HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty on pace for 35+ goal season

View Poll Results: Does Max Pacioretty get over or under 35.5 goals?
Over 73 35.78%
Under 131 64.22%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Habs Junkie

vCash: 500
Pacioretty on pace for 35+ goal season

Actually it's a little over 36 if you want to nitpick but definitely a great start by Wolverine.!

I want to know, do you guys think he gets over 35.5 or under.
(for those of you bad in math, 36 and higher is over, 35 and lower is under)

I say over if he's healthy, he's a beast! Probably why I went all crazy last year during that whole incident. We finally saw that true power forward we've been looking for and loosing him like that was heartbreaking as a fan. But he's back, stronger faster better then ever and is tearing it up!

9 goals 8 assists in 20 games on pace for 36 goals and 32 assists for a 68 point season.

Go Pacs Go!!!

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:44 AM
Habs Junkie

Ahhh wait I didn't make the poll... I have to figure out how to edit it

Last edited by Habs Junkie: 11-21-2011 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Fixed problem
Old
11-21-2011, 01:46 AM
The Right Price

If everything goes smoothly for him this season I think he'll end up with 30-30 or 35-30 if he gets PP time with Markov as the QB.

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:47 AM
Talks to Goalposts

He's not on a shooting percentage binge like say Kessel. There's a pretty good chance he's actually this good. A 3.6 shot per game rate is pretty darn good too.

Even if he cools off some, his first 30 goal year should be well within his grasp.

Edit: I took the under but that's because I figured there would be a decent chance he misses some games. I believe he's a consistent 30+ goals per 80 games player given appropriate usage (linemates, role etc.) Which puts him in some pretty select company as far as forwards go.

Last edited by Talks to Goalposts: 11-21-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:56 AM
Mike8

Under, but would expect around 30 goals.

Don't see him as a powerforward, though.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:58 AM
BobbyFischer*

I say he gets better and better as the season goes and pots 38 goals.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:06 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Under, but would expect around 30 goals.

Don't see him as a powerforward, though.
No? What do you categorize him as then?

Old
11-21-2011, 02:08 AM
ashtraygirl

I don't see him scoring 30+ this season.

I'd be real happy with 25 goals or more, though!

ashtraygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:10 AM
Mike8

A scoring winger?

Many label wingers who have size and offensive abilities as powerforwards, and that's fine. To me, however, a powerforward plays with more brute force, plays a meaner game, etc. Lucic fits the bill. Clowe, too. Pacioretty and Cole (more the latter) play with some power, but generally aren't players opposing defensemen have to be aware of for their physical games. Neither impose their will a great deal out there physically either.

This is semantics, though, and not relevant to your poll.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:22 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
A scoring winger?

Many label wingers who have size and offensive abilities as powerforwards, and that's fine. To me, however, a powerforward plays with more brute force, plays a meaner game, etc. Lucic fits the bill. Clowe, too. Pacioretty and Cole (more the latter) play with some power, but generally aren't players opposing defensemen have to be aware of for their physical games. Neither impose their will a great deal out there physically either.

I consider cole a power forward. You don't need to be mean and fight to use your body and play a power game. Pacioretty is more of a scoring winger, I can agree with that but cole does sometimes go directly in traffic and plays a power game.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:29 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I consider cole a power forward. You don't need to be mean and fight to use your body and play a power game. Pacioretty is more of a scoring winger, I can agree with that but cole does sometimes go directly in traffic and plays a power game.
Sure, he does. And I'm not trying to state that my view on powerforward is necessarily the right one. Cole goes to the net, hits with great frequency, and is physically engaged in virtually every game. To me, he'd need to be a good deal more imposing and meaner to be a powerforward, but that's semantics.

Pacioretty, on the other hand, I see less of an argument for him being a 'powerforward'.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:36 AM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Sure, he does. And I'm not trying to state that my view on powerforward is necessarily the right one. Cole goes to the net, hits with great frequency, and is physically engaged in virtually every game. To me, he'd need to be a good deal more imposing and meaner to be a powerforward, but that's semantics.

Pacioretty, on the other hand, I see less of an argument for him being a 'powerforward'.

Mind you, I'm fine with a "Scoring winger with size who goes to the net".

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:45 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
Mind you, I'm fine with a "Scoring winger with size who goes to the net".
Indeed. Especially if that's accompanied by: can score 30-35 goals, play solid fundamentals, play in match-up situations, and can carry & distribute the puck.

I wrongly felt in the past that Pacioretty's passing game was more his strength than his shot. But I felt that way because his passing game is actually pretty solid. He can carry the puck and contribute to transition-offense a great deal.

On the topic of his passing game: it'll be interesting to see how he evolves on the PP especially. He's been on the sideboards more of late, whereas his time on the PP used to exclusively be down at the goal line (and he was very effective from there).

Old
11-21-2011, 02:46 AM
FF de Mars

Over because of Markov

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:57 AM
BobbyFischer*

Pacioretty was showing huge flashes of becoming a power forward, but that was pre-Chara Pacioretty.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:59 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
A scoring winger?

agreed on Pacc, disagree on Cole though - his game is all about power.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:15 AM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Pacioretty was showing huge flashes of becoming a power forward, but that was pre-Chara Pacioretty.
Are you serious? I didn't see Pacioretty's game changed one bit.

He still plays the same.

Boardish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:31 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
Are you serious? I didn't see Pacioretty's game changed one bit.

He still plays the same.
I'm dead serious.

It's a very slight subtle difference. You'd have to re-watch the tapes to see probably.

He is not as eager and willing to get physical too, this is clear.

Frankly.. this is a normal reaction after suffering a traumatic event such as a concussion, especially the way he did.

Think of it this way... I lift weights, and I do heavy deadlifts.. I have hurt my back before and had to take 2 months off working out for it to heal and I couldn't lift even 5-10lbs without possibly getting horrible back spasms. So now when I deadlift that injury is always somewhere in the back of my head.. it's not a bad thing, it makes me less likely to get injured in the future by becoming more aware of my posture and whatnot. It's just.. one of those things, it's only natural.

Last edited by BobbyFischer*: 11-21-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old
11-21-2011, 04:16 AM
Mr. Hab

20 goals, 25 goals, 30 goals...doesn't matter to me (it's all good!).

As long as he stays healthy and keeps his head up like he has been (good for him and our Habs) and continues playing the way he does. He palyed so risky in the beginning of his NHL career (kept getting killed along the boards...I don't really see that now...great adjustment).

Most important...for him to stay healthy for the entire playoffs (I know, let's make it first). It's actually amazing that he is playing so well especially after what Chara pulled on him (almost killed him).

HEALTH...it's all about his health (so glad he's healthy and playing the way he does...that's what we should be so happy about, imo). So glad he is having a great season and Chara didn't ruin him.

I still hate Chara so much (hate is a cute word for how I really feel about Chara and his *swear word* ogre face...I'm sure his wife married him for his $$$$ and not his *bad word* face, there's no doubt about it). I want to write more about how much I despise Chara and how he could have ruined our Pacioretty, but I don't want to get suspended!

Go Pacioretty Go!! (keep keeping your head up and stay healthy)

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 11-21-2011 at 04:47 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 04:22 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
20 goals, 25 goals, 30 goals...doesn't matter to me.

As long as he stays healthy and keeps his head up like he has been (good for him and our Habs) and continues playing the way he does.
Most important...for him to stay healthy for the entire playoffs (I know, let's make it first). It's actually amazing that he is playing so well especially after what Chara pulled on him (almost killed him).

HEALTH...it's all about his health (so glad he's healthy and playing the way he does...that's what we should be so happy about, imo). So glad he is having a great season and Chara didn't ruin him.

I still hate Chara so much (hate is a cute word for how I really feel about Chara and his *swear word* ogre face...I'm sure his wife married him for his $$$$ and not his *bad word* face, there's no doubt about it). I want to write more about how much I despise Chara and how he could have ruined our Pacioretty, but I don't want to get suspended!

Go Pacioretty Go!! (keep keeping your head up and stay healthy)
And then the Bruins GM calling it a "strong hockey play".. lol.

Old
11-21-2011, 04:49 AM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
agreed on Pacc, disagree on Cole though - his game is all about power.
I agree, sometimes I find myself disappointed with Pacioretty, he seems to float a bit, but as long he gets 25 plus goals I'll never have a problem with him. He's still young, so the power part of his game may develop.

I voted under, but I expect 25-30g without injuries.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 04:59 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
I'm dead serious.

It's a very slight subtle difference. You'd have to re-watch the tapes to see probably.

He is not as eager and willing to get physical too, this is clear.

Frankly.. this is a normal reaction after suffering a traumatic event such as a concussion, especially the way he did.

Think of it this way... I lift weights, and I do heavy deadlifts.. I have hurt my back before and had to take 2 months off working out for it to heal and I couldn't lift even 5-10lbs without possibly getting horrible back spasms. So now when I deadlift that injury is always somewhere in the back of my head.. it's not a bad thing, it makes me less likely to get injured in the future by becoming more aware of my posture and whatnot. It's just.. one of those things, it's only natural.
He's still injured, you're aware of that right?

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 05:10 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
And then the Bruins GM calling it a "strong hockey play".. lol.
Strong play my *dirty word*.

For example...let's say our Jarred Tinordi (in the future) led and then shoved Tyler Seguin into a stanchion/turnbuckle almost killing or paralyzing Seguin for life...I really doubt our GM would say it was a ''strong hockey play''.

Revenge...that's what it was and it went unpunished.
I want to forget about it 'cause it just makes me angry.

I guess everyone can learn a lesson here...give a shove to Chara (sleeping giant became a violent giant seeking violent revenge) and he will remember it and try to kill you (now or later on) and the league will ignore the entire event and ignore what it obviously was...revenge (not sure I believe in karma after Chara won a Cup...Thomas deserved it but not Chara;Lucic;the dman who gave the finger ; Horton,etc).

Ok, I better stop 'cause right now I'm so happy that Pacioretty is doing well and is super healthy. We should all be ecstatic that we have a healthy and productive Pacioretty (17pts in 20games , you know his agent is salivating for more $$$$).

Go Pacioretty Go!! (keep it up! and also keep keeping your head up)

p.s.: Pacioretty is a scoring winger with size and some punch...and/or power forward (or not) I like what I see from Pacioretty especially that he's healthy and playing well and being more careful out there (since there are so many headhunters). He great for any line...the 1st, the 2nd, and even the 3rd (ex: Pacioretty-Eller-Desharnais or Moen).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 11-21-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 07:04 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

i'd say he gets 36 tonight vs the bruins

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 07:42 AM
neofury*

If Markov comes back and stays healthy I could see this guy getting 40g even if he stays healthy. I'd like to see how long he can keep this pace up for though. Even 30g would be great for a young player.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote