HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Winnipeg - Detroit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2011, 04:07 PM
  #1
probertrules24
Registered User
 
probertrules24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,869
vCash: 500
Winnipeg - Detroit


Bogosian
Wheeler


Filppula
Kindl
pulkkinen
1st/2nd

Filppula so far this year would be second in team scoring for Winnipeg and kindl has looked very solid in his #5-#6 role this year. He still has a lot of upside and I can see him becoming a top 4 at some point. Pulkkinen is one of the Wings top prospects and is a boom or bust prospect. So far he has been excellent in his development.

Bogosian would be a young, big, right handed D-man something the Wings could use. Wheeler I think would look great on the third line with Helm and Abdelkader.

Not sure if the Wings are giving to much for what they get or if they need to remove Pulkkinen and just offer a draft pick or if they still aren't giving enough. I guess the deal I was thinking would be surrounded around these 4. Who would have to add and what would it take. I guess the only real no go I would have is including Smith or Nyquist from Detroit's side.

Bogosian + Wheeler for Filppula + Kindl

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 04:19 PM
  #2
tMyers57
Poni Show
 
tMyers57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 69
vCash: 132
Awful..

Bogosian is finally living up to his draft ranking, he's a huge building block. Wheeler's value is very low, we don't need to sell him right now.

tMyers57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 04:22 PM
  #3
Jet
Moderator
Tony P-ver
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whipanegg
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,551
vCash: 50
Not to be a homer but Bogosian is logging close to 30 minutes and is not missing a beat. We are beating cup contenders without our top pairing D and that has a lot to do with Bogosian. This at the age of 21.

Sorry but Zach is not going anywhere, especially for that return.

__________________
Band Of Beavers
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:09 PM
  #4
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 20,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post

Bogosian
Wheeler


Filppula
Kindl
pulkkinen
1st/2nd

Filppula so far this year would be second in team scoring for Winnipeg and kindl has looked very solid in his #5-#6 role this year. He still has a lot of upside and I can see him becoming a top 4 at some point. Pulkkinen is one of the Wings top prospects and is a boom or bust prospect. So far he has been excellent in his development.

Bogosian would be a young, big, right handed D-man something the Wings could use. Wheeler I think would look great on the third line with Helm and Abdelkader.

Not sure if the Wings are giving to much for what they get or if they need to remove Pulkkinen and just offer a draft pick or if they still aren't giving enough. I guess the deal I was thinking would be surrounded around these 4. Who would have to add and what would it take. I guess the only real no go I would have is including Smith or Nyquist from Detroit's side.

Bogosian + Wheeler for Filppula + Kindl
Unfortunately this is not far from what they asked for last year and the Wings walked away from. While I agree it was too much from the Wings perspective at the time, since then Bogosian has really taken off. I don't really get why people are in such a big movement to scrap our nice forward prospect pool. For the right deal maybe, but honestly ask yourself if this trade makes us bigger contenders. Minimally, the Wings need a big time scoring winger. That is the only thing we should part with prospects for in my opinion, the d-men are going to have to be fixed in the off-season. We need Z and Pav to carry us to whatever we get this year, but crushing our future is not something Holland should be engaging in. Move draft picks or lower prospects and get what we get this year and be aggressive in free agency. Nyquist, Pulkkinen, Jurco, Jarnkrok and Sheahan should be protected. Tatar is off to a slow start and I could see a deal with him. The forwards are aging they need this depth and not all of them will pan out, not sure we even know which ones to give up on yet.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:30 PM
  #5
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 33,572
vCash: 216
Sorry but no thanks from Winnipeg
We are not trading him
He has been logging huge minutes and playing great since Enstrom went out.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:15 PM
  #6
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,207
vCash: 240
sorry, double post


Last edited by Huffer: 11-22-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: double post
Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:18 PM
  #7
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,207
vCash: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Unfortunately this is not far from what they asked for last year and the Wings walked away from. While I agree it was too much from the Wings perspective at the time, since then Bogosian has really taken off. I don't really get why people are in such a big movement to scrap our nice forward prospect pool. For the right deal maybe, but honestly ask yourself if this trade makes us bigger contenders. Minimally, the Wings need a big time scoring winger. That is the only thing we should part with prospects for in my opinion, the d-men are going to have to be fixed in the off-season. We need Z and Pav to carry us to whatever we get this year, but crushing our future is not something Holland should be engaging in. Move draft picks or lower prospects and get what we get this year and be aggressive in free agency. Nyquist, Pulkkinen, Jurco, Jarnkrok and Sheahan should be protected. Tatar is off to a slow start and I could see a deal with him. The forwards are aging they need this depth and not all of them will pan out, not sure we even know which ones to give up on yet.
Not calling you out or anything, but do you have any proof to back up that claim?

Unless it was when they were still the Thrashers, Cheveldayoff has been quite adamant that Bogosian was the D man he would build around.

I am well aware that GM's can say one thing to the media and work behind the scenes to improve their club, but there has been no indication that anything like what you are suggesting was in the works, let alone initiated by the Jets.

Not that it matters, but as a Jets fan I wouldn't make that trade.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:27 PM
  #8
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland
 
atl thrasher344's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Not calling you out or anything, but do you have any proof to back up that claim?

Unless it was when they were still the Thrashers, Cheveldayoff has been quite adamant that Bogosian was the D man he would build around.

I am well aware that GM's can say one thing to the media and work behind the scenes to improve their club, but there has been no indication that anything like what you are suggesting was in the works, let alone initiated by the Jets.

Not that it matters, but as a Jets fan I wouldn't make that trade.
Well last year is when they were still the Thrashers, and yes this is what Dudley asked for last season apparently, maybe a little less though. Here's the thread about it:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=883428

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 07:01 PM
  #9
probertrules24
Registered User
 
probertrules24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
Well last year is when they were still the Thrashers, and yes this is what Dudley asked for last season apparently, maybe a little less though. Here's the thread about it:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=883428
I think I was basing the value on thoughts from last year as well.

I will fully admit that my thoughts on Bogosian's value is based off of stats. I haven't seen many Jets games this year and was looking at his 5 assists in 20 games and -4 rating. Projected that's pretty much the same out put as last two years. I do understand not wanting to move him while Enstrom is out and him logging big minutes.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 07:16 PM
  #10
PostmanPat1919
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Winnipeg wants to hold onto Bogosian, who despite only netting five points thus far has emerged as a big minute, shut-down defenceman.

If Detroit wants to work something out for Wheeler on his own, then I'm pretty sure Winnipeg would be more than willing to listen to a decent offer for him.

PostmanPat1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:23 PM
  #11
Seanahue
Registered User
 
Seanahue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,985
vCash: 109
Winnipeg says no. Bogo is really starting to show why he was worth a 3rd overall. The guys is starting to play like a beast.

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:28 PM
  #12
Anchor Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Hope his offense starts to come around at some point. Only 5 points in 20 games while playing almost 30 minutes a night leaves a lot to be desired.

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:31 PM
  #13
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 20,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Not calling you out or anything, but do you have any proof to back up that claim?

Unless it was when they were still the Thrashers, Cheveldayoff has been quite adamant that Bogosian was the D man he would build around.

I am well aware that GM's can say one thing to the media and work behind the scenes to improve their club, but there has been no indication that anything like what you are suggesting was in the works, let alone initiated by the Jets.

Not that it matters, but as a Jets fan I wouldn't make that trade.
Yes it was Thrasher related under the old regime. In fact it didn't even include parting with Filppula according to most reports although that has varied as you point out, some of this can be jumbled. A combination of the following: Hudler, Kindl/Ericsson, two 1st was what they wanted, think it was a different Wings prospect thrown in if not for both the picks (not really one anybody was upset about) and they didn't want to do the two firsts.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:08 PM
  #14
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Totally lost
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,095
vCash: 156
The second trade thread with a low-ball offer for Bogosian... I guess people outside of Winnipeg have noticed Bogosians play this year but are hoping we haven't

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:14 PM
  #15
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 33,572
vCash: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
The second trade thread with a low-ball offer for Bogosian... I guess people outside of Winnipeg have noticed Bogosians play this year but are hoping we haven't
Bogo has been a beast this year.
Great too see him thrive with Huddy

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:19 PM
  #16
Vincent01
Registered User
 
Vincent01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
The second trade thread with a low-ball offer for Bogosian... I guess people outside of Winnipeg have noticed Bogosians play this year but are hoping we haven't
Well it wouldn't change anything since you don't have an impact on the possible decisions regarding the future of your favorite team.

Though, I'm glad the Jets didn't pull the trigger on Bogosian last summer or even last year when the team was in Atlanta. I always thought that guy would develop as a future stud in the NHL. He seems to have regain his confindence for what I saw and that is fundemental for a young defenseman of his age.

I'm pretty sure the numbers will follow and I can't see the Jets trading him now.

Vincent01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:19 PM
  #17
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,207
vCash: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
Well last year is when they were still the Thrashers, and yes this is what Dudley asked for last season apparently, maybe a little less though. Here's the thread about it:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=883428
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Yes it was Thrasher related under the old regime. In fact it didn't even include parting with Filppula according to most reports although that has varied as you point out, some of this can be jumbled. A combination of the following: Hudler, Kindl/Ericsson, two 1st was what they wanted, think it was a different Wings prospect thrown in if not for both the picks (not really one anybody was upset about) and they didn't want to do the two firsts.
A quick perusal of that thread shows that that "rumor" had no legs. Both Holland and Lebrun deny that there were any talks between Detroit and Atlanta.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun
Regarding all the Detroit/Bogosian chatter, Ken Holland says via text that there's ZERO truth to it; hasn't spoken once to Atl about him.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:39 PM
  #18
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
If I am Detroit, there is no way in HELL do I trade those kind of assets for Bogosian.

1). They don't need him.

2). They can make a pitch for Suter in the off season and possibly get him for nothing. Suter is a franchise defenseman.

3). They can re-sign Stuart who is their 'Bogosian' shut-down physical defenseman... and Stuart has put up more points than Bogosian in the past.

Bottom line, that's HUGE overpayment for Bogosian. No way Detroit touches it with a 10 foot pole. I think they'll land Suter in the off-season... and they'll keep their promising young prospects, potential top 4 dman in Kindl, and one of their best scoring wingers this season.

Easy pass.

edit:

Oh, on Wheeler, the last thing Detroit needs is more bottom 6 forwards. They already have too many bottom 6 guys.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:52 PM
  #19
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 20,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
If I am Detroit, there is no way in HELL do I trade those kind of assets for Bogosian.

1). They don't need him.

2). They can make a pitch for Suter in the off season and possibly get him for nothing. Suter is a franchise defenseman.

3). They can re-sign Stuart who is their 'Bogosian' shut-down physical defenseman... and Stuart has put up more points than Bogosian in the past.

Bottom line, that's HUGE overpayment for Bogosian. No way Detroit touches it with a 10 foot pole. I think they'll land Suter in the off-season... and they'll keep their promising young prospects, potential top 4 dman in Kindl, and one of their best scoring wingers this season.

Easy pass.

edit:

Oh, on Wheeler, the last thing Detroit needs is more bottom 6 forwards. They already have too many bottom 6 guys.
While I likewise passed on the deal. I find the Stuart comparison interesting right down to the shut down defenseman drafted in the top 5 that will never meet his full offensive potential. I think Bogosian is a lot like him, only younger and with better skating.

With that said, I have huge doubts that the Wings will resign Stuart. He has never moved his family to Detroit and it has been reported that contract talks have broke down. He would prefer to move closer to his family and will likely wind up on the pacific coast next season. Not only this but they have demoted him this week to third pairing preferring to play Smith with Kronwall. I think he is expendable and might be shipped because he can bring a positive return when packaged with the right prospect on the trade market.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.