HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Owen Nolan

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
I can think of at least 4 players in Hartford I'd like to get a look at before even considering this Nolan proposal.

Old
11-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

You guys are all on crack if you wouldn't jump at a chance to get Nolan for a year, and a year only... just for PP purposes, park him in front, we have NOBODY who does that.

He'd be a HUGE upgrade on Hossa, btw... and I like how Prucha is being brought along, SLOWLY, fyi.

Nolan would be perfect for this team...

Old
11-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I can think of at least 4 players in Hartford I'd like to get a look at before even considering this Nolan proposal.
could you name them?

Old
11-20-2005, 12:28 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Why are you guys giving up on Hossa? Why are you even thinking about Nolan if its to replace Hossa. Marcel who hasnt really been in the NHL too long is playing good. He has a ton of potential and will be a great hockey player. Marian is only two years older at 26 yrs old. I wouldnt doubt that Marcel could be putting up the same numbers in two yrs. Give the guy time. Prucha's 23, he's doing just as good as Hossa, do you wanna sit him too?

Old
11-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
could you name them?
Immonen, Wiseman, Giroux and Weller.

Old
11-20-2005, 01:39 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather
You guys are all on crack if you wouldn't jump at a chance to get Nolan for a year, and a year only... just for PP purposes, park him in front, we have NOBODY who does that.

He'd be a HUGE upgrade on Hossa, btw... and I like how Prucha is being brought along, SLOWLY, fyi.

Nolan would be perfect for this team...
Maybe I'm wrong but I seem to remember that Nolan's last injury was very serious- --perhaps even career threatening. That's the pretext anyway with which the Maple Leafs were able to dump him and his contract. In the meantime whatever kind of shape he is in (and if Canadude is correct-- it's not good) it isn't game shape and it's going on at least 2 years since he's played and he's not all that young either. Not the time to be experimenting with such a player. Hossa is inconsistent for sure but he's not absolutely terrible where he is and he just might get better.

Old
11-20-2005, 01:53 PM
in the hall

how quick people forget why we sucked for 8 years

what good is a rebuild if our best potential youngsters arent being developed properly or at all.. sure i love having our third and fourth lines stacked with kids but they are not going to lead us to anything, they are complimentary players, we're waiting to see prucha, immonen, jessiman, the guys that will have a huge impact on our team develop, hossa is in that group imo

i wouldn't mind having nolan but i wouldn't sacrifice one of these guys for him.. this team is still a rebuilding team first or are we going to be the team giving up the top prospects for someone like jagr, straka, rucinsky, etc when that time comes

Old
11-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Immonen, Wiseman, Giroux and Weller.
Wiseman and Weller????????

I'm not for signing nolan under and circumstances but to name these two guys over Dawes and Graham?

What do you see in those two scrubs?

Old
11-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster
Id give up a kidney or two to NOT have Nolan on the team, let alone lose a young player for him.
My thoughts exactly

Old
11-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch
Why are you guys giving up on Hossa? Why are you even thinking about Nolan if its to replace Hossa. Marcel who hasnt really been in the NHL too long is playing good. He has a ton of potential and will be a great hockey player. Marian is only two years older at 26 yrs old. I wouldnt doubt that Marcel could be putting up the same numbers in two yrs. Give the guy time. Prucha's 23, he's doing just as good as Hossa, do you wanna sit him too?
I don't see any parallel between Marcel and Marian, or even Prucha.

When Marian was 24 he put up 82 points, his 4th season over 65 points. He was also more willing to get involved physically.

Prucha's less talented than Marcel, but he works his tail off, takes hit, gives hits, and is more than capable of filling a bottom-six role.

I can assure you, I wouldn't consider replacing Marcel with Nolan if I thought as much about him as you do.

Old
11-20-2005, 04:34 PM
BigE

God dammit no! What is with these ridiculous posts. For all our sakes, stop it! Please!

Old
11-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather
You guys are all on crack if you wouldn't jump at a chance to get Nolan for a year, and a year only...
I guess I'm on crack. Now where did I leave my pipe...?

Old
11-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Wiseman and Weller???????
...What do you see in those two scrubs?
Well, at least in Wiseman's case, he's played well enough, for long enough to have earned a legit shot to be part of the Ranger's future. Maybe he'll make it, maybe he won't, but it's time to find out.

If there was a place for him in the lineup, it seems like Weller could add some physical play to the 3rd or 4th line. I'd really hate to change anything about the current lower lines though.

Old
11-20-2005, 06:16 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
I don't see any parallel between Marcel and Marian, or even Prucha.

When Marian was 24 he put up 82 points, his 4th season over 65 points. He was also more willing to get involved physically.

Prucha's less talented than Marcel, but he works his tail off, takes hit, gives hits, and is more than capable of filling a bottom-six role.

I can assure you, I wouldn't consider replacing Marcel with Nolan if I thought as much about him as you do.
I was not comparing him to Marian, because Marian is much better than Marcel. I was simply stating to give the guy some time. How do you know he wont break out in two years?

Old
11-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Jagr68

This is the funniest thing I've read all day.

Old
11-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch
I was not comparing him to Marian, because Marian is much better than Marcel. I was simply stating to give the guy some time. How do you know he wont break out in two years?
Quote:
Marian is only two years older at 26 yrs old. I wouldnt doubt that Marcel could be putting up the same numbers in two yrs.
that's a comparison to me.

How do I know he wont break out in two years? I don't. I don't know if Lundmark, Fedorov, Balej are going to break out either. But decisions have to be made, ties have to be cut.

That being said, I don't think it could be considered a bad move to give Hossa at least till the end of the season.

Old
11-20-2005, 10:19 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

One simple reasoin not yet stated -- Nolan is a cancer in the locker room. No thanks.

Old
11-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop
One simple reasoin not yet stated -- Nolan is a cancer in the locker room. No thanks.
anything to back that up?

Old
11-21-2005, 12:31 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Drats doesn't deserve PP time, he's been awful all along.

Old
11-21-2005, 08:03 AM
BrianLeetch2

Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
I think Hossa's play has picked up as of late. He gets his shot on net. He handles the puck well. He does handle the puck near the boards. And, he is not afriad to play down low. I do think he is the type of player who would benefit from other creative players on his line, which neither Rucchin or Niemenen are. If any player was to sit when Rucinsky came back, I'd want it to be Niemenen.

I dont know who you would sit once Rucinsky comes back but Hossa has been playing real well as of late.....I def would not sit hossa..............and I also would hate to see Nolan on this team.....why mess with the fowards when you really dont have too.

Old
11-21-2005, 11:20 AM
TexMurphy

I do love Nolan but I dont see him in the game plan for the rangers at all.

Why on earth would you go for a old, injure prone and expencive player when your rebuilding????

In the overall long term picture he would just block the development of the tallent the rangers have.

Tex

Old
11-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMurphy

Why on earth would you go for a old, injure prone and expencive player when your rebuilding????

In the overall long term picture he would just block the development of the tallent the rangers have.

Tex
Seriously, this isnt 2000 - 01. If the Rangers get Nolan they contradict everything they have said and worked towards so far.

Old
11-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMurphy

Tex
1.) he is a free agent he isn't necessarily expensive
2.) long-term picture would have nothing to do with it, if he was signed through the end of the year
3.) He could get us further into the playoffs, meaning more experience for the kids
4.) I've made it clear I'd only be interested if they determined the Hossa project was not worth finishing, like Lundmark and Balej before him

Closed Thread