HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm #21 Kings @ Blues, 11/22/11 - POST GAME WIN!, THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
It was a great hit. Not a whole ton of impact but he caught the Blue WAY off guard. We need more of those from him.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:51 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Wow, you would rather have a 3rd line plug and a prospect that hasn't shown anything in the NHL over a #1 center like Mike Richards (who is only 26)?

I said I want them back. Didn't say I'd give Richards back for them. I'm not a Flyer fan

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 02:05 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
Maybe Toffoli comes up in Feb and can light it up - if team defense can cover his inexperience and inevitable mistakes. I'd be interested in reading how other posters feel about that.
Toffoli is in junior and can't be recalled until his junior teams' season is over. Considering the 67's have a 14-6-3-1 record and sit atop the OHL's Eastern Conference, I doubt we'll be seeing Toffoli until we reach the playoffs, if at all.

I do agree we need a sniper though. Currently though, I'd rathr see us getting our 3rd/4th lines and Dustin Penner scoring first.

Old
11-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Conversation #1

Kings fan 1:

"The Kings are 4th in the conference"

Kings fan 2:

"Yeah but the other teams have games in hand, percentage-wise the Kings aren't in 4th"

Kings fan 1:

"Yeah but those teams have to win those games and they haven't played them yet"

Conversation #2

Kings fan 1:

"Hey, the Kings are 4th in the division but they have games in hand on the teams ahead of them"

Kings fan 2:

"Yeah but games in hand aren't games won so they don't mean anything until they win them"

That is how it works around here.

well that would be winning mentality

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

well that would be winning mentality
Oh is that it? So the Debbie Downers around here have a winning mentality do they? Well for a bunch of winners, they sure follow one loser ass team!

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 03:26 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Oh is that it? So the Debbie Downers around here have a winning mentality do they? Well for a bunch of winners, they sure follow one loser ass team!
Speaking of losers, I'll be leaving tonight after watching the Kings game to celebrate Thanksgiving with family oh and watch a couple of football games being played Thursday and Saturday in southeast Michigan.

I think it's going to be a good weekend for you Buddy. I think your Lions are going to pull the upset.

Last edited by Herby: 11-23-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Steve55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Oh, and I think Hunter had his best game as a King (minus the penalty). He was really strong down low along the boards, and the Kings need players like that right now to be successful with their ever-infamous "dot-to-board" play. Another thing I like about Hunter is that he's incredibly proficient at making smart and accurate ten to fifteen foot passes. He made a couple nice plays coming out of the defensive zone last night were he hit Clifford (can't remember who the other one was) with a nice, short pass that allowed Clifford to go through the neutral zone with speed. Hopefully Murray keeps him in there again tonight.
I saw some of the last night game on encore presentation. I also saw 1 pass Trent made from the left end boards behind the St Louis goal to Kyle in the left face off circle and he had a good chance up close (in the 3rd period). It sounds like Trent is playing tonight as well. Hopefully he puts up some points tonight.

What I didn't like from Trent (my favorite player since his Isles days) was his perceived lazyness when Backes got the puck 15 feet away from him but he didn't chase down Backes hard as Backes released a wrister from between the faceoff circles in the 3rd period. I understand he is a slow skater, but he should have had more speed than that.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 03:54 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

BTW, the Kings played smart hockey the last five minutes of the game against St. Louis and smothered the Blues.

Does Murray's system get any credit for that?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Toffoli is in junior and can't be recalled until his junior teams' season is over. Considering the 67's have a 14-6-3-1 record and sit atop the OHL's Eastern Conference, I doubt we'll be seeing Toffoli until we reach the playoffs, if at all.

I do agree we need a sniper though. Currently though, I'd rathr see us getting our 3rd/4th lines and Dustin Penner scoring first.
Thanks for the correction on Toffoli... I was relying on last years statistics and TG's reportage on him.

I'm thinking a sniper would remove some of the pressure on those lines by changing the attack options and forcing the opponents to focus on the sniper's line. Those two things can remove pressure from 3/4 line (Penner? who knows what going on in his head and hands) and the next thing you know, they start getting the odd goal.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 04:12 PM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
Just saw it. People are complaining about that?
Nothing Brown does goes without someone complaining.Damned if he does, double damned when he doesn't.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 04:20 PM
kingsfan
Doing the PR for RP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
BTW, the Kings played smart hockey the last five minutes of the game against St. Louis and smothered the Blues.

Sure, I'll give him a

I'm not a TM supporter, but I'm not blind enough to blame him for everything and assume he's had zero positive impact here. So a , either for last night or any time he's done something good and I've missed it.

Old
11-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

Murray gets credit all of the ****ing time for the teams defense and teaching it to the young players. Murray seems to always have a 2 or 3 year shelf life, at least until Dean Lombardi fell in love with the oldest coach in the NHL. Kings are still 25th in scoring right now. Until he gets them closer to 10th, the Kings won't win consistently and will continue to have the "luck and bounce" swings in the standings.

Murray is a teaching coach and isn't going to lead the Kings to the cup. You have to be a balanced team and play more in the middle of the ice to score goals, you know, the scoring zone. He's too old to change and Dean apparently loves him.

I remember countless people giving Murray praise for how the Kings play with a lead going into the third, it something like 65-0-3 the past few seasons. The problem is that the Kings are no where near 3 goals per game, which is usually where the Stanley Cup Champion ends up after 82 games.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 05:20 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Murray gets credit all of the ****ing time for the teams defense and teaching it to the young players. Murray seems to always have a 2 or 3 year shelf life, at least until Dean Lombardi fell in love with the oldest coach in the NHL. Kings are still 25th in scoring right now. Until he gets them closer to 10th, the Kings won't win consistently and will continue to have the "luck and bounce" swings in the standings.

Murray is a teaching coach and isn't going to lead the Kings to the cup. You have to be a balanced team and play more in the middle of the ice to score goals, you know, the scoring zone. He's too old to change and Dean apparently loves him.

I remember countless people giving Murray praise for how the Kings play with a lead going into the third, it something like 65-0-3 the past few seasons. The problem is that the Kings are no where near 3 goals per game, which is usually where the Stanley Cup Champion ends up after 82 games.
I agree with the bolded.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote