HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Ticket Exchange Thread: buy, sell, or trade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2011, 08:41 AM
  #1
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 32,238
vCash: 562
2011-12 Ticket Exchange Thread: buy, sell, or trade

Figured it's about time this board got its own ticket exchange thread going so that we can have a one-stop place for anyone in need of tickets for this upcoming season.

This will help prevent clutter and give us (and anyone else) a place to come to see if there's anything available from our boards fans for any game. God knows those of us that are STHs will occasionally miss a game or two here or there.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 08:42 AM
  #2
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 32,238
vCash: 562
reserved for list of tickets being sold

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 09:07 AM
  #3
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 34,280
vCash: 500
If anyone has an extra for tonight (I think DaveG's is spoken for already) I'd appreciate it. I have a single but my older son wants to come.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 05:10 PM
  #4
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @
 
30Rinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
I'm interested in tickets for the Dec 29th game against the Leafs - Likely lower bowl.

Will check back sooner, but PM me if you have them. Tons of tickets left on ticketmaster, so really looking for some under face value (i.e. under regular price ticketmaster).

30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:04 PM
  #5
Joe McGrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Looking for tickets to Games on Dec. 1 and 3. I'm coming down for a long weekend and id prefer not to pay $50 worth of fees to ticket master for 2 tickets to each game.

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 06:24 PM
  #6
Watershed
Triple Lindy
 
Watershed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
I am looking for 2 tickets for fridays game if anyone has extras. I thought I was going to be out of town but plans changed last minute. Im on a budget so uppers would be preferred Pm me if you have the goods!

Watershed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 07:15 AM
  #7
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,623
vCash: 500
Anybody got about 4-5 tickets to the 12/3 game against Pittsburgh?

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:35 PM
  #8
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,535
vCash: 500
I'm coming down for the Jan 14 game, ad see that tickets go on pre-sale the day after Thanksgiving. I'll be at the B's/Detroit matinee so won't be online to get any when they go on sale (even though I think that's just a presale). Any idea when general tickets go on sale, or how one could get a presale password? Do you think it will be a tough game to get tickets to?

Any suggestions for cool things to do? We're beer drinkers and love trying out local brews and brew pubs.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:41 PM
  #9
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I'm coming down for the Jan 14 game, ad see that tickets go on pre-sale the day after Thanksgiving. I'll be at the B's/Detroit matinee so won't be online to get any when they go on sale (even though I think that's just a presale). Any idea when general tickets go on sale, or how one could get a presale password? Do you think it will be a tough game to get tickets to?

Any suggestions for cool things to do? We're beer drinkers and love trying out local brews and brew pubs.
Hi Kate - check out the Guide to Raleigh thread. You're definitely coming to the right place for beer though. The microbrew scene has exploded in the Triangle in the last 5 years and there's no shortage of great breweries. Offhand I can recommend the following with no reservations:

Fullsteam Brewery (Durham, NC)
Aviator Brewing (Fuquay-Varina, NC)
Big Boss Brewing (Raleigh, NC)
Lonerider Brewing (Raleigh, NC)
Carolina Brewing Company (Holly Springs, NC)

Let me know what you like and I'll recommend one that would probably site you the best. Fullsteam is probably the most interesting - they do lots of agriculture-based beers that are outside of the norm. For instance when my wife and I went a few weeks ago the lineup was:

Fullsteam Southern Lager (standard southern lager)
El Toro Cream Ale (Corn-based cream ale)
Rocket Science IPA
Carver (Sweet potato lager)
IGOR (Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout)
Paw Paw Golden Ale (paw paw Belgian style ale)
Working Man's Lunch (Chocolate stout)

They've also been known to have First Frost, a persimmon based beer.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:19 PM
  #10
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Hi Kate - check out the Guide to Raleigh thread. You're definitely coming to the right place for beer though. The microbrew scene has exploded in the Triangle in the last 5 years and there's no shortage of great breweries. Offhand I can recommend the following with no reservations:

Fullsteam Brewery (Durham, NC)
Aviator Brewing (Fuquay-Varina, NC)
Big Boss Brewing (Raleigh, NC)
Lonerider Brewing (Raleigh, NC)
Carolina Brewing Company (Holly Springs, NC)

Let me know what you like and I'll recommend one that would probably site you the best. Fullsteam is probably the most interesting - they do lots of agriculture-based beers that are outside of the norm. For instance when my wife and I went a few weeks ago the lineup was:

Fullsteam Southern Lager (standard southern lager)
El Toro Cream Ale (Corn-based cream ale)
Rocket Science IPA
Carver (Sweet potato lager)
IGOR (Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout)
Paw Paw Golden Ale (paw paw Belgian style ale)
Working Man's Lunch (Chocolate stout)

They've also been known to have First Frost, a persimmon based beer.
Thanks! I must have missed the Guide to Raleigh thread -- I only did a quick scan of your board in between meetings right before I booked our flight. I'll definitely check that out. All of those beers sound great.

Really looking forward to the trip. Only been to Raleigh once, and that was for work so I was only able to see the hotel I stayed at.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:48 AM
  #11
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,623
vCash: 500
So with a few of you willing to part with season tickets given the current state of the Canes...

Anybody got about 4 tickets to the 12/3 game against Pittsburgh?

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 05:11 PM
  #12
moml111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
I have two seats together in Sideline Premier Section 102, Row Y (aisle seats on center ice side) for the game on 11/29/11 for the Canes vs Florida Panthers. General Parking pass included. Selling for half price. Selling for $50/each, $100 cash payment total. Hard tickets. Gate price is $95/each (week of game pricing)


Last edited by moml111: 11-26-2011 at 10:56 AM.
moml111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 03:51 PM
  #13
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @
 
30Rinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Anybody for the Leafs vs Canes Dec 29th? Trying to finalize my plans - would LOVE hard tickets (i.e. STH printed tickets) to add to the collection.

Budget is under $100/ticket, looking for under ticketmaster price (but at or over your season ticket price). Looking for lower bowls ideally.

Want to get something solid before early-mid december - I don't mind driving and meeting you wish cash the day of or before the game (coming from TO anyway), or can arrange online payment.

PM me anything you've got! Looks like I'm going to be on Stubhub or craigslist if this doesn't pan out

30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 04:23 PM
  #14
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor
 
garnetpalmetto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Durham, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 4,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Rinks View Post
Anybody for the Leafs vs Canes Dec 29th? Trying to finalize my plans - would LOVE hard tickets (i.e. STH printed tickets) to add to the collection.

Budget is under $100/ticket, looking for under ticketmaster price (but at or over your season ticket price). Looking for lower bowls ideally.

Want to get something solid before early-mid december - I don't mind driving and meeting you wish cash the day of or before the game (coming from TO anyway), or can arrange online payment.

PM me anything you've got! Looks like I'm going to be on Stubhub or craigslist if this doesn't pan out
You may want to press your luck in the ticket resale area outside the RBC Center. You'd be sure to get hard tickets there and TBH I'm sure you'll be able to get tickets. I don't think the Leafs are one of those teams that sell out the RBC Center like the Pens do, for instance. Just remember if you go that route the maximum you can pay is $5.00 over face value.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:05 PM
  #15
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @
 
30Rinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
You may want to press your luck in the ticket resale area outside the RBC Center. You'd be sure to get hard tickets there and TBH I'm sure you'll be able to get tickets. I don't think the Leafs are one of those teams that sell out the RBC Center like the Pens do, for instance. Just remember if you go that route the maximum you can pay is $5.00 over face value.
The max I can pay? As in the scalpers actually follow the rules and put them at face value? We've never heard of something like this in Toronto, lol Our tickets are 2 to 3 times face value from scalpers.

Or is this some sort of team run thing?

Thanks for the advice!

30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:13 PM
  #16
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 34,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
. Just remember if you go that route the maximum you can pay is $5.00 over face value.
Which is, of course, considerably less than what you'd give ticketmaster.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:39 PM
  #17
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 32,238
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Rinks View Post
The max I can pay? As in the scalpers actually follow the rules and put them at face value? We've never heard of something like this in Toronto, lol Our tickets are 2 to 3 times face value from scalpers.

Or is this some sort of team run thing?

Thanks for the advice!
State law actually. I had people offering me over $500 for my ticket to Game 7 of the finals in 06, first question I asked ANYONE who offered to buy my ticket is "are you a cop?"

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:18 PM
  #18
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @
 
30Rinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
State law actually. I had people offering me over $500 for my ticket to Game 7 of the finals in 06, first question I asked ANYONE who offered to buy my ticket is "are you a cop?"
But it is a law that is actually enforced? Our law is against over face value tickets too, but no one cares, cops walk right by, etc.

If I can actually just walk up to the arena and get tickets at actual face value (or lower?) then I'd go that route for sure - thanks!

30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:56 PM
  #19
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 32,238
vCash: 562
Yeah, the one thing about that is that you'll have better odds finding better seats going through someone on here rather then a scalper.

It's not exactly overly enforced in person, but for a regular season game (aside from the home opener) you're going to be paying face value or occasionally a bit less.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 06:32 PM
  #20
MD
#woofwoof
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 500
Anyone have tickets to the game tomorrow and not planning on going? A buddy and i were thinking about going but dont want to spend a whole lot (broke college students), but will pay a fair price.

MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 11:18 AM
  #21
adamv32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
seating question

Hey so I'm coming down for the Leafs vs canes game on Dec 29th and was wondering what kind of view we will have from our seats, they are second row 112 row x?

adamv32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 03:47 PM
  #22
Canes Fan
Registered User
 
Canes Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Season Ticket Holder

I am a season ticket holder for the Canes - I have seats 102 R 11-14 I started in 2000 with two other fans after 2 seasons they dropped out. I kept my seats and just sell about half through the season. People are welcome to buy 1, 2 3 or 4 of my seats to most games. Thanks for your interest. Joel (text me at 919-426-3334 if interested)

Canes Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 03:49 PM
  #23
Canes Fan
Registered User
 
Canes Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamv32 View Post
Hey so I'm coming down for the Leafs vs canes game on Dec 29th and was wondering what kind of view we will have from our seats, they are second row 112 row x?
Good seats you are on the side where the Leafs shoot twice which I am sure that is what you want. I appreciate the fans from Toronto as they are always respectful. Enjoy your trip.

Joel

Canes Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2011, 10:45 PM
  #24
HoneyBrownTown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Would anyone be interested in trading me 2 Maple Leafs game tickets for 2 Devils tickets next week?

My tickets are in 334 row G. I'd have to mail my tickets, but if someone is interested by Wednesday they'd be to the Raleigh area by Monday.

HoneyBrownTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 11:01 PM
  #25
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 32,238
vCash: 562
I have an extra for the 26th if anyone's interested.

314, Row C

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.