HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Discussion including Fantasy Talk, #12

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2011, 03:56 PM
drownedsailors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Hey They are just doing their duty as Hollywood residents. I think later they said that Richards lied, in his interview he said that he read the books but never watched the movies, but he was just being friendly for the interview and he hadn't even read the books either. Can't blame them for walking out on that crap
Yeah I could tell that he was joking because he didn't even know the name of the werewolf

Jonathan Quick stole the show though...hilarious interview.

Old
11-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

This is all awesome.

11-22-2011, 04:39 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Would have been better if they left as soon as the title came on screen

Old
11-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Prongo
Beer

Would anyone else be interested in picking up Kyle Turris?? I don't think it would hurt to check out the asking price for him atleast if I was Homer

Old
11-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Would anyone else be interested in picking up Kyle Turris?? I don't think it would hurt to check out the asking price for him atleast if I was Homer
You'd think it would be pretty low.

Old
11-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
You'd think it would be pretty low.
Bob for Turris.
SO MUCH DEPTH

Old
11-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Bob for Turris.
SO MUCH DEPTH
Everyone does realize that if we trade BOB then MFL would be our back up goalie haha

Well if his value is low what would you offer?

Old
11-22-2011, 07:56 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Everyone does realize that if we trade BOB then MFL would be our back up goalie haha

We have a logjam at forward that stretches deep into the minors as well as LTIR.

Excess assets (if Bob could even be considered "excess") should be used to young defensemen or high draft choices in the upcoming defense-heavy draft.

Old
11-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
We have a logjam at forward that stretches deep into the minors as well as LTIR.

Excess assets (if Bob could even be considered "excess") should be used to young defensemen or high draft choices in the upcoming defense-heavy draft.
Can never have too much talent up front. I also agree we need a stud prospect on the back end but am I the only one who thinks BOB will not net us one or even a high draft pick?? And i'm not basing that on this years performance but on overall goalies value in the market

Old
11-22-2011, 08:09 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Can never have too much talent up front. I also agree we need a stud prospect on the back end but am I the only one who thinks BOB will not net us one or even a high draft pick?? And i'm not basing that on this years performance but on overall goalies value in the market
I was praying that someone would be so stupid to give a high 1st to us for a young potential starter in Bobrovsky.

Unfortunately, teams are not always as stupid as Colorado, and teams are not always as lucky as Washington.

In this equation Varlamov = Bobrovsky.

Right now, if I'm Holmgren, I'm already on the phone pushing hard to get a 1st out of Bob from OTT or PHX...and I'm a huge Bob fan. This is a business though, and we have a product on a market that has never been so lucrative (thank you Colorado).

Old
11-22-2011, 08:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
I was praying that someone would be so stupid to give a high 1st to us for a young potential starter in Bobrovsky.

Unfortunately, teams are not always as stupid as Colorado, and teams are not always as lucky as Washington.

Right now, if I'm Holmgren, I'm already on the phone pushing hard to get a 1st out of Bob from OTT or PHX...and I'm a huge Bob fan. This is a business though, and we have a product on a market that has never been so lucrative (thank you Colorado).
None of that will happen until after the season.

Ottawa is locked into Craig Anderson for 3 years as well.

Phoenix...not sure why you'd change a thing right now, much less Mike Smith.

I think people might find out that the Varlamov trade was a one-time deal. One team being dumb, and one team being lucky. Colorado wasn't testing the goaltender market, they WANTED Varlamov. Very badly obviously.

Old
11-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

I just honestly don't think one of those teams will make the same mistake as Colorado made this off-season. I mean anything is possible but I just don't see a team doing it after that trade. I also think he will be traded in the off-season too when we can bring over Hovinen from Europe.

Old
11-22-2011, 08:25 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
None of that will happen until after the season.

Ottawa is locked into Craig Anderson for 3 years as well.

Phoenix...not sure why you'd change a thing right now, much less Mike Smith.

I think people might find out that the Varlamov trade was a one-time deal. One team being dumb, and one team being lucky. Colorado wasn't testing the goaltender market, they WANTED Varlamov. Very badly obviously.
Yeah. As much as we want a market to exist, it's really just wishful thinking.

Bobrovsky has far more value to the Flyers than he does as an individual on the trade market.

He could be a big swing piece in a multi-player deal, but I don't see him carrying much value despite his potential, pedigree, and track record.

It's unfortunate for us because it's not as if he's cheap or as if we're getting any further away from the day he needs a raise.

Quote:
I just honestly don't think one of those teams will make the same mistake as Colorado made this off-season. I mean anything is possible but I just don't see a team doing it after that trade. I also think he will be traded in the off-season too when we can bring over Hovinen from Europe.
I think Bob is on our roster for 2012-13.

Hovinen is AHL next year though for sure.

Old
11-22-2011, 09:21 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Anyone check out the ASG voting? It's kind of sad...

Daniel Alfredsson leads all forwards. Spezza and Michalek are also ahead of Giroux.

Old
11-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Mike Richards was 15 for 16 in faceoffs tonight. Where the F did that come from?

Old
11-22-2011, 10:16 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Mike Richards was 15 for 16 in faceoffs tonight. Where the F did that come from?
Yeah, he's been pretty solid all season so far, I think. He had a good game tonight, added another goal and assist. Gagné and Williams had an assist each as well.

It was a pretty good game overall. Bernier was really solid in net for the Kings. Doughty made an incredibly stupid play, sending Oshie into the boards from behind, in the dying seconds.

Old
11-22-2011, 11:09 PM
drownedsailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Anyone check out the ASG voting? It's kind of sad...

Daniel Alfredsson leads all forwards. Spezza and Michalek are also ahead of Giroux.
Since the ASG voting was open Senator fans have been voting like crazy. I can't remember the actually reason; but I think they're trying to have all six of the "vote in's"(3 forwards, 2 defensemen and one goalie) a Senator.

Old
11-23-2011, 12:05 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:

and Leighton would still have to clear re-rentry. Which would leave us with Jason Bacashihua as the back up Bryzgalov.
who needs a goalie right now with a GAA near 4 and a save percentage under .880. trading Bobrovsky right now would be foolish. his trade value is pretty low right now.

Old
11-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
and Leighton would still have to clear re-rentry. Which would leave us with Jason Bacashihua as the back up Bryzgalov.
who needs a goalie right now with a GAA near 4 and a save percentage under .880. trading Bobrovsky right now would be foolish. his trade value is pretty low right now.
Yea I agree. Like Shafer said i would think BOB is a flyer until his first deal us up and he's a RFA. Also I am confident nobody will claim MFL on re-entry waivers haha. It would be just as bad as us calling him up to be our back up!

Old
11-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Krishna

This clown on the main board said that Tampa dominated last night..

They lost 7-1

Old
11-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Garbage Goal

Pens w/o Crosby equal pretty good.

Pens w/ Crosby equal scary good.

Old
11-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Krishna

It was the islanders..
With Anders Nilsson in net..

Old
11-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
It was the islanders..
With Anders Nilsson in net..
Your problem here is that you assume I'm basing this off of one game. The Pens were a top team last year without Crosby and the best team in the conference this year without Crosby. Now with Crosby back, who is widely considered the best player in the league and was at an absolutely absurd PPG pace prior to his concussion, how is it unreasonable to assume that they're a scary good team now?

Old
11-23-2011, 01:12 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

If Crosby's legs are "tree trunks" and they are the strongest in the game... why do refs award him penalties when he flops from a tap on the back?

Old
11-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Prongo
Beer

Vancouver had an optional skate today and only 5 players showed up. Both Lu and Schneider, Ballard, Sulzer, and 21(who might be Bitz?) That's sad I think, I would be disappointed as a coach and a team-mate. And I get that it's only optional and players might be nursing injuries and stuff but come on 5 players!

Closed Thread