HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 03:56 AM
Spiffy

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPanther
I guess you didn't see the tab at the bottom which says Skaters & Goalies so if you click on it you'll see our 4 deep system of goaltenders. I separated them because it made it easier for me. I found Vuorio playing for Jukurit of the Mikkeli League (its not up to the level of SM-Liga) but there's been no stats for him that I could find.
Mikkeli is the hometown of Jukurit. The league they play in is called Mestis and it is the second highest league in Finland.

Old
10-27-2003, 04:58 AM
Acadmus
retired mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Wanna talk about great draft picks...look at Dany Roussin from Rimouski of the Q. The kid is 5th in scoring in the Q!!! Yes he's playing on Crosby's LW so his numbers may be inflated but he's taking advantage of that. He was drafted in the 7th round.
You know, I'm almost hoping the Panthers finish in the cellar in 2005 so we have the best chance at grabbing Crosby I haven't seen him play, but I've read what's written about him and seen his stats, and the fact that he's always the best player in whatever level he plays even though he's often the youngest. This kid is shaping up to be the real deal, the next Gretzky/Lemieux in terms of scoring ability. It'd be nice to have him.

But it'd be nicer to see the team win the Cup

Old
10-27-2003, 05:06 AM
Acadmus
retired mod

Quote:
Updated from yesterday's games...I gotta luv Weiss leading the Rampage in scoring
I'd feel better about it if he wasn't -4 with 6 points in 8 games on a team that's 5-2-1. Seems more that their record and success is a team effort, and Weiss (and several others) need to learn the tricky art of generating offense while still minding defense.
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like Weiss, I just don't want to get my hopes up for the organization's prospects until they really start to gel and wow in the AHL - then they'll have hope for success in the NHL.

But, the season's young.

Old
10-27-2003, 06:31 AM
Thewbacca

Send a message via AIM to Thewbacca Send a message via MSN to Thewbacca
Anyone know what Kamil Kreps and Stephan Meyer have for potential? I think both still need time to develop but I think they could be great picks. They don't seem to be physical but I heard they're pretty fast and skilled with the puck.

Old
10-27-2003, 06:35 AM
Thewbacca

Send a message via AIM to Thewbacca Send a message via MSN to Thewbacca
Whats the deal with Vuorio? Is he still developing in europe?

Old
10-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Lloyd Braun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewselius
Anyone know what Kamil Kreps and Stephan Meyer have for potential? I think both still need time to develop but I think they could be great picks. They don't seem to be physical but I heard they pretty fast and skilled with the puck.
Meyer is fairly physical. Check out his PIMs. Kreps looks sort of like a Viktor Kozlov clone. Not nearly as big as Vik, but plays the same sort of style. As for Vuorio, I dunno. I can't read Finnish and can't seem to find goalie stats for that Mestis league.

Old
10-27-2003, 02:19 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Mikkeli is the hometown of Jukurit. The league they play in is called Mestis and it is the second highest league in Finland.
Thank you for that clarification...I'm slowing learning some Finnish as I'm searching for "Tilastot" (translated as stats for us that speak English )

All I can find for Vuorio is that he's played in 12 games but can't get his actual stats. The link to the site I've been using is http://www.jatkoaika.com/mestis.php

Given that Vuorio is only 19, he still has time to develop but last yr he was with Luuko Rauma which is in the SM-Liiga (top league in Finland). So I dunno what is going on with him exactly.

Old
10-27-2003, 02:24 PM
GudVibransons

If I remember his stats from last year correctly, Vuorio got very little playing time last year. Him playing in a lower league could be good so he gets a lot more playing time. He may have already played more games this year than last year.

Old
10-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Here's a link to Vuorio's stats for past seasons, accorind to HockeyDB.com
The man played 7 games in two years for the SM-Liiga team.

Old
11-01-2003, 03:41 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Figured I'd update the stats really quick before I left to work this weekend...I might leave earlier and go to the game tonite depending on how things go. Of note, Max Birbraer was demoted to Laredo of the CHL. I still can't get Vuorio goaltending stats (I checked the Jukurit website and the other one I've linked) and so those aren't correct but I see his name a few times on the front page of the team website so I know he's playing.

http://www.coolburn.com/prospects.htm

Closed Thread