HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2011, 07:18 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
As much as I hate it when Nationwide gets overrun by Pens fans... I was among the host of Steelers fans at Paul Brown Stadium yesterday.

It had been more than 20 years since I'd been to a game in Cincy. Those are good fans, and loud. They are definitely excited for their team, and with good reason. The Bengals defense is very good and Dalton and especially AJ Green - that kid can play. And that is a beautiful stadium.

All in all the atmosphere was good. No taunting in our section, just good-natured cheering and ribbing when appropriate to and from both fan bases.

And it was the daughter's first live NFL game. Way cool.

Old
11-16-2011, 04:01 PM
BluejacketNut

Ok, need a little help-so i've got a playoff spot clinched in my fantasy football league (in 1st place), and have a trade offer to decide on. The offer is:
To me-
Decker
Forte
D Williams

Trading away
AJ Green
V Jackson
Mendenall

This would give me a running back lineup of A Peterson and Forte. I still have Jennings at WR, Laurent Robinson at WR, and Mike Tolbert to fill in for the W/R spot we have (play 2WR, 2RB, and W/R slot). I have Miles Austin who's been injured and worthless so far. Decker has Tebo throwing to him, and Williams is just an average player. Is it worth giving up that much to have that running back tandem?

Old
11-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Ok, need a little help-so i've got a playoff spot clinched in my fantasy football league (in 1st place), and have a trade offer to decide on. The offer is:
To me-
Decker
Forte
D Williams

Trading away
AJ Green
V Jackson
Mendenall

This would give me a running back lineup of A Peterson and Forte. I still have Jennings at WR, Laurent Robinson at WR, and Mike Tolbert to fill in for the W/R spot we have (play 2WR, 2RB, and W/R slot). I have Miles Austin who's been injured and worthless so far. Decker has Tebo throwing to him, and Williams is just an average player. Is it worth giving up that much to have that running back tandem?
Do it.

Old
11-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

definately pull that trade...

Old
11-16-2011, 06:53 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Cincinatti Reds... hmmm I think I will follow it more.

Old
11-16-2011, 09:16 PM
BluejacketNut

Trade accepted....hopefully this is the move that takes me to the championship!

Old
11-18-2011, 10:22 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

2 online websites are reporting that Urban Meyer has agreed to coach the Buckeyes

https://twitter.com/#!/elevenwarrior...73410241159169

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/meyer-...ng-staff-29902

11-19-2011, 08:16 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
2 online websites are reporting that Urban Meyer has agreed to coach the Buckeyes

https://twitter.com/#!/elevenwarrior...73410241159169

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/meyer-...ng-staff-29902
Honestly, I stopped reading the SBB article when it said Meyer was aiming to bring Spielman and Herbie on as coaches.....

Spielman, I don't think, wants to risk his reputation that he has here if things go south. He's the most visual of all the former Bucks and he's a mainstay in the Community. Spielman has maintained credibility with even the diehards because he's such a standup guy, as much as he'd want a job like this, I think he stays away.

Herbie just moved out of town to get away from the crazy One Percenters that basically threatened him and his family....

And while it would make some sense to keep Fickell for continuity reasons, I only see this as a last resort, assuming he doesn't go to a lower tier program in some capacity, or as goodwill towards the buckeye faithful by not firing the two buckeyes on Staff (Fickell and Vrabel)

Old
11-19-2011, 10:09 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Speilman, maybe, but no way Herbstreit leaves his TV gig to be an assistant coach.

Old
11-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Pretty rare for OSU to be the good guys, but I hope OSU embarrasses Penn State tonight. No way should they go to the rose bowl.

11-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Meyer was just asked by the PBP guy in the booth (doing the Mich Neb game) if he has accepted the OSU job, and he said he hasn't been offered or accepted a job at tOSU.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
OSU isn't going to make anything official until the season is over (m5, iron clad lock)

Old
11-20-2011, 06:22 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

This race irritates me. Tony Stewart is my favorite driver, and he might have just screwed himself over with that strategy. Any other NASCAR fans here?

Old
11-20-2011, 08:08 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Nevermind, HELL YEAH TONY!!

Thats the best thing thats ever happened to me as a sports fan! What he did was absolutely amazing.

Now to relate this to the Jackets, I've noticed over the past two seasons that the Jackets collapse coincides with the end of the NASCAR season. So I'm hoping that this year it coincides with the resurgence!

Old
11-20-2011, 10:59 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

I've been watching NASCAR since 1995. Tony Stewart's my second favorite driver behind Jeff Gordon. I've seen some incredible races over the years, but that was definitely the best race I've seen that didn't involve Gordon, and one of the best I've seen period. Remarkable. It's definitely the best championship battle I've ever seen, with the points ending in a TIE.

Smoke had damage to the grill and fell to 40th not once, but TWICE under caution trying to get the car fixed. He passed 116 cars over the course of the race (from falling back and going forward) to win. I wasn't too sure about the strategy call of trying to get in position to make it to the finish on one more stop, but damn, it worked out in the end.

Much like Rick Nash with "The Goal", Tony Stewart was winning that championship one way or another. He pulled it off!

Old
11-22-2011, 08:04 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

The Ohio Bobcats, aka The Kings of Early-and-Mid-Week-Football, are working on continuing their stranglehold on the title of Best D1 Football Team in Ohio.

Closed Thread