HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa / Florida Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Rico__Persson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz
To Florida: Havlat, Redden, Emery
To Ottawa: Luongo

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Throw in a high pick if you have too.

Or I'd keep the Redden/Havlat package together and send them to Vancouver for Bertuzzi.

Ottawa homers aren't going to like that one.

One more thing, keep Jokinen away from Ottawa.

Old
11-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani
If we could get one or the other for the same price, I would pick Jokinen any day of the week. Weight is great, but Jokinen's a better player and less injury prone. He is more of a scorer than a playmaker though, but in the playoffs, I won't mind having another goal-scorer who can score all sorts of goals (including dirty/garbage goals that our stars are incapable of scoring for some reason). Ofcourse, he can also make plays. Havlat and Jokinen would compliment each other well.

Both are excellent choices. Both would be valuable addition to the 2nd PP unit. But Jokinen is a step above at this point.
I'd take the the player with more playoff experience (quite successful playoff experience to boot) over the inexpereinced player, I don't think Jokinen has every tasted post season hockey. This team has Heater, Alf, and Havlat as goal scorers - another "setup" man like Weight would really help the 2nd line, Havlat especially.

Old
11-17-2005, 05:39 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico_Persson

Or I'd keep the Redden/Havlat package together and send them to Vancouver for Bertuzzi.

Because it is a terrible trade.

Old
11-17-2005, 06:00 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
Because it is a terrible trade.
1. Solves the cap situation.
2. Brings in a player that will instantly step into top duties. (no picks or prospects....waiting game).
3. Plays a Muckler brand of hockey.

Old
11-17-2005, 06:04 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Luongo has already stated he wants more money than any Sens player. I don't see how that's a good trade really.

Old
11-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Roy G Biv*

Quote:

JokinenJokinenJokinenJokinenJokinenJokinenJokinenJ okinenJokinen

Old
11-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:

Don't like the trade, but I couldn't agree with you more on the Jokinen subject. If we are getting a #2 guy, I want someone who I know has had playoff success. I've been witness to too many unexperienced (playoffwise) players folding under the pressure of the big lights. Not a gamble I want to make, unless it is for a 3rd round pick - but we know that ain't happening.

Ps. I'd like the trade if it was Redden/Havlat/pick for Ohlund/Bertuzzi, but I doubt Vancouver does that.

Last edited by Captain_Cunney: 11-17-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old
11-18-2005, 12:14 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

I just wanted to throw it out there, I mean what are the odds of that actually happening? I would put my money on closer to zero. I figure it would start some interesting discussion though. And it really does matter about the whole money situation, maybe Luongo would take less money to play for a major contender (I think we all believe Ottawa will be a top team next year too).

Like the other person said, depending on the money I thought it could maybe help our Salary Cap situation. I've always put really really high value in goaltenders, thats why I offered up so much for a calibre player like Luongo.

Old
11-22-2005, 04:55 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Luongo looked fairly normal against the Sens Saturday night, Hasek and Emery seem to be playing very well and IMO Hasek will probably be back next year. Unless Hasek gets a season ending injury I don't see the Sens picking up a goalie at all and I don't think that Florida is looking to ship Luongo out without significantly improving their team like a Peter Forsberg for Luongo and that's not going to happen. We don't need him, we have Hasek argueably the best goalie in NHL history and Emery has already made the jump frpm the AHL to the NHL and done well, he can only get better.

Closed Thread