HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holy Crap! Uncle Phil showed up for the MLS Championship trophy award!

Old
11-20-2011, 10:38 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

vCash: 500
Holy Crap! Uncle Phil showed up for the MLS Championship trophy award!

I'm not sure if I've ever seen him live - would he show up if the Kings won the Stanley Cup?

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 10:40 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

He was going to win either way since he owns 50% of the Houston Dynamo, but still ...

Old
11-20-2011, 10:45 PM
KingLB

Well they were awarding his trophy to him...(the Championship trophy is named after him)

KingLB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 10:47 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Well they were awarding his trophy to him...(the Championship trophy is named after him)
Granted, but he is EXTREMELY reclusive ...

Old
11-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Granted, but he is EXTREMELY reclusive ...
But he loves his teams. I guarantee that he'd be in the building if the Kings won the cup.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 11:58 PM
BD33

AEG are nothing but a bunch of money hungry *******s! Sorry the Kings will never win a cup with those guys in charge. They only care about the Kings now because they want an NFL team and they need to prove they can take care of a pro sports team before the NFL will let them have one. They let the Kings bottom dwell for years, and now that they think they can make more money by getting a new NFL stadium and team they decide to pay attention. **** AEG! I can't wait for them to sell the team, then we can finally win a cup. Hockey is about family, not just about making money, look at the teams that win. They have a winning culture that Kings will never have until they have an owner who gives a **** about them.

BD33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:15 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafreak331 View Post
AEG are nothing but a bunch of money hungry *******s! Sorry the Kings will never win a cup with those guys in charge. They only care about the Kings now because they want an NFL team and they need to prove they can take care of a pro sports team before the NFL will let them have one. They let the Kings bottom dwell for years, and now that they think they can make more money by getting a new NFL stadium and team they decide to pay attention. **** AEG! I can't wait for them to sell the team, then we can finally win a cup. Hockey is about family, not just about making money, look at the teams that win. They have a winning culture that Kings will never have until they have an owner who gives a **** about them.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:28 AM
OK Computer

OK Computer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:52 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Pathetic post.

The guy looked like he was really enjoying himself...there is no doubt in my mind he would be right there to accept the Stanley Cup.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:19 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Yeah, he really is just trolling the Kings.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:10 AM
BD33

Sorry but I love this team and AEG has done nothing to help them. They really don't care, the only time they give a **** is because the NFL openly came out and said that they need to prove they can handle running a team. They could care less about hockey or winning. They just want to make money off the people buying stuff at Staples. It's true and everyone knows it. The only reason this team is any good is because Dean has some balls and wants to win.

BD33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:41 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Sorry but I love this team and AEG has done nothing to help them. They really don't care, the only time they give a **** is because the NFL openly came out and said that they need to prove they can handle running a team. They could care less about hockey or winning. They just want to make money off the people buying stuff at Staples. It's true and everyone knows it. The only reason this team is any good is because Dean has some balls and wants to win.
Since owning the Kings, AEG has opened their wallets wide. They tell Dean to get it done, whatever it takes. They have not denied the Kings a player due to salary restraints. I think that shows that they care and want to win. Of COURSE they're in it to make money. Isn't everyone? If you think any business owner on the face of this planet isn't in it to make money, you're stupid. I own a company, based around something I love, but in the end I want to make money. Period. Just because AEG isn't there every single game (and usually someone is, even if it's TL), doesn't mean they don't care.

ETA: They've also updated the Jumbotron and sound system at Staples in the past two years, pouring in money to it. Of course, that helps me put out a better product, but it's not like Staples was hurting to bring events in. It's full practically 365 a year when the NBA is going on. They didn't need to upgrade, or to the extreme that they did.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:45 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

No. He'd be washing his hair that day.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
AEG owns professional sports teams and arenas around the world. What more proof does the NFL need? I don't think anyone doubts AEG has used their sports teams to further their real estate ventures but they have a track record of owning franchises besides the Kings.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Quattro

Quote:
did someone bump a post from 10 years ago?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Pre-lockout you may have some valid points.

But post lock-out (the cap world), AEG has spent the money, given DL some freedom and then they get out of the way. AEG is no problem to the Kings winning/losing now.

I used to think it would be nice to have a more visible owner, but in reality, it doesn't matter at all.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
You'll be waiting a long, long time because that ain't happening.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote