HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus at Nashville | 11/19 8PM EST | "Vintage" Edition

Old
11-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Halfboard
New Look

vCash: 500
Double figures in points..................they're on their way!

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
Of all games not to watch.....
Same here bro.

When I saw the score I was immediately thrilled for all the CBJ fans who went there to see it.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Same here bro.

When I saw the score I was immediately thrilled for all the CBJ fans who went there to see it.
This was also the first game this year that I didn't watch - got family visiting. Sounds like it was a great one, and I'm happy for the team and the Jacket backers down there.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:56 AM
RBarRegular

Unbelievable game to be at. Honestly, I'm still excited about it. Go Jackets!

RBarRegular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Damn... I actually fell asleep shortly after Carter's goal Wish I could have seen the rest of the game. Oh well, sounds like it was good anyway

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 09:32 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
Clitsome, Moore, and Calvert were barely on the ice in the third period during the prevent defense phase of the game. I still don't understand why Calvert is playing with us if Arniel doesn't trust him. Send him to Springfield and bring up a more experienced player like Drazenovic or even Ryan Russell and see what they can do. Eight minutes a night on the fourth line isn't going far in developing Calvert.
Russell? Better not because Arniel could mistake and put him to the defense...

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:29 PM
MFRONE

It would be nice to win a game in regulation down there...

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Bure

vCash: 50
Arniel really trusts Nikitin it seems.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 02:58 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Arniel really trusts Nikitin it seems.
He is his type of a player, big, skill, great in the front of own net, has a good ice-vision. Niktin is a type what I wanted and we get him so cheap...

Factically, Hitch helped us...

Last edited by mt-svk: 11-20-2011 at 03:23 PM.
mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:45 PM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Happy for you guys =) I'm sure it felt good to see both Carter and Wiz scoring their first goals of the season!

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 05:47 PM
squarelaces

Before this gets lost in the fog, I'd like to give a big shoutout to Boller. He picked the wrong dance partner, got his nose broken early on and that is why he stayed turned away, but he didn't stop fighting. Next time he's seen on camera he's returning to the bench with that sideways nose -each nostril stuffed full of cotton and he's wearing a visor. The visor lasted one shift. Jared played his regular shifts the rest of the game. I didn't notice him holding back either. Old Time Hockey.

squarelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 11:17 PM
bizzz*

You should love Vinny Prospal only for his reaction after he scored.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 06:42 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarelaces View Post
Before this gets lost in the fog, I'd like to give a big shoutout to Boller. He picked the wrong dance partner, got his nose broken early on and that is why he stayed turned away, but he didn't stop fighting. Next time he's seen on camera he's returning to the bench with that sideways nose -each nostril stuffed full of cotton and he's wearing a visor. The visor lasted one shift. Jared played his regular shifts the rest of the game. I didn't notice him holding back either. Old Time Hockey.

I didn't realize the nose was broken. Poor kid!! I don't think he picked that one. I think he came after Boller and you know Boll doesn't turn down too many dances. One thing I think Boll deserves is the recognition for giving as good as he gets. He was on the receiving end of some mighty strong hits but he matched the intensity pound for pound. I was pretty proud. He's all about the Honor and making the statement that he is Union Blue and he came to defend. To me, Boll is what I want to see in my team. I want a man who will show up every game and take a stand to say "You might beat my ass but I'm not afraid of you, I'm gonna make you beat me and even then I'm gonna go down swinging." If they all brought that attitude, we'd be unstoppable.

And while we are talking about dancing, gotta give an atta boy to Dorsett. At times it looked like midget wrestling and funny as hell but he's another one that brings it and is willing to put his money where his mouth is. Good job!

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Hooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarelaces View Post
Bolls is very underestimated in these forums. People like him and Dorsett are very valuable to teams. I agree that Dorsett takes some stupid penalties but he brings it every night and i think he is getting better on the PK.

I just wish we could bring in a heavy weight to take some of the fighting away from Boll. Soon as i seen McGrattan was in the game i knew that Boller was in trouble.

Go Jackets.

Hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:06 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

I am not a huge fan of Boll, but not because I think he sucks but because of the roll he is in/takes on. I really wish he could/would go out there and just play and not worry about fighting and trying to get the big hit. I think he has the skill to be a very good 3rd or 4th liner if he would be able to give up the goon roll.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Hooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
I am not a huge fan of Boll, but not because I think he sucks but because of the roll he is in/takes on. I really wish he could/would go out there and just play and not worry about fighting and trying to get the big hit. I think he has the skill to be a very good 3rd or 4th liner if he would be able to give up the goon roll.

I agree. I think staged "Goon" fighting has no place in the NHL.

I do think that Boll is one of the better hitters in the league and that he should keep doing it legally of course.

The fighting that i like to see comes from raw emotion when people who do not normally fight have a go at it after a bad hit or have simply been pestered enough. Its what makes the sport honorable an makes each player accountable for their actions.

Hooks is offline   Reply With Quote