HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HABS fans and Bs fan at the game last night

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2011, 02:15 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 500
HABS fans and Bs fan at the game last night

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Great move guys in teh video way to stay classy. I really have to wonder if alcohol should be alowed at sporting events. THings like this really lend credence to the fact it should not.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

That's just stupid.

Why do people feel the need to fight like that...

Old
11-22-2011, 02:22 PM
neofury*

Let's fight in front of 20k people knowing full well we'll get ejected from the game and cause a scene derp dee derp.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:22 PM
29dryden29

No idea and our fanbase has the gall to call out Bs fans as knuckle draggers just shows we have morons just like they do. Way to stay classy HABS fans very dissapointing. Biggest thing is for the poor parents that take their kids to the games and then have to talk to the kids and tell them why this shouldn't happen.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Lshap

I've been to plenty of games, including the last Mtl-Bost match, and have never seen this kind of crap. No reason to change rules for something that so very rarely happens.

Old
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Great move guys in teh video way to stay classy. I really have to wonder if alcohol should be alowed at sporting events. THings like this really lend credence to the fact it should not.
Booze=$$$$$$$

Out of the 21,273 people there last night 8 got in a fight... so the rest should be punished and not being allowed to drink?

Old
donghabs98

vCash: 499
were you there or was this just a video you found on the web

3,100 post

Old
11-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
That's just stupid.

Why do people feel the need to fight like that...
It's called foreplay

Old
11-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Perrah

Word is Bruins fans are saying it wasnt a fight just a whole lot of diving.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:28 PM
LyricalLyricist

There's no evidence to suggest they were habs vs b's fans or habs fans or just b's fans. I doubt the 3rd option but sometimes people fight for reasons that don't involve the game...so it could be some habs fan action here. Either way, just sad, unless the guy was being a dick to you I don't see why you'd have to fight. At end of the day, at least they can't say habs fans and their team don't fight.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:29 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post
Booze=$$$$$$$

Out of the 21,273 people there last night 8 got in a fight... so the rest should be punished and not being allowed to drink?
8 People get in a fight then the parents that have kids there get to console thier kids after seeing it next to them and sit and explain why people are idiots and that alcohol is generally the root of the problem would you rather kids not be alowed at games I think the alcohol being taken out of the equasion at games is a much better idea. You can search oodles of these kinds of things on youtube. it happens far more frequently than one may think.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:29 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
No idea and our fanbase has the gall to call out Bs fans as knuckle draggers just shows we have morons just like they do. Way to stay classy HABS fans very dissapointing. Biggest thing is for the poor parents that take their kids to the games and then have to talk to the kids and tell them why this shouldn't happen.
they sell 10$ the beer.

Imagine you pay 30$ for a 24 pack
if you sell them all, you've done 800% profit

but for the parent thing. Its a good way to learn kids about things to not to do

Old
11-22-2011, 02:32 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
they sell 10$ the beer.

but for the parent thing. Its a good way to learn kids about things to not to do
And you think that young kids should have to see this in teh stands next to them? I take my kids to games often I have seen this happen only once while they were with me at a Knights game I then spent the next hour calming my 4 year old down who was scared to death because of it. Then explaining to them how these things shouldn't happen and why they sometimes do and what THEY should do if someone is bothering them.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
they sell 10$ the beer.

More like you buy a 24 for 30 dollars then add in water and have 2 24s.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:35 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
they sell 10$ the beer.

I'm not sure but don't companies pay more for beer due to resale? Well...i'm not talking about the habs because they have an obvious molson connection, but in general, if you go to a club or something, don't they pay the bottle more than the 20-30$ you find at the SAQ?

Old
11-22-2011, 02:37 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'm not sure but don't companies pay more for beer due to resale? Well...i'm not talking about the habs because they have an obvious molson connection, but in general, if you go to a club or something, don't they pay the bottle more than the 20-30$ you find at the SAQ?
Short answer yes. A club will pay 2X the retail store rate for the same case of beer you or I would buy in the beer store.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Classified

Quote:
8 People get in a fight then the parents that have kids there get to console thier kids after seeing it next to them and sit and explain why people are idiots and that alcohol is generally the root of the problem would you rather kids not be alowed at games I think the alcohol being taken out of the equasion at games is a much better idea. You can search oodles of these kinds of things on youtube. it happens far more frequently than one may think.
So it's the organizations duty to be a good parent?

Old
11-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Lafleurs Guy

This kind of stuff is just embarrassing. I don't know why folks can't just have fun at the game.

I went to a Leaf game in TO wearing my Hab jerseys and it was an awesome experience. It's too bad this kind of garbage has to happen in NHL rinks.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Classified

Quote:
Short answer yes. A club will pay 2X the retail store rate for the same case of beer you or I would buy in the beer store.
In Nova Scotia bars buy from the NSLC (gov't run), and they pay the same price as I do...

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
First I ever hear of this.

Old
29dryden29

Quote:
So it's the organizations duty to be a good parent?
It is their duty to try and make a safe environment for myself and my children to go for a night of entertainment if you can;t see that then you may want to talk to other parents. Do you have any kids out of curiosity?

Old
11-22-2011, 02:40 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
In Nova Scotia bars buy from the NSLC (gov't run), and they pay the same price as I do...
Not here in Ontario

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/Art...aspx?e=3279390

Old
11-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Same reasoning. It's their kids, why should everyone else have to change their behavior because parents can't explain why people fight. Hell, why bring them to a hockey game where fights can happen in the first place? Hockey is a very aggressive and physical sport, has been that way for a very long time now. However, if you suggested making a family/kids only area at the Bell, why the hell not? Or limit the number of beverages they can have? But to stop people from buying beer? lol like that will ever happen. Oh and by the way, let's not kid ourselves, shall we. Children fight all the ****ing time, they know why it happens. One would say that adults fighting sets a bad example, please, kids learn how to hit other kids by an early age.

True enough, yes, fights do happen at the Bell. Not that very often though. Whenever I've been to Boston, the hole mob would want to start a fight with you. People stop watching the game, come down to your row and challenge you to a fight. They keep throwing food and beer at you. When you're in a bathroom, they all shove you with their shoulders. Thing is, if you even had to defend yourself because some drunkard attacked you, they'd all pile up on you and beat you into a coma. Yes, I've seen fights break out at the Bell vs Leafs or Bruins, but never seen anything near the way you're treated in Boston. Regardless, fighting shouldn't happen where ever you are. But dumbasses will be dumbasses.

Last edited by Cupmonger: 11-22-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old
11-22-2011, 02:45 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Thanks. I remember hearing about it but i'm not in that business nor remotely close to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
First I ever hear of this.
I've heard of it a few times. Not sure if it's true, but me and dryden have heard the same.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
It is their duty to try and make a safe environment for myself and my children to go for a night of entertainment if you can;t see that then you may want to talk to other parents. Do you have any kids out of curiosity?
With all due respect to you and raising your kid what makes Quebec such a great place is that the knee-jerk mentality to ban everything because of isolated incidents doesn't apply here. I am from Ontario and that is a huge part of the mentality there. In Ottawa they stop selling beer after the second and I suspect the same in Toronto. The games there make a morgue sound exciting.

Personally I love to have a beer or two while watching a game. I rarely get to go to hockey games and when I do I leave room in the budget for a couple wobbly-pops during the game. I have never been violent, never got in anything even remotely close to and altercation at a hockey game and I also have never seen fights at a game.

What happened last night is an isolated incident. There is nothing wrong with people enjoying beer and letting loose at a hockey game.

Closed Thread