HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 2.0: Markov out 3+ weeks (minor surgery) Campoli & Spacek practicing

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
I'm always amazed, be it for hockey or everything else in life, how some people feel they're entitled to everything. Because I've been a fan for a long time, I'm entitled to this and that... because I work hard, I'm entitled to a promotion and a raise.. because I pay, I'm entitled to say or do anything I want...

So by their logic, their boss can verbally abuse them because they're paying them, since I can insult players or boo them because I paid for a ticket, thus their salary.
So, what's your philosophy? Be quiet at all times. Pretend you're happy with everything even when you aren't?
You're entitled to your opinion as well...hence why you responded to my post. You're just another human being like I am. No more or less important than I am. You gave your opinion and I gave mine. Two Hab fans that disagree (won't be the last!).

And you're amazed at how humans react to unfairness. Humans will always give their opinions...democracy. If you think that is not right, well...you're entitled to your opinion. I'm not going to throw eggs at Markov's house...I'm just giving my opinion about him (on HF Boards...how innocent is that?!).

How do you feel about the constant bashing of Gomez and many other current Hab players and many many former Hab players...?? did you defend every single one? or you just have a soft spot for Markov?

Entitled to everything? Let's not go too far. I'm entitled to write my opinion on Markov on...HF Boards (Canadiens Boards). And that's all I'm doing. I'll go on record here and write that I've never booed a Habs player at the Forum or Bell Centre. This is the first time I complain constantly against ONE Hab player on a hockey website 'cause I feel I have the right to (waiting forever and ever for a player that doesn't give discounts will do that to me and as a bonus he's always very negative in interviews...always grumpy and miserable...wish we were waiting for Raymond Bourque instead of always injured/miserable/grumpy Markov).

If I'm a woman...all the $$$$$ in the world couldn't get me to marry this miserable/grumpy Markov who is only trying to collect as much $$$$ in Montreal before going back to Russia. Let's see how long it takes before he gets another injury that takes 9 to 12 months to heal. 10 games? 20 games? 30 games? Let's see if Markov can prove some anti-Markov fans like me wrong! (I want to be so wrong...it's all up to Markov).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 11-23-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old
11-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Well...you'll go the rest of your life continuing to be amazed at how humans react to unfairness. We can't all be perfect like you.

How do you feel about the constant bashing of Gomez and many other current Hab players and many many former Hab players...?? did you defend every single one? or you just have a soft spot for Markov?

Entitled to everything? Let's not go too far. I'm entitled to write my opinion on Markov on...HF Boards (Canadiens Boards). And that's all I'm doing. I'll go on record here and write that I've never booed a Habs player at the Forum or Bell Centre. This is the first time I complain constantly against ONE Hab player on a hockey website 'cause I feel I have the right to (waiting forever and ever for a player that doesn't give discounts will do that to me and as a bonus he's always very negative in interviews...always grumpy and miserable...wish we were waiting for Raymond Bourque instead of always injured/miserable/grumpy Markov).

If I'm a woman...all the $$$$$ in the world couldn't get me to marry this miserable/grumpy Markov who is only trying to collect as much $$$$ in Montreal before going back to Russia. Let's see how long it takes before he gets another injury that takes 9 to 12 months to heal. 10 games? 20 games? 30 games?
What a ridiculous procession of jibberish...who cares how happy is sad Markov is in freaking interviews, do you realise how moronic you sound?

First of all I could care less about the tone of a guy speaking to the media, Mathieu Darche is great at interviews but he is doing squat on the ice, am I going to sign him to a 5 year extension for 45 mil because he gives a good interview?
I'll take the guy that's a stud on the ice and makes the team a lot better as well as everybody around him. Yeah he's had injuries, I'm sure he is 10 x more frustrated about it than the worst poster on here. as a professional athlete I'm sure nothing is more frustrating than missing a lot of time due to injury as this is their life, their passion and they know careers are not 40 years long.
Second, Markov speaks primarily Russian and is not 100% comfortable in English, plus the Monteral media(at least those on late night time filling slots) for the most part are blood sucking parasites taht are just looking for any material to crap on guys, so I can see where some Hab players are pretty conservative in interviews(includes JM).

Old
11-23-2011, 08:09 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
If I'm a woman...all the $$$$$ in the world couldn't get me to marry this miserable/grumpy Markov who is only trying to collect as much $$$$ in Montreal before going back to Russia. Let's see how long it takes before he gets another injury that takes 9 to 12 months to heal. 10 games? 20 games? 30 games? Let's see if Markov can prove some anti-Markov fans like me wrong! (I want to be so wrong...it's all up to Markov).
oh

my

god

Old
11-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Negotiations don't work that way, Markov could of found 29 teams who would beat that offer, at 1 year to evaluate the situation as opposed to 3, the dollar value would have to increase, to say something like 1yr at 7m.
I'm sure Toronto would have offered him 7 mil on a 1 year deal. They had lots of cap room and that would pose a small risk huge reward. He could have had a huge impact on their team if nothing else they could have gotten at least what Boston paid for Kaberle at the deadline for a healthy Markov.

Old
11-23-2011, 08:12 AM
MarkovsKnee

Definitely excited about Markov participating with contact practice now. He might be ready to go post-California trip, which would be awesome. He takes the spot that Diaz has beside Emelin, and we are much better defensively on the bottom pairing.

Gorges - Subban
Gill - Weber
Markov - Emelin

Old
11-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Well to be honest atleast Wiz is playing and producing unlike our 5 million dollar man and no I am not talking about Cams lol.
Yeah he was really producing those 8 games suspended...then proceeded to put up 8 points in 12 games but a -9...all for 5.5 mil a year.

I guess Pittsburgh should have traded Crosby for a player that would have been there from day 1...too bad you're smarter than Ray Shero...

Old
11-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
Definitely excited about Markov participating with contact practice now. He might be ready to go post-California trip, which would be awesome. He takes the spot that Diaz has beside Emelin, and we are much better defensively on the bottom pairing.

Gorges - Subban
Gill - Weber
Markov - Emelin
I would go with Gill-Subban Weber-Gorges...I think Subban needs Gill to maybe get back on track.

Old
11-23-2011, 08:19 AM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I would go with Gill-Subban Weber-Gorges...I think Subban needs Gill to maybe get back on track.
I'd argue that Gorges is a superior safety net when compared to Gill

Old
11-23-2011, 08:30 AM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
I think every (or almost every) Hab fan can agree that Eller has to play center...with Gomez we have more options. Eller on wing = coach Martin benching him quite often. Eller at center = many compliments from Hab fans. Desharnais at center ONLY when one of Gomez-Pleks-Eller is injured.

Cammalleri - Pleks - Cole
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Desharnais - Eller - Moen/Darche
Moen/Darche - Nokia - Palushaj
A.Kosts (injured)
White (injured)
Blunden

I like this line-up too. Patches should be re-united with Gomer-Gio & Cammy - Cole should be paired up again w/Pleks. Desharnais got off to a quick start but has slowed down a lot. I'd do DD-Eller-Moen, but once AK comes back he takes that spot.

It's probably sounds unfair but DD would be my 4th line centre once everyone's healthy. Besides, he and Darche played very well together last year and Darche has been lost without him this year. DD & Darche together would give us some 4th line scoring, which we are not getting any of this year.

I think we should keep Campoli too. He has a nice cap hit & we can afford to keep him, so why trade him when he is better than either one of Spacek, Diaz & St. Denis? That doesn't make sense. If he sits sometimes, well, so be it. He and Weber can sub-in for each other giving us even stronger depth on D.

Old
11-23-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
oh

my

god
That was litterally, one of the most ridiculous posts i've ever read on HF...(not yours, Mr. Habs' post)

Old
11-23-2011, 08:36 AM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Gill - Subban were awful to begin the season tho. They were both better when they were split, although some of that was because Subban was trying to do too much. I like Gill better with Subban than Weber not because it settles Subban down but because Subban's speed helps Gill. I've never really liked a Gill - Weber pairing but it looks like that's the way the Habs are going right now.

Old
11-23-2011, 08:48 AM
otto bond

My lines are

Pac-Gomez-Cole...try it JM
Cammalleri-Plekanec-AK it was the best line last years in the early going
Moen-Eller-Gionta time for Captain Gionta to do his work with Eller and Moen to help
Darch-DD-Nok We need White

Old
11-23-2011, 08:52 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
So, what's your philosophy? Be quiet at all times. Pretend you're happy with everything even when you aren't?
You're entitled to your opinion as well...hence why you responded to my post. You're just another human being like I am. No more or less important than I am. You gave your opinion and I gave mine. Two Hab fans that disagree (won't be the last!).

And you're amazed at how humans react to unfairness. Humans will always give their opinions...democracy. If you think that is not right, well...you're entitled to your opinion. I'm not going to throw eggs at Markov's house...I'm just giving my opinion about him (on HF Boards...how innocent is that?!).

If i could council you. I would say you sir, need a break from hockey. Go to Florida, relax, soak in the sun and come back home all refreshed and new.

Old
11-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
I do not know why people think PK needs to get back on track, he has been playing very well.

Old
11-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Bunka Gurndeep

Quote:

HF wall of fame material

Old
11-23-2011, 09:49 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah he was really producing those 8 games suspended...then proceeded to put up 8 points in 12 games but a -9...all for 5.5 mil a year.

I guess Pittsburgh should have traded Crosby for a player that would have been there from day 1...too bad you're smarter than Ray Shero...
Yes suspension far different than not playing due to being injured for a season+ suspensions will happen especially with the game WIZ plays he brings that aspect to a team also unlike Markov.

Old
11-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Yes suspension far different than not playing due to being injured for a season+ suspensions will happen especially with the game WIZ plays he brings that aspect to a team also unlike Markov.
You complain about production well a guy suspended is cap space wasted...you're jumping all over the place in your beliefs here.

I don't see Wisniewski as much more of a physical presence than Markov, people just seem to think he is because he's done a few bonehead things in his career that he's been suspended for.

Old
11-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Markov brings the ability to defend to a team, unlike the Wiz.

Quote:
You complain about production well a guy suspended is cap space wasted...you're jumping all over the place in your beliefs here.

I don't see Wisniewski as much more of a physical presence than Markov, people just seem to think he is because he's done a few bonehead things in his career that he's been suspended for.
Wiz has a reputation of playing with an edge from his earlier seasons in his career..since his point totals have risen he's become a lot less physical. He will stand up for himself which is nice but he's reactive about it, and half the time it's something stupid like in preseason or the Avery incident last year that hurts his own team.

I like Wisniewski but the idea that he brings so much toughness is laughable.

Old
11-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Paul Dipietro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Markov brings the ability to defend to a team, unlike the Wiz.
You make it sound like it's a sure thing that Markov is going to stay healthy long enough to make that true.

As much as I disagree with a lot of the stuff 29dryden29 contributes, I share his unease wrt the Markov signing

Old
11-23-2011, 10:39 AM
29dryden29

Quote:

A suspension of 8 regular season games is a far cry from over a season on the IR not sure how 8 games really compares to that. I fear Markov will be out of the lineup again in short order then what?

We are then back to oh if we had only signed so and so or if only we could stay helthy why did PG sign x player etc.

Old
11-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
You make it sound like it's a sure thing that Markov is going to stay healthy long enough to make that true.

As much as I disagree with a lot of the stuff 29dryden29 contributes, I share his unease wrt the Markov signing
Being a risk does not make you bad.

Old
11-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post

Why would fans be uneasy with the Markov signing?

It's not like there was a similar UFA we could have gotten that has his level of skill and impact.

Wisniewski is a #3 d-man on a cup contender, Markov is a #1. Ehrhoff a #2 or 3 though his numbers have dropped off being with Buffalo(on pace for 4-36-40 and -16) vs the high powered Canucks PP and Sedins. Maybe he was overrated, plus he got a ridiculous 10 year deal.

What is the worst case scenario for fans? Markov comes back and gets hurt again and has to call it quits. Next summer you know damn well that they will use that cap room somewhere else and put him on LITR like savard is in Boston. Sure the owners will be out 5.75 mil, but they'll still make a large profit.

Old
11-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
A suspension of 8 regular season games is a far cry from over a season on the IR not sure how 8 games really compares to that. I fear Markov will be out of the lineup again in short order then what?

We are then back to oh if we had only signed so and so or if only we could stay helthy why did PG sign x player etc.
If a player is suspended the cap hit still applies, at least if a guy is hurt you can use taht cap room on another player(see Marc Savard and Kaberle trade).

Old
11-23-2011, 10:54 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
If a player is suspended the cap hit still applies, at least if a guy is hurt you can use taht cap room on another player(see Marc Savard and Kaberle trade).
I know the cap hit still applies but after 8 games said player returns to the lineup just as he left. Not so much with an injury ask Boston how they feel about the Savard incident see what they think about it.

Old
11-23-2011, 10:56 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Kostitsyn skating with team this morning, good news as we need him back ASAP to help with some secondary scoring.

Closed Thread