HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

11/19/11 - St. Lous Blues @ Minnesota Wild (7:00 PM CST) FS-N (HD)

Old
11-20-2011, 12:58 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Completely agree... was thinking without Schultz's shutdown ability, we would be sunk... yet Schultz's shutdown ability looks rather pedestrian, and it's guys like Scandella, Spurgeon and now Falk taking that lead.
They can chew up minutes and chip in a little bit offensively too.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:12 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
It's scary thinking about the future of this team.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:13 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Good to see Kaptain Koivu taking names and kicking ass.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:26 AM
edgevolution
GO USA!

Reading to main board thread, it sounds like it was a pretty good game! Hope the boys can keep it up. The one thing that would make my year is if we made the playoffs and the Canucks didn't

edgevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 03:03 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

vCash: 50
So a minor emergency popped up before I could make it to bed that I had to tend to and when I got home I watched the Edmonton/Chicago game...holy ****, I've seen curb stomping, but never like that.

And of course, not a single mention of the fact that were now first place overall on either NHL.com or ESPN.com/nhl

We need to keep winning if for nothing else but to spite the sports media that continues to ignore us.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:01 AM
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

00xtremeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 05:28 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Koivu goes Beast Mode!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 07:40 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Fun game to be at last night.

Really love that Blues squad and it's the primary reason as to why I want this team in a division with that squad. They like to play a rough and tumble game and it brings out the best in a Wild team which will generally oblige. Just makes for an entertaining game, especially with all the hometown guys.

Like how Koivu basically said **** to his critics.

Dislike Prosser to no end. Wish a few players would get back so he can be moved out of the line-up.

Falk continues to impress. Plays a simple and effective game. Still gets pushed around a little too much for my liking but at least he's attempting to use his frame. If he can build upon that over the off-season, he's got some long-term staying power.

Really enjoyed that the refs let the teams play. Makes for a much more enjoyable game.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Hi guys blues fan here, had to stop by and say that was damn good game. Wish we woulda got the win though (we needed the extra point more than you.) Whoever said defensive hard hitting games aren't entertaning should watch this game.

Congrats at sitting on the top of the league, loving that some of these unappreciated teams are kicking ***** and teams like Detroit and Vancouver are struggling.

Also, I really hoping now that the Wings go east and you guys join the central, you can already feel a little bit of bad blood brewing between these two teams and this could turn into a damn good rivalry. Especially with arguably the two best prospects in the world (Granlund and Tarasenko) joining the teams next year.

Good luck the rest of the way, here is to Blues/Wild WCF.

Blanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:28 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanick View Post
Hi guys blues fan here, had to stop by and say that was damn good game. Wish we woulda got the win though (we needed the extra point more than you.) Whoever said defensive hard hitting games aren't entertaning should watch this game.

Congrats at sitting on the top of the league, loving that some of these unappreciated teams are kicking ***** and teams like Detroit and Vancouver are struggling.

Also, I really hoping now that the Wings go east and you guys join the central, you can already feel a little bit of bad blood brewing between these two teams and this could turn into a damn good rivalry. Especially with arguably the two best prospects in the world (Granlund and Tarasenko) joining the teams next year.

Good luck the rest of the way, here is to Blues/Wild WCF.
Ohhh...that could be interesting. Good luck to you guys as well. You guys look strong and will no doubt be moving on up.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:54 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Falk continues to impress. Plays a simple and effective game. Still gets pushed around a little too much for my liking but at least he's attempting to use his frame. If he can build upon that over the off-season, he's got some long-term staying power.
It seems like after every game I think to myself "well Falk was physical here, but he needs to step up a little more if he wants to earn more minutes." Then I look at the TOI and Falk leads the team again.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:12 AM
countrygentleman
John Frusciante

Just got around to watching Koivu's goals. Not that impressed quite frankly. The shorthanded effort was a thing of beauty but I'm not sure what Halak was doing. Didn't hug the post or even really make an effort to cover the corners once Koivu stepped out from the line. Was a nice shot, under the bar, I'll give him that.

The PP goal really bugs not so much for how he scored it but more for Russo saying something like "Koivu had fanned on a lot of one-timers up until then. He was gripping the stick too tight. He's definitely not now."

Did Russo see the goal? Koivu nearly flubbed it like every other one-time this season. A one-timer in that situation should be a laser into the net. That shot was more of a bumble bee floating into the net. He's still gripping the stick too hard.

Anyways, I'm happy we won. Good to see Koivu score two, hopefully he'll get going now. Just not convinced that Koivu is really primed to breakout.

countrygentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

vCash: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman View Post
Just got around to watching Koivu's goals. Not that impressed quite frankly. The shorthanded effort was a thing of beauty but I'm not sure what Halak was doing. Didn't hug the post or even really make an effort to cover the corners once Koivu stepped out from the line. Was a nice shot, under the bar, I'll give him that.

The PP goal really bugs not so much for how he scored it but more for Russo saying something like "Koivu had fanned on a lot of one-timers up until then. He was gripping the stick too tight. He's definitely not now."

Did Russo see the goal? Koivu nearly flubbed it like every other one-time this season. A one-timer in that situation should be a laser into the net. That shot was more of a bumble bee floating into the net. He's still gripping the stick too hard.

Anyways, I'm happy we won. Good to see Koivu score two, hopefully he'll get going now. Just not convinced that Koivu is really primed to breakout.
Thats just digging out negatives. How many would have chased that puck, gotten it and tried to make a play on SH? How does it matter how the pucks end in the net if it ends up in the net, as long as you know that Kiovu can and could have made a perfect finish on that PP, this time he didn't but it certainly boosted his confidence all the same.

Foxlockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:40 AM
ford0016

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

Theres a story!

ford0016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:51 AM
countrygentleman
John Frusciante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post
Thats just digging out negatives. How many would have chased that puck, gotten it and tried to make a play on SH? How does it matter how the pucks end in the net if it ends up in the net, as long as you know that Kiovu can and could have made a perfect finish on that PP, this time he didn't but it certainly boosted his confidence all the same.
Just wanted to point out on the one-timer that this is the only way he'll continue to score, more or less by luck. Keep throwing weak one-timers on net and you're not likely to score (and Koivu hasn't). Maybe one in x-amounts will go. That is what we saw. That one in however many Koivu has flubbed.

You rocket one-timers toward the net and you're chances of scoring go up. Koivu had a prime chance to do that and he failed again, although he did score.

countrygentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:05 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman View Post
Just wanted to point out on the one-timer that this is the only way he'll continue to score, more or less by luck. Keep throwing weak one-timers on net and you're not likely to score (and Koivu hasn't). Maybe one in x-amounts will go. That is what we saw. That one in however many Koivu has flubbed.

You rocket one-timers toward the net and you're chances of scoring go up. Koivu had a prime chance to do that and he failed again, although he did score.
Have you ever watched Koivu play? The one-timer is one of the less important parts of his repertoire.

Old
11-21-2011, 10:18 AM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Have you ever watched Koivu play? The one-timer is one of the less important parts of his repertoire.
You're talking to a wall, man. Talking to a wall.

BuddyMcCormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:22 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
You're talking to a wall, man. Talking to a wall.
Dave's not here man.