HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm #21 Kings @ Blues, 11/22/11 - POST GAME WIN!, THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-22-2011, 10:52 PM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
No one wants to talk about the awesome Game Westy put together?

The fourth line was real good tonight.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:55 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I am so sick of all the petty bickering amongst us King fans. Enough is enough. Take a roll call of all of the great posters who aren't here any longer and you will see what happens when that type of petty garbage comes in.

We are all fans of the same team. ALL OF US.

Its fine to have differing opinions of how things should go and what seems right or wrong and great to debate them with each other. I am happy that I have friends here who see things differently then I do and only come back when I do to keep up with what everyone is saying both the good and the different.

Lets let the bullcarp name calling and categorizing go by the way side. We are all better than that.

I think that anything that happens on the ice with this team has little to do with TM any longer. I have felt this way for awhile now and given my reasons but I also believe that we are a great team over loaded with seriously talented depth at most positions and that we might be able to win the cup regardless of our head coach.

I also believe that TM has a staff that is good enough to have a positive impact and that they might keep us on track well enough to get us to the promised land.

Anyone who disagrees with me that is a King fan is equally right in my opinion and I am happy to in fun and good intent debate our differences anytime.

Anyone else well, we are all Kings fans and here to share or love thoughts good and otherwise about this team we love. Lets at least all respect each other.

You can have an opinion and still love a win or hate a loss even if it goes against what you believe to be happening with the team. This petty "we won (or lost) so you must be angry (or happy etc) is just nonsense and bull.

So baby please, give a little respect to each other.

Meh

Shaking cane and sitting back on the porch for awhile again.
I'm happy about the win, but ....

Were you jumping for joy with Hunter on the PP?

Excited about seeing Lokitonov on the 4th line?

Thrilled to see Richardson and Lewis scratched for guys like Westgarth?

I honestly think that the Kings won in spite of the AWFUL decisions of TM. If not for Jackman with the 2 huge turnovers and Bernier playing out of his mind, the Kings would have succummed to another underperforming team that is just starting to pull it together with a new coach.

STL still has an awful PP - and the Kings have still scored the fewest goals of any team in the NHL in the 1st period.

Let's be honest - if the Kings play like this for the rest of the season, we'll be debating who the new coach will be over the summer....

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:56 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
I almost blew a gasket when Hunter was out there again. He's passable as a checker, but he's way out of his element on the pp.

On a side note, I loved the way DD played tonight. He's getting the cockiness and swagger back that he had before. Yea, he put too much on that check at the end, but otherwise he was great for most of the night. Very physical and quick with the puck.
In TM's defense, I think he's just trying to jump start Hunter's offense. And the fact that he's a big body much like Zeus is probably a factor as well.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:56 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
No one wants to talk about the awesome Game Westy put together?

The fourth line was real good tonight.
... because they didn't give up a goal?

They did EXACTLY what they were supposed to do - nothing more, nothing less.

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:58 PM
gtwyc
L.A. Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
You're a silly boy.

Kings could win 10 stanley cups in a row and you'll find a reason to remain a pessimist.
look at the guys avatar for fukcs sake!

silly boy is right.

gtwyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:00 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I am so sick of all the petty bickering amongst us King fans. Enough is enough.

So baby please, give a little respect to each other.
A-****ing-men.

Some of you need to rediscover how much fun it can be rooting for your favorite team.

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:02 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

I hope Doughty doesn't get suspended for that little tap. Maybe fine him if anything, but I don't think that is worth a suspension. If it is, I will be very confused. I have seen hits much worse than that go unpunished.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:03 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post

I honestly think that the Kings won in spite of the AWFUL decisions of TM. If not for Jackman with the 2 huge turnovers and Bernier playing out of his mind, the Kings would have succummed to another underperforming team that is just starting to pull it together with a new coach.

STL still has an awful PP - and the Kings have still scored the fewest goals of any team in the NHL in the 1st period.

Let's be honest - if the Kings play like this for the rest of the season, we'll be debating who the new coach will be over the summer....
I think we agree that TM simply isn't the right coach for the team. I can't begin to understand some of the ridiculous Fotorekesque juggling the guy does and for the most ridiculous of reasons but, the team weathers the storm and produces to their credit.

I think we will still end up debating who our new coach will be this summer anyways, like usual.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
If the Kings continue to win 5 out of every 7 games, it's gonna be a short summer

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:25 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:

1) I was jumping for joy when Richards fed Kopi for a nice goal on a PP. We'll be just fine if we get 1 PP each game.

2) I was pretty excited when I saw Lokitonov feed Richards for a nice one-timer on the 2nd Kings goal. Great pass!

3) I was excited that Westy could match the Blues feistiness if it came down to fisticuffs. It was a chippy game, glad we had the heavy dressed.

4) I'm glad the Kings aren't the fewest scoring team in the 2nd and 3rd periods

Go Kings!

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Winner!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Oh.

I am sorry are people still belly aching even though we won?

Haven't checked..

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Shellz

Really liked the 4th line. Take that you na na boo birds. Bernier played solid too.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Loktionov was on the fourth line for all of one shift that didn't follow a power play or penalty kill. Notice how he set up Richards on the second goal?

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Really liked the 4th line. Take that you na na boo birds. Bernier played solid too.
ye, Im liking Fraser a lot so far. Probably the kings best bottom 6 forward all season. Actually plays like he cares. Westy has been solid aswell.

Id like to see those 2, Richie, Lewis and Stoll get 5 of the bottom 6 spots. Clifford sent to the AHL, and Moreau/Hunter alternated in the other spot

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:53 PM
gtwyc
L.A. Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Loktionov was on the fourth line for all of one shift that didn't follow a power play or penalty kill. Notice how he set up Richards on the second goal?
nice someone who actually understands diff situations in the game and why loki was out there with the 4th line..

sick avatar btw

gtwyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by butteryslugz View Post
nice someone who actually understands diff situations in the game and why loki was out there with the 4th line..

sick avatar btw
Haha thanks I can't take credit for it, though. I couldn't make something so sick.

I was pretty confused to see Moreau start with Richards and Brown considering I was watching delayed and I did a media blackout for myself, but it was clear that it was a one-time thing. I'm wondering if Loktionov had an equipment issue to start the game. Every other time Loktionov was out there with a line that wasn't Richards and Brown, it was following a power play or penalty kill, so obviously the lines would be mixed up.

Old
11-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I am sorry are people still belly aching even though we won?
It never ends. Really takes most of the fun out of this board. I usually avoid post game threads after losses. I think I have to start avoiding them after wins as well.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Chazz Reinhold

I haven't seen it mentioned so maybe I missed it, but I liked how Stoll WAS NOT playing the point on the power play tonight. They just rotated Doughty, Johnson, and Voynov between the two power play units.

I think it's pretty clear that Voynov is the most dynamic player at the point on the power play. Doughty just doesn't make the reads that Voynov does, and he's much more indecisive with the puck than Voynov. I honestly think the Kings power play looks better when it runs through VV.

Old
11-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Nose of Sutter

Only saw the first period, sounds like we got it together in the 2nd and 3rd, sounds like Westy also put together a good game so I apologize for making such a big deal out of him being in over Lewis. I'll take the points though, it's a good day in age to be a Kings fan.

Nose of Sutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:10 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

man watching the highlights. On the play where Bernier made the huge save on the 3 on 2. What in gods name is Doughty doing. I know he told Gagne(?) to watch the 3rd guy, which Gagne did not do, making it a 2 on one. But doughty just drops to the ice as if having a rest. He has no momentum where he is going to slide into the person with the puck, he isnt in the passing lane and he isnt in the shooting lane, and he is now on the ice so he cant tie people up/hit rebounds away.

I think the only way he can play that worse is by turning around and just shoving Bernier into the net

Old
11-23-2011, 12:18 AM
Bandit

Quote:
A good team will overcome those bad bounces and excel in the end.
A good team will also find ways to win in regulation when they don't play their best... Oh wait, we're bashing the Kings after a victory aren't we?

Carry on.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:19 AM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I haven't seen it mentioned so maybe I missed it, but I liked how Stoll WAS NOT playing the point on the power play tonight.
It was refreshing. Murray must be reading nothelen's tweets.

Two out of 3 goals were also 5 on 5... also refreshing.

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

This was also a pretty big win. With how unsuccesful the team has been coming from behind so far, they easily could have fallen apart after conceding on the first shot, then being dominated for an entire period, yet they came back to get the 2 points in regulation

Voynov should also play the full 2 minutes on the pp imo, with Doughty/JJ rotated as his partner, ideally with Jack on the top unit. I doubt Murray has the balls to drop Doughty to the 2nd unit though, which is a shame since Voynov just is better than him in every aspect on the pp at the moment. I can't think of 1 thing Doughty does better, except wind up for a slapper, stand for a while with his stick in the air, pass it to JJ, get it back, and do his best Stoll impression

Im just so happy that our 2 stand out players in Kopi and Mike are ironmen who rarely get injured #jynxingalldayeveryday

Old
11-23-2011, 12:22 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Let me explain it to you then - the Kings are not playing anywhere near their potential. You can't depend on the better teams making those kind of bonehead mistakes to gift wrap a game like that for you.

If the Kings are going to go ANYWHERE this season, they are going to have to play MUCH closer to their potential. If they played a really good team, they would have been buried after that really poor 1st period.

I'm not just watching this team and expecting them to do OK - they have the potential to be something really special. Every game they play like this allows them to depend on luck rather than skill - and that luck will be less and less evident as they play better teams.

I'm happy for you if you're satisfied with a mediocre performance at best so long as they win - my bar is set MUCH higher than that. Watching a team for 38 years will do that to you. Obviously I'd rather that they don't lose, but for the long term progress, I'd rather see them totally outplay other teams, but lose the occasional game due to bad bounces because I KNOW that those bad bounces won't always be around.

A good team will overcome those bad bounces and excel in the end.
As resident pessimistic as you are..I'm on-board your train, right there besides you shoveling coal into the own. What ??? Steamers still are used around the world.

Joking aside; they are far away from where their play should be and I'm worried, much worried.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote