HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Depth Chart on TML Website

Old
11-21-2011, 05:57 AM
Flowseidon
Compton

vCash: 500
Depth Chart on TML Website

I noticed many other teams such as Edmonton, Minnesota, Carolina, etc have interactive Depth charts and line combo pages on their website. I don't know if anyone has any tie-ins with the Leafs website, but I would love one of those included in there.

Flowseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Avec Fromage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowseidon View Post
I noticed many other teams such as Edmonton, Minnesota, Carolina, etc have interactive Depth charts and line combo pages on their website. I don't know if anyone has any tie-ins with the Leafs website, but I would love one of those included in there.
I doubt they would do anything. The Leafs site has always been mediocre compared to other team sites, in terms of both design and functionality. I mean, just look at the forums, they're absolute garbage.

Check out Daily Faceoff and Left Wing Lock for line combos. They update after each game usually.

In terms of depth chart (by actual position, not what they just play as currently), I'd say:

Left Wing
Nikolai Kulemin
Clarke MacArthur
Nazem Kadri
Joey Crabb

Centre
Tim Connolly
Mikhail Grabovski
Tyler Bozak
Matthew Lombardi
Joe Colborne
David Steckel
Philippe Dupuis
Darryl Boyce
Mike Zigomanis

Right Wing
Phil Kessel
Joffrey Lupul
Colby Armstrong
Matt Frattin
Mike Brown
Jay Rosehill
Colton Orr

Defence
Dion Phaneuf
Carl Gunnarsson
John-Michael Liles
Jake Gardiner
Mike Komisarek
Luke Schenn
Cody Franson
Keith Aulie
Matt Lashoff
Jeff Finger
Korbinian Holzer

Goal
James Reimer
Ben Scrivens
Jonas Gustavsson
Mark Owuya
Jussi Rynnas

Avec Fromage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:13 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Finger is below Holzer...

Matter of fact, he shouldn't even be on the list..

DirtyDion03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Avec Fromage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Finger is below Holzer...

Matter of fact, he shouldn't even be on the list..
I disagree. He was kept longer than Holzer in pre-season. Burke even talked about him having a (slight) chance in the summer. And if you're referring to the call-up that just happened, Holzer was only called up for reasons of cap space or worry that Finger would be claimed on re-entry, burdening Toronto with the 1.5 cap hit for no roster player.

If we base it on who will play where then this list would be different (e.g., Gustavsson would be above Scrivens because Scrivens will go back to the minors when Reimer returns - but only because he won't have to go through waivers, where Gus would), and then this list wouldn't really be a depth chart.

Old
11-21-2011, 12:50 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Fromage View Post
I disagree. He was kept longer than Holzer in pre-season. Burke even talked about him having a (slight) chance in the summer. And if you're referring to the call-up that just happened, Holzer was only called up for reasons of cap space or worry that Finger would be claimed on re-entry, burdening Toronto with the 1.5 cap hit for no roster player.

If we base it on who will play where then this list would be different (e.g., Gustavsson would be above Scrivens because Scrivens will go back to the minors when Reimer returns - but only because he won't have to go through waivers, where Gus would), and then this list wouldn't really be a depth chart.
Finger's never going to play for the Maple Leafs again. He's just here because of the contract. Burke said that just because the Leafs wasted money on him and it's clearly been a complete waste. Makes the organization look pretty stupid to have him sit there and all that. Finger is gone at the end of the year and signs very small deal. He's below Holzer on the depth chart.

Old
11-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Avec Fromage

Quote:
Finger's never going to play for the Maple Leafs again. He's just here because of the contract. Burke said that just because the Leafs wasted money on him and it's clearly been a complete waste. Makes the organization look pretty stupid to have him sit there and all that. Finger is gone at the end of the year and signs very small deal. He's below Holzer on the depth chart.
If he's never going to play for the Maple Leafs again, it's BECAUSE of his contract. In terms of skill, he's above Holzer (evident by the fact that Holzer was sent down first in pre-season). Therefore, I put him higher on the depth chart.

Old
11-21-2011, 01:25 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
If he's never going to play for the Maple Leafs again, it's BECAUSE of his contract. In terms of skill, he's above Holzer (evident by the fact that Holzer was sent down first in pre-season). Therefore, I put him higher on the depth chart.
Again, the reason why Holzer was sent down first was to give people hope that Finger was actually going to make the team. There was no chance of him making the team and it was hoping that this would give him a confidence boost to help the younger guys down in the Marlies. The last thing Burke needs is Finger asking for a trade or something and having to spend assets to do so.

Giving people hope that Finger isn't wasted space or anything else, was the goal. And clearly on you it's worked. He's not better than Holzer and he got sent back to make the Leafs organization look not as dumb, and to just shut people up about Finger's crap contract.

Old
11-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Avec Fromage

Quote:
Again, the reason why Holzer was sent down first was to give people hope that Finger was actually going to make the team. There was no chance of him making the team and it was hoping that this would give him a confidence boost to help the younger guys down in the Marlies. The last thing Burke needs is Finger asking for a trade or something and having to spend assets to do so.

Giving people hope that Finger isn't wasted space or anything else, was the goal. And clearly on you it's worked. He's not better than Holzer and he got sent back to make the Leafs organization look not as dumb, and to just shut people up about Finger's crap contract.
And you know that this was the goal how? Because you're Brian Burke, right? Also, that point about Finger demanding a trade causing Burke to spend assets is completely assinine.
He stayed up longer because he was the better player. He (like Lashoff) didn't get called up because there's no need to risk going through waivers when he might get a couple of games at most. Might as well let Holzer sit in the press box because he's a non-factor.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:02 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

in all honesty, the TML website is the worst place to go for news or stats or any info, really.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:07 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
And you know that this was the goal how? Because you're Brian Burke, right? Also, that point about Finger demanding a trade causing Burke to spend assets is completely assinine.
He stayed up longer because he was the better player. He (like Lashoff) didn't get called up because there's no need to risk going through waivers when he might get a couple of games at most. Might as well let Holzer sit in the press box because he's a non-factor.
The reason why Holzer is up is to see if we have enough depth in our organization to still move Franson if one of our d gets hurt. I don't understand how all of a sudden you think Finger is this good d man? He didn't prove anything during the pre-season except that he can play decent positional game. He's nothing spectacular. If Burke was to move Finger because he asked for a trade it's going to take assets to do it, because no one is going to take that crap contract that is Jeff Finger.

I'm not sure why you think that because he didn't get sent back first means that he's better then Holzer? Sure the waivers stop him, and the salary, but that doesn't mean that he's better then Holzer.

Old
11-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

I hate the official stuff from this team. Leafstv, the website, it's all crap.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:11 PM
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
I hate the official stuff from this team. Leafstv, the website, it's all crap.
It is complete crap, it should all be blown up and started from scratch. It would stand a bigger chance.

NikolaiTesla* is offline   Reply With Quote