HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindros & LeClair on Missanelli's show

Old
11-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

vCash: 500
Lindros & LeClair on Missanelli's show

E: They are scheduled to be on live today (Dec. 14) at 4PM-6PM EST, 97.5 FM for those few that don't know what station he's on locally.

Laviolette is also due to make a call-in as well.

Those out of town can tune in online at www.975thefanatic.com.

link.

Last edited by Phileeguy: 12-14-2011 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Another radio appearance.
Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:44 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Did they ever track down Renberg?

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Did they ever track down Renberg?
He was in some European country doing PBP

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 02:48 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Should be interesting. Mike Miss knows nothing about hockey.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 04:38 PM
TarredandFeathered*

Since Renberg is supposedly not coming, who is going to fill in on the Leclair-Lindros line?

TarredandFeathered* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 04:39 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarredandFeathered View Post
Since Renberg is supposedly not coming, who is going to fill in on the Leclair-Lindros line?
Bob Clarke?

Seriously... it would be cool to see a fight in an alumni game... let alone one between two teammates!! lol

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 04:42 PM
TarredandFeathered*

I hate Clarke with a passion, so I wouldn't mind seeing him get beaten up by the Big E

Old
11-21-2011, 04:43 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Recchi?

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 04:51 PM
04' hockey

Quote:
I hate Clarke with a passion, so I wouldn't mind seeing him get beaten up by the Big E
son.....lindros couldn't hold Clarke's jock when it comes to Championships and Leadership.....

K ?

04' hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 04:54 PM
DickTony

Seeing Lindros play hockey in a Flyers uniform is going to be nice. I've been waiting for this for years. Legion of Doom would be a nice bonus, but Lindros and Leclair is good enough for me...I bet they'll plug Sjon Podein on this line...

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 05:21 PM
lancer247

hard to believe Lindros is going on with Missinelli. Miss was the one that started the rumor about Lindros missing a game because he was hung over (along with Craig Carton). Miss was always raggin on Lindors for off ice stuff.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 08:50 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Mike Maneluk?

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:29 PM
TarredandFeathered*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04' hockey View Post
son.....lindros couldn't hold Clarke's jock when it comes to Championships and Leadership.....

K ?

That's your opinion.

Personally, I think Clarke is in the top 3 list for dirtiest players to ever play the game. Talent wise, he couldn't hold Lindros' jock.

He'll be seen as a better captain because he won the Cup twice on teams that were stacked. Lindros practically carried the team through the mid-late 90s and still almost won a cup. I take Lindros any day of the week.

And by the way, Lindros in his prime could beat a prime Clarke senseless.

Old
11-21-2011, 09:31 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Do they have a full roster anywhere for the alumni game?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 10:15 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
hard to believe Lindros is going on with Missinelli. Miss was the one that started the rumor about Lindros missing a game because he was hung over (along with Craig Carton). Miss was always raggin on Lindors for off ice stuff.
The bigger one was when Missanelli started the rumors about Lindros and then mob boss Joey Merlino. I was furious that day and it was the closest I ever came to calling a talk show. I wanted to rip him a new *******.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:02 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
That's your opinion.

Personally, I think Clarke is in the top 3 list for dirtiest players to ever play the game. Talent wise, he couldn't hold Lindros' jock.

He'll be seen as a better captain because he won the Cup twice on teams that were stacked. Lindros practically carried the team through the mid-late 90s and still almost won a cup. I take Lindros any day of the week.

lol this could start a war...but i happen to agree w/ you. not a big clarke fan myself

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
That's your opinion.

Only if you can call not showing up for all four games as "almost won a cup"... and then not showing up for the post game interviews as you duck out the side door... then yes I suppose he almost won one.

Clarke on the other hand did captain the Flyers to two Cups -- one of which he won he needed road game in OT over Bobby Orr -- and lost a six game to a four straight Cup winning team one where the Officiating stole the deciding game from them... and was in one 4 game loss against another four straight Cup winner where they didn't have Bernie and had to go all the games with their backup.,.. and then General Managed three teams to Cup Finals with one of them coming within one game of beating a team that won five Cups in seven years.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:46 AM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Only if you can call not showing up for all four games as "almost won a cup"... and then not showing up for the post game interviews as you duck out the side door... then yes I suppose he almost won one.

Clarke on the other hand did captain the Flyers to two Cups -- one of which he won he needed road game in OT over Bobby Orr -- and lost a six game to a four straight Cup winning team one where the Officiating stole the deciding game from them... and was in one 4 game loss against another four straight Cup winner where they didn't have Bernie and had to go all the games with their backup.,.. and then General Managed three teams to Cup Finals with one of them coming within one game of beating a team that won five Cups in seven years.
The Flyers wouldn't even have made it to the finals that year without Lindros, he was great that run...the finals they got absolutely shot-down and admittedly we could have asked for more from Lindros, but Detroit played a hell of a series. But let's not totally discredit the guy, he was great for our organization at the time.

I love however that you discredit Lindros for a playoff run to the finals, yet then boast about Clarke getting teams to the finals , so Clarke gets the nod for getting them there...Lindros for losing it, I see. If that isn't a spin on things I don't know what is.

Mind you...I get where you are coming with it, not giving Bobby Clarke credit is just as bad. He was considered by many to be the best defensive forward ever to have played, and certainly achieved hockey greatness.

Last edited by decadentia: 11-22-2011 at 05:57 AM.
decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Player or executive? If you say both you should be banished to Mordor.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-22-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
That's your opinion.

Ever see Clarks have a bad shift?. 88 could score three points in the 1st period. Then he would disapear the rest of the game. I will not get in a debate with you when it comes to Clarke vs Lindros. It would be like taking candy from a baby.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-22-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:26 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Quote:
That's your opinion.

I wasn't alive for Clarke, but my Dad (who went to every game when he was in high school during the Bully era) still tells me that Clarke was the dirtiest player to ever play the game. He said he used to slash people's ankles and wrists and shove his stick into their ribs behind the play all the time.

I guess this was off-camera too because I never hear about him being suspended.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Getting away from Clarke v. Lindros here for a bit, the interview just ended and here's what I took from it:

Missanelli threw cupcake questions, many revolving around how they felt during their time playing here (not a whole lot how 88 left), how they feel about the upcoming WC, even sans Renberg, but mostly they talked about their upcoming charity events.

They're having a luncheon at Mortons for $250 per on December 15, with proceeds going to CHOP and they'll be having a signing at the Granite Run Mall the next day.

Details here.

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Plus Lindros & LeClair will be on-air for special two hour broadcast on the Mike Missanelli Show on Wednesday, December 14 from 4:00 - 6:00 PM.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:59 PM
TarredandFeathered*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Player or executive? If you say both you should be banished to Mordor.
Both, in my opinion.
I've never seen so many people get uptight when someone dares criticize Clarke. I wasn't even alive during the 70s, so maybe I'm not as appreciative of Clarke as the player, but when I think of him, I just think of a tremendously dirty player who practically did everything but kill the opponents to win. I just can't respect a guy like that. I'm just not one of the fans who readily embraces that Broad Street Bully image, I'm sorry. Whatever Lindros did on the ice, even if it was hard, it was always clean.

When I think of Clarke the executive, I just think of an insensitive and arrogant *******, "We didn't tell Roger to go get cancer," the Lindros saga, amongst many examples, who ultimately accomplished nothing. Consistently signing, or trading young players for big and slow defenseman, or over-the hill 'stars,' might have something to do with that.

Old
11-22-2011, 06:02 PM
TarredandFeathered*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
I wasn't alive for Clarke, but my Dad (who went to every game when he was in high school during the Bully era) still tells me that Clarke was the dirtiest player to ever play the game. He said he used to slash people's ankles and wrists and shove his stick into their ribs behind the play all the time.

I guess this was off-camera too because I never hear about him being suspended.
Not always

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 11-22-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: YT Edit