HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HABS fans and Bs fan at the game last night

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Cupmonger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
It is their duty to try and make a safe environment for myself and my children to go for a night of entertainment if you can;t see that then you may want to talk to other parents. Do you have any kids out of curiosity?
Realistically, the safest they can do is with the security guards, and they were quick to act. But by your reasoning, the hole town shouldn't allow alcohol anywhere because you fear a fight might break out in the street or a restaurant where you're at. I can understand parents wanting to protect their kids. But this...

Old
GlorifiedMe

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Great move guys in teh video way to stay classy. I really have to wonder if alcohol should be alowed at sporting events. THings like this really lend credence to the fact it should not.
You are unbelievably reactionary.

Questioning if alcohol should be served at sporting events because a fight broke out between 8 idiots last night? You do realize that millions of people go through the doors of the Bell Center every year and this very rarely happens. So why would you start questioning policy when this rarely rarely happens. Unbelievably reactionary.

Also - I understand that it might make parents around that section last night concerned. I would definitely be concerned for the safety of kids if hooliganism were to break out around them, but for you this wasn't even a safety issue. You just didn't want to have to talk to your kids and explain to them what's going on and why it's inappropriate. You shouldn't shelter kids, you should use these moments to teach them. Is it really that bad to have to talk to your kids?

Also, not sure if you noticed, but fights actually happen on the ice. All the time. Maybe the players are drunk? WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE KIDS!

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Thanks. I remember hearing about it but i'm not in that business nor remotely close to it.

I've heard of it a few times. Not sure if it's true, but me and dryden have heard the same.
I would have thought they pay less because of the quantity they buy.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Classified

Quote:
It is their duty to try and make a safe environment for myself and my children to go for a night of entertainment if you can;t see that then you may want to talk to other parents. Do you have any kids out of curiosity?
I do not... and I'm sure that when the day comes and they see a fight I will be able to explain why it happened.

Did not know that about the LCBO... but if it's different in NS then it could be different in QC too.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:49 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Thanks. I remember hearing about it but i'm not in that business nor remotely close to it.

I've heard of it a few times. Not sure if it's true, but me and dryden have heard the same.
I posted a link to it above but here it is again just in case you guys missed it as it was an edited post.

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/Art...aspx?e=3279390

A bar will pay 41 something for the same case I would pay 29 bucks for so not quite 2X but damn near it.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:49 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

I've never managed to get drunk at a hockey game. I mean first its beer, and very light beer at that. It costs a fortune so its not very likely to buy 10 of these.

Some people simply have no self control. When you have 21 000 people in the same place there are bound to be a few of these in there.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Bieber fever

Can we sign one of these guys ?

Old
11-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
8 People get in a fight then the parents that have kids there get to console thier kids after seeing it next to them and sit and explain why people are idiots and that alcohol is generally the root of the problem would you rather kids not be alowed at games I think the alcohol being taken out of the equasion at games is a much better idea. You can search oodles of these kinds of things on youtube. it happens far more frequently than one may think.
honestly thats just life. You can't hide kids from this their whole life. Sounds cold but its just life man

Old
11-22-2011, 02:53 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Can we sign one of these guys ?
You mean, they jump a guy in a team, beat him & kick him...yet you want them on the habs? You're joking right? Don't you know that play on the ice will get a habs player a penalty. He should join the B's where jumping someone means it's 5 min major for both the 'victim' and aggressor.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:53 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post
I do not... and I'm sure that when the day comes and they see a fight I will be able to explain why it happened.

Did not know that about the LCBO... but if it's different in NS then it could be different in QC too.
I have no idea why a bar should have to pay more for a case of beer especially when they are buying so much more. You would think with the ammt they buy it would be much cheaper but that is the LCBO for you.

As for those above asking about talking to children I have no problems talking to my kids I was the one who explained to them why mommmy and daddy were no longer going to be married lol. Talk about a terrible discussion to have to have with your kids. Mine are 15 10 9 and 4 and 3 of them play hockey and know full well about fighting.

Old
11-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I've never managed to get drunk at a hockey game. I mean first its beer, and very light beer at that. It costs a fortune so its not very likely to buy 10 of these.

Some people simply have no self control. When you have 21 000 people in the same place there are bound to be a few of these in there.
How sad would it be that they ban beer after an incident like this if the fight was actually fueled by something they snorted or injected themselves with... Looking at a few of the individuals involved, I wouldn't be surprised

I personally blame GSP

Old
11-22-2011, 03:07 PM
OpenIceHit

It's time for a new Prohibition era!!!

Old
11-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
8 People get in a fight then the parents that have kids there get to console thier kids after seeing it next to them and sit and explain why people are idiots and that alcohol is generally the root of the problem would you rather kids not be alowed at games I think the alcohol being taken out of the equasion at games is a much better idea. You can search oodles of these kinds of things on youtube. it happens far more frequently than one may think.
Making the arena a 'dry' venue will not curtail fighting, people will just drink before they go, like they do for football games. This stuff will happen, it is disgusting and shameful, and luckily is a rare occurrence.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:16 PM
29dryden29

They shouls atleast be held to the same supposed standards as any alcool serving venue. Those serving gthe alcohol to patrons if the person wanting to purchse is visibly intoxicated they should no longer be served and in some cases removed from the establishment so as to not possibly cause any problems for themselves or others.

I know at our bars if you appear intoxicated in any way you no longer get served and they will ask you to leave the premises.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

stuff happens

cant be avoided

ppl can show up to an event already bombed.

happens in college levels, all different sports in all different countries.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:21 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
stuff happens

cant be avoided

ppl can show up to an event already bombed.

happens in college levels, all different sports in all different countries.
People show up to Knights games allready ****faced and they deny them access to the game IMHO that is the way it should work.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Cupmonger

From one of the comments on the video:
"Apparently, the fight wasn't hockey fan-related; apparently it was over one of the guys grabbing another guys' girl"

Maybe we should ban men from games at the Bell Center.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:24 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
"Apparently, the fight wasn't hockey fan-related; apparently it was over one of the guys grabbing another guys' girl"

The world went to hell when women got the vote lol they should be left at home less problems that way lol

Old
11-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

"There's a fight at a hockey game, let's ban alcohol all sporting events" is the equivalent of "There was a car accident and 3 people died, let's ban cars"

Stupid things will always happen, I hate the idea of "Let's install ridiculous precautionary measures so nothing ever happens". It's what's always happening now, everyone's so reactionary.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Habs fans vs Habs fans.

Old
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post

How about we only admit girls that no amount of drinking will make attractive?

Take THAT you perverted POM fan cameraman!

Old
Bieber fever

Men being men

Old
11-22-2011, 03:33 PM
PricePkPatch

Mario Dumont was there. Apparently, he's going to say on 98,5 later tonight what it was.

Apparently, it had nothing to do with Bruins fans. It was between French guys. One spectator was heckling Price all evening, and people around him tried to shut him down.

People lost their cool at the end of the game. Apparently, the security guard "secured" one of the fighter on Dumont's chair and told him to take a hike...

Old
11-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Godzilla

Mark Recchi says that the alcohol consumption at the game was embellished.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just heard on TSN 990:

There were 4 Bruins fans just insulting all the Habs players on the ice and racist slurs were thrown at Subban amongst others. Before the beginning of the 2nd or 3rd, the Habs fan with the leather jacket told them to shut up, and they kept saying "Come outside tough guy" and threatening him. Right before the end of the game, the Habs fan lost it and then it all happened.

They were being idiots and deserved worse. Props to the Habs fans for holding back for 3 whole periods before actually whooping their arse. They should've been kicked out since the beginning of the game.

(Someone should put this in the OP)

Closed Thread