HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs dominate bruins. Lose 1-0

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2011, 09:46 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Habs will get consistent and better when Martin isn't there, he gets out coached most nights. That is the difference, people can disagree, but his line management and PP ideas of Darche out there, no Subban on the 1st unit with a booming shot really puzzles me???

And Cole, why was he not out there much, and Eller....the kid has mad skills, but gets no PP!

Old
11-21-2011, 09:46 PM
PricePkPatch

Oh, hey..

The hottest team in the NHL, with probably the most powerful offense in the last 10 games, who won almost every single games they recently played by scoring a minimum of FOUR goals and had a PERSONNAL grudge against our team for the victories we've had against them earlier this season.. Not to forget they are practically 100% healthy.

And we happen to hold them off to a single goal with an entirely deficient defensive, made up of some rather skilled, but terribly inexperienced defensemen. We not only held them off to a SINGLE goal (where most teams were happy to limit them to 3), but we dominated the entire game and lost only because their goalie pulled a star performance, as some goalies happens to do.

I was upset for the loss against the Isles. I am not for this one. We showed we are on their level, and if we can play at the Bs' level, we can beat any teams. Just imagine what's gonna happen when our regular D will start rolling back.

edit: and for the record, I am sick ****ing tired of hearing "they played bad against us" and the like to justify whatever success we might have. The Canes, the Rangers, the Bruins. They are supposedly played "bad" against us. Maybe our system happens to make other team look bad when it's well executed. We control the play very well, and our players have very strong positioning. This means we make them look out of position or a bit later on a constant basis.

THEY LOOK BAD BECAUSE WE PLAY GOOD. Not because they don't show up against us. Martin hammered a very, very strong positioning system into this team, and I am just ****ing sick of hearing people who can't understand anything about hockey except a fancy stickplay criticize us. Not all teams play like the ****ing Penguins!

Old
11-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Keep in mind Boston was held to one PP goal by a bunch of minor league defensemen. It bodes well for when we're healthier.
Yes! But No Excuse to get shut out at home..ever!

Old
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Only negative for me tonight was the play of Cammalleri, he is not looking too impressive, not giving enough effort without the puck, if he is not scoring he aint doing much.
I noticed that, too. He's not as engaged in the play lately, not fighting for the puck or controlling it as much when he has it. Not sure if it's a physical or mental issue.

But Cammalleri's earned a margin for error. I trust he'll come around.

Old
The Right Price

I want Muller as the coach so bad!!

Old
11-21-2011, 09:48 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Bruin fan here in peace. I'm just curious as to where this Emelin guy came from? I really liked his game tonight for you guys. He was a very strong physical presence.

Old
11-21-2011, 09:48 PM
sheed36

After the Habs failed to score in the 1st period you just knew Thomas was getting a shutout tonight.. The game just had that feel to it..

Old
11-21-2011, 09:49 PM
zx81

I think that fans are missing a hard hitting D so much that they are losing their head. Emelin wasn't that great and certainly did not deserve a star over Gorges or Cole.

Old
11-21-2011, 09:51 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Bruin fan here in peace. I'm just curious as to where this Emelin guy came from? I really liked his game tonight for you guys. He was a very strong physical presence.
Russian guy they drafted several years ago and tried repeatedly to have cross over. Managed it just this summer. He's still raw and adjusting to NHL ice, as you can see, and his English isn't very good so he didn't get much icetime. But the Habs are down four regulars on D, so he gets a regular shift.

Old
11-21-2011, 09:52 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
He was amazing, but wait until Martin benches him in favor of one of his favorite shrimps.
He is 25 drafted by the Habs played in KHL up until this season.

Old
11-21-2011, 09:53 PM
overlords
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Russia.

Old
11-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Bieber fever

I saw a habs fan beat the **** of out a bruins fan in the stands loll

Old
11-21-2011, 09:54 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
we should sign him to beat up a boston player

Old
11-21-2011, 09:54 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
makes me vomit.

Old
11-21-2011, 09:55 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Why do so many Bruin fans feel the need to say this when they post on the Habs board? After we read your post we'll know if you came here in peace or are just trolling..

Old
11-21-2011, 09:57 PM
tdecheno

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
but we dominated the entire game and lost only because their goalie pulled a star performance, as some goalies happens to do!
Yes, lets use this excuse after every loss. Miller, Markstrom, Thomas, i'm forgetting a couple.....we made Thomas look like genius tonight, just like all those other games. It's like every game we've won is cause the goalie looked like Andre Racicot.

Ansolutely NO FINISH on this team. Obviously getting some guys back on D will help, but please, for the love of God, stop saying the goalie is stealing games from us, we aren't exactly making it difficult for them, lol....

Old
11-21-2011, 09:57 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
A Russian guy we drafted in 2004. Was pretty much an all-star defenseman in the KHL. You know, being at 6'2'', 225lbs hitting machine you can understand why so many of us wet our trousers over him.

Old
11-21-2011, 10:01 PM
JOKER 192
Still waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdecheno View Post
Yes, lets use this excuse after every loss. Miller, Markstrom, Thomas, i'm forgetting a couple.....we made Thomas look like genius tonight, just like all those other games. It's like every game we've won is cause the goalie looked like Andre Racicot.

Ansolutely NO FINISH on this team. Obviously getting some guys back on D will help, but please, for the love of God, stop saying the goalie is stealing games from us, we aren't exactly making it difficult for them, lol....
Exactly,which big save did Thomas make tonight I didn't see one.Steady yes,32 saves yes ,amazing no.

Old
11-21-2011, 10:02 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
I'm done with Martin. No Subban on a 6 on 4 in the last minute? **** this..sit Cole for Darche earlier..sit Cole again in the last minute..you know the forward who actually creates offense.
Done with Martin? This loss had nothing to do with bad coaching. Martin had a great gameplan and the habs outplayed the bruins all game with a steady forecheck and great scoring chances. So, if anything give credit to Martin for getting his team ready to play the hottest team in the league and Cup Champs. Habs lost 1-0 because Thomas was a wall.

Old
11-21-2011, 10:04 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER 192 View Post
Exactly,which big save did Thomas make tonight I didn't see one.Steady yes,32 saves yes ,amazing no.
True.
While Montreal played a better game and probably deserved the win more than the Bruins I didn't think Thomas was that great. He was obviously solid but there were basically zero second scoring opportunity.

Old
11-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Rangers are far from elite. I'll give you Boston and Philly...and both those teams have quite a bit on the Habs and that's

A) Coaching
B) Size/toughness
C) Good centermen (The only good centerman we have is Pleks and he's more like a 2nd line centerman)
D) SKILL, FINISH

Again, Habs are a few players away from being elite. I don't care what anyone says. Need to get bigger/thougher.
Philly isn't really all that tough anymore, especially with Pronger out every other game. That has really become a skill first team team.

Sure they can call on Jody Shelley but that usually means the game is over.

Old
11-21-2011, 10:06 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Philly isn't really all that tough anymore, especially with Pronger out every other game. That has really become a skill first team team.
With small centers, too.

Old
11-21-2011, 10:07 PM
TripleLow5

Tough one, Price played well just coulden't get a bounce.. on to Carolina

Old
11-21-2011, 10:08 PM
tdecheno

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Done with Martin? This loss had nothing to do with bad coaching. Martin had a great gameplan and the habs outplayed the bruins all game with a steady forecheck and great scoring chances. So, if anything give credit to Martin for getting his team ready to play the hottest team in the league and Cup Champs. Habs lost 1-0 because Thomas was a wall.
hahahaha a litteral wall....we shot directly on him all night. Sure Martin isn't at full fault, but he has to lose his Weber and Darche fetish. Great chance to tie the game with 6-4 and has PK on the bench, lmao....

Old
11-21-2011, 10:10 PM
CuteHockeyBunny

Andrei Kostitsyn was invisible tonight. Trade him.

Closed Thread