HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Winnipeg - Detroit

Old
11-22-2011, 04:07 PM
probertrules24

vCash: 500
Winnipeg - Detroit

Bogosian
Wheeler

Filppula
Kindl
pulkkinen
1st/2nd

Filppula so far this year would be second in team scoring for Winnipeg and kindl has looked very solid in his #5-#6 role this year. He still has a lot of upside and I can see him becoming a top 4 at some point. Pulkkinen is one of the Wings top prospects and is a boom or bust prospect. So far he has been excellent in his development.

Bogosian would be a young, big, right handed D-man something the Wings could use. Wheeler I think would look great on the third line with Helm and Abdelkader.

Not sure if the Wings are giving to much for what they get or if they need to remove Pulkkinen and just offer a draft pick or if they still aren't giving enough. I guess the deal I was thinking would be surrounded around these 4. Who would have to add and what would it take. I guess the only real no go I would have is including Smith or Nyquist from Detroit's side.

Bogosian + Wheeler for Filppula + Kindl

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 04:19 PM
tMyers57
Poni Show

vCash: 132
Awful..

Bogosian is finally living up to his draft ranking, he's a huge building block. Wheeler's value is very low, we don't need to sell him right now.

tMyers57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Jet
Tony P-ver

vCash: 50
Not to be a homer but Bogosian is logging close to 30 minutes and is not missing a beat. We are beating cup contenders without our top pairing D and that has a lot to do with Bogosian. This at the age of 21.

Sorry but Zach is not going anywhere, especially for that return.

11-22-2011, 05:09 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by probertrules24 View Post

Bogosian
Wheeler

Filppula
Kindl
pulkkinen
1st/2nd

Filppula so far this year would be second in team scoring for Winnipeg and kindl has looked very solid in his #5-#6 role this year. He still has a lot of upside and I can see him becoming a top 4 at some point. Pulkkinen is one of the Wings top prospects and is a boom or bust prospect. So far he has been excellent in his development.

Bogosian would be a young, big, right handed D-man something the Wings could use. Wheeler I think would look great on the third line with Helm and Abdelkader.

Not sure if the Wings are giving to much for what they get or if they need to remove Pulkkinen and just offer a draft pick or if they still aren't giving enough. I guess the deal I was thinking would be surrounded around these 4. Who would have to add and what would it take. I guess the only real no go I would have is including Smith or Nyquist from Detroit's side.

Bogosian + Wheeler for Filppula + Kindl
Unfortunately this is not far from what they asked for last year and the Wings walked away from. While I agree it was too much from the Wings perspective at the time, since then Bogosian has really taken off. I don't really get why people are in such a big movement to scrap our nice forward prospect pool. For the right deal maybe, but honestly ask yourself if this trade makes us bigger contenders. Minimally, the Wings need a big time scoring winger. That is the only thing we should part with prospects for in my opinion, the d-men are going to have to be fixed in the off-season. We need Z and Pav to carry us to whatever we get this year, but crushing our future is not something Holland should be engaging in. Move draft picks or lower prospects and get what we get this year and be aggressive in free agency. Nyquist, Pulkkinen, Jurco, Jarnkrok and Sheahan should be protected. Tatar is off to a slow start and I could see a deal with him. The forwards are aging they need this depth and not all of them will pan out, not sure we even know which ones to give up on yet.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 05:30 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
Sorry but no thanks from Winnipeg
We are not trading him
He has been logging huge minutes and playing great since Enstrom went out.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Huffer

vCash: 240
sorry, double post

Last edited by Huffer: 11-22-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: double post
Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Unfortunately this is not far from what they asked for last year and the Wings walked away from. While I agree it was too much from the Wings perspective at the time, since then Bogosian has really taken off. I don't really get why people are in such a big movement to scrap our nice forward prospect pool. For the right deal maybe, but honestly ask yourself if this trade makes us bigger contenders. Minimally, the Wings need a big time scoring winger. That is the only thing we should part with prospects for in my opinion, the d-men are going to have to be fixed in the off-season. We need Z and Pav to carry us to whatever we get this year, but crushing our future is not something Holland should be engaging in. Move draft picks or lower prospects and get what we get this year and be aggressive in free agency. Nyquist, Pulkkinen, Jurco, Jarnkrok and Sheahan should be protected. Tatar is off to a slow start and I could see a deal with him. The forwards are aging they need this depth and not all of them will pan out, not sure we even know which ones to give up on yet.
Not calling you out or anything, but do you have any proof to back up that claim?

Unless it was when they were still the Thrashers, Cheveldayoff has been quite adamant that Bogosian was the D man he would build around.

I am well aware that GM's can say one thing to the media and work behind the scenes to improve their club, but there has been no indication that anything like what you are suggesting was in the works, let alone initiated by the Jets.

Not that it matters, but as a Jets fan I wouldn't make that trade.

Old
11-22-2011, 06:27 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Not calling you out or anything, but do you have any proof to back up that claim?

Unless it was when they were still the Thrashers, Cheveldayoff has been quite adamant that Bogosian was the D man he would build around.

I am well aware that GM's can say one thing to the media and work behind the scenes to improve their club, but there has been no indication that anything like what you are suggesting was in the works, let alone initiated by the Jets.

Well last year is when they were still the Thrashers, and yes this is what Dudley asked for last season apparently, maybe a little less though. Here's the thread about it:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=883428

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 07:01 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
Well last year is when they were still the Thrashers, and yes this is what Dudley asked for last season apparently, maybe a little less though. Here's the thread about it:

I think I was basing the value on thoughts from last year as well.

I will fully admit that my thoughts on Bogosian's value is based off of stats. I haven't seen many Jets games this year and was looking at his 5 assists in 20 games and -4 rating. Projected that's pretty much the same out put as last two years. I do understand not wanting to move him while Enstrom is out and him logging big minutes.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 07:16 PM
PostmanPat1919

Winnipeg wants to hold onto Bogosian, who despite only netting five points thus far has emerged as a big minute, shut-down defenceman.

If Detroit wants to work something out for Wheeler on his own, then I'm pretty sure Winnipeg would be more than willing to listen to a decent offer for him.

PostmanPat1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Seanahue

vCash: 109
Winnipeg says no. Bogo is really starting to show why he was worth a 3rd overall. The guys is starting to play like a beast.

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Anchor Town

Hope his offense starts to come around at some point. Only 5 points in 20 games while playing almost 30 minutes a night leaves a lot to be desired.

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 08:31 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post

Yes it was Thrasher related under the old regime. In fact it didn't even include parting with Filppula according to most reports although that has varied as you point out, some of this can be jumbled. A combination of the following: Hudler, Kindl/Ericsson, two 1st was what they wanted, think it was a different Wings prospect thrown in if not for both the picks (not really one anybody was upset about) and they didn't want to do the two firsts.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:08 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 156
The second trade thread with a low-ball offer for Bogosian... I guess people outside of Winnipeg have noticed Bogosians play this year but are hoping we haven't

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:14 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
The second trade thread with a low-ball offer for Bogosian... I guess people outside of Winnipeg have noticed Bogosians play this year but are hoping we haven't
Bogo has been a beast this year.
Great too see him thrive with Huddy

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Vincent01

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Well it wouldn't change anything since you don't have an impact on the possible decisions regarding the future of your favorite team.

Though, I'm glad the Jets didn't pull the trigger on Bogosian last summer or even last year when the team was in Atlanta. I always thought that guy would develop as a future stud in the NHL. He seems to have regain his confindence for what I saw and that is fundemental for a young defenseman of his age.

I'm pretty sure the numbers will follow and I can't see the Jets trading him now.

Vincent01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Yes it was Thrasher related under the old regime. In fact it didn't even include parting with Filppula according to most reports although that has varied as you point out, some of this can be jumbled. A combination of the following: Hudler, Kindl/Ericsson, two 1st was what they wanted, think it was a different Wings prospect thrown in if not for both the picks (not really one anybody was upset about) and they didn't want to do the two firsts.
A quick perusal of that thread shows that that "rumor" had no legs. Both Holland and Lebrun deny that there were any talks between Detroit and Atlanta.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun
Regarding all the Detroit/Bogosian chatter, Ken Holland says via text that there's ZERO truth to it; hasn't spoken once to Atl about him.

Old
11-22-2011, 11:39 PM
HTT3*

If I am Detroit, there is no way in HELL do I trade those kind of assets for Bogosian.

1). They don't need him.

2). They can make a pitch for Suter in the off season and possibly get him for nothing. Suter is a franchise defenseman.

3). They can re-sign Stuart who is their 'Bogosian' shut-down physical defenseman... and Stuart has put up more points than Bogosian in the past.

Bottom line, that's HUGE overpayment for Bogosian. No way Detroit touches it with a 10 foot pole. I think they'll land Suter in the off-season... and they'll keep their promising young prospects, potential top 4 dman in Kindl, and one of their best scoring wingers this season.

Easy pass.

edit:

Oh, on Wheeler, the last thing Detroit needs is more bottom 6 forwards. They already have too many bottom 6 guys.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:52 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
If I am Detroit, there is no way in HELL do I trade those kind of assets for Bogosian.

1). They don't need him.

2). They can make a pitch for Suter in the off season and possibly get him for nothing. Suter is a franchise defenseman.

3). They can re-sign Stuart who is their 'Bogosian' shut-down physical defenseman... and Stuart has put up more points than Bogosian in the past.

Bottom line, that's HUGE overpayment for Bogosian. No way Detroit touches it with a 10 foot pole. I think they'll land Suter in the off-season... and they'll keep their promising young prospects, potential top 4 dman in Kindl, and one of their best scoring wingers this season.

Easy pass.

edit:

Oh, on Wheeler, the last thing Detroit needs is more bottom 6 forwards. They already have too many bottom 6 guys.
While I likewise passed on the deal. I find the Stuart comparison interesting right down to the shut down defenseman drafted in the top 5 that will never meet his full offensive potential. I think Bogosian is a lot like him, only younger and with better skating.

With that said, I have huge doubts that the Wings will resign Stuart. He has never moved his family to Detroit and it has been reported that contract talks have broke down. He would prefer to move closer to his family and will likely wind up on the pacific coast next season. Not only this but they have demoted him this week to third pairing preferring to play Smith with Kronwall. I think he is expendable and might be shipped because he can bring a positive return when packaged with the right prospect on the trade market.