HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs dominate bruins. Lose 1-0

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
I miss seeing the left point man pinch on the PP and give our forwards another pass option. Markov and Hammer were quite good at that.

Old
11-21-2011, 10:21 PM
holyhabs87

You can count on one hand the amount of great scoring chances we had. I am tired of this "(insert goalie's name here) stole it" excuse. Habs outshot the Bruins 15-5 in the third and Boston still had the best scoring chance with the Lucic breakaway.

Boston played a very good road game and we failed to capitalize on numerous juicy rebounds Thomas gave up.

The goal Boston scored was very similar to a chance Cole had a couple minutes before. Difference was Cole shot it to where Thomas was sliding and Ference went far side, against the way Price was sliding.

Old
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The habs lost because they couldn't get to a single rebound. Lots of perimetre shots and no follow up. Everyone knoes timmay is **** with rebounds and that is how we usually embarrass him but no one was in position. Lack of forecheck and coordination.
It was blatant this game.

Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Emelin impressive tonight, Cole, Georges, Price had good games. Eller needs AK, the Habs need AK and Markov.
Very well said, and Habs need AK too!

Subban needs PP time, and Markov and Campoli back in this line up is going to be nice too!

Old
nfld77

Bruins did play bad tonight but for some reason it seems they play their worse against Habs and not taking nothing away from your team. Habs played an excellent game and Thomas won it for us simple as that!

Old
11-21-2011, 10:22 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Fel, can you upload a video of Emelin's hit on Krejci at the beginning of the game?

Would be awesome

Old
le_sean

That's too bad. If they are going to miss the playoffs, then I want them to be the worst team in the league. With the slow start and inconsistency, it will be a big battle for 8th.

Old
Magic33

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinhas2go View Post
cammy's play is digusting...can he be anymore softer?
He is so soft. Watch closely, he loses every puck battle and is horrendous in our zone. Some will say we don't pay him to play in our zone, but at 6 million a year, he's gotta be better than that. He's afraid to get hit, plain and simple. Not to mention he floats in our zone.

He's great when he is scoring (sort of), but when he's not it's ugly.

Old
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
if this was scored in boxing- final Habs 4 Bruins 1. Weird watching becasue as a Bruins fan its as if Thomas was hypnotized before the game and told he was playing Vancouver in the Finals. Montreal skated the Bruins into the ground (again). I don't know what it is but we bleeping look like crap almost every time we play Montreal...just real bad matchups. Boston (really Boston's defense) can't handle the level of quickness the Habs bring. Bruins pretty much made roadkill out of every game in this run but the Blue Jackets but this was flat out grand larceny by Thomas.
nice to hear objective feedback. the b's can't skate with us - few teams can, but seguin and marchand change things a bit. that being said, game was played on special teams and our smurfs being outmatched by your big D like chara, boychuk and mccquaid

Old
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
it made no sense to watch DD or gionta chip it into Chara's corner. None. we also couldn't win any key faceoffs
i don't have the stats in front of me, but im pretty sure we won more faceoffs than they did. and we didn't lose many - if any faceoffs during the first two benny pools powerplays

Old
11-21-2011, 10:23 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Anyone complaining about JM is a fool. Habs played great and Thomas stole it.
Thomas played great, but to say Martin isn't at fault is silly.

In the other games we won, that 2-man+ forecheck was killer. Look at the Bruins. They had at least 2 forwards forechecking in our zone. Half the time it was all 3 forwards. And they won the battles and stayed in our zone for the shift. Tonight half the time it was Cole alone or DD alone. The other half, we managed to create turnovers and chances for us.

And that 3rd line. FFS, get it through your head, Martin. Eller IS NOT A WINGER. He needs space and he cannot -I repeat- CANNOT play wing whatsoever. Gomer on the other hand used to play wing back in the Jersey days and doesn't look out of place as he tends to enter the zone down the wing/near the boards anyway.

In the 3rd, Martin realized the top line wasn't producing chances so he swapped Gionta and Moen. I like Moen but he just doesn't have the IQ to play offense with top players against top players. Cammy was horrible (has been bad all season tbh). Why not take him off Pleky's line and put him on Eller's wing where he succeeded for those couple of games?

Ofcourse the PP sucked and it didn't help, but that's an issue with our game: depending on the PP to get our offense going.

Refs were quite fair for once. Both sides some calls were missed. I'd say it's even.

I feel bad for Price who was screened on the goal. Played a solid game and no one could even score.

At least Cole and Emelin are ****ing awesome.
/rant

Old
MathMan

Games like this would be a lot less annoying if half the Habs' losses weren't of this nature.

Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

There weren't many things wrong with this game. No playing scared, being too small or crap like that tonight. Fact of the matter is that it is always close against the Ruins because they have great defense and great goaltending. It's about who blinks first. Tonight, Habs did, with that poor play resulting in the only Ruins goal. It is always important to score first in a Habs-Ruins game.

Of course, if Habs PP was any good, we could have tied it but it would have still been a close game. Both good defensive teams.

Old
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The habs lost because they couldn't get to a single rebound. Lots of perimetre shots and no follow up. Everyone knoes timmay is **** with rebounds and that is how we usually embarrass him but no one was in position. Lack of forecheck and coordination.
No second chance opportunities all night, I agree. They've had that problem almost all year though. I've noticed the third forward usually starts floating backwards toward the blueline(in an effort to get open I guess), but I don't get it. Sometimes they get as deep as our defencemen.

Speaking of the Dmen, I wish they pinched the entire game like they did with 4mins to go.

Old
11-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
You can count on one hand the amount of great scoring chances we had. I am tired of this "(insert goalie's name here) stole it" excuse. Habs outshot the Bruins 15-5 in the third and Boston still had the best scoring chance with the Lucic breakaway.

Boston played a very good road game and we failed to capitalize on numerous juicy rebounds Thomas gave up.

The goal Boston scored was very similar to a chance Cole had a couple minutes before. Difference was Cole shot it to where Thomas was sliding and Ference went far side, against the way Price was sliding.
we didn't capitalize b/c we didn't have the size to fight through checks in the slot - though many will disagree

Old
11-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I think the lines need to change

I hate the Gionta-plek- Cammy line. Plek can create offensive play but he's not a great playmaker. Cammalleri need space and Gionta can't skate with the puck and he's a horrible passer.

Cammalleri is a pure sniper. He should play with two big guys .

I want to see Cammalleri -Eller - Pacioretty

Old
11-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

If both AK46 and Markov come back for the California trip, then I have better hopes for the team from that point.

IMO, it resembled the Panthers game too much. We didn't suck, yet we lost. However, was that game really better than the Pens-Isles game?

Old
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
let's face it, bruins fans might not want to agree but the B's have 0 intimidation factor vs Habs. after that brawl in boston we creamed you in mtl the game that pacioretty was injured. our team matches up well vs you in many respects. if we had a bit more size at center it could get even more interesting. habs will always get up for the b's - much like toronto always gets up for us
I personally hate playing Montreal- they continuously give the Bruins fits. I haven't seen a lot of the Habs this year, the three games against Boston, and the other night vs Rags and I don't know who the hell they lose

Habs are probably as you said a strong center and a healthy Markov from winning any night when they give a good effort- especially with Price back there.

Old
donghabs98

vCash: 283
oddly when we lose 1-0 it's feels a little worse then 3-0

because at 1-0 you feel like it could have been yours

Old
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I miss seeing the left point man pinch on the PP and give our forwards another pass option. Markov and Hammer were quite good at that.
Our PP is way too predictable. At one point a Bruins defender was pretty much hugging Subban so he could not one time a shot.

Plekanec is really missed down low. Neither DD or Gomez have his creativity or accuracy on passes. DD, especially, is always hitting a defenders skates or stick with his passes.

Old
11-21-2011, 10:26 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
it made no sense to watch DD or gionta chip it into Chara's corner. None. we also couldn't win any key faceoffs
I don't get it. Chara may be slow but he makes up with it with his reach and physicality. He's also a frigging future HOFer.

The faceoff thing has been an issue for a while. DD taking the faceoff while Pleks (who isn't great but he's better than DD) sits at the point is bothersome.

Old
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post

First off we had nearly 20 scoring chances. Secondly that Lucic breakaway was the resuly of a bad play Emelin, who otherwise had a great game. Thomas stole it isn't an excuse, it's a reality. It happens in the sport, so get used to it.

Old
donghabs98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
If both AK46 and Markov come back for the California trip, then I have better hopes for the team from that point.

IMO, it resembled the Panthers game too much. We didn't suck, yet we lost. However, was that game really better than the Pens-Isles game?
That trip to CAL will be a long one. We are facing some really good teams

Old
11-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Anyone complaining about JM is a fool. Habs played great and Thomas stole it.
Good coaches don't do the following...

- Keep their best centerman on the point when it has proven to be a liability far more often than not.
- Use a fourth line schmuck on the powerplay, excluding injuries.
- Bench your best player of the night by a mile during every damn powerplay.
- Leave your goaltender in nets at the 1:39 mark while you have both a faceoff in the offensive zone and a powerplay.
- Play Gomez (center) and Eller (wing) together when both fail miserably as goal scorers, leaving Gionta screwed.

Thomas definitely stole the game but Martin's inability or blatant refusal to adjust aspects of his strategy that simply are not working or never have, is mind boggling.

Old
11-21-2011, 10:27 PM
donghabs98

i hope we regroup and win in CAR

Closed Thread