HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston @ Montreal 730PM TSN-Habs/RDS/NESN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-21-2011, 01:06 PM
  #101
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Usually posting there results in that post being immediately erased and you getting a warning for saying something like "hi there, fine weather we are having"
This is very true.. It's impossible for a Habs fan to post on that board it seems without having a mod delete the post.. It's like the mods there sees the Habs avatar and immediately deletes the post without even reading it assuming you're only there to troll. Such an unfriendly sad angry place that Bruins board is.

sheed36 is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:06 PM
  #102
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,320
vCash: 500
Hahaha

Another amazing GDT

McSorleyStick is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:07 PM
  #103
peate
Habs fan 4 life.
 
peate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,581
vCash: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
Let's not go crazy with the assumptions. They won the cup last year and are looking poised to repeat if they keep playing like they are now

And that Seguin fella aint too shabby if you ask me
Yeah he's proving his worth lately and of course Tim Thomas is always an enigma.
We did handle them pretty well the first two games but tonight is going to be tough.
Still' I'm sure the guys can beat them if they play like they did Saturday.

peate is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:10 PM
  #104
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Losses to the Bruins are particularly hard to take. I'm resigned to having Markov, Gill, Spacek, and Campoli out, but I wish Kostitsyn were playing to add depth to the scoring forwards. I see that Rask has finally picked up some wins playing against the weakies but there's no way Julien would spot him against the Habs. He used him once before and paid for it. Of course, it's not out of the question to beat Thomas as well.

I was always unhappy that the Bruins got so much in return for Kessel, who underperformed until now. However, he's made up for lost time, and although Tyler Sequin has been the hottest Bruin, Kessel has been even hotter.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:11 PM
  #105
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
This is very true.. It's impossible for a Habs fan to post on that board it seems without having a mod delete the post.. It's like the mods there sees the Habs avatar and immediately deletes the post without even reading it assuming you're only there to troll. Such an unfriendly sad angry place that Bruins board is.
Maybe our Mods should do the same with them.

habitue* is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:12 PM
  #106
bipolarhabfan
Registered User
 
bipolarhabfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Haha kind of reminds me of my 9 year explaining what happened in the school yard at noon.
I have been volunteering at an elementary school in order to make sure that I know what to expect when I do a practicum in one. I have found out that many of the kids are able to rationally solve interpersonal problems on their own without resorting to violence. Make of this whatever you would like when it comes to adults and fan basses.

Anyways, I just want a hockey game to be played today. If that happens, I like our team's chances at winning. Price has been playing well and a ramshackle d has been able to hold the fort.

bipolarhabfan is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:13 PM
  #107
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Losses to the Bruins are particularly hard to take. I'm resigned to having Markov, Gill, Spacek, and Campoli out, but I wish Kostitsyn were playing to add depth to the scoring forwards. I see that Rask has finally picked up some wins playing against the weakies but there's no way Julien would spot him against the Habs. He used him once before and paid for it. Of course, it's not out of the question to beat Thomas as well.

I was always unhappy that the Bruins got so much in return for Kessel, who underperformed until now. However, he's made up for lost time, and although Tyler Sequin has been the hottest Bruin, Kessel has been even hotter.
Of all the teams in the league to be involved in a win-win scenario...

Paul Dipietro is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:15 PM
  #108
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,159
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
I have been volunteering at an elementary school in order to make sure that I know what to expect when I do a practicum in one. I have found out that many of the kids are able to rationally solve interpersonal problems on their own without resorting to violence.

Anyways, I just want a hockey game to be played today. If that happens, I like our team's chances at winning.
LOL you made my day. Unfortunately, When Montreal(A civil City) Plays Boston, we lower ourselves to their level, we shouldn't but it happens.

Player 61 is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:21 PM
  #109
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
This is very true.. It's impossible for a Habs fan to post on that board it seems without having a mod delete the post.. It's like the mods there sees the Habs avatar and immediately deletes the post without even reading it assuming you're only there to troll. Such an unfriendly sad angry place that Bruins board is.
totally agree, it's sad actually you can't a good conversation there and to think most are older posters who act like 13 year olds

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:30 PM
  #110
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
What a list of solid teams, I for one am impressed.
The Bruins' win against the Leafs was somewhat helpful to the Habs. I watched the game against the Devils and observed that the Bruins can be attacked with speed and forechecking.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:35 PM
  #111
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
totally agree, it's sad actually you can't a good conversation there and to think most are older posters who act like 13 year olds
U such a dumb habs loser, Chara will beat up ur stupid Desharnes french player, it's gonna be so funny!

(I am going undercover, am I doing it right?)

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:37 PM
  #112
Padrino86
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
I'm a bit concerned that the bruins are destroying everybody they play lately though. They also lost back to back games against us, this could be a tough one to win.

Padrino86 is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:39 PM
  #113
Ace0813
Moderator
Bleed Black & Gold
 
Ace0813's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 5,049
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Ace0813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
totally agree, it's sad actually you can't a good conversation there and to think most are older posters who act like 13 year olds
I can't argue with you there, but every fanbase has those types of posters.

Good luck guys, may the better team win. I want you guys in the playoffs again this year, just not against us.

Ace0813 is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:40 PM
  #114
Bob Cole
Registered User
 
Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
U such a dumb habs loser, Chara will beat up ur stupid Desharnes french player, it's gonna be so funny!

(I am going undercover, am I doing it right?)
USA USA USA

I've read a few of their GDTs...and a good portion of their posts are on who they want to see drop the gloves. Pretty pathetic.

Bob Cole is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:46 PM
  #115
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
USA USA USA

I've read a few of their GDTs...and a good portion of their posts are on who they want to see drop the gloves. Pretty pathetic.
I don't know how some don't see how ridiculous they sound, like I wonder if Thornton is going to go after Subban? Like are they serious? The sad part is I think they are but no one is smart enough to ask why the hell would Subban go after a Thornton? They make no sense I wonder if they asked themselves the same question of why was Lucic too scared to drop them with Laraque

It's sad for them cause they actually have a very good hockey team but they don't realize it cause they still live in the 70's and all they want to see is fights

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:46 PM
  #116
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
U such a dumb habs loser, Chara will beat up ur stupid Desharnes french player, it's gonna be so funny!

(I am going undercover, am I doing it right?)
Better dumb it down a little, they'll think you're an intellectual. (not in so many words, of course).

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:47 PM
  #117
Le Casque de Mats
Registered User
 
Le Casque de Mats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Yeah it's weird that even after winning the cup, and winning against the Habs in the playoffs, Bruins fans still feel frustrated and victimized.

In the 21st century, there are some pills that can help for that though.

Le Casque de Mats is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:48 PM
  #118
Krnage
Registered User
 
Krnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fermont
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBruin91 View Post
I can't argue with you there, but every fanbase has those types of posters.

Good luck guys, may the better team win. I want you guys in the playoffs again this year, just not against us.
inevitably it seem habs and bruins will meet every years

Krnage is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:53 PM
  #119
putabergeronthegrill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't know how some don't see how ridiculous they sound, like I wonder if Thornton is going to go after Subban? Like are they serious? The sad part is I think they are but no one is smart enough to ask why the hell would Subban go after a Thornton? They make no sense I wonder if they asked themselves the same question of why was Lucic too scared to drop them with Laraque

It's sad for them cause they actually have a very good hockey team but they don't realize it cause they still live in the 70's and all they want to see is fights
Attempting to strike up a civil discussion here...this forum obviously has its share of annoying and smart posters just like the B's forums.

Can you really as a Bruin's fan talk about Habs/Bruins matchup without discussing a potential fight or brawl? Thats part of the matchup really... Obviously we know Thornton is not going to go after Subban, because Subban won't fight him. I'm pretty sure that fight we saw last game was an anomaly and won't happen again

And there is a difference between "only wanting to see the fights" and realizing that the physical, intimidation edge and sometimes fighting, is a big way in which the Bruins win games.

also this is a serious question...why do you think we feel frustrated and victimized? I dont see it?


Last edited by putabergeronthegrill: 11-21-2011 at 01:58 PM.
putabergeronthegrill is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:57 PM
  #120
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Maybe our Mods should do the same with them.
I somewhat agree to a point but the last I checked this is still a hockey "discussion" board... For a Bruins or any other fan that are only here to troll I agree the mods should remove their post and they do.. BUT if a Bruins or any other fan comes here and is trying to add to a discussion without trolling then why should they delete the post..

It's pretty sad when people can't have a civil and rational hockey discussion because they simply cheer for different teams..

sheed36 is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:00 PM
  #121
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
my last post on the B`s board never got deleted...

grant it, it was a thread I started wishing them luck in beating the habs...

but times have changed, i won`t be doing that again... my anti-jinx worked perfectly as we started winning again

coolasprICE is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:01 PM
  #122
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I somewhat agree to a point but the last I checked this is still a hockey "discussion" board... For a Bruins or any other fan that are only here to troll I agree the mods should remove their post and they do.. BUT if a Bruins or any other fan comes here and is trying to add to a discussion without trolling then why should they delete the post..

It's pretty sad when people can't have a civil and rational hockey discussion because they simply cheer for different teams..
I know 2 bruins fans that posts here without trolling
LoneWolf54 and Alycat posts here sometimes and they are respectfull.

llamateizer is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:04 PM
  #123
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
my last post on the B`s board never got deleted...

grant it, it was a thread I started wishing them luck in beating the habs...

but times have changed, i won`t be doing that again... my anti-jinx worked perfectly as we started winning again
Yeah, we'll pretend we believe you.

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:04 PM
  #124
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,674
vCash: 500
http://www.csnne.com/sportsnetNewEng...cks+and+stones

Pretty funny stuff

habs03 is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:07 PM
  #125
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Better dumb it down a little, they'll think you're an intellectual. (not in so many words, of course).
You can be sure that one of them is going to be "socialist" though

Paul Dipietro is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.