HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Bongo

vCash: 500
This actually makes my day. I want nothing but misery for these lousy f^*ks. Now they can ruin the market for another major league sport in Atlanta. Expect the Hawks to be decimated one piece at a time until the few thousand hoop stop showing up.

Old
11-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
This actually makes my day. I want nothing but misery for these lousy f^*ks. Now they can ruin the market for another major league sport in Atlanta. Expect the Hawks to be decimated one piece at a time until the few thousand hoop stop showing up.
This is what I know about Hawks games. Bad attendance, except it's a big game or the playoffs, and all the prime seats in those games are taken by people who are either rappers, rap producers, or acquaintances of either one who is mooching off of them.

Old
11-05-2011, 06:01 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
Warning to fans in Atlanta, the following material may create feelings of anger,rage and any other sort of emotion that makes you want to punch the ASG.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-ha...o-1217751.html
It means the losses will continue to mount up for the worst ownership in pro sports today.

I saw it and laughed. Maniacally. That was glorious news.

Either way, ASG wasn't going to be out of Atlanta. Meruelo would still end up being financed by ASG to the tune of 40% over a five year period."

ASG can sit there and eat the losses indefinitely, for all I care, until their assets end up being bought out in bankruptcy court by people who really want them, and will really work to make them as great as the city of Atlanta really is.

Old
11-05-2011, 09:34 PM
GreenHornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
It means the losses will continue to mount up for the worst ownership in pro sports today.

I saw it and laughed. Maniacally. That was glorious news.

Either way, ASG wasn't going to be out of Atlanta. Meruelo would still end up being financed by ASG to the tune of 40% over a five year period."

ASG can sit there and eat the losses indefinitely, for all I care, until their assets end up being bought out in bankruptcy court by people who really want them, and will really work to make them as great as the city of Atlanta really is.
I feel this way, too to a point. It is, however, tempered a bit when I think of the lower-level employees (game-night security, concessions, etc.) and the businesses around the arena that are suffering.

That said, however, may every one of those A$G ******** wind up living in cardboard box under an expressway underpass.

Old
11-08-2011, 07:34 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Arthur Blank is planning a new open-air Falcons Stadium with the intent to also add an MLS franchise.

He had no interest in buying the Thrashers and not having to build an arena. Wouldn't that be more fiscally... making sense?

Old
11-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Bongo

In spite of the fact that if you throw a rock anywhere in this town on a Saturday morning you'll likely hit a bunch of kids playing soccer, the people of Atlanta just won't turn out to watch real football. We've had already had two MLS teams come and go and nobody goes to the Silverbacks games.

It's just a shame that somebody like Arthur Blank didn't own the Thrashers.

Old
11-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Bongo

For a real, feel good Monday go over to the Jets board. The poor folks are freaking out over how bad their team is after losing Saturday night to the Bjs. To be honest, I wouldn't like that too much myself.

Old
11-14-2011, 01:35 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
So since it's an off day, I figure I'll pose a few questions: How are the Atlanta folks finding this season? Have you enjoyed following the Preds? Have you made it up to Nashville and felt welcomed by the organization and the fans? Do you consider yourself a Pred fans now or are you still tied? What else could make your transition better? Do you find yourself watching the Preds games televised in Atlana?

Still glad as ever to have some fans in Georgia following the Preds.

Old
11-14-2011, 03:06 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
In spite of the fact that if you throw a rock anywhere in this town on a Saturday morning you'll likely hit a bunch of kids playing soccer, the people of Atlanta just won't turn out to watch real football. We've had already had two MLS teams come and go and nobody goes to the Silverbacks games.

It's just a shame that somebody like Arthur Blank didn't own the Thrashers.
Well, that's not entirely true- those two teams were NASL teams, and pretty much every team that wasn't the New York Cosmos, Portland Timbers or Seattle Sounders was financially screwed in that league some way or another. The MLS didn't start till what, 1993? I was still a wee lad back then.
Does anyone say wee lad anymore?

Old
11-14-2011, 06:51 PM
tonyin318

I've made the transition to full-fledged Preds fan. I'm reading and listening to everything Preds I can get my hands on. Watched all the games (except the first two that were botched in ATL )
After a painful start, I've loved the team and players.
My daughter and I are heading up for our first "post Thrashers" game Saturday , we may even show up on Thursday and Saturday both

Thanks for asking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
So since it's an off day, I figure I'll pose a few questions: How are the Atlanta folks finding this season? Have you enjoyed following the Preds? Have you made it up to Nashville and felt welcomed by the organization and the fans? Do you consider yourself a Pred fans now or are you still tied? What else could make your transition better? Do you find yourself watching the Preds games televised in Atlana?

Old
11-14-2011, 10:18 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Can I ask a favor of the catbirds? Can we have a roll call of new Preds fans and how many games they have gone to?

Old
11-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Bongo

I wanted to go to the Montreal game but couldn't find a krewe. Most of my buddies are still bitter. I do have tickets for the Blackhawks on 1/21, the Sharks on 2/25, and the Threts on 3/24.

I've watched more Canes games because they're my favorite SE team. What I do enjoy about the Preds broadcast are all the Western Conference teams we never saw much of. That last west coast swing made for some long daze at work but it was worth it.

Old
11-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Maybe it is because I'm more of a night owl, but staying up to 12-1 is FINE (if we win--ha!). I imagine that extra hour is killer, though. Thanks for donating your zzzzz's to give the Preds another viewer!

Old
11-15-2011, 11:05 AM
codeyh

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
West coasters are brutal for everyone. Western Canada coming up in December too. ugh.

Old
11-16-2011, 08:49 AM
tonyin318

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Can I ask a favor of the catbirds? Can we have a roll call of new Preds fans and how many games they have gone to?
New fan: Tonyin318, Powder Springs GA (metro altanta west) Thrashers STH 1999-2011. Caught a Preds Sharks playoff game - don't remember the year. Thrashers-Preds 2 years ago when a bunch of Thrashers fans made the trip up in the snow.

Haven't been to a game this season, but will likely be there tomorrow (11-17) and saturday (11-19) with my 15 year old daughter who grew up with the Thrashers. A few things still need to work out.

Anyone have any suggestions for tickets other than the normal outlets? I won't know till tomorrow morning if we are going to make it or not.

Tony

Old
11-16-2011, 08:52 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyin318 View Post
New fan: Tonyin318, Powder Springs GA (metro altanta west) Thrashers STH 1999-2011. Caught a Preds Sharks playoff game - don't remember the year. Thrashers-Preds 2 years ago when a bunch of Thrashers fans made the trip up in the snow.

Haven't been to a game this season, but will likely be there tomorrow (11-17) and saturday (11-19) with my 15 year old daughter who grew up with the Thrashers. A few things still need to work out.

Anyone have any suggestions for tickets other than the normal outlets? I won't know till tomorrow morning if we are going to make it or not.

Tony
I have a pair of seats in section 108 row Q(shoot twice lower bowl) for saturday night listed for $29 below face on ticketexchange

and also, Welcome to PredNation

Old
11-16-2011, 09:00 AM
tonyin318

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I have a pair of seats in section 108 row Q(shoot twice lower bowl) for saturday night listed for $29 below face on ticketexchange

and also, Welcome to PredNation
Just sent you a PM !

Old
11-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Broom of the System

I have a pair for tomorrow 11/17 in 202 and it looks like I wont be able to make it. I haven't listed them on Ticket Exchange, and I was planning on just finding a friend that would buy them, but if any Thrashers fans are looking for a couple I can throw them up on Ticket Exchange. I'll happily sell them for less than STH price. PM me

Edit: They're aisle seats if that matters and the 200 section has seats that are a bit larger than the rest of the arena, the bathrooms aren't as crowded, etc...

Last edited by Broom of the System: 11-16-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old
11-16-2011, 09:54 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyin318 View Post
Just sent you a PM !
got it and replied.

Old
11-16-2011, 11:48 AM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

vCash: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Here! I'll be going up to Smashville on December 3rd to see the Preds take on the Sabres.

Old
11-16-2011, 11:51 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post

Overall, I still miss the Thrash of course, but jumping to the Preds has made the transition easier. New team, conference, and ownership. Love that ATL picked up 40 games as well. When I went to the home opener, I was greeted warmly. I'm now a full fan and barely even check on the Jets, even out of curiosity.

Old
11-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i'm wholeheartedly embracing the devils. great group of posters on here and a good ole underdog to make me feel at home. enjoy catching preds games whenever i can but i've been way too busy to watch much t.v. lately.

Old
11-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Thrashin Smashville

Went to my first game in nashville last night and I must say ill for sure be coming back. The game was a stinker (used to that being a Thrashers fan and all) but besides that it was awesome seeing an ownership that cares and you can def tell by the atmosphere. Even got me a smith t shirt on the way out. Plus the strip outside is absoloutley great. Def a new preds fan and making a ton more trips.

Old
11-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFFyouUP View Post
Went to my first game in nashville last night and I must say ill for sure be coming back. The game was a stinker (used to that being a Thrashers fan and all) but besides that it was awesome seeing an ownership that cares and you can def tell by the atmosphere. Even got me a smith t shirt on the way out. Plus the strip outside is absoloutley great. Def a new preds fan and making a ton more trips.
I can't believe you haven't changed your name, yet ... particularly after what byfuglien said in his first interview post-move

Old
11-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Thrashin Smashville

I really want too but it won't let me sadly.

Closed Thread