HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm #21 Kings @ Blues, 11/22/11 - POST GAME WIN!, THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
It never ends. Really takes most of the fun out of this board. I usually avoid post game threads after losses. I think I have to start avoiding them after wins as well.
I'm tired of it, I really am, and mostly don't spend time here because of it.

Lots of immaturity here.

Well, that is one "+" as to having season tickets...by the time I get home, I am much too tired to jump on the Internet and read this nonsense.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:29 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
It never ends. Really takes most of the fun out of this board. I usually avoid post game threads after losses. I think I have to start avoiding them after wins as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I'm tired of it, I really am, and mostly don't spend time here because of it.

Lots of immaturity here.
The complaining after a win is almost as annoying as complaining about the complaining.

You have an ignore feature at your disposal that you can use to silence anyone you'd like. Use it - don't complain about complainers when you have the ability to take care of that yourself.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:39 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
The complaining after a win is almost as annoying as complaining about the complaining.

You have an ignore feature at your disposal that you can use to silence anyone you'd like. Use it - don't complain about complainers when you have the ability to take care of that yourself.
if only the ignore feature blocked quoted posts aswell

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:48 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Here is what everybody else saw and almost certainly has mentioned.

Okay, Here we go.

Loved Bernier's game savers

Richards 100% FO wow!

Nummero 10 and 11 going down blocking shots in the end _________ giving me a boner.

4th with Fraser___well done

Clutch players being just that.

Actually Stoll's defensive game was very good.

Best player: Bernier and Richards

As a king fan very pleased that we won.

Summary after 21 games: Richards is a hockey Angel on a mission sent to Kings.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:52 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Here is what everybody else saw and almost certainly has mentioned.

Okay, Here we go.

Loved Bernier's game savers

Richards 100% FO wow!

Nummero 10 and 11 going down blocking shots in the end _________ giving me a boner.

4th with Fraser___well done

Clutch players being just that.

Actually Stoll's defensive game was very good.

Best player: Bernier and Richards

As a king fan very pleased that we won.

Summary after 21 games: Richards is a hockey Angel on a mission sent to Kings.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:05 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

RICHARDS IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Bernier played great after that terrible breakdown on the first goal by the team and a soft goal by him.

Lokti, great assist.

I'm too tired to type anything else, as I still have work to do tonight.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:27 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
All I know is, seeing Kopi and Richards both sliding to block that point shot...man, that's on-ice leadership right there. We need to clone those guys.
My favorite part of the game, that they did it at the same time, same motion, same thought pattern...and you're right, that is the two leaders on this team that are already forming a very solid partnership, compliment each other perfectly and are a true heart and soul duo.

How about the stat on the post game , that 7 of Richards goals are game winning or game tying. Aren't five of his assists the same? Man...his nickname should either be stud or clutch...wow...
And it's only November...sweet sweet things to come.

I was rooting for him to go 16 and 0 on faceofss..wouldn't you know with what a few seconds left he loses that last one...

I hope he continuyes to ride the hot streak, esp Sat with the Hawks...

deeshamrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:37 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Old
11-23-2011, 01:43 AM
jml87

Quote:
lmao, can't believe they caught that on camera.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:46 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
lmao, can't believe they caught that on camera.
The clip cuts off the part right afterward where Brown looked down the bench to see if anyone had noticed.

Old
11-23-2011, 01:47 AM
DaAnimal

extremely happy with the win. Extremely happy with Richards and Kopi. Bernier played really well tonight.

My only concern is can we stay consistent?

JB deserves to start tomorrow

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:58 AM
tantrum4*

Zero chance Doughty gets suspended. He's never been suspended before, and if I'm not mistaken he's never even been fined before. Those will factor huge into the League's decision. ZERO chance he even gets one game.

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 02:00 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:

Where is this "ignore" button you speak of?

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 02:15 AM
Jetteroheller

Quote:
This is hilarious!

Jetteroheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 02:26 AM
Bandit

Quote:
At least he's consistent.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 03:06 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Is there a video of Dustin Brown's "late" hit?

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 03:43 AM
unhinged97

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
I was rooting for him to go 16 and 0 on faceofss..wouldn't you know with what a few seconds left he loses that last one...
He did exactly what you wanted him to do there: "winning" the face-off by not allowing a shot to get off.

unhinged97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 03:48 AM
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan

Quote:

seems counterproductive to keep the complaining going, the ignore button is available all of us. if it bothers all of you so much. you all should use it.

i dont mind it at all, this is what the boards are for. expression of opinion and interest in hockey, et cetera.

butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by butteryslugz View Post
seems counterproductive to keep the complaining going, the ignore button is available all of us. if it bothers all of you so much. you all should use it.

i dont mind it at all, this is what the boards are for. expression of opinion and interest in hockey, et cetera.
There is plenty to complain about and plenty to be happy about.

Happy to have Kopitar and Richards playing the way they are
Happy to have Quick
Happy to have quality defenseman
Happy to be playing well on special teams
Happy that Murray after 4 seasons finally took Stoll off the PP last night

Complain about the offense
Complain about the bottom lines being arguably the worst in the league
Complain about Moreau and Hunter on the PP
Complain about Murray and Lombardi hockey

The interesting thing about the Kings is there really aren't that many guys playing "middle of the road" hockey. Especially when it comes to forwards, you have Gagne, Loktionov and Fraser doing what is expected of them, but beyond that you have Kopitar and Richards playing at an insane level and everyone else sucks (Brown and Williams are wildly inconsistent)

What's also funny is people get mad when people complain, then you follow the GDT and everytime there is a penalty against the Kings, even one as blatant as the one on Moreau tonight you have 15 posts complaining about the offificiating, often by those same people who whine that there is to much complaining.

Last edited by Herby: 11-23-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Richards10

I'm really happy we got the win tonight but if we keep playing like that I don't see us getting very far.
We don't generate enought offence, we don't pressure the opponent enough. I honestly think we won quite a few games we shouldn't have.
Heaven forbid Kopi or Richards go down...
I understand people annoyed by other posters constantly complaining but I for my part want the Kings to win the Cup and that means pushing yourself to become better.
So understand the comments as constructive criticism because in the end we all want the same and I don't think we achieve it the way we've played so far.
Man, I'd really like to see a capable coach working with this team..

Richards10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 07:57 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Freakin LOL

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Chazz Reinhold

The fourth line had a pretty effective game, as well. I still like what Fraser is bringing to the team. He's a decent enough skater to get up and down the ice with no problem, and he's making sure he gets a body on someone any chance he gets.

I know people like to bag on Westgarth, but his skating has drastically improved. He is head and shoulders above Ivanans out there.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 08:37 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Oh, and I think Hunter had his best game as a King (minus the penalty). He was really strong down low along the boards, and the Kings need players like that right now to be successful with their ever-infamous "dot-to-board" play. Another thing I like about Hunter is that he's incredibly proficient at making smart and accurate ten to fifteen foot passes. He made a couple nice plays coming out of the defensive zone last night were he hit Clifford (can't remember who the other one was) with a nice, short pass that allowed Clifford to go through the neutral zone with speed. Hopefully Murray keeps him in there again tonight.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:32 AM
bral
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
This was also a pretty big win. With how unsuccesful the team has been coming from behind so far, they easily could have fallen apart after conceding on the first shot, then being dominated for an entire period, yet they came back to get the 2 points in regulation

Voynov should also play the full 2 minutes on the pp imo, with Doughty/JJ rotated as his partner, ideally with Jack on the top unit. I doubt Murray has the balls to drop Doughty to the 2nd unit though, which is a shame since Voynov just is better than him in every aspect on the pp at the moment. I can't think of 1 thing Doughty does better, except wind up for a slapper, stand for a while with his stick in the air, pass it to JJ, get it back, and do his best Stoll impression

Im just so happy that our 2 stand out players in Kopi and Mike are ironmen who rarely get injured #jynxingalldayeveryday

I have to disagree, please take JJ off the PP, he's a momentum killer IMO, he just don't have the vision or finese/touch for the PP.

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:51 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Kings 8-0 when scoring 3+ goals.

Need more offense.

3-5-1 now when giving up the first goal. 2 5-on-5 goals too. Thanks Jackman!

Does Murray start the hot hand tomorrow? How about win and you are in? Bueller?
I don't start Bernier tomorrow, but I start to make sure his starts will come more often than every two weeks or so. Barring an injury, Quick should never be on the bench for two games in a row.

But the main reason I quoted you is because this stat about 3 goals always jumps out at me. 8-0 when scoring three goals. And we scored three tonight because someone other than our top two lines did something, in this case Mitchell. It'd be nice to see our 3rd/4th lines step up, but any depth scoring we get is huge so I'm happy we got one tonight. We keep doing that, we'll win a lot more games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Does anyone still want Simmonds and Schenn back?
Who?

Seriously though, me. Imagine our 3rd/4th line if we had these two instead of Hunter and one of Moreau/Lewis/Richardson We'd be dynamite. DYNOMITE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
If Richards could get better on face-offs he would be a pretty complete player.

Funny thing is, Stoll and Kopitar percentage wise are well ahead of him thus far this season. We are scary good at faceoffs this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I am so sick of all the petty bickering amongst us King fans. Enough is enough. Take a roll call of all of the great posters who aren't here any longer and you will see what happens when that type of petty garbage comes in.

We are all fans of the same team. ALL OF US.

Its fine to have differing opinions of how things should go and what seems right or wrong and great to debate them with each other. I am happy that I have friends here who see things differently then I do and only come back when I do to keep up with what everyone is saying both the good and the different.

Lets let the bullcarp name calling and categorizing go by the way side. We are all better than that.

I think that anything that happens on the ice with this team has little to do with TM any longer. I have felt this way for awhile now and given my reasons but I also believe that we are a great team over loaded with seriously talented depth at most positions and that we might be able to win the cup regardless of our head coach.

I also believe that TM has a staff that is good enough to have a positive impact and that they might keep us on track well enough to get us to the promised land.

Anyone who disagrees with me that is a King fan is equally right in my opinion and I am happy to in fun and good intent debate our differences anytime.

Anyone else well, we are all Kings fans and here to share or love thoughts good and otherwise about this team we love. Lets at least all respect each other.

You can have an opinion and still love a win or hate a loss even if it goes against what you believe to be happening with the team. This petty "we won (or lost) so you must be angry (or happy etc) is just nonsense and bull.

So baby please, give a little respect to each other.

Meh

Shaking cane and sitting back on the porch for awhile again.
And this is why I voted for you as poster of the year. Bang on TG GO KINGS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Thrilled to see Richardson and Lewis scratched for guys like Westgarth?
Yes. The way Lewis and Richardson had played thus far, I'd have scratched them earlier this year than Murray did. These guys were discussed at the start of the year as been key pieces of our 3rd line. Some (even bsides Kurrilino) suggested Richardson as a darkhorse for the 2nd line. They've played less than sub-par this year for the most part. The way Lewis has looked at face-offs, I'd be concerned with the suggestion of him taking over for Stoll as some have discussed.

Also, Westy looked good out there. I say scratch them both again and dress Westgarth and Hunter next game as well.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote