HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Gm #20 Kings v RedWings, 11/19/11 - POST GAME LOSE, THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
It was a one o'clock game, what'd we expect?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 10:45 AM
mysteryman

When was the last time the Team won a game it should have lost that couldnt be solely credited to Quick? When was the last time we saw the team visibly rattled the other team gaining momentum to which TM did anything to stop said momentum? When was the last time TM sent out the 4th line to send a message? When was the last time that the team came out flat and TM showed a little emotion and tried to light a fire under them?

These are all valid questions that in an NHL most coaches employ one or some of these strategies at some point in the season that we have yet to see TM employ arguably at any point in his tenure as Kings coach. Quite Frankly, i wish we had Randy Carlyle.

mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 10:58 AM
LaFan1967

6 hour time shift for the Kings - probably pre game nap time for them , 3 hour
time shift for the Wings - closer to pre game skate for them , no wonder one
team looked ready to play and one did not

The NHL should only schedule afternoon games between teams based in the
same time zones.

LaFan1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

1 thing the kings need to do, if they want to score more goals, is to get Doughty to start actually generating some offence. He is on the ice for half the game, yet isn't generating anything offensively at even strength. Plus he is slowly but surely morphing in Stoll on the pp. He refuses to move from the blue line, and now has a sighworthy tendency of trying to put every shot through the keeper and just hits the glass over and over

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 11:25 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I'm not making excuses for the poor play in yesterday's game, but c'mon people games like this happen over the course of an 82-game schedule.
Actually, this is a fair statement, but it would be refreshing to see a similar comment when they kick the crap out of another team.

FWIW, the Clippers were originally scheduled to play last night at Staples.

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:09 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
1 thing the kings need to do, if they want to score more goals, is to get Doughty to start actually generating some offence. He is on the ice for half the game, yet isn't generating anything offensively at even strength. Plus he is slowly but surely morphing in Stoll on the pp. He refuses to move from the blue line, and now has a sighworthy tendency of trying to put every shot through the keeper and just hits the glass over and over
Unfortunately that would be pointless -- he actually did "generate" offense last year but 1 dman won't beat the entire defense. Time after time he would artfully carry the puck in and be ready for an open shot or easy pass into the slot and the rest of the team would just be standing on the perimeter watching -- who does he think he is?.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:42 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I watched the 1st period then had to run some errands (get my Xbox360 fixed) so I thought the Kings played great!

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 01:58 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Just one of those games. Easily forgettable.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
– The Kings are 3-7-3 this season when they scored two or fewer goals, compared to 7-0-0 when they score at least three goals.

5 games with 3 or more regulation goals. 20 games into the season. 24th ranked offense. Being outscores 5-on-5.

Kings are 19th in points percentage.

Not exactly where I thought the Kings would be. I guess it's time to blow up the roster since Murray is just fine.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 07:13 PM
bobafettish*

16 games with 2 or fewer goals, disgusting.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:23 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

A couple years ago all of these problems could be blamed on the players. We have good players now. Time to start putting the blame on the coach because having trouble scoring 2 or more goals isn't cutting it. TM has these guys playing average hockey and fans shouldn't settle for that. This team has been at a low level for a long time and it's time for a change. I want this team to start playing up to my expectations. Win or lose, I want them to have great chances, play a full 60, and give every team a run for their money each and every game.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
Pretty clear to me, the Kings are not among the elite teams of this league. Even with Richards, this team is still on par to the way it was last year. Streaky, offensively flat..

Rides too much on dump and chasing as well as board play to win.. Yet we have a GM who refuses to do what needs to be done to make this team better..
Exactly. This was a statement game, and the Kings made their "statement." They are still a few tiers below elite status. The drw just skated circles around them, they pushed the action the entire game. Sure the Kings hit 2 posts and had a penalty shot stopped, but the drw also had their own "missed opportunities."

This was a very frustrating game to be at. When will the Kings make the step to the next level, if ever? I keep waiting and waiting and waiting... Been there, seen this - waaaaay too many times.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Exactly. This was a statement game, and the Kings made their "statement." They are still a few tiers below elite status. The drw just skated circles around them, they pushed the action the entire game. Sure the Kings hit 2 posts and had a penalty shot stopped, but the drw also had their own "missed opportunities."

This was a very frustrating game to be at. When will the Kings make the step to the next level, if ever? I keep waiting and waiting and waiting... Been there, seen this - waaaaay too many times.
Why was this a statement game? Curious.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Why was this a statement game? Curious.
I looked at it as a statement game because the Kings had just won a few games against teams they are expected to beat, they had won 4 of 5, and drw of the last 5 years are always supposed to be getting too old.

I don't expect the Kings to win every game, but they were never in this game. After Richards scored the shg goal, you could just feel that the drw goal was coming back the other way, aand it was almost immediately scored.

drw pushed the play - the 5 skaters play as a single unit - something I have yet to see the Kings do with any consistency. Especially against better teams.

The Kings will win their share of individual battles throughout a game, but the overall team battle wins went to dwr, easy.

The Kings will likely beat drw 1 game of their remaining 3 games, but unless this team really gels together something unheard of, they'll likely just limp into the playoffs again at 6-8.

I'm tired of that, even though it's only happened twice. WHEN will the step up to "elite" status happen?

I'm tired of getting my hopes up.

TM needs to go - that's my new rant. The coach needs to get more out of this roster.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 08:56 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post

I don't agree. The Kings actually outplayed Detroit in the first period. They just quit skating in periods 2 and 3. Nonetheless, we desperately need a coaching/system change. Detroit just isn't that good anymore -- that is what is disturbing to me.

Old
11-20-2011, 10:05 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
I don't agree. The Kings actually outplayed Detroit in the first period. They just quit skating in periods 2 and 3. Nonetheless, we desperately need a coaching/system change. Detroit just isn't that good anymore -- that is what is disturbing to me.
How did they outplay Detroit in the 1st period? They were outshot, IMO outchanced, and basically hung on to be tied at the end of the 1st - and it all went downhill from there.

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 10:39 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
How did they outplay Detroit in the 1st period? They were outshot, IMO outchanced, and basically hung on to be tied at the end of the 1st - and it all went downhill from there.
Not really. Most of the game was in Detroit's end. Kings just didn't do anything with their opportunities.

Old
11-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
Not really. Most of the game was in Detroit's end. Kings just didn't do anything with their opportunities.
There is no way most of the first period was spent in Detroit's end. I was there and my tickets are on the end the Kings the shoot twice. The play was at the other end for much of the first period.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Did anyone else notice that during the time out, Richards was doing all the talking for the pp? Murray and Kompon were doing nothing. This isnt the first time i noticed Richie taking over the pp talk. Heh who needs Kompon when Richie is doing all the planning

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:58 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Did anyone else notice that during the time out, Richards was doing all the talking for the pp? Murray and Kompon were doing nothing. This isnt the first time i noticed Richie taking over the pp talk. Heh who needs Kompon when Richie is doing all the planning
He's the captain of the Kings, not Hands Of Stone.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:10 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
only a matter of time before he gets an A, if it were up to me i think he should be a candidate for captain as well. It would be nice to have a captain who is actually vocal.....

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

no interest in making Mike captain, id rather him play without the pressure of the C, and just lead like he does anyway. Put an A on him sure, but no C

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote