HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

James Reimer

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2011, 09:17 AM
ACC1224

vCash: 500
No doubt they're a much better team with Reimer, plus it keeps Gustavsson out of the net.

Win, win.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:18 AM
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist

Seen the replay many times now, I have no doubt smurf Gionta intended to collide with Reimer, don't think he meant to hurt him, but he knew exactly what his intention was. I recall Rosehill and others crashing Price after that happened. I would continue that trend next time we meet the Smurfs. That play still bothers me, Gionta is a tough little guy, like the way he plays but that was a tad dirty what he did to Reimer.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:41 AM
zeke
#freewilly

I don't get the Reimer denyers, really. I mean sure he's unproven, but the Leafs were a .500 team before he came, were an elite team with him in net, and have been a .500 team again immediately after he gets injured.

It's not rocket science, he's just significantly better than our other options.

Old
11-22-2011, 10:06 AM
marquee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
I don't get the Reimer denyers, really. I mean sure he's unproven, but the Leafs were a .500 team before he came, were an elite team with him in net, and have been a .500 team again immediately after he gets injured.

Let the season play out first lol. We played good for a stretch last year and that made us an elite team? I've always said that Reimer just doesnt have the track record. If he can finish this season like he did last year than your claims wouldnt look as bad. Personally I dont thinki he'll finish it as the number one and if he is we arent going far this year.

Old
11-22-2011, 10:18 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post

Over his past 8 starts (not counting a mediocre training camp) he's bettered 0.900 twice. Given the rest of the team has close to 3 times the sample size, I'd say it is a little disingenuous to arrive at the conclusion you are proposing.

We all hope he's the guy. We just need to see it for a significant period.

Old
11-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

1k'd.

Closed Thread