HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

New York Ranger Trades (TOR, WSH)

Old
11-23-2011, 11:57 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

vCash: 500
i think we'd rather keep kulemin.

as bad as he's doing this year, all it means is that he'll be cheaper to re-sign

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 11:58 AM
firstemperor

I do think that Dubinsky for Kulemin is fair, but I wouldn't do the deal simply because I don't think Dubinsky is the legit #1 center we need to take us over the top. We already have a lot of depth at the center position, but we're lacking quality, rather than quantity. Plus, seeing as this move is for the future, I really do think Colborne can shore up the #2 center position by next year anyways and we already have Conolly, Bozak, and Grabo.

In addition, the RFA point made about Kulemin is a good one, and I personally feel he has more upside. Those are just my 2 cents. Again, fair deal but I'd personally pass.

firstemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:04 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstemperor View Post
I do think that Dubinsky for Kulemin is fair, but I wouldn't do the deal simply because I don't think Dubinsky is the legit #1 center we need to take us over the top. We already have a lot of depth at the center position, but we're lacking quality, rather than quantity. Plus, seeing as this move is for the future, I really do think Colborne can shore up the #2 center position by next year anyways and we already have Conolly, Bozak, and Grabo.

In addition, the RFA point made about Kulemin is a good one, and I personally feel he has more upside. Those are just my 2 cents. Again, fair deal but I'd personally pass.
Dubinsky is more of a LW'er nowadays.

Hasn't played C regularly in almost 2 years.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 12:33 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Dubinsky for Kulemin is a very interesting offer, I think the value is basically dead on.

That being said, I'd rather hand on to Kulemin just cause I'd rather have the player that we drafted and developed and I like how he's clicked with MacA and Grabo, but I certainly wouldn't be upset if the trade happened.

11-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

The value is dead on because this trade is not an improvement for either team, unless both teams are looking for improvement from a change in scenery. It's really too early to say if either player does.

So why would the Rangers trade Dubinsky, who loves being a Ranger, in a lateral move for someone who might not love being a Ranger as much? Why is such a lateral move worth the risk?

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:36 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

1) When you have to start off by asking no to be flamed, rethink the rest of what you're posting.
2) "Gauging value but not trading" is begging for arguments because everyone fights over the value of players they don't want to trade.
3) Proposals including 3 core players from the Rangers that NO ONE wants to trade? Really?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

I'm back and forth on the first deal. One minute I'll take it the next I won't. Which to me says it's probably pretty even value if it's that hard to decide.

Jimmy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Don't think we'd see the leafs trading for a C without sending one back to open the lineup slot for him
Dubinsky is a LW.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Not unless you want to add to Kulemin.

And when I say add, I don't mean crap like Orr and Bozak. I mean good picks, prospects, and roster players.

So, it isn't happening.
I really wouldn't call Bozak crap...

Kessely Snipes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 04:56 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessely Snipes View Post
I really wouldn't call Bozak crap...
Okay, Meadow Muffin.