HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

trading partners/do si do tips

View Poll Results: Which team
Carolina (McBain, Faulk, Murray, Dumoulin) 17 37.78%
Toronto (Franson, Aulie, Gunnarson) 6 13.33%
Long Island (MacDonald, Wishart, De Haan) 4 8.89%
Winnipeg (Bogosian, Kulda, Postma) 3 6.67%
Anaheim (Sbisa, Cumiskey, Carle) 1 2.22%
Ottawa (Lee, Weircoch, Rundblad) 4 8.89%
Columbus (Goloubef, Moore, Savard) 3 6.67%
other 2 4.44%
dude, wtf? 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-18-2011, 04:02 PM
BoldMcNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
trading partners/do si do tips

which team do you think is the best partner in crime in terms of D-poaching? (I guess I am talking about youngish puck-moving dmen....)

Or which teams young-dmen should the oil try and target?

Teams were included/excluded based on standings (teams likely to rebuild) and depth (teams who have been rumored to trade a roster defender). Thus no Nashville or Washington despite pending FA etc....

Last edited by BoldMcNewLettuce: 11-18-2011 at 04:23 PM.
BoldMcNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 04:04 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
which team do you think is the best partner in crime in terms of D-poaching?

Teams were included/excluded based on standings (teams likely to rebuild) and depth (teams who have been rumored to trade a roster defender). Thus no Nashville or Washington despite pending FA etc....
now that potter is hurt maybe we could ship him to LA with a pick for Doughty

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 04:07 PM
SometimesY

vCash: 500
Make it a late pick and add medical expenses

oops the should include quote from post above me

SometimesY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Dazed and Confused
Ludicrous speed, GO!

To be honest if we're going after d-men, then Tambo should be looking at vets that can play consistently vs. more inconsistent kids

In other words, I'd rather see another Potter (or Johnson) than a Petry or Peckham.

Someone like Jurcina, Finger, Lepisto, Mottau, Eaton (wow NYI has a lot of these guys), or Allen would be a better band-aid

Dazed and Confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 06:37 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
of them, I'd be interested in McBain, Aulie, Postma, and Rundblad if we could get him... We could probably get McBain for the best value.

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:31 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2700
Went with TO. Burke is just a guy that will make a move so he can have a press conference to pat himself on the back. He is due for this.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:36 AM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Went with TO. Burke is just a guy that will make a move so he can have a press conference to pat himself on the back. He is due for this.
Burke is probably asking for Paajarvi+ in return for a scrub like Franson.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Bryanbryoil

I'm thinking that Carolina and Columbus are our best bets. McBain and Moore being the targeted players from our side.

11-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Moneypuck

No sense making a panic sideways move to land the Oilers another bottom pairing D'man/bottom 6 forward. The Oilers have enough of those. Only way they should make a deal is if it's big picture stuff, another top 6 forward or a top 2 D'man.

Moneypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:53 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypuck View Post
No sense making a panic sideways move to land the Oilers another bottom pairing D'man/bottom 6 forward. The Oilers have enough of those. Only way they should make a deal is if it's big picture stuff, another top 6 forward or a top 2 D'man.
Not necessarily true. If its for a piece that doesn't belong here long term (picks after the second round, mid level prospects, maybe a guy like Gagner if its for a longer term fix), then by all means, trade away. I hate seeing Chorney on the big club.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:04 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
i would say if CLitsome is available we would have to get him,

cant wait to hear Quinn and Louie

"clitsome is rubbed into the boards"

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:23 PM
MoneyGuy

Finger and Clitsome would be a great pairing.

I can see the headline if Finger is traded to the Oilers: Burke gives Oilers the Finger.

Last edited by MoneyGuy: 11-21-2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typo
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Tarpit*

We can dream all we want, but these teams will not give up on their prospects and young D. Want nothing from TO, Franson is way over valued, Burke would never trade Gunnarson, and Aulie is sucking the big one with the Marlies.

Tambo is committed to building through the draft and why change now, next year I can see some trades but not this early in the rebuilding process. Right now the Oilers can afford to wait, their doing a lot better then anyone thought. Also I think there is more of a need to acquire a big RHW then a D.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpit View Post
We can dream all we want, but these teams will not give up on their prospects and young D. Want nothing from TO, Franson is way over valued, Burke would never trade Gunnarson, and Aulie is sucking the big one with the Marlies.

Tambo is committed to building through the draft and why change now, next year I can see some trades but not this early in the rebuilding process. Right now the Oilers can afford to wait, their doing a lot better then anyone thought. Also I think there is more of a need to acquire a big RHW then a D.
for what? 3rd\4th line RW spot? Or are we assuming that Hemsky will bolt after this season? Depth spots can be filled withing the organization. Lander, Petrell, Hartikainen, Jones, Eager can all slot in on 3rd,4th line wings and not cose us much.
What we really need is health. Potter and Whitney would solidify our D.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
for what? 3rd\4th line RW spot? Or are we assuming that Hemsky will bolt after this season? Depth spots can be filled withing the organization. Lander, Petrell, Hartikainen, Jones, Eager can all slot in on 3rd,4th line wings and not cose us much.
What we really need is health. Potter and Whitney would solidify our D.
If you would check Lander, Petrell, Hartikainen, Jones, and Eager are all LHW/C. The Oilers need some size in their line up with some skill or they are going to keep relying on their D to step up to the plate like Peckham did against Chicago. Besides Pitlick they have nothing in the system.

Face it Eager hasn't done the job they signed him for and besides Petrell nobody really hits in the forward ranks. Yes Hordichuk is back, but we have him for only a year and he isn't the most skilled. Lander is a natural C and doesn't play well on the wing and Hatikainen will play LW once Smyth is gone.

Before the season started Hemsky made it known that he would not talk contract during the season. The Oilers will not take the chance in losing him and will most likely trade him at the TD.

Old
11-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
If you would check Lander, Petrell, Hartikainen, Jones, and Eager are all LHW/C. The Oilers need some size in their line up with some skill or they are going to keep relying on their D to step up to the plate like Peckham did against Chicago. Besides Pitlick they have nothing in the system.

Face it Eager hasn't done the job they signed him for and besides Petrell nobody really hits in the forward ranks. Yes Hordichuk is back, but we have him for only a year and he isn't the most skilled. Lander is a natural C and doesn't play well on the wing and Hatikainen will play LW once Smyth is gone.

Before the season started Hemsky made it known that he would not talk contract during the season.
The Oilers will not take the chance in losing him and will most likely trade him at the TD.
Link needed.

Doppler Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:19 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2700
Quote:

Before the season started Hemsky made it known that he would not talk contract during the season.
The Oilers will not take the chance in losing him and will most likely trade him at the TD.
Pretty sure this is incorrect. Both he and the club wouldn't talk about an extension during the summer and would wait until both sides saw what Hemsky shoulder could do.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
i would say if CLitsome is available we would have to get him,

cant wait to hear Quinn and Louie

"clitsome is rubbed into the boards"
I don't get all these lame puns with Clitsome. If it's pronounced the way it looks it's a long ways from Clitoris.

Ahahahahahah, Ahahahahahaha!!! lame!

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Pretty sure this is incorrect. Both he and the club wouldn't talk about an extension during the summer and would wait until both sides saw what Hemsky shoulder could do.
During the rookie camp he mentioned he didn't want to talk extension during the season and would wait till it was over. Not sure when where I heard it but it was with a interview with him when he showed up to the rookie camp. Maybe I jump the gun when I said he wouldn't talk extension, but everyone has assumed that the shoulder injury is why he hasn't signed. This has been all speculation by the media.