a hard time making the transition to being just one cog in a bigger wheel.

i tend to agree that a part of the issue is with coaching. morris is the eternal optimist, and sees the good in every crappy outcome. even when they play like total crap, he finds some positive. his public persona may be different than what goes on in the locker room, but i think we fans would appreciate it if he said they sucked once in a while.

hockeynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:

I see what you did there.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 11:45 AM
TKFAN

Quote:
cliche has actually been playing pretty well. with the departure of lokti, he's the team's leading scorer. he logs huge minutes on PK (along with campbell), and is generally pretty effective.

zatkoff has had some great games in the last couple of weeks. he's given up a few clunkers, but has been sharing playing time with jones. both goalies have been bombarded with lots of shots, and i'm frankly surprised that the scores in games they've lost are quite low.

clune's role is definitely not to be a leading scorer. he does get points, but he's on a hard-playing, hard checking line, mostly with cliche and meckler.

i think the "older" guys are providing leadership. it may be that the youngsters are just that dense. they're all used to being "stars" in juniors, and they're having a hard time making the transition to being just one cog in a bigger wheel.

i tend to agree that a part of the issue is with coaching. morris is the eternal optimist, and sees the good in every crappy outcome. even when they play like total crap, he finds some positive. his public persona may be different than what goes on in the locker room, but i think we fans would appreciate it if he said they sucked once in a while.
Well said and I think Moller and Bud leaving has had a huge affect on the team. I have heard thru the grapevine that in the Monarchs locker room, like most locker rooms Morris takes off his "public persona" and tells it like it is. Sometime with the comments Morris makes post game, I've wondered what the heck game he's talking about because it's not the game I was just at.

Old
11-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Rough season but it looks like the bright spots are definitely Jordan Nolan, and Andrew Campbell looks pretty good. 2-4-6 and a +7 as a shut down guy, logging a lot of PK minutes. I dunno, I think, knock on wood, if one of our shut down guys goes down for an extended period he could get a call up.

I wouldn't mind seeing the flowing locks of Jordan Nolan up here.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:56 PM
sBarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Rough season but it looks like the bright spots are definitely Jordan Nolan, and Andrew Campbell looks pretty good. 2-4-6 and a +7 as a shut down guy, logging a lot of PK minutes. I dunno, I think, knock on wood, if one of our shut down guys goes down for an extended period he could get a call up.

I wouldn't mind seeing the flowing locks of Jordan Nolan up here.
Soupy scored two clutch goals this weekend, and he has looked much improved this year. However I don't think he's ready for a call up just yet. I know you don't mean right this second, but I think it would have to be late this season, but most likely it'd be better off next year. Plus I think Muzz would probably get that call up before him this year. Great weekend though Soupy awesome games.

Also, I think Nolan cut his hair haha

Old
11-20-2011, 02:03 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Nolan is a flat out monster. He is definitely making the team next year; he could be a great third liner for us one day.

TwoForRoughing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sBarry View Post
Soupy scored two clutch goals this weekend, and he has looked much improved this year. However I don't think he's ready for a call up just yet. I know you don't mean right this second, but I think it would have to be late this season, but most likely it'd be better off next year. Plus I think Muzz would probably get that call up before him this year. Great weekend though Soupy awesome games.

Nooo Nolan cut the hair Yea Campbell would have to be a late season. And Muzzin hasn't looked super strong this year I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Nolan is a flat out monster. He is definitely making the team next year; he could be a great third liner for us one day.

Seriously. He and Campbell both were real late cuts to camp this year, as well as last year when Campbell was one of the final cuts.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 05:38 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sBarry View Post

Noticed Nolan had shorter hair too, must have had it cut so his mullet fit better!

Old
11-20-2011, 06:39 PM
acfurino

How does Linden Vey look so far? Ive got him on my keeper team wondering if hes worth the wait...

Anyone watch him play recently? Does he stand out? What's his potential? If you can please tell me all you know both positives and negatives about the guy.

acfurino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 06:59 PM
sBarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKFAN View Post
Noticed Nolan had shorter hair too, must have had it cut so his mullet fit better!
It was so funny seeing Azzy and JJ with the mullets. Cam Paddock looked like he wanted to rock it for a while longer lol.

Also, JayGoKings, I didn't realize Campbell was one of the last cuts. So maybe you're right about him getting the call over Muzzy.