HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2011, 07:42 AM
  #876
Bongo
Registered User
 
Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
This actually makes my day. I want nothing but misery for these lousy f^*ks. Now they can ruin the market for another major league sport in Atlanta. Expect the Hawks to be decimated one piece at a time until the few thousand hoop stop showing up.

Bongo is offline  
Old
11-05-2011, 10:38 AM
  #877
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,798
vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
This actually makes my day. I want nothing but misery for these lousy f^*ks. Now they can ruin the market for another major league sport in Atlanta. Expect the Hawks to be decimated one piece at a time until the few thousand hoop stop showing up.
This is what I know about Hawks games. Bad attendance, except it's a big game or the playoffs, and all the prime seats in those games are taken by people who are either rappers, rap producers, or acquaintances of either one who is mooching off of them.

Drake744 is offline  
Old
11-05-2011, 06:01 PM
  #878
dj4aces
Registered User
 
dj4aces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,931
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
Warning to fans in Atlanta, the following material may create feelings of anger,rage and any other sort of emotion that makes you want to punch the ASG.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-ha...o-1217751.html
It means the losses will continue to mount up for the worst ownership in pro sports today.

I saw it and laughed. Maniacally. That was glorious news.

Either way, ASG wasn't going to be out of Atlanta. Meruelo would still end up being financed by ASG to the tune of 40% over a five year period."

ASG can sit there and eat the losses indefinitely, for all I care, until their assets end up being bought out in bankruptcy court by people who really want them, and will really work to make them as great as the city of Atlanta really is.

dj4aces is offline  
Old
11-05-2011, 09:34 PM
  #879
GreenHornet
Registered User
 
GreenHornet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Norcross, GA
Country: Israel
Posts: 343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
It means the losses will continue to mount up for the worst ownership in pro sports today.

I saw it and laughed. Maniacally. That was glorious news.

Either way, ASG wasn't going to be out of Atlanta. Meruelo would still end up being financed by ASG to the tune of 40% over a five year period."

ASG can sit there and eat the losses indefinitely, for all I care, until their assets end up being bought out in bankruptcy court by people who really want them, and will really work to make them as great as the city of Atlanta really is.
I feel this way, too to a point. It is, however, tempered a bit when I think of the lower-level employees (game-night security, concessions, etc.) and the businesses around the arena that are suffering.

That said, however, may every one of those A$G ******** wind up living in cardboard box under an expressway underpass.

GreenHornet is offline  
Old
11-08-2011, 07:34 PM
  #880
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
Arthur Blank is planning a new open-air Falcons Stadium with the intent to also add an MLS franchise.

He had no interest in buying the Thrashers and not having to build an arena. Wouldn't that be more fiscally... making sense?

headsigh is offline  
Old
11-09-2011, 07:43 AM
  #881
Bongo
Registered User
 
Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
In spite of the fact that if you throw a rock anywhere in this town on a Saturday morning you'll likely hit a bunch of kids playing soccer, the people of Atlanta just won't turn out to watch real football. We've had already had two MLS teams come and go and nobody goes to the Silverbacks games.

It's just a shame that somebody like Arthur Blank didn't own the Thrashers.

Bongo is offline  
Old
11-14-2011, 12:32 PM
  #882
Bongo
Registered User
 
Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
For a real, feel good Monday go over to the Jets board. The poor folks are freaking out over how bad their team is after losing Saturday night to the Bjs. To be honest, I wouldn't like that too much myself.

Bongo is offline  
Old
11-14-2011, 01:35 PM
  #883
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19
 
gopreds19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 788
So since it's an off day, I figure I'll pose a few questions: How are the Atlanta folks finding this season? Have you enjoyed following the Preds? Have you made it up to Nashville and felt welcomed by the organization and the fans? Do you consider yourself a Pred fans now or are you still tied? What else could make your transition better? Do you find yourself watching the Preds games televised in Atlana?

Still glad as ever to have some fans in Georgia following the Preds.

gopreds19 is offline  
Old
11-14-2011, 03:06 PM
  #884
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
In spite of the fact that if you throw a rock anywhere in this town on a Saturday morning you'll likely hit a bunch of kids playing soccer, the people of Atlanta just won't turn out to watch real football. We've had already had two MLS teams come and go and nobody goes to the Silverbacks games.

It's just a shame that somebody like Arthur Blank didn't own the Thrashers.
Well, that's not entirely true- those two teams were NASL teams, and pretty much every team that wasn't the New York Cosmos, Portland Timbers or Seattle Sounders was financially screwed in that league some way or another. The MLS didn't start till what, 1993? I was still a wee lad back then.
Does anyone say wee lad anymore?

headsigh is offline  
Old
11-14-2011, 06:51 PM
  #885
tonyin318
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: powder springs ga
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
I've made the transition to full-fledged Preds fan. I'm reading and listening to everything Preds I can get my hands on. Watched all the games (except the first two that were botched in ATL )
After a painful start, I've loved the team and players.
My daughter and I are heading up for our first "post Thrashers" game Saturday , we may even show up on Thursday and Saturday both

Thanks for asking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
So since it's an off day, I figure I'll pose a few questions: How are the Atlanta folks finding this season? Have you enjoyed following the Preds? Have you made it up to Nashville and felt welcomed by the organization and the fans? Do you consider yourself a Pred fans now or are you still tied? What else could make your transition better? Do you find yourself watching the Preds games televised in Atlana?

Still glad as ever to have some fans in Georgia following the Preds.

tonyin318 is offline  
Old
11-14-2011, 10:18 PM
  #886
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,765
vCash: 500
Can I ask a favor of the catbirds? Can we have a roll call of new Preds fans and how many games they have gone to?

BigFatCat999 is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 07:03 AM
  #887
Bongo
Registered User
 
Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
I wanted to go to the Montreal game but couldn't find a krewe. Most of my buddies are still bitter. I do have tickets for the Blackhawks on 1/21, the Sharks on 2/25, and the Threts on 3/24.

I've watched more Canes games because they're my favorite SE team. What I do enjoy about the Preds broadcast are all the Western Conference teams we never saw much of. That last west coast swing made for some long daze at work but it was worth it.

Bongo is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 08:41 AM
  #888
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,160
vCash: 500
Maybe it is because I'm more of a night owl, but staying up to 12-1 is FINE (if we win--ha!). I imagine that extra hour is killer, though. Thanks for donating your zzzzz's to give the Preds another viewer!

Adz is offline  
Old
11-15-2011, 11:05 AM
  #889
codeyh
Registered User
 
codeyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cellblock 303
Country: United States
Posts: 463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to codeyh
West coasters are brutal for everyone. Western Canada coming up in December too. ugh.

codeyh is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 08:49 AM
  #890
tonyin318
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: powder springs ga
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Can I ask a favor of the catbirds? Can we have a roll call of new Preds fans and how many games they have gone to?
New fan: Tonyin318, Powder Springs GA (metro altanta west) Thrashers STH 1999-2011. Caught a Preds Sharks playoff game - don't remember the year. Thrashers-Preds 2 years ago when a bunch of Thrashers fans made the trip up in the snow.

Haven't been to a game this season, but will likely be there tomorrow (11-17) and saturday (11-19) with my 15 year old daughter who grew up with the Thrashers. A few things still need to work out.

Anyone have any suggestions for tickets other than the normal outlets? I won't know till tomorrow morning if we are going to make it or not.


Tony

tonyin318 is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 08:52 AM
  #891
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,410
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyin318 View Post
New fan: Tonyin318, Powder Springs GA (metro altanta west) Thrashers STH 1999-2011. Caught a Preds Sharks playoff game - don't remember the year. Thrashers-Preds 2 years ago when a bunch of Thrashers fans made the trip up in the snow.

Haven't been to a game this season, but will likely be there tomorrow (11-17) and saturday (11-19) with my 15 year old daughter who grew up with the Thrashers. A few things still need to work out.

Anyone have any suggestions for tickets other than the normal outlets? I won't know till tomorrow morning if we are going to make it or not.


Tony
I have a pair of seats in section 108 row Q(shoot twice lower bowl) for saturday night listed for $29 below face on ticketexchange

and also, Welcome to PredNation

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 09:00 AM
  #892
tonyin318
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: powder springs ga
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I have a pair of seats in section 108 row Q(shoot twice lower bowl) for saturday night listed for $29 below face on ticketexchange

and also, Welcome to PredNation
Just sent you a PM !

tonyin318 is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 09:13 AM
  #893
Broom of the System
Registered User
 
Broom of the System's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
I have a pair for tomorrow 11/17 in 202 and it looks like I wont be able to make it. I haven't listed them on Ticket Exchange, and I was planning on just finding a friend that would buy them, but if any Thrashers fans are looking for a couple I can throw them up on Ticket Exchange. I'll happily sell them for less than STH price. PM me

Edit: They're aisle seats if that matters and the 200 section has seats that are a bit larger than the rest of the arena, the bathrooms aren't as crowded, etc...


Last edited by Broom of the System: 11-16-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Broom of the System is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 09:54 AM
  #894
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,410
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyin318 View Post
Just sent you a PM !
got it and replied.

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:48 AM
  #895
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds
 
NSHPreds1835's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 763
vCash: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Can I ask a favor of the catbirds? Can we have a roll call of new Preds fans and how many games they have gone to?
Here! I'll be going up to Smashville on December 3rd to see the Preds take on the Sabres.

NSHPreds1835 is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:51 AM
  #896
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 13,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
So since it's an off day, I figure I'll pose a few questions: How are the Atlanta folks finding this season? Have you enjoyed following the Preds? Have you made it up to Nashville and felt welcomed by the organization and the fans? Do you consider yourself a Pred fans now or are you still tied? What else could make your transition better? Do you find yourself watching the Preds games televised in Atlana?

Still glad as ever to have some fans in Georgia following the Preds.
Overall, I still miss the Thrash of course, but jumping to the Preds has made the transition easier. New team, conference, and ownership. Love that ATL picked up 40 games as well. When I went to the home opener, I was greeted warmly. I'm now a full fan and barely even check on the Jets, even out of curiosity.

AtlantaWhaler is online now  
Old
11-23-2011, 02:55 PM
  #897
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,470
vCash: 500
i'm wholeheartedly embracing the devils. great group of posters on here and a good ole underdog to make me feel at home. enjoy catching preds games whenever i can but i've been way too busy to watch much t.v. lately.

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 03:27 PM
  #898
Thrashin Smashville
Registered User
 
Thrashin Smashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Covington
Country: United States
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Went to my first game in nashville last night and I must say ill for sure be coming back. The game was a stinker (used to that being a Thrashers fan and all) but besides that it was awesome seeing an ownership that cares and you can def tell by the atmosphere. Even got me a smith t shirt on the way out. Plus the strip outside is absoloutley great. Def a new preds fan and making a ton more trips.

Thrashin Smashville is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 03:33 PM
  #899
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose/Nashville
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFFyouUP View Post
Went to my first game in nashville last night and I must say ill for sure be coming back. The game was a stinker (used to that being a Thrashers fan and all) but besides that it was awesome seeing an ownership that cares and you can def tell by the atmosphere. Even got me a smith t shirt on the way out. Plus the strip outside is absoloutley great. Def a new preds fan and making a ton more trips.
I can't believe you haven't changed your name, yet ... particularly after what byfuglien said in his first interview post-move

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
11-23-2011, 03:38 PM
  #900
Thrashin Smashville
Registered User
 
Thrashin Smashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Covington
Country: United States
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
I really want too but it won't let me sadly.

Thrashin Smashville is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.