HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HABS fans and Bs fan at the game last night

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Cupmonger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
How about we only admit girls that no amount of drinking will make attractive?

Take THAT you perverted POM fan cameraman!
Dude, those are always kids or teenagers on the pom camera.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:48 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
No idea and our fanbase has the gall to call out Bs fans as knuckle draggers just shows we have morons just like they do. Way to stay classy HABS fans very dissapointing. Biggest thing is for the poor parents that take their kids to the games and then have to talk to the kids and tell them why this shouldn't happen.
I read this whole thread and I'm sorry but you are way off in criticizing our fanbase and those that do drink at the Bell Centre and see nothing wrong with it. For one thing, we have 41 regular season games every season and they are sold out at 21273 people every game. This is the first time in a heck of a long time that we are even talking about a fight in the stands. It almost never happens and certainly not with this intensity level.

The thing is that you immediately blamed alcohol as though this happens all the time. It turns out that on the radio today, it was reported that it was in fact some guy who groped some other guy's girlfriend. This is what led to the fight and certainly other joined in on one side or the other.

Of course it could have been that alcohol led to the groping BUT I was at the game and half tanked and all I did was have a great time with the people around me. The fact that most people drink at the Bell Centre and that a fight rarely occurs ( can't remember the last one we talked about) tells me that you are overreacting by a large margin.

Having to explain unpleasant things is your duty as a parent and if your solution is to remove those unpleasant things from view your kid will be totally unprepared for real life where this happens all the time. I have to say that I am amazed this doesn't happen much more often considering the passion involved by the fans of each team on the ice. How the Leaf fans that are belligerent and loud (having not even been in the playoffs for how long now?) leave the Bell Centre vertically still amazes me.

The difference between us and the knuckle dragging B fans is that they live for a good beatdown and will deliver it to anybody (fans included) that isn't a B fan. We, on the other hand, are pretty reserved and very classy to fans of other teams. We taunt them but only verbally and even then I have never seen it escalate the way it did last night.

You are way off: we are very classy and we are great hockey fans. Even opposing team players love coming here for the ambiance and passion...not the sideshows.

Old
11-22-2011, 03:57 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Dryden, I take it you've never been to Philly for a game of any sports

The way I see it is that if you can't handle your alcohol (get rowdy/harass/fight/whatever), then you should get banned from drinking til the event is over or kicked out if the damage is severe. And if you think your kids shouldn't see that violence, well, I agree but you're at a pro hockey game ffs. Go to a junior game if the kid's your concern.

Old
11-22-2011, 04:36 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Dryden, I take it you've never been to Philly for a game of any sports

The way I see it is that if you can't handle your alcohol (get rowdy/harass/fight/whatever), then you should get banned from drinking til the event is over or kicked out if the damage is severe. And if you think your kids shouldn't see that violence, well, I agree but you're at a pro hockey game ffs. Go to a junior game if the kid's your concern.
I have actually been to games in Minny Detroit Chi Town St Louis Pitt Philly Buffalo Hartford Boston Long Island NYC Jersey MTL TO Ottawa and QC. Some interesting games to say the least lol. Philly was a very intense place but we were in grade 6 when our hockey team went and we were sitting with the host hockey team so we didn't have any issues. I do know Philly is a pretty shady barn to watch a game in.

I have dealt with it at our JR games in London my 4 year old daughter was scared to death due to the idiots sitting behind us fighting.

Old
11-22-2011, 04:43 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
I have actually been to games in Minny Detroit Chi Town St Louis Pitt Philly Buffalo Hartford Boston Long Island NYC Jersey MTL TO Ottawa and QC. Some interesting games to say the least lol. Philly was a very intense place but we were in grade 6 when our hockey team went and we were sitting with the host hockey team so we didn't have any issues. I do know Philly is a pretty shady barn to watch a game in.

I have dealt with it at our JR games in London my 4 year old daughter was scared to death due to the idiots sitting behind us fighting.

Sadly, idiots are everywhere. I have seen sober idiots start fights at sporting events.

Just teach your kids to NOT be those idiots and things will be fine.

Old
11-22-2011, 04:44 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Just heard on TSN 990:

There were 4 Bruins fans just insulting all the Habs players on the ice and racist slurs were thrown at Subban amongst others. Before the beginning of the 2nd or 3rd, the Habs fan with the leather jacket told them to shut up, and they kept saying "Come outside tough guy" and threatening him. Right before the end of the game, the Habs fan lost it and then it all happened.

They were being idiots and deserved worse. Props to the Habs fans for holding back for 3 whole periods before actually whooping their arse. They should've been kicked out since the beginning of the game.

(Someone should put this in the OP)
Thanks JB, I posted this in the Youtube comments sections. Can't believe some people see a 7 on 1 fight and that story sounds so typical that usually I wouldn't just assume unless I knew before, but I have a very strong feeling that report was correct. I'm sure there were lots of witnesses to corroborate.

Old
11-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Habs

Quote:
Short answer yes. A club will pay 2X the retail store rate for the same case of beer you or I would buy in the beer store.
Not sure how you can generalize this, because I am owners in a bar and pay much less than the consumer for a Keg, or any package.

Old
11-22-2011, 04:49 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Lol @ op

big whoop. It's a entertainment sport; type of event that doesn't attract the highest IQ's in the city.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:01 PM
habs24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Just heard on TSN 990:

There were 4 Bruins fans just insulting all the Habs players on the ice and racist slurs were thrown at Subban amongst others.
At least someone stood up for PK. His teammates wouldn't do it.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:06 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Not sure how you can generalize this, because I am owners in a bar and pay much less than the consumer for a Keg, or any package.
Anything that goes through SAQ (LCBO I'm sure is the same) is actually 30-40% more than retail. You are talking about beer kegs and the breweries compete directly and outside the realm of the SAQ but there is a control on pricing for wine and hard booze and IT IS more expensive for the reseller (restaurant, bar or bistro) to obtain the booze. If they are found without the requisite tags on their bottles they lose their license instantly and have to shut down or conduct business without booze. It is no joke this is the way it is. I know this for a fact my father in law buys the booze for the bar and even thought they are non profit they are under the same rules as regular bars.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Adam91

is there even any boston fans involved? I couldn't see any?

Old
11-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
And you think that young kids should have to see this in teh stands next to them? I take my kids to games often I have seen this happen only once while they were with me at a Knights game I then spent the next hour calming my 4 year old down who was scared to death because of it. Then explaining to them how these things shouldn't happen and why they sometimes do and what THEY should do if someone is bothering them.
So what steps do you want the world to take to ensure you don't have to do the least bit of parenting?

Old
11-22-2011, 05:25 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
No idea and our fanbase has the gall to call out Bs fans as knuckle draggers just shows we have morons just like they do. Way to stay classy HABS fans very dissapointing. Biggest thing is for the poor parents that take their kids to the games and then have to talk to the kids and tell them why this shouldn't happen.
God forbid parents should have to talk to their kids.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Habs13

...just a strong hockey play!

Edit: Go see a soccer game in the UK and tell me this was something to talk about. As a kid, I saw people throw bricks at each other.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:28 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

wow that is bat **** crazy

Old
11-22-2011, 05:29 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Did you read the article I linked to the pricing? In Ontario bars pay MORE than the general public walking into the beer store to buy beer.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Evil Ted

I feel terrible for the parents who were sitting with kids close by.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:33 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
So what steps do you want the world to take to ensure you don't have to do the least bit of parenting?
LOL at you questioning my parenting skills how old are you? I am going to assume you have no children of your own and you obviously didn't read the rest of the thread before commenting.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:34 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Habs fans vs Habs fans.
Correction HF fan vs HF fan

Old
11-22-2011, 05:35 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
False !

Old
11-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Marchy79

Quote:

I hear ya... I have 3 kids all under the age of 3, and somethings are absolutely nightmarish situations to deal with. I have 2 older sisters who are both teachers, and though I went in to Business Admin, I have a similar set of ideals as they do... Bottom line, as parents, we have to be consistently teaching our kids the differences in the world, what is acceptable and what is not. As difficult as it is to accept, it is our role to help them see and understand the world around them (and also the world of print).

There will never be a solution to end fighting... I will be teaching my boys just the right things.. I.E. It is never appropriate to hit a woman, it isnt appropriate to be a bully, and dont let others walk all over them.

But the BIGGEST thing I will teach them is understanding. I.E. what happens, why it happens and what could have been done to avoid it.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:37 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Sadly, idiots are everywhere. I have seen sober idiots start fights at sporting events.

That is all we can do and that is what I do with my kids especially when things like this happen and even moreso when it happens when they are present at the event.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Dude, those are always kids or teenagers on the pom camera.

In my day it was one or the other. You'd see people giving it their all busting some moves and acting the fool and it was always some bimbo who ended up winning

Glad to see your mind went there though...

Old
11-22-2011, 05:49 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

Troll post, but actual serious question:
if those guys are idiots, because they started to fight, what does it make hockey players that fight? Are you actually not doing the opposite by teaching your kid about (nhl) hockey (which involves fights)? You tell your kid "don't be like that Konopka idiot" or you tell him "no thats ok, but not the guys in the stand" ?
If you have to teach a kid about a fight, i highly doubt he can process the difference between a "controlled" fight and an uncontrolled one.

Find it amusing that bunch of comments calling them idiots/no class etc. but when its a fight on the ice, its considered "though".
Fighting in general is idiotic but highly entertaining.

Old
11-22-2011, 05:52 PM
HabsHockey

Quote:
8 People get in a fight then the parents that have kids there get to console thier kids after seeing it next to them and sit and explain why people are idiots and that alcohol is generally the root of the problem would you rather kids not be alowed at games I think the alcohol being taken out of the equasion at games is a much better idea. You can search oodles of these kinds of things on youtube. it happens far more frequently than one may think.
Been going to games since 86. Haven't seen 1 fight.

Closed Thread