Trapping Habs win in O.T. despite sensational Potvin

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2003, 10:59 AM
Corey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
is Nashville a better team than Detroit???
surelly not. But they won last night against them.
Is Mtl better than Boston???
A big NO...
Mtl played there best game of the year but they have no offensive talent. Thats why it took them 200 minutes to score a garbage goal in overtime. Yes the Bruins have lost yesterday, but they have played there worst game of the year and stole a point because our goaltender was hot and mtl players miss talent... who said the Bruins had no goalies???
Yes we got beat, but not by a better team.
those two teams are not in the same league...
How do you know the Habs played their best game of the year? As a matter of fact it was only their fourth best. They beat Toronto 4-0, Washington 4-1, and the Islanders 3-0. They're in an offensive slump but the Bruins kept them in the game with their own poor play long enough for Juneau to score in overtime.

Old
10-31-2003, 11:37 AM
sfbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
Forsberg?

Peter Forsberg is well known as a guy who stays on his skates and fights through checks!

Forsberg DOES get hauled down on some checks/holds/grabs that Thornton doesnt gt hauled down on simply because Thornton is BIGGER than Forsberg!
Later
Sometimes I don't think we watch the same league. Peter can be very strong on his skates when he wants to be -- he has a low center of gravity, kind of like a halfback in football -- but he is without question a world class diver when he senses it will draw a penalty.

I agree about Joe though -- he is certainly not the only player in the league that has to find a way to deal with the abuse.

Old
10-31-2003, 11:40 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
How do you know the Habs played their best game of the year? As a matter of fact it was only their fourth best. They beat Toronto 4-0, Washington 4-1, and the Islanders 3-0. They're in an offensive slump but the Bruins kept them in the game with their own poor play long enough for Juneau to score in overtime.
i know because i'm from québec and i watch habs games with my biaised habs fans friends...
the wsh game??? give me a break. that was charpentier's fault...
islanders... the boriest game of the year.
Toronto? maybe. But the leafs were also horrible...
but the point is mtl had there best game. The bruins there worst and it take and ugly goal in overtime to beat us 1-0 and it was mtl first goal in 200 minutes....
nothing really to troll about...

Old
10-31-2003, 11:40 AM
sfbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
In a way this is academic because both the Bruins and the Habs would go into the playoffs in the lower half of the seeding and therefore would not be able to face each other in the first round. In the case of the Habs I would expect them to finish no higher than 8th, so they'd most likely face the Senators (and be eliminated). Do Bruins fans have the temerity to suggest that their team will finish first and therefore face the 8th seed in the playoffs?
"Temerity" is a very big word for a hockey board.

Old
10-31-2003, 11:42 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Potvin played a heck of a game and really kept it close and got the B's a point. As for the Habs' offence, there is no doubt it is in a slump. It would have broken out better last night though if it wasn't for excellent goaltending. A lot of those 38 stops were first class.

It is also good to see that this age old rivalry is still alive and well, both on and off the ice!! I sure hope Boston can get more fans in the stands though, that is a nasty trend that is becoming far more common across the league and could be a real problem if the teams alienate the fans with a work stoppage next season.

Old
10-31-2003, 12:00 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
juneau said "we needed that goal. we needed it to prove that we're a good team"...pardon my ignorance, but how does that goal prove that montreal is a good team??? sorry, this team sucks, and they won't be anything better than mediocre this season. maybe juneau should go back home and "cry all day" like he did when boston traded him. does anyone here know how to yodel??
Ok, I'll remember this post...
What happens if the Habs finish in front of the Bruins at the end of the season?

Old
10-31-2003, 12:01 PM
DBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hainsey
What happens if the Habs finish in front of the Bruins at the end of the season?

Get outta here... :p

Old
10-31-2003, 12:02 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
that would mean both team won't be in the playoffs....

Old
10-31-2003, 12:03 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
is Nashville a better team than Detroit???
surelly not. But they won last night against them.
Is Mtl better than Boston???
A big NO...
Mtl played there best game of the year but they have no offensive talent. Thats why it took them 200 minutes to score a garbage goal in overtime. Yes the Bruins have lost yesterday, but they have played there worst game of the year and stole a point because our goaltender was hot and mtl players miss talent... who said the Bruins had no goalies???
Yes we got beat, but not by a better team.
those two teams are not in the same league...
This wasn't their best game of the year, where were you against Toronto, Detroit? OK well, maybe you overrate a bit too much your team...
I think we don't miss talent, well maybe offensivly, but defensivly and in goal I think we win easily...
Théodore + Garon, maybe the best duo in this league. Garon could be a no 1 in a lot of teams...

Old
10-31-2003, 12:04 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
that would mean both team won't be in the playoffs....
So what? We have a future...

Old
10-31-2003, 12:06 PM
DBL

Quote:
:moon:

Old
10-31-2003, 12:08 PM
TheBigBadB

Quote:
This wasn't their best game of the year, where were you against Toronto, Detroit? OK well, maybe you overrate a bit too much your team...
I think we don't miss talent, well maybe offensivly, but defensivly and in goal I think we win easily...
Théodore + Garon, maybe the best duo in this league. Garon could be a no 1 in a lot of teams...
Defensively...

dont think so..Only player worth anything is Markov right now...Just cause you think that Hainsey and Komi are gods in waiting they still havent proven jack, but no way would I trade Boynton for Breeze-by or Jilson that matter...

Goalie..still remains to be seen..Theo has to prove he wasnt a one hit wonder..and though he has played well..it is still to early to tell..same with the Bruin's goalies....

Old
10-31-2003, 12:08 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowL
:moon:
Good, that means I'm right...

Old
10-31-2003, 12:12 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadB
Defensively...

dont think so..Only player worth anything is Markov right now...Just cause you think that Hainsey and Komi are gods in waiting they still havent proven jack, but no way would I trade Boynton for Breeze-by or Jilson that matter...

Goalie..still remains to be seen..Theo has to prove he wasnt a one hit wonder..and though he has played well..it is still to early to tell..same with the Bruin's goalies....
The Habs defense proved that we were wrong. Souray, Markov, Brisebois, Rivet are playing pretty good hockey right now. Hainsey is slowly learning and Quintal is still a good defender. We have Komisarek, Hainsey that are going to be pretty good players and Archer, Beauchemin that can suprise a lot. Don't say we have a weak defense, this would be totally wrong.

Old
10-31-2003, 12:55 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Théodore + Garon, maybe the best duo in this league. ...
nope...try again
off the top of my head:

giguere/gerber
lalime/prusek
hasek/legace
dunham/markkanen
khabibulin/grahame

Old
10-31-2003, 01:03 PM
DBL

Quote:
Good, that means I'm right...
No, it means you have no clue what your talking about and I am mooding you for it...

You may supposely have a better future (who knows really), but make no mistake the Bruins have a great future also.

Old
10-31-2003, 04:37 PM
Ortdogg

Quote:

dont forget that joey t is only 23. sammy, jillson, boynton are all still babies that will be sticking around.

as far a future goes, i dont care what you have in your system i guarentee none of them compare to joe thornton or sergei samsonov.

flat out these 2 are a big part of our future. who do you have that can dominate a game by himself?

and as for the guy that said montreal would finish higher in the standings......what league do you watch? the bruins 3rd line center brian rolston have more pts than your no.1 scorer this year, you watch.

do you have anyone on your team who you can honestly say will get 30g this year?

zednik is nothing without koivu and koivu gets hurt if you spit on him, hes so weak. juneau was a 1 year wonder, perreault is washed up, ribero is like 90 lbs, audette ruined his carrer becoming a hab.........

face it, your offence is meant to be non-existent. look at czerkawski...he has 8 already this year, you guys sent him to the farm. and he has made a career with the islanders scoreing goals. he came to play for the habs a 30g man

bottom line.....horrible offence, average defence, streaky goalie($5mil\year) dosnt equal playoffs for you. sorry to be the one to break the news to you.

Old
10-31-2003, 05:30 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrtDogg19
dont forget that joey t is only 23. sammy, jillson, boynton are all still babies that will be sticking around.
Heh, heh, heh...how can you say that with Jeremy Jacobs as owner?

Quote:
as far a future goes, i dont care what you have in your system i guarentee none of them compare to joe thornton or sergei samsonov.
You can guarantee nothing.

Quote:
flat out these 2 are a big part of our future. who do you have that can dominate a game by himself?
Jose Theodore.

Quote:
and as for the guy that said montreal would finish higher in the standings......what league do you watch? the bruins 3rd line center brian rolston have more pts than your no.1 scorer this year, you watch..
I will watch...

Quote:
do you have anyone on your team who you can honestly say will get 30g this year?
No.

Quote:
zednik is nothing without koivu and koivu gets hurt if you spit on him, hes so weak. juneau was a 1 year wonder, perreault is washed up, ribero is like 90 lbs, audette ruined his carrer becoming a hab.........
Spit on Koivu? You are a dog. And Ribeiro is 167 lbs (soaking wet).

Quote:
face it, your offence is meant to be non-existent. look at czerkawski...he has 8 already this year, you guys sent him to the farm. and he has made a career with the islanders scoreing goals. he came to play for the habs a 30g man.
Hmmmm......an offense meant to be non-existant. Coach Julien has a new system, but I don't think that's it. And you can have Czerk any day. Wait, you already did have him.

Quote:
bottom line.....horrible offence, average defence, streaky goalie($5mil\year) dosnt equal playoffs for you. sorry to be the one to break the news to you.
Yes, we're horrid aren't we, but we have six victories, the same number the B's have. (All without our leading scorer, Captain Koivu.) Tell you what, I'm willing to say we're not as bad as you think. I'm willing to say we make the playoffs. I say we have better goaltending, better defense, a better owner, better manager, better coach, better fans, better hot dogs and better beer (Keiths) than the B's. Take that!

Old
10-31-2003, 06:13 PM
sarge88

Habs fans amaze me. The B's take 3 out of 4 points from them in 3 days and they come here to talk about how much better the Habs are than the B's and the only justification that (most) of them come up with is;

1. The Habs have won more cups in the past.
2. Their prospects might be better, very few of whom are currently playing significant minutes in the NHL.

As for the past, congratulations! I guess you have the edge in any hockey argument over every team except Detroit, Colorado, New Jersey and Dallas who have all won cups more recently than the Canadiens.

As for the future, I will make a hypothetical offer to any Canadien fan right now. The offer is this.... you trade to the Bruins, every Canadien player in the organIzation for every player in the Boston organIzation. Any Canadien fan with any common sense whatsoever, would make this deal in a heartbeat.

Old
10-31-2003, 07:51 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Exactly Darcy

Dude, what are you, Tucker316's fluffer?

Old
10-31-2003, 07:53 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Potvin played a heck of a game and really kept it close and got the B's a point. As for the Habs' offence, there is no doubt it is in a slump. It would have broken out better last night though if it wasn't for excellent goaltending. A lot of those 38 stops were first class.

It is also good to see that this age old rivalry is still alive and well, both on and off the ice!! I sure hope Boston can get more fans in the stands though, that is a nasty trend that is becoming far more common across the league and could be a real problem if the teams alienate the fans with a work stoppage next season.
Class act right here....Nice post....It's Habs fans like you that make this rivalry fun....

Old
10-31-2003, 07:54 PM
WBC8

Quote:
That will happen....IF you hold the newspaper upside down.....

Old
10-31-2003, 07:56 PM
WBC8

Quote:
The Habs defense proved that we were wrong. Souray, Markov, Brisebois, Rivet are playing pretty good hockey right now. Hainsey is slowly learning and Quintal is still a good defender. We have Komisarek, Hainsey that are going to be pretty good players and Archer, Beauchemin that can suprise a lot. Don't say we have a weak defense, this would be totally wrong.

Where's the "minor league player of the year" from 2002-03? Um, that's right, he's STILL in the minors...

Closed Thread