HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 6)

View Poll Results: Who would you trade for Kyle Turris?
Brendan Gallagher 1 3.57%
Nathan Beaulieu 0 0%
Lars Eller 1 3.57%
Alexander Avtsin & Michael Bournival 2 7.14%
Louis Leblanc & Yannick Weber 4 14.29%
Two first round picks 0 0%
One first round and two (or three) second round picks 0 0%
Nope! Ain't gonna do it. 20 71.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2011, 09:36 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFutureGuy3 View Post
Apparently, Boudreau and Semin are butting heads. Semin has a hugh contract that no one else would want except maybe:

Gomez for Semin -

What pieces do we add to make it happen?
i wouldn't do it and the caps wouldn't do it

Old
11-23-2011, 09:37 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
semin with martin is a no-no. And i prefer Martin. Semin is nowhere to be seen in the playoffs
Yeah 30 points in 37 games is really invisible.

Old
11-23-2011, 09:48 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Why the hell would they accept Gomez for Semin? Boudreau may butt heads with Semin but atleast he puts up 60 points a year, Gomez? you'll be counting your blessings if he breaks 50.

Old
11-23-2011, 10:01 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
Yeah 30 points in 37 games is really invisible.
one of the many misconception about semin

he's having a tough year this year but:
- he's 6'2 and doesn't play soft. not tough but he's no teddy bear either. just don't ask him to fight
- he's got decent playoff stats (30 in 37) which are in line with his regular season production
- remember reading some caps fans mentioning that he was playing the pk last season. not sure if it's the case this season or if he was any good at it though.
- reasonably fast

his problem are mostly motivational and he seems to have a certain lack of character. having ovechicken around you 24/7 probably doesn't help him...

not saying he's a bad player. he's a 70-80 point guy at best. if the coaching staff think they can teach him a good two-way game and he can be had for a reasonable price then we'd be stupid to say no. but it's probably better we don't. at this point i'd be willing to bet that his world revolves around ovi... kid barely spoke english last year in 24/7

Old
11-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Why the hell would they accept Gomez for Semin? Boudreau may butt heads with Semin but atleast he puts up 60 points a year, Gomez? you'll be counting your blessings if he breaks 50.
We are aiming more for the 20-30 range.

Old
11-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Roulin

Is anyone familiar with Blair Jones (waivers)? Could he fill in as 4th RW until White is healthy?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=72018

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...+32+63+67#mf=t

Old
11-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Is anyone familiar with Blair Jones (waivers)? Could he fill in as 4th RW until White is healthy?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=72018

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...+32+63+67#mf=t
I can see them having Weber there in the next couple weeks once most of the d-men are back so he can play PP and as insurance on Markov. Moen-Noke-Weber

Old
11-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I can see them having Weber there in the next couple weeks once most of the d-men are back so he can play PP and as insurance on Markov. Moen-Noke-Weber
Good call, I agree that is probably the way to go, but Gill's the only one due back before the end of the Cali trip, right? I think if an extra NHL body is available for nothing for 5 or 6 games, it would help.

Old
11-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Good call, I agree that is probably the way to go, but Gill's the only one due back before the end of the Cali trip, right? I think if an extra NHL body is available for nothing for 5 or 6 games, it would help.
The problem is that they are close to 50 contracts I think, so in case they want to make a trade or sign somebody, they want 1-2 spots available. Claiming a guy like that would cost them that flexibility...I guess they could send Lefebvre to BB in the QMJHL and have his contract slide a yaer...

Old
11-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Miller Time

i posted this proposal in the Cammy thread on the main trade board...

To Mtl
Nyquist
Stuart
Hudler

To Detroit
Cammalleri
Spacek

Stuart would be a great addition to the back-end this year, and with our need to re-tool defense in off-season, getting an inside track on signing him for next 2-3 seasons would be additional value.

Hudler has been a disappointment since returning from Russia, and isn't a great fit, but as a UFA he's low risk, and perhaps a change of scenery & putting him on a line with fellow Czech Plekanec helps spark him, giving us a nice jolt (despite being included more as an "add-in" cap adjuster, i.e low cost)

Nyquist is the centrepiece, Wings are very high on him... Great skater, strong 2-way game, potential to be a solid top-6 player, but if not should at least be a very good 3rd liner... I could see him on a line with Eller/Leblanc in 2-3 years giving us a great 2-way fast skating line that can contribute offensively.

Old
11-23-2011, 05:33 PM
HCH

If Gauthier makes a trade I think it will be more of an organizational depth move rather than the blockbuster variety. He will be evaluating the status of Campoli and Markov as well as evaluating the play of some of his younger d-men like Weber, Emelin and Diaz.

If everyone comes back healthy, you would have to think the two players most likely to be traded would be Weber and Campoli. In Weber's case, he has to go through waivers so keeping Diaz over him creates more roster flexibility. In Campoli's case, he was signed as a filler in case Markov didn't return. He becomes a redundant asset if Markov is healthy and he doesn't fill the same role as Emelin. In addition, both Emelin and Diaz are less expensive than Campoli.

This isn't an indictment of the play of either Weber or Campoli, it is just the circumstances surrounding these two players.

When you look at organizational depth, it is pretty obvious that we are thin at center or in goal. If many get their wish and Gomez is cut loose, we don't have much in the way of talent at center should one of the other centers become injured. Our goaltending depth is even worse.

With Anders Nilsson probably the heir apparent for the Islanders, would Kevin Poulin be available and would we want him. Is David Ullstrom available or will he stick with the NHL club and what about Cory Trivino who his playing in the NCAA.

I can't see the Isles wanting Campoli back but two NHL fringe to average players for two AHL players that might fill an organizational need and a college prospect is closer the kind of trade I would expect over anything involving Gomez, Spacek, Cammalleri or any of the other vets.

Old
11-23-2011, 06:15 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

How about trading Cammalleri for Patrick Sharp as a 1 for 1 swap?

Old
11-23-2011, 08:42 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
How about trading Cammalleri for Patrick Sharp as a 1 for 1 swap?
Why the hell would Chicago do that?! Sharp is their Pleky!

Old
11-23-2011, 09:10 PM
TheBuriedHab

Caller on the team 990 just proposed Scott Gomez + Spacek for Eric Staal. Yeah im serious.

Closed Thread