HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Depth Chart on TML Website

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-21-2011, 05:57 AM
  #1
Flowseidon
Compton
 
Flowseidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Depth Chart on TML Website

I noticed many other teams such as Edmonton, Minnesota, Carolina, etc have interactive Depth charts and line combo pages on their website. I don't know if anyone has any tie-ins with the Leafs website, but I would love one of those included in there.

Flowseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:00 AM
  #2
Avec Fromage
Registered User
 
Avec Fromage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowseidon View Post
I noticed many other teams such as Edmonton, Minnesota, Carolina, etc have interactive Depth charts and line combo pages on their website. I don't know if anyone has any tie-ins with the Leafs website, but I would love one of those included in there.
I doubt they would do anything. The Leafs site has always been mediocre compared to other team sites, in terms of both design and functionality. I mean, just look at the forums, they're absolute garbage.

Check out Daily Faceoff and Left Wing Lock for line combos. They update after each game usually.

In terms of depth chart (by actual position, not what they just play as currently), I'd say:

Left Wing
Nikolai Kulemin
Clarke MacArthur
Nazem Kadri
Joey Crabb

Centre
Tim Connolly
Mikhail Grabovski
Tyler Bozak
Matthew Lombardi
Joe Colborne
David Steckel
Philippe Dupuis
Darryl Boyce
Mike Zigomanis

Right Wing
Phil Kessel
Joffrey Lupul
Colby Armstrong
Matt Frattin
Mike Brown
Jay Rosehill
Colton Orr

Defence
Dion Phaneuf
Carl Gunnarsson
John-Michael Liles
Jake Gardiner
Mike Komisarek
Luke Schenn
Cody Franson
Keith Aulie
Matt Lashoff
Jeff Finger
Korbinian Holzer

Goal
James Reimer
Ben Scrivens
Jonas Gustavsson
Mark Owuya
Jussi Rynnas

Avec Fromage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:13 PM
  #3
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,894
vCash: 166
Finger is below Holzer...

Matter of fact, he shouldn't even be on the list..

DirtyDion03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:41 PM
  #4
Avec Fromage
Registered User
 
Avec Fromage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Finger is below Holzer...

Matter of fact, he shouldn't even be on the list..
I disagree. He was kept longer than Holzer in pre-season. Burke even talked about him having a (slight) chance in the summer. And if you're referring to the call-up that just happened, Holzer was only called up for reasons of cap space or worry that Finger would be claimed on re-entry, burdening Toronto with the 1.5 cap hit for no roster player.

If we base it on who will play where then this list would be different (e.g., Gustavsson would be above Scrivens because Scrivens will go back to the minors when Reimer returns - but only because he won't have to go through waivers, where Gus would), and then this list wouldn't really be a depth chart.

Avec Fromage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:50 PM
  #5
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,894
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Fromage View Post
I disagree. He was kept longer than Holzer in pre-season. Burke even talked about him having a (slight) chance in the summer. And if you're referring to the call-up that just happened, Holzer was only called up for reasons of cap space or worry that Finger would be claimed on re-entry, burdening Toronto with the 1.5 cap hit for no roster player.

If we base it on who will play where then this list would be different (e.g., Gustavsson would be above Scrivens because Scrivens will go back to the minors when Reimer returns - but only because he won't have to go through waivers, where Gus would), and then this list wouldn't really be a depth chart.
Finger's never going to play for the Maple Leafs again. He's just here because of the contract. Burke said that just because the Leafs wasted money on him and it's clearly been a complete waste. Makes the organization look pretty stupid to have him sit there and all that. Finger is gone at the end of the year and signs very small deal. He's below Holzer on the depth chart.

DirtyDion03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:15 PM
  #6
Avec Fromage
Registered User
 
Avec Fromage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Finger's never going to play for the Maple Leafs again. He's just here because of the contract. Burke said that just because the Leafs wasted money on him and it's clearly been a complete waste. Makes the organization look pretty stupid to have him sit there and all that. Finger is gone at the end of the year and signs very small deal. He's below Holzer on the depth chart.
If he's never going to play for the Maple Leafs again, it's BECAUSE of his contract. In terms of skill, he's above Holzer (evident by the fact that Holzer was sent down first in pre-season). Therefore, I put him higher on the depth chart.

Avec Fromage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:25 PM
  #7
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,894
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Fromage View Post
If he's never going to play for the Maple Leafs again, it's BECAUSE of his contract. In terms of skill, he's above Holzer (evident by the fact that Holzer was sent down first in pre-season). Therefore, I put him higher on the depth chart.
Again, the reason why Holzer was sent down first was to give people hope that Finger was actually going to make the team. There was no chance of him making the team and it was hoping that this would give him a confidence boost to help the younger guys down in the Marlies. The last thing Burke needs is Finger asking for a trade or something and having to spend assets to do so.

Giving people hope that Finger isn't wasted space or anything else, was the goal. And clearly on you it's worked. He's not better than Holzer and he got sent back to make the Leafs organization look not as dumb, and to just shut people up about Finger's crap contract.

DirtyDion03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 01:45 PM
  #8
Avec Fromage
Registered User
 
Avec Fromage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Again, the reason why Holzer was sent down first was to give people hope that Finger was actually going to make the team. There was no chance of him making the team and it was hoping that this would give him a confidence boost to help the younger guys down in the Marlies. The last thing Burke needs is Finger asking for a trade or something and having to spend assets to do so.

Giving people hope that Finger isn't wasted space or anything else, was the goal. And clearly on you it's worked. He's not better than Holzer and he got sent back to make the Leafs organization look not as dumb, and to just shut people up about Finger's crap contract.
And you know that this was the goal how? Because you're Brian Burke, right? Also, that point about Finger demanding a trade causing Burke to spend assets is completely assinine.
He stayed up longer because he was the better player. He (like Lashoff) didn't get called up because there's no need to risk going through waivers when he might get a couple of games at most. Might as well let Holzer sit in the press box because he's a non-factor.

Avec Fromage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:02 PM
  #9
zeke
#TeamReimer
 
zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27,813
vCash: 500
in all honesty, the TML website is the worst place to go for news or stats or any info, really.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:07 PM
  #10
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,894
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Fromage View Post
And you know that this was the goal how? Because you're Brian Burke, right? Also, that point about Finger demanding a trade causing Burke to spend assets is completely assinine.
He stayed up longer because he was the better player. He (like Lashoff) didn't get called up because there's no need to risk going through waivers when he might get a couple of games at most. Might as well let Holzer sit in the press box because he's a non-factor.
The reason why Holzer is up is to see if we have enough depth in our organization to still move Franson if one of our d gets hurt. I don't understand how all of a sudden you think Finger is this good d man? He didn't prove anything during the pre-season except that he can play decent positional game. He's nothing spectacular. If Burke was to move Finger because he asked for a trade it's going to take assets to do it, because no one is going to take that crap contract that is Jeff Finger.

I'm not sure why you think that because he didn't get sent back first means that he's better then Holzer? Sure the waivers stop him, and the salary, but that doesn't mean that he's better then Holzer.

DirtyDion03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 06:33 PM
  #11
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Schennanigans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Etobicoke, on
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
I hate the official stuff from this team. Leafstv, the website, it's all crap.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:11 PM
  #12
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
I hate the official stuff from this team. Leafstv, the website, it's all crap.
It is complete crap, it should all be blown up and started from scratch. It would stand a bigger chance.

NikolaiTesla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.