HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Marc Staal out with a concussion (1/2: Cleared to Play)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2011, 05:54 PM
  #101
nyrfan1026
Registered User
 
nyrfan1026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYR Fan in NJ
Posts: 808
vCash: 500
Nice, but we should not believe anything unless it comes out of staals mouth himself, because we all know the organization hasn't and won't say a word

nyrfan1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:55 PM
  #102
McSauer
Defense Wins Games
 
McSauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudleyDoWright5 View Post
This is true. Airplanes screw with your head. I mean, look what happened to Ryan Church!
No. Ryan Church just plain sucked. Haha I was really rooting for him too, but he was just a poor excuse of a player...

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:55 PM
  #103
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
What a coincidence it would be if Marc played his first game of the season in the Winter Classic, like Jordan for the Pens last year.
He'll follow in the footsteps of his brother and climb to section 527 of Heinz Field before making the trip over to Citizens Bank Park. Ya know, to get in game shape

__________________
Jaime Lannister has better hands than Brian Boyle.
Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:57 PM
  #104
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,676
vCash: 0
Winter Classic return would be epic.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:59 PM
  #105
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anisimov42 View Post
Bobby Mac just said on TSN that Marc Staal should be back by the new year barring any setbacks Nothing new to report, but it is always nice to hear "Experts" confirm it!

I just want to take this moment to remind everyone not to freak out in the future. How many people here said out for a season, maybe career?

Based on the hit that I kept watching over and over, my guess was always around the New Year. It was bad, but it wasn't so bad that he should be out for a full calendar year.

I'm glad the Rangers were extra careful with Staal. Next time, don't freak out. No news does not mean bad news, it does not mean catastrophe.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:02 PM
  #106
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
That's pretty huge even if it's just for a team dinner. They wouldn't let him on an airplane if he was still having headaches.
With our luck the plane will encounter heavy turbulence and the overhead bins will open dumping luggage on Marc's head.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:03 PM
  #107
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
With our luck the plane will encounter heavy turbulence and the overhead bins will open dumping luggage on Marc's head.
And then Marc stumbles and knocks Gabby down, who in turn sprains his shoulder again.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:07 PM
  #108
Tawnos
Moderator
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I just want to take this moment to remind everyone not to freak out in the future. How many people here said out for a season, maybe career?

Based on the hit that I kept watching over and over, my guess was always around the New Year. It was bad, but it wasn't so bad that he should be out for a full calendar year.

I'm glad the Rangers were extra careful with Staal. Next time, don't freak out. No news does not mean bad news, it does not mean catastrophe.
Personally, I'm glad Marc Staal's recovery has given you the chance to pat yourself on the back.

In all seriousness, no one here... or anywhere... had any idea on how long his recovery would take. That's how concussions work. Everyone is affected by them in different degrees and everyone takes different amounts of time to recover. Right now it looks like his recovery is progressing well. He could easily have symptoms return.

I'm glad he's recovering. Maybe once he's back, not only will we get our best D back, but the league will get one of it's best centers back to form.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:08 PM
  #109
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
And then Marc stumbles and knocks Gabby down, who in turn sprains his shoulder again.
Nope, Callahan would try to block Staal and break his ankle in the process

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:19 PM
  #110
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
With our luck the plane will encounter heavy turbulence and the overhead bins will open dumping luggage on Marc's head.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
And then Marc stumbles and knocks Gabby down, who in turn sprains his shoulder again.
....and proceeds to somehow land on Richards and he then gets another concussion.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:20 PM
  #111
NYRKING30
Registered User
 
NYRKING30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Nope, Callahan would try to block Staal and break his ankle in the process
all we would be missing than is jagr shoving gomez to seperate his shoulder

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:25 PM
  #112
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
great to hear, hopefully another great story line for 24/7

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:32 PM
  #113
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,005
vCash: 500
McKenzie said the same thing about Staal on VS.

I would sign for Staal coming back after the All Star break in the last week in January. 35 games remaining in the season. January 31 against Jersey is the first game after the ASG. 10 weeks from now.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:35 PM
  #114
adam94
BU Terriers
 
adam94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
If he can make a comeback like Crosby did then he can take all the time he wants.

adam94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 07:24 PM
  #115
gluvhand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rockland County
Country: Greece
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam94 View Post
If he can make a comeback like Crosby did then he can take all the time he wants.
Don't hold your breath waiting on that. I'll just take him back healthy and effective.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:20 PM
  #116
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 20,387
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Where are all the trolls in the woodwork that said staal's season is done, that he has ZERO chance to recover this season and maybe even his career?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:35 PM
  #117
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,244
vCash: 500
What about the trolls in here said the Season would be over if Staal was out for 7 games..Must win game in game 8..LMAO...Youth...The comments in here are boardering on insane...Im sorry but its all the young guys who haven't got a clue.Infraction me up..Delete the post..Whatever but its the truth....





Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Where are all the trolls in the woodwork that said staal's season is done, that he has ZERO chance to recover this season and maybe even his career?

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:47 PM
  #118
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
What about the trolls in here said the Season would be over if Staal was out for 7 games..Must win game in game 8..LMAO...Youth...The comments in here are boardering on insane...Im sorry but its all the young guys who haven't got a clue.Infraction me up..Delete the post..Whatever but its the truth....
Excuse mua, but I am a young guy and I do have a clue. I am one of the most optimistic people around here and never had any doubts about this team. You old people...

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:17 PM
  #119
surf
Wheres the Reggae?
 
surf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: sea bright nj
Country: United States
Posts: 1,244
vCash: 500
My mistake.I respect and enjoy your posts..Sorry bud..I should have said the majority of the young posters..Not all..Too much panic..Too much give up syndrome...Too much sky is falling because Hockey is real not a video game..How can you be a Rangers Fan and give up after 7 games?? Its so pathetic.




Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Excuse mua, but I am a young guy and I do have a clue. I am one of the most optimistic people around here and never had any doubts about this team. You old people...

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:18 PM
  #120
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Great news! Baby steps, but he'll be back eventually.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:26 PM
  #121
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
My mistake.I respect and enjoy your posts..Sorry bud..I should have said the majority of the young posters..Not all..Too much panic..Too much give up syndrome...Too much sky is falling because Hockey is real not a video game..How can you be a Rangers Fan and give up after 7 games?? Its so pathetic.
It's all good, I was just playing around, but yea, I agree with you on everything you just said. People giving up after 7 games is just sad. They don't deserve to call themselves a fan.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:40 PM
  #122
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 20,387
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
What about the trolls in here said the Season would be over if Staal was out for 7 games..Must win game in game 8..LMAO...Youth...The comments in here are boardering on insane...Im sorry but its all the young guys who haven't got a clue.Infraction me up..Delete the post..Whatever but its the truth....
I'm actually pretty young (hitting 21 in december ) and i was a staal supporter the entire time. I don't think its necesserly that young people are being ignorant but some people do jump the gun on the issue as soon as they hear the smallest negative thing.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:02 PM
  #123
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
That's pretty huge even if it's just for a team dinner. They wouldn't let him on an airplane if he was still having headaches.
yeah, i had a brain aneurysm on a plane...the pressure can soemtimes do weird things to you.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:48 PM
  #124
NYRFAN218
Brass God
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
McKenzie said the same thing about Staal on VS.

I would sign for Staal coming back after the All Star break in the last week in January. 35 games remaining in the season. January 31 against Jersey is the first game after the ASG. 10 weeks from now.
Same. I would even sign up for later. I want him to be a hundred percent first and foremost followed by having him back for the stretch run and playoffs. By no means do I want him rushed though.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:51 PM
  #125
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
Is it me or do injured players not travel with their teams? I can't remember it happening ever before in the many, many years of watching hockey. You don't fly hundreds of miles for a team dinner. They can do a team dinner in NYC or somewhere close to it in the DC-Philly-Boston triangle. I'm sure they would move a dinner to another location for one of their key team players.

He must be very, very close to returning, barring a setback.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.