HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

David Rundblad II (Bigup Blade Runner on his first goal! 11/27/11 vs. Canes)

Old
11-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
What are the rules. Could Rundblad spend his time in Ottawa and fly directly to some games with Binghampton, and after the games, instead of staying with that team, he flies back to train with Ottawa?

I mean, if he doesn't get to play in Ottawa it's better than just sitting in the press box..
He can do that I'm pretty sure. He'd take a 3 hour limo ride to Bingo.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Langen the brunner

I hope he gets traded to a team with a coach that belives in him and alow him to play pp etc...

Langen the brunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langen the brunner View Post
I hope he gets traded to a team with a coach that belives in him and alow him to play pp etc...
He does play PP, behind Karlsson and Gonchar. They don't just hand that ice time out when you have those two already in the lineup.

Old
11-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
I hope you leave HFBoards forever, but thats not going to happen either.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Philadelphia Collins

Quote:
lol come on son, you can't just hand rookies their icetime, they gotta earn it, and Gonchar and Karlsson on the first PP unit is money

Philadelphia Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 05:45 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
It is his first season in NA not only NHL. Do you think MacLean is diletant to destroy him?

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 06:36 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
It's pretty obvious that he is headed for Bingo. Murray and Mmaclean have both said that young players need to play and he isn't playing up with the big Sens.

Nothing wrong with 25+ minutes down in Bingo...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
It's pretty obvious that he is headed for Bingo. Murray and Mmaclean have both said that young players need to play and he isn't playing up with the big Sens.

Nothing wrong with 25+ minutes down in Bingo...
We don't know how long they plan to sit him. For all we know, he's in next game. Guessing what's gonna happen is all it is, a guess.

I think they're waiting on Carkner's return to make some decisions. If they are, I doubt Rundblad sits every game until then. I doubt they think twice about sitting Lee if Rundblad plays a game and plays well. I think Bingo's a last resort, and I don't think they're there yet.

Old
11-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Cujomi
Leeuw YNWA Ddraig

Right now IMO they're mishandling him. They should have sent him to the AHL right away if they were planning on sitting him this many games. He needs to be on the ice playing and developing.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 07:00 PM
H2O

Now that we lost, it's his turn to go back in.

H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Right now IMO they're mishandling him. They should have sent him to the AHL right away if they were planning on sitting him this many games. He needs to be on the ice playing and developing.
Hard to criticize it in the short-term if you don't know what they are thinking or planning. They've only got 7 healthy D...I am kinda wondering why they haven't sent him to Bingo games here and there and then brought him back right after. Maybe they end up doing this, maybe the convenience hasn't been there.

Old
11-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Tuna99

I'd say based on Lee's play last game, #7 will be in the lineup

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
What did Lee do wrong? He played great imo..

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
What did Lee do wrong? He played great imo..
He bombed a few clearing chances and I think he lost his confidence a bit, the play were he got the puck at his blueline and just froze with it and gave it away, it was really bad. He also can't get pucks on net.

Brian Lee has 60 games going back to last season and he has only 3 assists in those 60 games. He has 0 points this year, at some point he can't have zeroes everywhere, and -3, he's gotta get results besides barely outplaying a future stud defenseman

Old
11-21-2011, 09:45 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
The only thing that slightly concerns me with Rundblad going to Bingo, is that it is apparently a negative environment down there right now. On top of that Bingo is terrible.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Alaskimo
Pesky Pesky...

Quote:
Brian Lee has 60 games going back to last season and he has only 3 assists in those 60 games. He has 0 points this year, at some point he can't have zeroes everywhere, and -3, he's gotta get results besides barely outplaying a future stud defenseman
Lee's not here to put up points, could he be putting up more assists? Sure, it would be nice! That's not the focus of his game though.

And why send Rundblad to the A? I was under the impression he was sitting to help him transition to a season longer than he's used to, or is that not true? Because if that is the case sending him down to the AHL to play more minutes in kinda counter-productive...

Alaskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
You're the only one to criticize his game. I didn't see anything wrong with it.

Old
11-22-2011, 01:12 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
We don't know how long they plan to sit him. For all we know, he's in next game. Guessing what's gonna happen is all it is, a guess.

I think they're waiting on Carkner's return to make some decisions. If they are, I doubt Rundblad sits every game until then. I doubt they think twice about sitting Lee if Rundblad plays a game and plays well. I think Bingo's a last resort, and I don't think they're there yet.
My guess is he dresses for the next game but I agree with you that once carkner returns he could very well find himself in Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
The only thing that slightly concerns me with Rundblad going to Bingo, is that it is apparently a negative environment down there right now. On top of that Bingo is terrible.
Well if he makes the team better & wins a few games maybe he helps to change that environment. If I were Murray I would send down Da Costa & Rundblad & bring up O'Brien for a few weeks. I would move Z. Smith to centre the 2nd line & let O'Brien centre the 3rd line. That would give us more size down the middle, speed & good two way play. Both Da Costa & Rundblad would obviously help Bingo improve & it might help both their confidences.

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredson
Greening - Z. Smith - Butler
Foligno - O'Brien - Condra
Daugavins - Konopka - Winchester

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 01:43 AM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
My guess is he dresses for the next game but I agree with you that once carkner returns he could very well find himself in Bingo.

Well if he makes the team better & wins a few games maybe he helps to change that environment. If I were Murray I would send down Da Costa & Rundblad & bring up O'Brien for a few weeks. I would move Z. Smith to centre the 2nd line & let O'Brien centre the 3rd line. That would give us more size down the middle, speed & good two way play. Both Da Costa & Rundblad would obviously help Bingo improve & it might help both their confidences.

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredson
Greening - Z. Smith - Butler
Foligno - O'Brien - Condra
Daugavins - Konopka - Winchester
What has O'Brian done this season to deserve a call up?

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 02:07 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
What has O'Brian done this season to deserve a call up?
Everything that has been asked of him from what I have seen & read. It's not always about points & in Ottawa he wouldn't have to score regularly, it's about everything else he does well & if he scores it's a bonus. He's bigger & stronger than Da Costa, he's better defensively, he has some offence to his game, he's a fast skater & he's decent at faceoffs. He can play RW or C & because of his size he can play on any line. That gives Maclean a lot more options than Da Costa.

While Da Costa is obviously more offensively gifted he doesn't seem to be helping the team win at the moment. It might just help his confidence to go to Bingo for a few weeks to get more ice time.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:39 AM
Tuna99

Quote:
You're the only one to criticize his game. I didn't see anything wrong with it.
Let's wait and see if he's in the lineup next game.

Old
11-22-2011, 06:59 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Here we go again, Same as Karlsson being mishandled 2 years ago?

Sometime, you need to play the game live at the NHL

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Let's wait and see if he's in the lineup next game.
That wouldn't necessarily prove anything, I've already said Rundblad's due for a game, especially after a 5 day layoff and 3 games sat prior. They have to get Rundblad in at some point and nothing Lee does is going to keep him from being the odd man out. No matter how good the guy plays he isn't jumping EK, Cowen or the vets for ice time (he hasn't proven to bring more importance than any of those guys either)

Last edited by Minister of Offence: 11-22-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old
11-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Here we go again, Same as Karlsson being mishandled 2 years ago?

Sometime, you need to play the game live at the NHL
This isn't really all that comparable to Karlsson though. Karlsson never sat 6 of 8 games. He struggled, he went to the A, he improved, his play regressed a tad, he sat for 3 games over the WJC, and then he didn't look back.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:51 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
This isn't really all that comparable to Karlsson though. Karlsson never sat 6 of 8 games. He struggled, he went to the A, he improved, his play regressed a tad, he sat for 3 games over the WJC, and then he didn't look back.
not sure you reply correctly to my comment...

Sens didn`t handle Rundblad the same way than EK

But, I think they handled him correctly.

CJam613 was saying he should have started in Bingo right away, I disagree.

NHL first*, then a player can realize what he needs to improve on.

* IF a player is way to far from the NHL, then no of course.

Sure it would be nice for him to play right nowbut he is still learning even if he not playing regular games: the NHL rink size, the coach system, his teammates tendencies, etc..

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote