HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Feet starting to hurt again

Old
11-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Lososaurus

vCash: 500
Feet starting to hurt again

After a game, my feet are hurting like they did when I was breaking in my skates. On the bottom of the foot on the outside middle.

The skates themselves are Bauer One55's and are2.5 years old and have seen 2-3 skates a week.

A teammate suggested re-baking them, but I have no idea what to go on.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Lososaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:36 PM
hyster110

are you finding you have to tie your skates tighter to get them to feel supportive?

it may be that they are worn out and you need new ones

hyster110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Thepandamancan

I second the idea that they have broken down...

Another thing you may be doing. Have you changed shoes lately or begun wearing different shoes to the rink? I remember a guy having similar issues and it was cause he switched to wearing flip flops the day of his game.

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 02:28 AM
Lososaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyster110 View Post
are you finding you have to tie your skates tighter to get them to feel supportive?

it may be that they are worn out and you need new ones
Yeah, a bit so. How long are skates supposed to last? I see some guys with skates that look like they're older than I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepandamancan View Post
I second the idea that they have broken down...

Another thing you may be doing. Have you changed shoes lately or begun wearing different shoes to the rink? I remember a guy having similar issues and it was cause he switched to wearing flip flops the day of his game.
Yes, actually. Sandals to shoes.

Lososaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 08:47 AM
noobman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lososaurus View Post
Yeah, a bit so. How long are skates supposed to last? I see some guys with skates that look like they're older than I am.
It really depends on a number of factors, including how you skate, what kind of socks you wear/how much your feet sweat, your weight, etc... usually about 3-4 years. I know some guys who have had the same skates for 10+ years and it doesn't seem to bother them, but it's because they don't skate very hard.

My boots are about four years old now and I have to use clear tape to get them tight enough for proper foot support. I wanted to get through this season with them but it's getting bad!

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:27 PM
hyster110

yours are probably worn out, the one 55 is a pretty low quality skate. and from the sounds of it you skate alot. i personally wore out a pair of graf 709s in 12 months, but i was on the ice 5 times a week. i would look at getting new skates

hyster110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:52 PM
newfr4u

try this. it's very easy and cheap to try and has a good chance it's just strained muscles or ligaments in your foot or calves/shins, and a little self-massage never hurts anyone.

i had to rent skates once and they were way too narrow for me. my feet hurt for weeks until i properly rolled them out.

newfr4u is offline   Reply With Quote