HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 2.0: Markov out 3+ weeks (minor surgery) Campoli & Spacek practicing

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Paul Dipietro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
I imagine he'll see a lot of time on the 4th line and as a 7th d-man if the Habs decide to go that way for certain games. White's out for the foreseeable future, so a healthy lineup without him would probably look something like this:

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Eller-Gomez-Kostitsyn
Moen-Nokelainen-Weber

Markov-Gorges
Spacek-Subban
Gill-Campoli

Darche as the 13th forward, Emelin as the 7th defenseman. Maybe swap Gill and Spacek because of the history between Gill and Subban, but I think Spacek is better-suited for that 2nd pairing.

I think the team actually values Diaz more than Emelin (maybe even the players, as Gorges said he was the young d-man who impressed him the most), but given the circumstances surrounding both players it'd be easier to send Diaz to the minors.
I don't see how Campoli fits in the lineup with both Gill and Spacek in.

And I'm personally sick of seeing Weber on the 4th line. If they want to keep him as a defenceman, then they should play him at D.

Let the guy who they hired after the fact on a temporary basis play at forward...

Old
11-22-2011, 01:22 PM
zzoo

"Toutefois, l'entraîneur-chef Jacques Martin n'a pas écarté la possibilité qu'il soit de retour pour le voyage dans l'Ouest qui s'entamera le 30 novembre prochain, à Anaheim, contre les Ducks."

"Le défenseur Hal Gill devrait pour sa part effectuer un retour dans la formation, contre les Hurricanes de la Caroline, mercredi. Il s'est entraîné aux côtés de Yannick Weber.

Andrei Kostitsyn sera lui aussi du voyage, mais il ne disputera aucune des deux rencontres."

http://fr.canoe.ca/sports/nouvelles/...22-115823.html

Old
11-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
"Toutefois, l'entraîneur-chef Jacques Martin n'a pas écarté la possibilité qu'il soit de retour pour le voyage dans l'Ouest qui s'entamera le 30 novembre prochain, à Anaheim, contre les Ducks."

"Le défenseur Hal Gill devrait pour sa part effectuer un retour dans la formation, contre les Hurricanes de la Caroline, mercredi. Il s'est entraîné aux côtés de Yannick Weber.

Andrei Kostitsyn sera lui aussi du voyage, mais il ne disputera aucune des deux rencontres."

Not sure how I feel about Markov coming back in the lineup a week earlier (than speculated) against a tougher/bigger opponent. As good a test as any I guess...

Old
11-22-2011, 01:31 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post

I am willing to bet that Markov plays on Saturday night at home against Crosby and his girls.

Old
11-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
I am willing to bet that Markov plays on Saturday night at home against Crosby and his girls.
I'll take that bet. If I've learned one thing about the Habs it's you take their probable return date, add four weeks, multiply by three and add a precautionary week.

Old
11-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Craig71

Finally all our short falls as a team will be fixed, Mr Markov is back in town.

Old
11-22-2011, 01:43 PM
FXBrassard

Eller-Gomez-Kostitsyn
Moen-Nokelainen-Darche

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Gill-Spacek\Weber

I want to see that line-up one day.

Old
11-22-2011, 01:55 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Eller on the wing makes me

Old
11-22-2011, 01:59 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXBrassard View Post
Eller-Gomez-Kostitsyn
Moen-Nokelainen-Darche

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Gill-Spacek\Weber

I want to see that line-up one day.
Switch Eller and DD, and replace Darche with some muscle. Spacek with Campoli.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:03 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Based on the play as of late, will we see:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Kostitsyn - Gomez - Eller
Darche - Nokelainen - Moen

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Spacek

Price
Budaj

Extras: Campoli, Diaz, Palushaj and Bluden
You have too many players, only allowed 23 on the roster.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Eller on the wing makes me
Would you rather see him play 4th line at center?

Old
11-22-2011, 02:20 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Good thing Markov gets to have light contact maybe his knee will get re injured before the real things starts lol.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
I don't see how Campoli fits in the lineup with both Gill and Spacek in.

And I'm personally sick of seeing Weber on the 4th line. If they want to keep him as a defenceman, then they should play him at D.

Let the guy who they hired after the fact on a temporary basis play at forward...
Those are more the lines I expect to see rather than ones I want (for one, I'd definitely keep Eller at center).

As for Campoli, he was signed after the fact, but that was because management wasn't happy with how the D looked. Obviously minds may have changed now having gotten the chance to see all the young guys play, but if they want to stay in the lineup they're going to have to outplay him. And I certainly don't see him playing forward...

This will of course all be moot when the injured guys return and other players go down.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:41 PM
ClasslessGuy

Diaz or Emelin sent down? my bet is on diaz

Old
11-22-2011, 02:48 PM
onice

Markov given green light for contact

I don't know if this is good or bad news for the Habs but it might just save his marriage.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubaka View Post
Diaz or Emelin sent down? my bet is on diaz
Diaz is the obvious choice, he started out strong but has struggled more and more, especially in terms of defensive coverage. Emelin is getting better and better each game and making an impact with his physical play.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:04 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Diaz is the obvious choice, he started out strong but has struggled more and more, especially in terms of defensive coverage. Emelin is getting better and better each game and making an impact with his physical play.
Yup, I agree

Old
11-22-2011, 03:20 PM
CGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Good thing Markov gets to have light contact maybe his knee will get re injured before the real things starts lol.
How can you call yourself a Habs fan posting garbage like this?

I give you a shakehead smiley, and politely request that you stop polluting the Habs forum with garbage.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
The point is then he can stay on IR and we won't have his cap hit this season or possibly next and we can sign someone to replace him.
I could see how you think that way for a guy like Campoli but definitely not for Markov

While I am also skeptical of his ability of coming back to form and staying in the lineup we really need him

Old
11-22-2011, 03:26 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGG View Post
How can you call yourself a Habs fan posting garbage like this?

I give you a shakehead smiley, and politely request that you stop polluting the Habs forum with garbage.

I can cal myself a HABS fan for the fact that I do not agree with management and this contract for an aging oft injured D man. I had no issue with them re signing him but seriously 5.75 a year for 3 years when he hasn't played in almost 3 seasons for more than say 20 odd games really.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
If Plekanec is still on the point I'm going to be very upset, but I could actually see Martin doing something stupid like that.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:29 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
I could see how you think that way for a guy like Campoli but definitely not for Markov

While I am also skeptical of his ability of coming back to form and staying in the lineup we really need him
We unfortunatly need more than just Markov ugh our kids are doing an admirable job but they are far from stellar. As was evident by some of our glaring defensive errors even from Subban last night with his terrible penalty he took against Marchand. I am not so sure he will A.) come back and be even remotley close to anything we had seen out of him in his previous years and B.) he will only last 20 games max before suffering yet another season ending injury

Old
11-22-2011, 04:36 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Again ? Seriously ? How this cannot be considered trolling is beyond me.

Old
11-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I can cal myself a HABS fan for the fact that I do not agree with management and this contract for an aging oft injured D man. I had no issue with them re signing him but seriously 5.75 a year for 3 years when he hasn't played in almost 3 seasons for more than say 20 odd games really.
The guy is 32, how does that equate "aging". He played 40 games the season before last and was our best player, check out our record with him in the lineup in 09-10.

Guys like him don't grow on trees and signing them away as UFA's would cost about 8 mil...and that's when there are some available.

Old
11-22-2011, 04:41 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The guy is 32, how does that equate "aging". He played 40 games the season before last and was our best player, check out our record with him in the lineup in 09-10.

Guys like him don't grow on trees and signing them away as UFA's would cost about 8 mil...and that's when there are some available.
40 games boy for 5.75 a year I would hope we get more than that out of him. I know his deal then wasn't 5.75 but after the injuries he has dealt with I am not sure what PG was thinking offering him that deal. I am figuring 20 games max and another injury he seems to be a magnet for them over the last 3 seasons he has also had other injuries through his career. Recent ones more serious than past ones mind you but still more injuries than you like from your top D man. I would never sign Pronger either his injury list is even worse.

Closed Thread