HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobrovsky

Old
11-20-2011, 11:38 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Your right! Stupid internet forums! Dont change your opinions!

But honestly you care alittle too much. HF has always been this way. HF and every other message board on the Flyers (and every other team out there from NHL to NFL to even soccer). I am on a few other ones and they are the same way. Look at some other teams forums. They do the same thing. I dont get why you get so upset about it.
I don't really read any other forums (here or elsewhere). I'll occasionally go on the main board or a different team board to ask a question about another team. Its not that I'm getting upset or it bothers me, it just seems like this board (and I only say this board because I don't know about other boards) is so back and forth constantly. I don't keep track of who is saying what, but it is just interesting to me how quickly the tone on this board changes. Could be the same people going back and forth, could be detractors keeping silent until something bad happens and optimistic people keeping silent until something good happens. I just enjoy it (hence the extreme "move to KC" posts I make after losses).

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:27 PM
bryzgalovsky*

vCash: 500
People keep saying it's just a couple games where Bobrovsky has looked bad.

But when he has looked bad (including games last season), it's always the same issues over and over again. Letting in the easy shots or looking lost when has to face a shooter alone.

The games we've won with him in the net are games when the other team didn't have many breakaways, or weren't smart enough to take those simple shots from the point that he lets in.

I've always been against starting him often until he gets that **** figure out.

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:33 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
It's depressing watching his trade value rapidly falling.

Saving a rebound off a shot from the point while 3 guys were screening him and he had to dive to make the first stop? No problem.

Saving a basic slap shot with no screening? Saving anything that comes on a breakaway/penalty shot/shootout? Not happening.

He has serious flaws that need to be worked out if he's ever going to be a starter.
sounds a lot like Niittymaki. Who many people insisted was a starting goalie in the NHL when we had him. He isnt. and either is Bobrovsky.
I remember when we had Niittymaki. It was the same thing, people insisted he was a starter and would defend him to the end of the earth and blame everyone but him for a bad start. he has been garbage this season.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

It's going to be funny should Bob flop this year, with everyone calling for homers head when he signed Bryz to essentially a life time contract.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:09 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
sounds a lot like Niittymaki. Who many people insisted was a starting goalie in the NHL when we had him. He isnt. and either is Bobrovsky.
I remember when we had Niittymaki. It was the same thing, people insisted he was a starter and would defend him to the end of the earth and blame everyone but him for a bad start. he has been garbage this season.
ITP: Being injured all year=Garbage.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:32 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

You guys are morons. Bob is a fookin rookie. No **** he is going to have growing pains. Give it another year or two before declaring he sucks.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:34 PM
RoDu

He was a rookie last year

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

I still like bobs. He had a bad game oh well.

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Mgkibbles

Bob is fine, worry about the defense in-front of him.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 03:27 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Bobrovsky is our backup goalie. Bryzgalov is our starter. This should just mean we will see more bryzgalov which is what i want. I get depressed when our 10 million dollar goalie is not in net.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:18 PM
MsWoof

Bob wasn't exactly the only reason for last night's loss. Pronger screwed up on more than one occasion, Briere has been invisible a good part of the season (except for penalties) and the team took too many penalties last night. Most of us knew the defensive play was going to suffer while the offense would be fine and that's just what happened and keeps on happening. Bob's adjusting to being the #2 and while he was in net for both WPG losses, the team sucked defensively. Let's also remember Bryz was in net for part of the first WPG game so it wasn't all on Bob.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
I still like bobs. He had a bad game oh well.
Thank you. It's not like he was the only one to get outplayed out there. If he had a bad game and that was the only reason we lost I could see some frustration. He wasn't...on to the next game.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:25 PM
bennysflyers16

Was tough watching Bob live, I was 2 rows behind the net and damn his positioning is terrible. So obvious why he is so bad on breakaways and shootouts, he is not set square to the shooter, he was lost on that shortie. Was at my end when he made those quick pad saves which were awesome, but that second goal was a back breaker.

Lavy ****ed up by not starting Bryz, Jets were playing too well, let Bob have Canes. Hope Bryz plays a ton now.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Flyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Thank you. It's not like he was the only one to get outplayed out there. If he had a bad game and that was the only reason we lost I could see some frustration. He wasn't...on to the next game.
On to the next game indeed. Ugly loss but it's over with.

Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 05:40 PM
McNasty

Meltzer put it best when he pointed out that currently Bob just doesn't have the ability to make those game changing saves. Classic example was that shorthanded goal to Slater. I'm not saying it was a soft goal but it's the type of save you have to make to keep your team in the game.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 06:00 PM
jb**

the early results look like bob isnt cut out to be a backup. he needs to play more and find a grove. that isnt going to happen here. he really has no trade value alone in a deal. this is going to be a wasted year development wise. maybe last year was a mirage. not like he was this high profile goalie to begin with

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:57 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
ITP: Being injured all year=Garbage.
I obviously wasnt talking about Nittymaki this year. It was a typo on my part. Bobrovsky hasnt been very good this year. When he came in last year nobody knew who this kid was. he was great and seemed to be on his way. then teams picked up on his flaws. Since then he hasnt been able to correct his flaws in his game. Some of the things we saw late last year are creeping up this year. He is still young, and hes got potential but I dont know if trading him right now is the best option. his trade value probably isnt high. 3-1-1 3.77 and a save percentage of .877 isnt going to cut it. at any level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I don't understand why they can't send him to Adirondack. I've read that he would have to pass through waivers, but that doesn't make any sense, considering he's only a second year player. Bob needs to be playing lots and sitting back watching Bryzgalov does him no good. Call up Cash and send down Bob so that he can get his game on track. Simple as that.
The Flyers are in a tough spot. they cant send down Bobrovsky. Leighton needs to go on recall waivers and there is no way in hell I want Jason Bacashihua up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
yup, that game where Bobrovsky replaced Boucher when Boucher injured his finger cost the Flyers the ability to send down Bobrovsky to the AHL w/o waivers. I beleive he only played a few minutes or so but it was enough to get him to the 60 game limit.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:07 AM
WeekendAtBernies

I would really, really like us to find a horse that looks like they could be a lottery team and trade Bob + our 2012 1st for that team's 2012 1st. Get in on the Yakupov / Grigorenko / Murray sweepstakes.

The ideal team would obviously be CBJ. A lot of fans have already resigned themselves to "fail for Nail" over there, but w/ the talent on that team, I'm not sure if the owners agree. They REALLY need a young, talented goalie like Bob. Would they be willing to gamble that the team starts playing up to their potential?

Other candidates would include: Islanders, Jets, Devils, etc.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 06:21 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I would really, really like us to find a horse that looks like they could be a lottery team and trade Bob + our 2012 1st for that team's 2012 1st. Get in on the Yakupov / Grigorenko / Murray sweepstakes.

The ideal team would obviously be CBJ. A lot of fans have already resigned themselves to "fail for Nail" over there, but w/ the talent on that team, I'm not sure if the owners agree. They REALLY need a young, talented goalie like Bob. Would they be willing to gamble that the team starts playing up to their potential?

Other candidates would include: Islanders, Jets, Devils, etc.
I don't know if I would look at the Blue Jackets roster and say "This team really needs a young, talented but unproven goalie.". Not that I would mind that trade (hopefully we can add some cheap solid backup somehow later on as well). NYI needs to rid themselves of a goalie atm, I think. Not add one. Jets have Pavelec, not sure they'd look at adding a youngster, though they could perhaps use an upgrade.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:57 AM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
I would have traded him off and kept Boosh as a backup.

The Cheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
The early results look like bob isnt cut out to be a backup. he needs to play more and find a grove. that isnt going to happen here. he really has no trade value alone in a deal. this is going to be a wasted year development wise. maybe last year was a mirage. not like he was this high profile goalie to begin with
At the moment I agree it's not what's best for him, in the future though, why not? Bob needs to work on his foundation as a goalie (consistent execution of technique and arriving in the shot lane "square, prepared and on time"*).

*Or "S.P.O.T.", if you're familiar with Brian Daccord's books.

Old
11-21-2011, 09:16 AM
goodrev

if you recall last year Bob had a stellar pre season and won the opening day start, and from that day his play steadily declined throughout the year to the point where they were looking to someone else during the playoffs.

It was a bad situation when this team recalled michael leighton who spent 80% of the year in the minors to potentially start in the playoffs because our goalies were playing so bad.

Bob until he develops a little gumption and consistency will be a perrenial back up. I hope we can move him for a good piece or prospect later in the year as he is only going to waste away on our bench with the 51 million dollar man starting in net for the next 9 years.

goodrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Always: We shouldve signed Vokoun

Sorry, I had to be that guy.
Vokouns not exactly all staring it up right now

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:34 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Both Bob and Bryz seem like goalies that do better with a larger workload whether it's shots or games played. Bryz being the veteran guy that he is has adjusted to less shots and games better thus far whereas Bob seems to have regressed somewhat but he's hasn't been horrible. I just think he tries too hard and it's really difficult to be a backup in this league especially as a young player like him still trying to prove himself. Anyway, what we are seeing is that the dude is still developing and this is why it was sooo important to go after a workhorse goalie like Bryz. We just couldn't afford a situation where Bob turns out to be a Nitty like some have mentioned. I do think he'll be better than Nitty but it remains to be seen.

Signing Vokoun who has just a few more years left in him and then Bob possibly turning out to be a Nitty would have been another unmitigated goaltending FAIL. Say what you will about Bryz's contract which is not ideal but what would have been worse would be a Beezer/Biron situation with Vokoun and then being back to square 1 because Bob is possibly not cut out to be a number 1 despite him saying he's better than Bryz....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodrev View Post
if you recall last year Bob had a stellar pre season and won the opening day start, and from that day his play steadily declined throughout the year to the point where they were looking to someone else during the playoffs.
I thought they were fine with Bob in net but he begged out of the job? I read that somewhere. Who knows whether that's credible or not. At any rate your comment about the quality of his play being on a steady decline is inaccurate.

His save percentage was 91.5% through the end of December. From the start of January till the end of March his save percentage was 92.0%. He had a bad April with a save percentage of 88%, but that was also only a four game sample. So from the start of the season to the end of December he had a 91.5% save percentage. From the End of December to the end of the season he had a 91.4% save percentage (91.46% to be precise). He was inconsistent from month to month, but that is goalies in general. What's more, his trouble areas have been the same the whole time. There hasn't been a ton of improvement in them, but he is definitely as consistent as most other goalies.