HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Fall Organizational Ranking

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2011, 04:49 PM
  #1
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,692
vCash: 500
HF Fall Organizational Ranking

Nashville not in the bottom 3rd (No Surprise There)

Linky Link

Top 10 again


Last edited by Joe T Choker: 11-18-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 04:23 PM
  #2
Gnashville
Playoff losers
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,861
vCash: 500
Probably fell out of the top 5 though I'd be surprized if we don't. Last years' draft did very little to restock.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 04:39 PM
  #3
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Probably fell out of the top 5 though I'd be surprized if we don't. Last years' draft did very little to restock.
I disagree, Balisy, Hellberg, Salomaki, and Shalla are all pretty good prospects that will def help.

Id say Hellberg and Salomakis stocks have risen a bit since to.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 04:46 PM
  #4
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 7,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I disagree, Balisy, Hellberg, Salomaki, and Shalla are all pretty good prospects that will def help.

Id say Hellberg and Salomakis stocks have risen a bit since to.
I agree with that, it was a good draft for us, even without the 1st rounder.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 07:19 PM
  #5
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,799
vCash: 500
Salomaki is going to be a boss.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 07:57 PM
  #6
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,567
vCash: 500
Agree^^

Brent Andrews doesnt seem to bad either, I actually really like this draft a lot.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:16 AM
  #7
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,799
vCash: 500
We're in at #7. Since they never re-evaluated our prospects from last year, I'm not sure I understand how we dropped from 3. Whatever.

Quote:
7. Nashville Predators

Strengths: Nashville boasts some of the best depth in the NHL, with quality players at every position. Taylor Beck, Austin Watson, and Michael Latta can chip in offense and play a gritty two-way game. Many top prospects such as Blake Geoffrion and Craig Smith have already proven themselves at the NHL level. Ryan Ellis and Jonathon Blum are amongst a talented group of blue liners on the cusp of being NHL ready. The combination of Anders Lindback and Jeremy Smith in net rivals almost any other system.
Weaknesses: Despite the glut of quality prospects, Nashville lacks top-tier goal-scoring forward. Several high drafted prospects such as Charles-Olivier Roussel and Zach Budish have not developed as expected.
Top 5 Prospects: 1. Jonathon Blum, D, 2. Taylor Beck, LW, 3. Ryan Ellis, D, 4. Austin Watson, RW, 5. Roman Josi, D.
Lost to Graduation: Matt Halischuk,
Lost to Trade: Taylor Stefishen.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...s_fall2011110/

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:26 PM
  #8
Gnashville
Playoff losers
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
We're in at #7. Since they never re-evaluated our prospects from last year, I'm not sure I understand how we dropped from 3. Whatever.



http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...s_fall2011110/
I called It!!!!!!!!!!!

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:29 PM
  #9
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,692
vCash: 500
Can a brother get an elite goal scorer in the organization this summer ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:33 PM
  #10
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,799
vCash: 500
Considering we only graduated Halischuk, and had Smith jump leaps and bounds (though HF wouldn't know because they haven't updated our prospect rankings forever), I really don't get the fall.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 03:47 PM
  #11
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Considering we only graduated Halischuk, and had Smith jump leaps and bounds (though HF wouldn't know because they haven't updated our prospect rankings forever), I really don't get the fall.
I think it has less to do with what we lost and what some of the others gained like huberdeau, zibidajad, rnh, etc

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 07:04 PM
  #12
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,509
vCash: 325
Anyone in their right mind knew Florida would be first

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 07:29 PM
  #13
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 11,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Anyone in their right mind knew Florida would be first
Just take their top Forward, D, and Goalie. Huberdeau, Gudbranson, Markstrom.

Lawd

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 07:30 PM
  #14
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I think it has less to do with what we lost and what some of the others gained like huberdeau, zibidajad, rnh, etc
I agree, but I'd think Smith rocketing up to #1 from #13 (IMO) would offset that.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 07:56 PM
  #15
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I agree, but I'd think Smith rocketing up to #1 from #13 (IMO) would offset that.
i don't. all those guys have higher upside and a bit more hype. i think being a late bloomer hurts.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:03 PM
  #16
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i don't. all those guys have higher upside and a bit more hype. i think being a late bloomer hurts.
True, but the simple fact that Smith is our "13th best prospect" invalidates almost the entire evaluation of our system. It shows that the "evaluation" simply was not done. We are in the top 10 because the writers knew the Predators had a good system, but they couldn't be bothered to put in the effort or time to properly grade our talent. They essentially just stashed the Predators in the top 10 out of reputation, not analysis. Further, they demonstrated they have no idea what kind of talent is in this system.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:24 PM
  #17
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
True, but the simple fact that Smith is our "13th best prospect" invalidates almost the entire evaluation of our system. It shows that the "evaluation" simply was not done. We are in the top 10 because the writers knew the Predators had a good system, but they couldn't be bothered to put in the effort or time to properly grade our talent. They essentially just stashed the Predators in the top 10 out of reputation, not analysis. Further, they demonstrated they have no idea what kind of talent is in this system.
I agree...so too does Admirals Roundtable who wrote this in response last week:

Quote:
For some reason, people still like to give Hockey’s Future some kind of credibility when it comes to scouting and writing.

Frankly, I think they fail miserably at both. If you have an Internet connection and can memorize the hockeydb.com URL, you have met the prerequisites for being a Hockey’s Future writer! Mazel tov!
http://admiralsroundtable.com/2011/1...ockeys-future/

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:38 AM
  #18
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I agree, but I'd think Smith rocketing up to #1 from #13 (IMO) would offset that.
I don't know that I would put smith at number 1 quite frankly. just as guilty as the knuckleheads are of feeding the hype machine, so are we as fans. Pred fans really only know smith from a solid world championship and a nice start to the season. We don't know if he is a better prospect than an blum, ellis, hedberg, josi, or beck. I don't know if the reason he gets all the accolades right now is because he was the new fresh face who gave us something we lacked-a shooter, or because he is that good. Is it because Blum came in and did such a solid job at the end of last year that we overlook the fact that he still, in fact a new guy? I think these are questons we need to ask ourselves if we are really going to evaluate our kids or just go with the loud groupthink.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.