HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets @ Predators ~~ November 19th, 2011 7:00pm

Old
11-21-2011, 05:47 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
As I said, mostly, Klein has been much better this year.

Suter proves his worth time and time again with solid play every night. For every 1 play he could have done better, he's got 20 plays that he played perfectly.

Suter had no chance to do anything different on the goal by Carter. The turnover put him into a bad spot.

Klein's positioning on the tap in rebound was horrible. He allowed the Columbus player to stand right by the crease, below him, and when the rebound popped out, Klein was too far away to do anything about it.

On the overtime shot, it was off the face off, so it's not like Klein was forced into a bad position. He could either move out of the shooting lane, skate forward to challenge the shot, or block the shot. What he did was stand in the shooting lane and then flinch out of the way when the puck came. Rinne couldn't see the shot and Klein failed to block it.

To be fair, it looked like Rinne's positioning was a bit bad too. He didn't move quite far enough to his right.

I like every player on this team. I don't hate Klein and I don't think he's the worst D-man in the league. In fact, I think he's played much better this year than last year. But, he could have made far better plays on those two plays.
Remember, he took a shot shortly before Prospal scores the second goal. He was a bit dazed from it. Might want to cut a guy some slack after being slightly injured on the play. Just saying.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:17 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
havent read all the thread but in case someone hasnt already said it... reality check folks.. we are 6-1-3 in our last 10... we played a bad game saturday and still got a point

Klein had a bad game but he's still better than every other defenseman in our system not named Weber or Suter.

Sanford left a ton of rebounds.. if we play anywhere near our usual ability we would score 5 or 6 goals.

Chicago seems to be sputtering... if we keep getting points in our bad games and winning our good ones, we are gonna be a very happy fan base...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:23 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Couldn't agree more.

Plus, we just got Legwand back. Once he gets situated, we will have a full team (for now).

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:52 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Remember, he took a shot shortly before Prospal scores the second goal. He was a bit dazed from it. Might want to cut a guy some slack after being slightly injured on the play. Just saying.
agreed. I actually blame Pekka more than I blame Klein. Everyone knew Klein was laboring on the play and since Klein struggled to get over, Pekka should have squared up on Prospal instead of playing half facing Prospal and half facing the back-door guy (that Klein had covered due to his injury).

I don't get the hate on Klein at all. He is very good at stopping the cycling down low. He has to cover his d-partner and all his turnovers (yes, I'm talking about you Cube) and isn't a great puck-mover himself. I think we need a good puck-mover on a line with Klein so that Klein can work on shutting down cycles and they move the puck out. Whether that be Josi or Blum. Cube, to me, has been the biggest disappointment this year at the blueline. He is struggling to stop cycles, is having trouble clearing the puck, and hasn't been throwing his body around like he did pre-injury last year.

To me, Klein is one of THE BEST skaters in the NHL. His strength, balance, and speed on his skates are topps. I just wish his hands and passing would follow suit.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote