HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Discussion including Fantasy Talk, #12

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2011, 04:20 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
How about a nice big "Welcome back to the NHL, Crosby" hit?
Followed by a have a nice game misconduct penalty to whomever hits him. In all seriousness though, I'm curious to see how both how the refs treat him in his return and how he reacts to physical play. I'm sure the skill, speed, and technique will still be there, but after not playing for basically a year after what apparently was a serious head injury, I wonder if he will be skittish about going into the corners and crap like that.

Old
11-20-2011, 04:30 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Followed by a have a nice game misconduct penalty to whomever hits him. In all seriousness though, I'm curious to see how both how the refs treat him in his return and how he reacts to physical play. I'm sure the skill, speed, and technique will still be there, but after not playing for basically a year after what apparently was a serious head injury, I wonder if he will be skittish about going into the corners and crap like that.
If there was some noticeable premeditated treatment that would severely punish anyone that would touch Crosby, I think many GMs would be up in arms about how fixed it would be. With something like that, it would basically allow Crosby to get away with murder. Like if Crosby spears someone in the nuts, 2 minutes. Someone checks him, game misconduct. **** like that. Honestly, I'll just be happy to see what happens in his first game if he doesn't get a point.

Old
11-20-2011, 04:34 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Am I sick for wanting Crosby to have to play against Rinaldo a couple of times?

Old
11-20-2011, 04:34 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
If there was some noticeable premeditated treatment that would severely punish anyone that would touch Crosby, I think many GMs would be up in arms about how fixed it would be. With something like that, it would basically allow Crosby to get away with murder. Like if Crosby spears someone in the nuts, 2 minutes. Someone checks him, game misconduct. **** like that. Honestly, I'll just be happy to see what happens in his first game if he doesn't get a point.
I mean, I don't think it would be "fixed" really, but superstars get the calls one way or another, but especially the game's biggest player coming back from a year long head injury, I'm sure he'll draw a penalty or two. I think the GMs all expect it. They don't want to see Crosby go down, as much as Flyers fans hate him, he is the NHL at this point in time.

Old
11-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
Am I sick for wanting Crosby to have to play against Rinaldo a couple of times?
:|
No.

Old
11-20-2011, 07:38 PM
mirimon

Tomorrows opponent Carolina beats Toronto 3-2. Cam Ward was brilliant in net for the Hurricanes. Eric Staal had 2 assists was +2 and won 16 of 21 faceoffs, you could still see that he hasn't got complete confidence in himself out there though. Hopefully this wasn't his turnaround game of the season, but it waits two more games or so. Patrick Dwyer is a speedy little ******* and must be frustrating as hell to face as a dman, he only seems to be able to score against us though. The ****er. The 'Cane that impressed me most, besides Ward, tonight though was Justin Faulk. He defended well against Kessel a couple of times, which isn't the easiest thing to do at the moment. Two new goals for him, sixteen of the season so far.

Old
11-20-2011, 10:14 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Is it bad that I want to see Rinaldo hit Crosby? >_> <_<

Old
11-20-2011, 11:38 PM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Crosby back tomorrow night. Will the refs allow anyone to come near him without calling a penalty?
I believe sid is one good hit away from retirement he's been out for so long i can see it happening.......

Old
11-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
I believe sid is one good hit away from retirement he's been out for so long i can see it happening.......
As much as I dislike the Penguins I would hate to see that happen.

Old
11-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
As much as I dislike the Penguins I would hate to see that happen.
Yeah, same..

Also, i guess its pretty safe to say that Crosby has already won the Masterson?

Old
11-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Krishna

Currently 4 Crosby threads on the main boards :|

Old
11-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Currently 4 Crosby threads on the main boards :|
I dont see how they didnt merge everything into the one thread about Crosby returning??

Old
11-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I dont see how they didnt merge everything into the one thread about Crosby returning??
They were merging some.. but theres a few that got a lot of replies and they havent merged

Old
11-21-2011, 07:33 AM
decadentia

I'm definitely no fan of the Pens, but purely as a hockey fan I wouldn't want to see a generational talent go down again, the notion is kind of ****ed up even as a joke imo.

/old man winter

Old
11-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
I'm definitely no fan of the Pens, but purely as a hockey fan I wouldn't want to see a generational talent go down again, the notion is kind of ****ed up even as a joke imo.

/old man winter
I dont think anyone wants his out again.. I think we just want him healthy enough to not play?
Everybody is tired of hearing about the updates
I pretty much am staying off twitter today because it will be Crosby Central

Old
11-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Krishna

The way the main board is talking about Crosby, we might as well just give crosby every trophy and the cup.

Hasn't played a game in almost 10 or 11 months.. and now he could possibly win the art ross in 62 games?
Yeah, right

Old
11-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Krishna

Old
11-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Krishna

Old
11-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
I think this crosby fella is a big deal eh?

Old
11-21-2011, 11:43 AM
lancer247

I hate to see any player go down to injury but i would not mind seeing the Pens fans/organization get a dagger in their hearts if someone out crosby down again. I still remember watching the Pens bench and fans celebrating Lindros getting helped off the ice.

Rinaldo probably gets a game misconduct for being on the ice the same time as Crosby but I would ove to see him deliver one of his CLEAN, hits to Crosby.

Old
11-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Krishna

NOV 21, 2011
Morning Skate, No. 20
The Blue Jackets morning skate took an ugly turn less only 20 minutes into the proceedings. A Rick Nash shot rattled the mask of goaltender Steve Mason, sending Mason to his elbows and knees and requiring help from trainers.

Mason, who left the skate under his own power, will not play tonight because of a head injury, coach Scott Arniel said. Allen York has been recalled from minor-league Springfield and will serve as Curtis Sanford's back-up tonight vs. the Calgary Flames.

Blue Jackets just can't catch a break.. Or with Mason out, Can york be their savior?

Old
11-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
I hate to see any player go down to injury but i would not mind seeing the Pens fans/organization get a dagger in their hearts if someone out crosby down again. I still remember watching the Pens bench and fans celebrating Lindros getting helped off the ice.

Rinaldo probably gets a game misconduct for being on the ice the same time as Crosby but I would ove to see him deliver one of his CLEAN, hits to Crosby.
No matter what if Rinaldo touches Crosby in any way I think we all know its an automatic penalty. Its sad to say that but the refs will immediately call anything with that kid

Old
11-21-2011, 12:45 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

The Capitals rift: Boudreau wants Ovechkin to change, he refuses

I'm actually enjoying reading about Ovie being a problem child and the Cap lockeroom being dysfunctional! So much for Cup favorites..

I suspect Boudreau will be canned....

Quote:
The factors behind the Washington Capitals' recent swoon (3-6-1) and overall problems don't all trace back to Alex Ovechkin(notes). Or do they?

He's the captain and the catalyst, and Tarik El-Bashir of the Washington Post noted that in the Capitals' seasonal nadir — a 7-1 loss to the Maple Leafs — "Ovechkin's disinterest, it seemed, trickled down to everyone else on the roster."

If you believe there's a serious rift between Coach Bruce Boudreau and his star player, El-Bashir spells out what the sources of that rift could be:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp17910

Old
11-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Bruce needed to go ages ago. I actually don't have much fault with Ovechkin, he has plenty of reason to be disgruntled with Boudreau in this situation...Bruce is forever switching goaltenders and not letting either one get into a groove, he switches lines game to game, period to period, and shift to shift...chemistry isn't even a possibility. He throws crap against the wall and sees if it sticks, and there often isn't any rhyme or reason. It was clear over a year ago that Bruce can't coach that stacked team anywhere in a seven game series, but he stays around somehow.

Now if they bring in a hardass coach and OV continues being pouty and disinterested the Caps have a huge OV shaped problem.

11-21-2011, 01:04 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Would firing Bruce Boudreau make the Capitals a better team?

The criticisms of Boudreau remind me of the knocks against Lavi when the team swoons. All comes down to the players basically tuning out..seems like the Caps have it pretty bad right now...

Quote:
But there is a striking similarity between the Capitals' current plight and the waning days of the man Boudreau replaced: Old habits haven't been broken, the team looks like a disjointed mess on the ice and the time to seriously consider a difference voice, and approach, behind the bench has arrived -- and not just because McPhee refused to give Boudreau a vote of confidence last night.

The Capitals' 7-0 start masked many of problems that are now starkly apparent in their 3-7-1 swoon. From the Washington Post, before the Toronto Maple Leafs handed them their ***** in a 7-1 loss:

A constant theme in Washington's losses has been a stretch of sloppy or undisciplined play, ranging anywhere from five to 10 minutes or even an entire period. Most recently, in Thursday's 4-1 loss, the Winnipeg Jets scored three goals in less than five minutes of the second period when the Capitals repeatedly turned the puck over in their defensive end. The lapse put the game out of Washington's reach.

In Nashville on Tuesday, the Capitals gave up the lead in the final four minutes of regulation, breaking down defensively and costing themselves a win against the Predators. The Capitals' failures during these swoons have ranged from abandoning the team's system and missing defensive assignments to failing to forecheck aggressively and taking unnecessary penalties.
These are brutal...

Quote:
To me the first order of business for General Manager George McPhee is to sit down with head coach Bruce Boudreau and team captain Alexander Ovechkin to have a "clear the air" meeting because it looks like the entire hockey team is not listening to either one of its' leaders right now. Boudreau's constant line shuffling is not getting results and when the team captain is not giving 100% every shift the rest of the guys will start to take them off at some point, too. This team looks rudderless right now and if there is any strife in the locker room or between coaches and players it needs to be worked out, pronto. A Leafs squad that had several AHLers on it made a team some have picked to go to the Stanley Cup Finals look like the 1974-75 Caps. The horrible play on this recent road trip has to be a major concern.

Quote:
Teamlessness. It's not a word, but it's the best way to describe this team. Instead of a cohesive unit, we have a collection of individuals, each with his own unique pissy attitude. Equal to that bad mood is the bad hockey each has played. Even in hockey country— and at the biggest game of the week— the Washington Capitals are skulking grumps. Even with Coach Boudreau giving them the day off yesterday, the Capitals showed up as a bunch of poop-pants. Irritable and tense, this version of the team didn't stand a chance— and they never will until they wizen up.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp17855

Closed Thread